[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter thread >Monsters giving you trouble >Good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pink_fucking_rathian.png (947 KB, 1240x760) Image search: [Google]
pink_fucking_rathian.png
947 KB, 1240x760
Monster Hunter thread

>Monsters giving you trouble
>Good sets you have going
>Your favorite MH game

Mine:
>pic related, g rank
>got a +10 perception +4 attack tali the other day which is making life easier
>mh3u
>>
File: IMG_0689.jpg (54 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
54 KB, 480x720
Excited about Generations?
>>
currently playing MHO. I have very mixed feelings about it. It's definitely feels like MMO: everything on timer, features locked behind levels, advertisements everywhere, ability to get VIP account to make your misery easier.
Monsters are too easy so far (at least on the leveling stage)
BUT, it definitely got a few things right, that would do very well in mainline games. I love the hunt results screen that shows how well everyone did (% of damage, times got hit, etc) and you get a hunt score: from 0 to 100, and a medal based on that score. It's cool, if you play a game where just measure dicks, why not add the actual ability to measure it?
The challenge board quests are fun to do. Automatic party assembly is great (like dungeon finder in wow).
If you don't have access to 3ds and got bored to shit with p3rd, it's worth a try to at least try it. I know many people don't even want yo look at it just because it's a Chinese MMO.
>>
>>340031723
yes

I'm just worried about the amount of content vs what we had in 4U

but other than that I'm extremely hype. It's one of the few games I get to play with my girlfriend together.
>>
>>340031916
I'm not trusting the chinese with anything, least of all executables.
>>
File: not mh5.png (73 KB, 1235x859) Image search: [Google]
not mh5.png
73 KB, 1235x859
Daily reminder that this year's MH is MHXG.

>mhx expected sales is 2.5 million
>2016's mh expected sales is 2 million
>g rank games sell lesser than base games

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/resident-evil-0-remaster-sold-800000-new-monster-hunter-title-due-march-2017
>>
>>340031916
The damage eventually catches up, you'll notice it on later subs.

Was doing the Estrellian sub and it's suicide flies actually can deal good damage to you if you don't watch out. A shame the fight is still as disappointing as the normal version
>>
>>340031723
yes, the new special abilities/ultimates (i forget the actual name) look hype as fuck

do you guys think MH would benefit from a more fleshed-out story? for example you could get attached to a character and the 'big bad' monster of that game could kill that character to give you more of a motive to take it down?
i think it'd be interesting but i also dont want MH to go full JRPG
>>
>>340032183
This is the only reason I'm thinking of holding out on MHX. I'd rather just wait on a G version.
>>
>>340032183
I'm going to be fucking pissed if this is the case.

It's 20-fucking-16, why can't we have simultaneous releases at this point. I'm so sick of waiting 8 months while watching the nips at play.
>>
>>340032427
No, absolutely not. I like world-building elements but 4U simply shown me how intrusive a story is.

Multiple villages can stay but only if
>unlocked after beating the main flagship
>doesn't lead to the main village being half-assed (Boring and empty, no day/night cycles unlike Tri and Dos)

It wouldn't kill to bring back the books from MHFU that have their own little story that also hints at a monster's weakness. Like the Yama Tsukami book, the Instructor's apprentice who is scouting out maps and has encounters like the Red Khezu eating her ect., the Legendary Gunner writing an auto-biography which is also the gunning tutorial, the story and superstition behind why only 4 hunters are allowed on a quest.

I miss that stuff
>>
>>340032834
i miss day/night cycles
>>
>>340031723
Pirated the JP version and played up to 5 star village, I didn't like CB's changes at first, but bushido changed my mind. I'm pretty hyped for the western release.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.