[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Overwatch.jpg (107 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch.jpg
107 KB, 626x352
Why is Overwatch "fun" and League of Legends "not fun"?

1. Overwatch games are a lot shorter.
2. It is pure PvP, no cancerous PvE elements involved.
3. There is 1 objective, so the games are a lot more coordinated, no cancer trolls doing a jungle camp at 30-40m and end up losing the game for you.
4. Bad games/stomps are less frustrating because you won't waste 20m+ of your time.
5. In game voice communication makes it easier to cooperate as a team.

If you love an online PvP team based hero based game, then Overwatch delivers, if you don't have any fps experience like me, you will have to practice until you eventually git gud. I was diamond 1 in league, but I just can't enjoy the game anymore, everytime I try to play it now after that I've experienced Overwatch, I see all the flaws and what a garbage game League is, inherent flaws + all the changes Riot made to the game. I still have 2.2k RP and I wanted to give it to my friends, but most of them also switched to Overwatch. Overwatch helped me quit LoL something I was thinking about for a long time.

Now is Overwatch perfect? no, the biggest problem with Overwatch is the 20 tickrate. Overwatch will never become an e-sport, if you want to compete and play a popular e-sport, don't bother with Overwatch. It will have an artificial e-sport scene created by Blizzard, but the 20 tickrate will keep it from being an e-sport and how great the game truly can be.

part 1/2
>>
>>340039902

I have a 20 ms ping, I stand behind an object, go the left really fast for vision and go back to the right. Enemy Widowmaker has arond 80 ms ping, but because of the 20 tickrate, the game predicts that I am still going to right and standing in the open, so the difference in ping is less important, then the widowmaker takes the shot, while I am already behind the cover again but I get hit, same for hooks + hanzo arrows etc and I die. Then on the kill cam, I see that I am standing in the open while I get shot down, which isn't the case, the server just predicts that is what I am doing. The 20 tickrate legit does so much damage to the quality of this game, I hope Blizzard updates it to 60 at least in the future.
The balancing is decent for now, some patches in and it will be better.

The cosmetics are easily obtainable by just playing the game, I am lvl 49 and already have 9 legendaries, you don't need to spend any money on the lootboxes, just play the game and after 3-4 months you probably have everything and every lootbox you get with dublicates become converted in currency so you can straight out buy any future cosmetics right away, just by playing the game a lot.

At the moment there is no ranked mode, but it will be implemented in 10-12 days.

All future heroes + maps and content will be FREE.

The game is fun, but it isn't as good as it could be because of the 20 tickrate and will never be a big e-sport. I love playing it though.

part 2/2
>>
Overwatch is a casual baby fps with absolutely no focus on individual skill, just a waiting time for the Q ability.
>>
>>340039902
LoL is a solid 30 minute commitment at least. You spend all the time and when you lose it just feel like a huge waste of time.

Overwatch is quick and even if youre losing it will be over in minute rather than tens of minutes like LoL
>>
>>340041487

That is not true, most Q abilities have to be executed at the correct time and scenario, the higher level you get, the easier these Q abilities are to counter and do nothing at all, because of the global sound warning they give, people just stay behind lign of sight or CC you etc.
>>
File: fredcosby.jpg (8 KB, 281x200) Image search: [Google]
fredcosby.jpg
8 KB, 281x200
You know, I liked TF2.
Then they turned it into a money farm for their own benefits.
Traders are cancerous
Players are cancerous

Even with all the retarded spamming on /v/ about Overwatch (the worst ones being the threads which actually break the rules and incite flamewars), I am genuinely considering to get Overwatch if I am able. Too bad my PC is still a potato and my game just crashed when I tried to play it during Open Beta.
>>
>>340042165

I never played TF2, probably missed out on a lot of fun. Feels bad.
>>
>>340042332
You have never played it at all? Even when it when f2p?
>>
File: daniel.png (359 KB, 744x537) Image search: [Google]
daniel.png
359 KB, 744x537
>>340041854
>30 min at least
>game is plagued by surrender@20 meme
Somebody has never played League before.
>>
Overwatch will never have a good competative scene, if you fail to realize this you are a shitter
>>
>>340039902
>Why is Overwatch "fun" and League of Legends "not fun"?
why are you comparing two different games from two different genres?
>>
>>340042405

Nope. League hooked me really hard, I enjoyed it but it got worse and worse every season.
>>
They are not the same style of game, at all. It's like comparing Forza and Smash Bros.
>>
>>340042753

They are not two different genres. Moba = multi player battle arena. Having lanes doesn't define a moba, having PvE doesn't define a moba. A lot of genres are mobas in my opinion. A lot of League players switched to Overwatch, because they core exerience of a moba, PvP battling against other people with interesting abilities and ultimates, is there, the way it is delivered is different, fps based and no PvE elements.
>>
>>340042576
I like Heroes of the Storm for that reason. No conceding.
>>
>>340042939
I feel you. LoL is/was my weekend game. Right now overwatch has lifted me of that curse.
>>
>>340043075
"Moba" is bullshit riotspeak for 'dota-like' and/or 'assfaggots'

Moba is such a fucking nebulous, broad-ass term that it baffles me that people actually use it, and take it seriously at all.
>>
>>340042974
Games are games you ignorant fucktard. If you are good at one genre you are good at all of them if you actually try them all.

