[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many downgrades will we see at this year's E3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
How many downgrades will we see at this year's E3?
>>
Ubisoft games aren't downgrades, the "trailers" shown are completely fake one-off environments that are pre-rendered and not running inside any kind of game engine.

How you people didn't figure this out in 2006 when they first did it with assassins creed is beyond me.
>>
considering how underpowered this current gen of consoles is and we're already seeing poor framerates i'd say somewhere in the upper percentiles
>>
>>340033576
>it's a "people are still buttmad over trailers not being accurate to the final product" episode

you cucks need to shut up
>>
>>340033720
>I'm A-okay with false advertisement

xd
>>
>>340033883
that's not what I said you dumbass.

I don't watch trailers/preview stuff
it's for plebs
>>
>>340033664
>How you people didn't figure this out in 2006 when they first did it with assassins creed is beyond me.
You mean Killzone 2.
>>
>>340034036
This, you don't watch that nvidia keynote, or the amd one that just happened and just take it all fro 100% truth?
>>
>>340034164
The way I see it, it's all marketing.
It's all designed to sell you something.
So all of these things should be taken with a healthy amount of salt
>>
>>340033576
0 because 70% of the people dont notice the downgrade and will be hyped
>>
>>340033706
actually the age of downgrades is over, instead you can just let the game run at 15fps while looking just as advertised
>>
Wildlands will probably be downgraded.
>>
>>340033664
It upsets me that """""""""people""""""""" like you are allowed to post here.
The term "bullshot" (coined by Penny Arcade to describe this) is literally older than you.
>>
last guardian
>>
Almost every game gets a little reduction in fidelity. It's just part of marketing. The problems start when it's a massive change like for Watch Dogs, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>340034135
killzone 2 looks ALMOST like that trailer
>>
>>340034135
killzone 2 looks ALMOST like that trailer.
AC trailer looks identical
>>
>>340036725
sorry, don't know why it got posted twice (and only half of it)
>>
>>340034036
It's not some tech engine or proof of concept. They're purposely adding and investing visually in a one-time one-use project for the sake of marketing. It is false advertisement, not a development blog. Wallstreet may have caught on with this relatively young industry, but regulation still hasn't. It's only a matter of time before these things are taken to court. Heck, as far as I know workers even haven't unionized yet? It comes in phases.
>>
File: 1464529163362.gif (123 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1464529163362.gif
123 KB, 520x520
>downgrading on PC is a thing to cater poorfags trying to play at 5FPS on their NETbooks
>developers trying their best to not bloat game sizes with god tier textures
>>
>>340033576
>How many downgrades will we see at this year's E3?
How many games is Ubisoft showcasing?
>>
>>340037354
Not really. It's more so a thing to get dat console parity. Cause you can always do both on PC, games have graphics settings. Watchdogs even had a little bit of the orignal game hidden away.
>>
>>340035248
Witchwr 3 at least said before hand and was upfront about it, and explained why.
Watch dogs on the otherhand..
>>
>>340033576
Nice image op, where did you get it? The low quality pic store?
>>
File: 720p.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
720p.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
>>340033576
>Posting Youtube screencaps
>>
>>340037645
5 big titles are already confirmed, so I guess there's that
Watch Dogs 2 will be shown
>>
>>340037906
Okay, so i predict 5 visual downgrades
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNter0oEYxc
>>
Can't wait to see how downgraded this years "cinematic experiences" will be, Sony is the best at doing this.
>>
>>340037354
Not trying to boat sizes?
Have you played any AAA game in the last 5 years? The games are terribly bloated, you have to download movies in several resolutions, same with audio, same with textures. The only way to get a normal sized game is via pirates who provide a better service to the users.
Games are also, most of the times, terribly optimized (for the way they look) or the specs are lies to sell hardware.
>>
>>340037838
You mean Dark Souls 2, right? Witcher 3 devs were the shady motherfuckers who tried to hide it to the very last second, and even outright lied that their game will look exactly like the reveal trailers on PC. Literal scum.
>>
File: 1447840313103.gif (502 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1447840313103.gif
502 KB, 160x160
>>340038040
>The building is completely fenced off in the real version
Oh wow
>>
I'm expecting everything to be downgraded.

Because they only show shitty AAA games, and shirty indie games at E3
>>
>>340037179
Do you get mad at McDonalds for getting a burger that doesn't look at neat at the one on the pictures?
>>
>>340038040
This fucking hurt to watch. They destroyed (or lied about) the atmosphere of every fucking game there. Watch Dogs looked insane, visually speaking. The Division now also just looks depressingly barren as well.
>>
>downgrade pc version for muh parity
>still bloat it so it needs a 980 to run decently

And this is why I stopped upgrading my PC, its not like I even care about graphics, still play on my PS3 consistently, but at the very fucking least they could stop bloating shit
>>
>>340038167
never forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcyzpQ3JpU4
>>
>For Honor

please be good like Siege was
>>
All of them.
And even though they use PCs for the E3 demos, the PC version (if available) will too look way downgraded.

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>340040276
Should have added that I was talking about console games.
>>
>>340033576
Why are you constantly spamming ubisoft threads? You have been doing it all day.

Are you being paid to shitpost?
>>
>>340039470
This is a completely ridiculous argument.
A burgers are cheap, are made on the spot by random members of staff, and their selling point is the taste, not the image.

A game is a product usually sold at $60/£50 made by a large team in advance. They have no excuse for advertising something they cannot deliver and do not plan to. It is unethical and should not be tolerated by consumers. People like you are the reason we have downgrades because "eh, it doesnt matter LOL its just a game"
>>
>>340039470
>obligatory food analogy
The difference is that what they show in E3 is something that they've already made it playable in some form and then discarded on purpose. It's not concept art or photoshoped screenshots.
The better example would be the staff at McDonalds letting you hold to the neat burger from the pictures and just as you're about to take a bite they take it away and give you the shit looking one.
>>
>>340033664
not jut that though, games are made on software running on powerful PC's. they often make games exceding their expectations then have to lower res and texture quality for hardware performance and to get stable fps.
people think this is a "downgrade" where actually it is just a part of the game making process.
look at the witcher 3's supposed downgrade
>>
File: 1406322809469.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1406322809469.gif
2 MB, 320x362
>>340039980
>That camera movement
It's like they told someone who has never played a video game to make the trailer look like one.
>>
>>340040428

He works for Vivendi and is attempting to bring down Ubi share prices so that can more easily do a hostile takeover.
>>
It's pretty funny how no game looks as good as Watch Dogs 2012 yet
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.