[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo @ E3 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: fake logo.jpg (32 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
fake logo.jpg
32 KB, 728x409
Am I the only one who thinks that Nintendo has been behaving strangely, especially so close to E3?

Nintendo has decided to showcase The Legend of Zelda this year at E3, revealing it as their only playable game at this year's conference, with an entire booth dedicated to allowing visitors to experience extended playsessions. Rather than having a presentation or a Digital Event, Nintendo has announced they will only do Treehouse Live that will play through the entire 3 days of E3.

Each day highlights a new game/title:

Day 1: Q&A with the developer of Pokemon GO, followed by a presentation on Pokemon Sun/Moon.

Day 2: Presentation of Legend of Zelda, followed by Treehouse antics.

Day 3: Presentation of DragonQuest VII, more Treehouse antics.

Day 1 is dedicated to Pokemon, one of Nintendo's largest and most successful franchises. It goes without saying that Pokemon fans would love to get their hands on Sun/Moon, but Nintendo is not offering that. Instead they are offering Zelda for all 3 days.

On top of this, information about Pokemon Sun/Moon and the beta launch of Pokemon GO have basically taken all of the steam out of how great the presentation would be. Why would Nintendo pass on the prospect of revealing the new beginner Pokemon at E3, and why would they start the GO beta before E3?

It is my suspicion that Nintendo will showcase The Legend of Zelda on the completed NX console this year at E3. And I have some ideas to back me up.

First of all, we are focussing on Nintendo's largest portable franchise on Day 1, giving all of the current demographic everything they want. Day 2 we are focusing on Zelda, which means we will be focussing as Zelda being played on NX. This means that, by Day 3 when they discuss DragonQuest VII, and known NX title, it won't be so crazy for people to wrap their heads around.

TL;DR: Nintendo is going to showcase Zelda on NX this year at E3, and we're going to have a front-row seat via Treehouse.

Are you hype yet, /v/?
>>
>>340030491
not at all
nintendo is cool, fuck noa
>>
no

You shall suffer this e3, nintendorks
>>
>>340030491
Do we know when the direct is going to be?
>>
>>340031212
there has not been an announcement yet, but I assume it will be sometime after E3
>>
If I've learned one thing about Nintendo in the recent years, it's to never expect anything from their presentations.

Trying to apply common sense to Nintendo just leads nowhere
>>
>>340031741
You may be right, but with the prospects of what NX is going to be, it would only make sense to reveal it in a way that lets people experience what it's capable of and what you can do with it. I'm not saying that they're going to tell us everything, but I don't think it's too farfetched to think that they have a few hundred units lying around, especially when they've only just recently pushed back the reveal date in leu of VR.
>>
>"open world meme" zelda
>Sticker star 2
>Tokyo censored sessions
>delayung the NX to add VR to what is probably already an underpowered system
>because we're all dying to play mario VR

I cant wait for these fucks to go third party.
>>
>>340031910
good thing that I hacked my 3ds
>>
>>340031910
>NX to VR
>believing that shitty rumor

I bet you believed the fake controller leak too retard
>>
>>340031212
There's no direct for E3.
>>
>>340031910
Have you played Star Fox Zero? You would shit yourself if you played that in VR. And don't pretend like MK8 wouldn't be fucking awesome in VR, going inverted and feeling seasick from the motion.
>>
>>340030491
>Why would Nintendo pass on the prospect of revealing the new beginner Pokemon at E3
Because Pokemon Company DID IT ALREADY on YouTube.
>>
They have nothing.

Iwata burned down Nintendo and all their new games the night before he died. They've been scrambling to cope using nothing but the one copy of Illusionary #FE and a beta of Starfox Zero they managed to save from the fire.
>>
>declare you're not going to show your new console
>reveal the new console to reduced press attention
I doubt it.
>>
>>340031910
>third party.
I'll bite, just to get the thread going.