Don't be like those pathetic faggots who are still playing Smash Bros Melee after 15 years because they are too scared to take up a new game.
>>
>>340043538
No. I'm good at FPS and suck at RTS. An apple is not a Bluetooth Speaker.
>>
>>340039902
Don't forget, actually seeing the waifus up close makes it more fun as well.
>>
I do like overwatch but your post screams ''IM A SHILL'' so fuck off.
>>
Because it is a casual game with fun characters and varied abilities, just like TF2. The matches are so short that the penalty for leaving before they end is barely important. It's retarded for blizzard to try to push for an e ''''sports'''' scene for it because of how casual it is.

So far my biggest complaint are the personalities and look of the characters. I love playing as d.va but I swear that I'm going to kill myself if I keep listening to her epik gamur gril references and about how much she loves Mei's blog
>>
>>340039902
>>340039942
>will never be a big e-sport

And that's a big reason it will be okay.

Hyper competitiveness really saps the fun out of games. I played League back in 2010, and it was my first moba/whatever you call it. At first it's fun, but as you git gud and move up to more challenging opponents, the game becomes stressful as fuck.

First of all the time investment per game grates on people and stresses everyone out. People become obsessed with winning at all cost. Not that there is a problem with winning, but when people join a game and immediately throw a tantrum because the heroes already selected doesn't meet their cookie cutter pro-win team, they became hostile or they'd leave, and even a few times they'd feed on purpose to "troll their noob team."

Essentially the game faded out of being a doofy battle arena of fictional heroes and into lists of number crunching, guide following, and social belligerence. It started to feel more like a job than fun in a video game. Maybe people get a thrill over this stuff, but I really don't, maybe it's an age thing. Video games were more of a relaxing thing for me and my similar aged friends.

TF2 and Overwatch both were/are more up my alley. Goofy, quick fun that can feel rewarding if you're better than the average person who plays video games. All of this without the stress of having to continue "upping your game."

I can jump in TF2/Overwatch, grab a couple of games, win/lose doesn't matter as much, or play with friends and it will feel rewarding.
>>
>>340039902
>20 tickrate
The custom games have a setting that lets you run at 60Hz and all competitive scrims and tournaments already use it. It would be insane for Blizzard to not eventually extend this to Ranked once Ranked is re-introduced.

So, yeah, it's a non-argument at this point. Sure, it's lame that it's not also 60Hz for Quick Play, but using it as an argument against competitive play makes no sense when you realize that competitive play already has 60Hz.
>>
>>340043895
This entirely.

Trying to make games into competition is what ruins a lot of them, especially online ones. People think that if the competitive scene doesn't use a hero, because all they do is pick the optimal composition every game, that the hero is terrible.

Competitive gamers and the people who enable them are almost always that kid who got mad when you beat him at Mario Kart and wanted to turn off items. Or, for another example, those kids who took sport in school incredibly seriously and got legitimately pissed of when the team lost.
>>
File: 1448717809424.png (433 KB, 546x704) Image search: [Google]
1448717809424.png
433 KB, 546x704
Overwatch isn't fun. I played it in the beta and got bored in 2 days. Uninstalled it before the free time finished. I seriously CANNOT comprehend how people are having fun with this braindead shallow copy of TF2.

>No ammo
>No strategy involved
>No build or weapon variety
>Every game is wait for cooldowns and break chokepoint

It's an FPS stripped to its' bare minimum. It's like a fucking flash game.
>>
>>340043710

Just trying to give objective opinion about the game, how can I be a shill if I criticize the 20 tick rate? are you retarded?
>>
>>340044167

There is 0 evidence that ranked mode will have 60 tick rate. Provide a source for your claim.
>>
>>340043075
Except MOBA is a shitty name for dota-style ASSFAGGOTS, and youre saying "it doesn't have to be like DotA" to count as a MOBA, well guess what DotA came first, not the shitty misnomer label "MOBA" which you now reverse-apply to overwatch.

LoL is derived from an RTS, and it appeals to a lot of players that would play RTS games (if they existed any more). Saying Overwatch and LoL are the same genre due to the strict requirements of the shitty label "moba" is really stupid.

One is class-FPS the other is ASSFAGGOTS, that is "Arena RTS"
>>
>>340044326
That's the thing though. It ensures that there is no actual imbalance in the game. Everything can be countered if possible, and teamwork actually does wonders. No more bullshit builds and combos where the rich enemy dipshit spams lenny faces in chat and screams in his mic at the top of his lungs "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL GIT GUD U FAGGOT LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL"
>>
>>340043538
why the fuck would i play overwatch if i want to play a fighting game such as melee
>>
>>340044192
>that kid who got mad when you beat him at Mario Kart and wanted to turn off items

We had a friend who insisted that we turned off items in Smash Brothers Melee, and that we should limit characters. We all thought it was stupid, and that he needed to calm down about video games.

Then I got to college, and that whole FOX ONLY NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION shit was 100% true.
>>
File: f97.jpg (8 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
f97.jpg
8 KB, 243x200
>>340045076
What the fuck kind of argument is that?

>It's good that it's shallow and homogenized because that way it's easy to balance and no one can hurt my feelings

This is you.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.