[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TURRET BUILDING LOVERS DISCUSSION THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: threadtopic.jpg (522 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
threadtopic.jpg
522 KB, 1500x1500
I love playing characters that can build a bunch of sentries. There are a lot of them out there and I wonder if I am missing out on the best examples.

Typically I prefer to be able to make a bunch of weaker sentries because it is so much fun to decide where to deploy them and experiment with new locations. Symmetra is my favorite Overwatch character because she gets to make 6 sentries. I had just started playing LoL and loving Heimerdinger when he was nerfed to only be able to make 2 sentries instead of 3. Stopped playing LoL because of it. One of my favorite gaming weekends of all time was when the glitch allowing the TF2 engineer to build infinite senties was discovered (Valve quickly patched it first thing Monday morning, but I loved it so much I figured out how to do it offline vs. bots).

Are there any one player games that are basically like playing as the TF2 sentry?I don't care for Sanctum at all because buildings have to snap into a low rez grid. Orcs must Die is a bit better but still has that grid. Both are exclusively defensive, too, but I'd like a game with levels like Half-Life or even New Vegas, but where sometimes you'd have to methodically push forward with sentries like a Terran pushing forward bit by bit with siege tanks.

TLDR: What are the most enjoyable characters that build turrets (or other static defense)? Could be in a MOBA or FPS or third person action game. What games have the best turret mechanics, but aren't really "turret defense" games because you control a character and can also go on offense?
>>
>>340038973
They nerfer Heimerdinger turrets, again.
Oh boy you dont know how he was before.
6 turrets and his ulti was a permanen upgrade on a turret and each one had a maximum of 3 upgrades
You were a Wall.
Im glad i quit before they make him more miserable
>>
>>340039421
is there a way to play as that Heimerdinger vs bots?
>>
>>340038973
SHIT CUNT ASS PUSS-
Oh.
OH!
Turrets!
My bad.
>>
Dungeon Defenders is a turret heavy game. All characters can build different sorts of turrets. It's tower defense game, yeah, but you can still take the fight to the enemy personally.
>>
>>340040118
Yeah, I played that. It's okay for tower defense, but I'm not really into those "the whole game is about holding on as long as possible" games (or, as I sometimes call them, "rodeo" games) like Devil Daggers.
>>
I fucking hate turret constructing doucheniggers.
Go ruin a single player game
>>
>>340040543
Well I'm taking suggestions for single player games. I.E. something like Crysis or Half-Life or Shadow Warrior, but I can build turrets whereever whenever.
>>
Somebody has to have some examples I've missed... I'm also curious about games with good summoning systems (basically turrets that move)
>>
>>340040118
I really hate how Dungeon Defenders 2 got rid of all the interesting turrets, like the knight's cannon ball that can roll around killing enemies. All the turrets are super boring.

Dead Game but I liked Kleese in Battleborn. His turrets pulsed giving shields to your team while hurting nearby enemies and you could build them up into a big network where the effect was stronger the more turrets linked together. It's pretty good once you get a couple levels into him and turn his alt fire into a sniper shot. And even though he's really not supposed to be chasing people down you can really burn people to shit with your lightning gun and the slam move from your wheelchair.

>>340041520
Lost Kingdoms had good summoning. Some of your monsters were summoned in their normal form to fight for you, some were (de)buffers, and others were immobile traps that you'd lure your enemeis into. Both games are really good, obviously the 2nd is better than the first, and they're made by From so a lot of the enemies are going to be really familiar.
>>
>>340042075
>Lost Kingdoms
>From
I never knew that
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.