If they die, their IPs go with them. This has been said in the past. I'm sorry, but you're not getting Zelda on the PS4 so you can then be ALLOWED to enjoy it.
>>
>>340032037
The first time Star Fox story wasn't interesting enough to keep me playing a slow-paced arcade shooter. The third or fourth time around it having even worse controls made it even less fun.
It genuinely feels like a chore. Why would I play it?
>>
>Why would Nintendo pass on the prospect of revealing the new beginner Pokemon at E3

They already revealed popplio, Rowlett , and litten.
>>
>>340032137
Yeah, and if Steam goes they'll release all their products for free :^)
Stop being such a gullible fucking shitlord
>>
>>340032086
>Iwata

Miyamoto was the mastermind behind the Wii U. That's why he isn't on the NX dev team. And they fucked him over with Star Fox.

>Prove this shit console is worth something!
>Ok, i'll make Star Fox with dual screen.
>>
File: 1373063535562.jpg (16 KB, 238x267) Image search: [Google]
1373063535562.jpg
16 KB, 238x267
They're announcing nothing because all game development has been shifted towards NX. They're letting the Wii U and 3DS die already with Zelda and Pokemon being the last noteworthy titles for the systems.

Then they're going to reveal NX later this year along with all the launch titles and shit.
>>
>>340032137
Not that anon, but SEGA.
>>
>>340032071
that's exactly what I mean, you dummy. why would they allow that to happen when they could have made it a huge part of their Pokemon presentation?

They don't want to highlight Pokemon because NX is gonna be hype as fuck.

>>340032086
Roadmaster, I will miss you eternally...

>>340032116
Reduced? They'd be releasing it to the internet for 3 days, friend. Everyone would lose their fucking minds, everyone would be reporting about it. Sony and Microsoft, talked about some stuff that's not out. We PLAYED AN NX!

>>340032165
To me it's a hard game that requires practice to master. Games don't really showcase that anymore, but it's something that makes games great. You're not meant to beat it in a night, you're meant to keep playing, get better, shoot for a high score.

Stuff like that really makes me like Nintendo/Sega.
>>
>>340032308
>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords
Okay, now in your own words. Reply to my comment because all you did was talk to yourself.
>>
>>340032306
You could very well be right. I just think it odd that they'd flake on E3 when they have such a steam train behind NX. I'm not gonna be heartbroken, but I think what would solidify people wanting to purchase the system for themselves would be to actually see it and learn about it. It's an open window.
>>
>>340032306
this really isn't rocket science, yeah.
and of course because gaming consumers are extremely fickle, they only need like 2 or 3 NX games people want to get that ball rolling
>>
>>340032376
sure, which one was you?
>>
>>340032308
>this is /v/
>>
>>340032393
They're not revealing NX at E3 because they don't want to be overshadowed by other announcements.

They want to strike when nothing is going on so all eyes get on them.
>>
>>340032448
if you can't tell you probably are doing something wrong and should apply it to every reponse you think is valid. Because you might've replied to me more than once
>>
I have an idea that could save the dying Nintendo but I don't want them to steal it
>>
>>340032308
Nx isn't going to be revealed at this E3, and Nintendo has stated that
>>
>>340032393
That worked so well last time. Oh wait.
Well, the time before it... oh wait.
Can you feel it, mr.krabs?
>>
>>340032481
so sorry i am from across the street.

i just want talk bout video games, mister
>>
>>340032521
you're not going to say something retarded like "hurrr powerful console" or "hurrr new F-Zero" are you?
>>
Nintendo are fumbling. Floundering. It's like the last act of a dying man.
>>
>>340032521
Good. Take it to the grave and an hero.
>>
File: 1405132761523.jpg (25 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
1405132761523.jpg
25 KB, 477x456
>>340032582
>>
>>340030491
it's been an awful, awful year for nintendo. i'm a huge nintenfag but i don't expect anything good from them this e3.
i'm still assravaged about pic related
>>
Nintendo aren't going to suprise us with an NX announcement.

They are going to make sure it's a big event where everyone is expecting it and hyped for it.

Lots of people won't even be tuning into Nintendo's stream now given they expect it to be Zelda and next month's releases.
>>
>>340032521
Seems smart. Could only imagine what it would be like to be a fresh nintendy IP and not have anywhhere to go in a year or so because of my gimmick controllers.
>>
>>340032498
The audience is not just the people at the conference. Nintendo will have extended time with the online audience, and they can do whatever they choose in that time.

>>340032553
not saying a full reveal, just that people will be playing Zelda on NX and that we'll see it, get opinions on it. Nothing official until the Direct.

>>340032672
I still play my console quite a lot. I think that the content I have on all my games is enough to keep me entertained. But I do wish that I were better at Pokken,

>>340032723
until people hear that the crowd is playing Zelda on NX!
>>
File: npVGiXJ.gif (785 KB, 294x341) Image search: [Google]
npVGiXJ.gif
785 KB, 294x341
>>340032306
>We never got an Animal Crossing WiiU.
>A game that could have put that retarded gamepad to actual good use, for inventory/map shit.
>>
File: 1415435705444.jpg (186 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1415435705444.jpg
186 KB, 960x1280
>>340032672
Animal Crossing has been bastardized to hell.

New Leaf was fine, sure.

Then it was that shitty home designer minigame sold as full retail title.
Then the amiibo party shit.
Now they're talking about how the series is going to be on mobile.
I have just lost all faith for the series. All I wanted was Animal Crossing U for full HD comfy. Instead I get shameless, mediocre cashgrabs.
>>
OP, you are a dumbfuck, like usual.
They said no NX at E3. There won't be anything NX related at E3.

They will show Zelda Wii U, no matter if you like it or not.
But to me, it seems you purposely want to be disappointed. Learn to keep your expectations in check, guys, unlike OP.
>>
>>340032724
Yeah I'll make it myself and only have Nintendo publish it after I patent it if they agree on using their money to help their economy and people survive
>>
But if they went 3rd party, you could be neighbors with all your steam friends.
>>
>>340032672
considering this game came into existance because the Animal Crossing devs kept being busy with Splatoon, I must unfortunately say that it was worth the trade-off.
>>
File: 1448682032336.png (20 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1448682032336.png
20 KB, 571x448
>>340032808
>tfw it will have normal gameplay but easier and dumbed down and worse than it's older versions.
Fucking why?
>>
>>340032841
Some of us can still dream, Anon. I'm sorry you're so bitter. Just because a company says something doesn't mean it's 100% true. It's the quiet before the storm.

And don't worry about me, I've already shed my tears. Just, whisper a smile into your heart, ok? Live a little. Dream of better tomorrows.
>>
>>340032904
Fuck pedo paint.

Im so sick of the praise that shit gets.

Mario made something other than a platformer, lets pretend its goty material, hurr
>>
>>340032574
>pokemon
Gamefreak is celebrating their 20th.
>surprise NX
You sound like you're 10 "guys, but what if they drop a new console unannounced and btfo of everyone?"
I'm not going to waste energy explaining why that's dumb.
>not meant to beat SF in a night
... anon.
>>
>>340032940
>Woah, mayor! You have cut 10 trees today! You should rest and wait tomorrow, or you can pay $0.25 to refill your energy!
>>
>>340033001
Cucked
>>340033000
>>
>>340032940
It's become ninjewdo
>>
File: 1413426561963.jpg (102 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413426561963.jpg
102 KB, 500x500
>>340033005
>>340032808
i hope to god you're both wrong

>>340032904
the announcement got me good. i mean look at it! i was really expecting a main serie AC game
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GIveAP_wtg
>>
File: cranky's advice.png (476 KB, 574x413) Image search: [Google]
cranky's advice.png
476 KB, 574x413
>>340031910
>"open world meme" zelda
It's not a meme when the series STARTED as an open world game you fucking cunt
>delayung the NX to add VR to what is probably already an underpowered system
This is nothing but another baseless internet rumor
>>
>>340033004
game freak could have been showcased their 20th at E3 with a big conference about Sun/Moon. They don't have the same time constraints as they do in a presentation with Treehouse.

It's not like the console is a mystery. It's openly in development and even has a launch date. The original launch date was around this time, so if they have even 100 consoles they can let people play on it and get some feedback from an unsuspecting group. Their floorspace at E3 makes me believe that they expect hundreds of people to be in their booth at all times.

And I'm not saying I didn't beat it in a night, but I surely didn't unlock all of the paths and content.
>>
File: AngryBirds_w720.png (533 KB, 720x407) Image search: [Google]
AngryBirds_w720.png
533 KB, 720x407
>>340033146
>i hope to god you're both wrong
It has already begun
>>
>>340033220
Name one Zelda game where dungeons aren't instanced.
>>
>>340032793
* This post was brought to you by a member of the Nintendo public relations team.
>>
>>340033289
The original and ALBW
>>
>>340033295
I'll be signing autographs in the bathroom if you'd like to come check out some of my sweet insider leaks.
>>
>>340033146
I feel your pain anon and I can completely understand why you guys still have a bitter taste in your mouth.
However, I also think there's a clear silver lining on the horizon. Of course, I mean Animal Crossing on NX. Perhaps even a launch title because? And that game won't involve rolling dice.
I suspect a Wii U game was supposed to be released, but ultimately moved to NX like many other games.
>>
>>340032626
This. Nintendo needs to die, so no one should try to save it. Something good can come from its death.
>Like Treehouse's and NoA's destruction
>>
>>340033289
The Legend of Zelda, for one.
>>
>>340032957
It's not a matter of bitterness. It's a matter of using your brain.
Somthing NXfags can't grasp at all. They said no NX, there won't be the NX. It's not rocket science, there is no good reason to delude and disappoint yourself purposely.

IF they will announce something new, it will be a holidays 3DS title. That's it.
>>
>>340033404
Where are you getting this information that NX has been cancelled?
>>
>>340033463
he means at E3 you donut.
>>
Banking on a Zelda game to carry E3 is a foolish move. Yes the fanboys are loud, but the cold hard fact is that the best selling game in the series (Ocarina of Time) only sold around 8 million copies worldwide not counting remakes. Pretty measly pickings compared with top selling Mario and Pokemon titles.

Nintendo should have focused more on Pokemon Sun and Moon reveals.
>>
>>340033496
I am going to bully you.
>>
Whoever the new head is has that poisonous old mindset of "overseas don't matter" that lots of japanese companies like 10 years ago had so much issues with. Their power makes them just as pig headed as any CEO but their culture makes them not even notice it and unable to adapt. It was a miracle Iwata did as much as he did working with overseas markets before he died given how closed he used to be to any input from the west.
>>
>>340033463
Why am I even trying to talk with this kind of people, goddamn it.
>>
>>340033518
I thought TP was the best selling Zelda game.
>>
>>340033518
>Nintendo won't reveal anything at E3

I never understood this assumption. Why wouldn't they reveal something? They only said Zelda would be their only game at E3. It wouldn't be farfetched to think that they'd announce a game that isn't physically there on the show floor.
>>
>He hasn't hacked his 3DS

Literally no excuse
>>
>>340033496
Oh, heh.

>>340033404
You could be right, but I just can't understand ignoring such an interest from the community. Nintendo is usually very vocal and suddenly stopped after Iwata's passing. I feel that it could be because the next thing they do has to be radical.

>>340033518
I agree, which is why I think they'll only be showcasing Zelda because it's being developed with the NX in mind, and will be played on NX at the show.

>>340033587
We can all learn things from each other, Anon. Even dummies like me can learn stuff from angry apples like you.

>>340033617
Exactly, it's E3 for crying out loud!
>>
>>340033545
I wish you would, anon. My asshole hasn't seen action in weeks.
>>
>>340030491
Nintendo is focusing on restructuring their overseas departments and landings deal with other companies on new ventures. In regards to the restructuring, you didn't hear this from me but they plan on doing massive lay offs of the North American branch because it's been hemorrhaging money, this probably has something to do with what Chris Pranger stated a few years back about the localization teams making unnecessary changes to games to get a bigger payout but the games themselves don't earn back enough to make the difference.
>>
>>340030491
>we're going to have a front-row seat via Treehouse

Not even trying to hide the fact that you're shilling for Nintendo with a line like that
>>
>>340033709
Do they really need an NA branch when they can just broadcast Directs to the world and pay a few translators to write subtitles?

>>340033749
I'm just a fanboy, I don't make any money. The only reason I even bring this up is because I'm interested to see what NX is, and I think it would be fucking amazing to showcase it to an unsuspecting group live on the internet.
>>
File: day 2.png (14 KB, 578x120) Image search: [Google]
day 2.png
14 KB, 578x120
>>340033617
I think it's likely they'll announce new 3DS games at the very least
>>
>>340033709
>they plan on doing massive lay offs of the North American branch

PLS BE TRUE!
>>
>>340033843
>pay a few translators to write subtitles

Its a matter of reaching out to your customers. Not a lot of Americans wanna hear moonspeak.
>>
File: 1244114819585.jpg (7 KB, 252x277) Image search: [Google]
1244114819585.jpg
7 KB, 252x277
>wii u bombed so hard it's being canned early without a single memorable or big selling game
>the wii u generation will only be remembered for amiibos
>nintendo are pushing in to mobage
>b-b-b-b-but NX is gonna change the face of gaming guys!!!! you have to give miyamoto your spirit energy!!!!!!

nintenyearolds are the worst cancer of all. stockholm syndrome from a corporate company that couldn't give 2 shits about them outside of their money and most of them probably aren't even old enough to remember when Nintendo was still good
>>
>>340033709
As long as they fire the schmucks that translate over in NA I'm happy.

Just keep Reggie though, I don't give a shit what others think of him right now, I still love that guy.
>>
>>340033917
Are you kidding me? All Nintendo fans are weeaboo.
>>
File: 67d.png (137 KB, 1056x870) Image search: [Google]
67d.png
137 KB, 1056x870
>>340033843
>Do they really need an NA branch when they can just broadcast Directs to the world and pay a few translators to write subtitles?

BUT WHO WILL ADD THE EPIC MEMES AND HUMOR NINTENDO IS SO WELL KNOWN FOR?
>>
>>340033971
>/v/ is the whole world

You're right. My mistake.
>>
>>340033946
Who are you even referring to in this thread, retard?
>>
>>340033971
>this is what neotendo faggot believe
>>
>>340033946
>Mario 3D World
>Bayonetta 2
>Mario Kart 8
>Splatoon
>Sm4sh

I disagree.
>>
>>340034009
I can't wait for them to drop an "anime fan on prom night" meme into the next #FE trailer
>>
File: 1372621071535.jpg (8 KB, 199x211) Image search: [Google]
1372621071535.jpg
8 KB, 199x211
>>340033959
>Just keep Reggie though

Good goy! Keep beliving in the marketing! Reggie is absolutely your friend... And you know what would make him happy? Buy some more season passes, buy an extra season pass or two. Reggie's vacation home ain't gonna pay for itself
>>
>>340033946
>without a big selling game

How are those crows and dicks coming along, anon?
>>
>>340034009
wow, I didn't even think of this. thanks for clearing that up!

>>340034028
thanks for accepting me, friend!

>>340034041
>yes
>>
>>340034112
You're welcome, friend :')
>>
>>340034061
>Implying that hiring anyone else for his position would be any different

You have to be a fucking retard if you think that hiring someone else to replace Reggie would somehow make a difference, it's going to be a suit that's hired to maximize profits either way.

At least Reggie is entertaining and good at PR.
>>
>>340033843
I think you've bought into /v/'s censorship meme and don't realize that NoA does more than just translate.
They still do marketing, publishing, distribution, maintenance (i.e. making NA servers and keeping them running), acting as communication channel for NA developers (i.e. Retro, indie studios), and customer support.
>>
>>340034053
>>Mario 3D World
forgettable shit literally nobody will remember this fondly like real 3D marios
>>Mario Kart 8
forgettable like every other mario kart
>>Splatoon
sold well and then forgotten in the blink of an eye, only played by japs

I'll give you bayonetta and smash but they're hardly games of the generation like previous consoles had are they? Smash is gonna sell no matter what because it's a nintendrone essential, but outside of that nobody cares.

Where's the wii u equivalent of Sunshine, Galaxy, Ocarina, Metroid, etc? The classics that everyone, no matter their interest can agree were amazing and defined a generation
>>
>>340034176
you forgot research, too. NoA tested the wii a lot in at least California.
>>
>>340030491
>Am I the only one
back to 9gag
>>
>iwata was the cancer who started the Wii, Wii U and mobile games
>miyamoto literally hates games and the people who play them, he's lost all spark for innovation and fun and just wants to churn out endless shit because plot sucks and fun sucks

kinda sad that it's too late to stop their reign of tyranny. I bet iwata is laughing it up in gook hell right now, sitting on his pile of money and sheckles
>>
>>340034176
A fair point. Maybe they're just planning on gutting their infrastructure and only concern themselves with digital distribution, maintenance, and customer support.

>>340034265
I think that every console has a limited amount of games that are legendary. I have purchased a large portion of the library, and I'd say that I got my money's worth from most of the games. Some of the titles I could have lived without owning, but overall I'd say that most of the titles that I've purchased were fun and enjoyable, even if not the best games of all time.

Bayonetta 2, though.

>>340034320
Sorry, I am from THE internet
>>
>>340034460
>I think that every console has a limited amount of games that are legendary.

Wii U has none

Source: I've owned every nintendo console and handheld except NES
>>
File: F.jpg (41 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
41 KB, 620x413
The bitterness of the Nintendo fanbase is really joy killing.
Actually, the bitterness of some specific fanbases in the Nintendo fanbase.
People that unironically want a company dead, people that think they have all the keys to commercial success and act like some kind of elighted backseat CEO, people that can't grasp their favourite series is niche at best and finally people that look at Nintendo without taking in consideration the transformations of the videogame market and of other videogames companies as well.
Example, those that complain about Nintendo's mobile games. They act all mad and shit but they don't see ALL companies in the world jumped on mobile too. Nintendo would have been stupid NOT doing it.
This is just one example though. The worst thing are people mixing their own tastes and opinions into an argument, pretending it's "honest criticism".

Really, at this point, I hope Nintendo actively tries to drop this ball and chain called "old Nintendo fanbase".
We old fans are doing more harm than good to Nintendo. I really hope Nintendo will find a new and fresh fanbase to start over again, because we old fans are clearly out of touch and we are just ungrateful nostalgia-filled babies, babies that want their toys to be like they want or else they will cry non stop.

I really feel like an outsider, still enjoying their games and accepting the fact they are not flawless, not every game they make is golden, this happens since the NES days.
>>
>>340033876
I'm not sure, it sounds like they're going to show games that are already announced, like Federation Force or MH Generations.
>>
>>340033289
Ocarina of Time if you're good enough
>>
>>340030491
>Rather than having a presentation or a Digital Event, Nintendo has announced they will only do Treehouse Live that will play through the entire 3 days of E3.
What? Really? Is there a source on this? What the fuck?
>>
>>340034592
That makes you pretty awesome.

I owned an NES, 64, Wii, and WiiU, plus some GameBoy's.

>>340034652
I still have a lot of hope for Nintendo, and I'm ok with being an outsider in that. I get a lot of joy out of my Nintendo consoles, and have spent countless hours on my DS and WiiU. I love the motion controls and I even think that Amiibo are cool ways to offer bonus content and unlockables: this is just the future of the gaming world.

I play Miitomo for coins, and I have a Nintendo account. It's part of what makes Nintendo fun.

So I just hope for the best. I'll be happy with whatever Nintendo does at E3, NX showing or not. I just think it would be genius, and I feel like people would lose their minds if they got a chance to play it.
>>
>>340034652
This.

It's still stupid as fuck how people are going "NINTENDO ARE BEING JEWS" and shit when they're the publisher and company that has waited the longest with the whole mobile shit and DLC, and even with DLC they haven't been too horrible about it since Amiibos can be used on other consoles and generally just unlock cosmetic shit anyway, in most cases you can even unlock said shit by just playing the game.

Meanwhile, no one seems to give a shit about Square-Enix and other companies publishing games on mobile phones with microtransactions and everything.
>>
>>340034652
>People that unironically want a company dead
>the Nintendo fanbase
They're not the fanbase, most are falseflag shitposters and the rest have an "allegiance" to another company, and there is a large overlap

>>340034665
It could go either way, a new game is still "upcoming"
>>
>>340034846
>forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/06/03/nintendo-is-showing-more-than-just-zelda-at-e3-after-all-but-still-no-nx/#2bfc4c3b7c2e
it's all over the web
>>
>>340034924
FUCKING NINTENDO
THE NINTENDO CONFERENCE IS THE ONE THING I LOOK FORWARD TO AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GIVE ME THAT
INCOMPETENT FUCKING RETARDS I HOPE YOU CRASH AND BURN
>>
>>340032037

Starfox Zero is fucking terrible and borderline idiotic. Even without the stupid controls, the game is mediocre at best and insulting at worst (the """stealth""" mission on Zoness that amounts to 30 minutes of moving back and forth to press buttons in a pointlessly awkward way, a straight up copy paste job during the already lazy pre-Andross maze, the Andross boss itself just being All The Worst Things In The Game At The Same Time)

And as a note to anyone who sees all these "Oh, it's actually really good!" opinions posted around the place, or even knows someone in person who says the same. Just in case that left you wondering: No. It isn't. It's very very bad, and the person who told you otherwise is an actual goddamn moron idiot.
>>
>>340034652
my man, are you sure you're not having your judgement clouded by the cynism of 4chan? It's very important to take the things on here with a grain of salt, you know.
>>
>>340034965
woah, calm down there, bud.

there will be a Digital Event sometime soon anyway. They do like 4 per year.

>>340034985
I think you are just sad because you are a big elite gamer and you weren't too good at Star Fox.

Did you know if you destroy Aqua Rosa before it reaches Gen. Pepper that you get to play Zoness in the Arwing?

There is so much to unlock on SFZ, and if you're telling me that something like a controller not being "good" enough for you is the reason you think it's shit, well that's just silly. Play more, get better, unlock secrets. Remember that? Like when games didn't just give you everything?
>>
>>340034985
Nah, it's actually good. Better than Adventures and Command, that's for sure. Hopefully they will do a sequel to Zero that fixes its flaws. It is stilla good game, sorry.
>>
>>340035184
I am actually hoping for some DLC. Seems logical, as every other major title released recently has had some. I'd really love to see an expert path which allows you to fight the real Andross rather than the replica, and some Roadmaster levels.
>>
>>340035150
>Did you know if you destroy Aqua Rosa before it reaches Gen. Pepper that you get to play Zoness in the Arwing?

You need to push a button on the floor.
>>
>>340034985
Good thing you only have to play Zoness once and then can either play it in the Arwing or skip it entirely.

Andross is fine, but I'm upset there's no "true" battle.

>And as a note to anyone who sees all these "Oh, it's actually really good!" opinions posted around the place, or even knows someone in person who says the same. Just in case that left you wondering: No. It isn't. It's very very bad, and the person who told you otherwise is an actual goddamn moron idiot.
Good to know an opinion is something that can be wrong.
>>
>>340035069
Not him but I can agree that bitterness spreads outside of /v/ too. Facebook, Gamefaqs, Giant Bomb forums, Neogaf, Reddit, IGN and so on, you name it.
>>
>>340035150
>Remember that? Like when games didn't just give you everything?

remember when nintendo made quality games without tacking gimmicks on them? it may have been before you were born, kid
>>
>>340035307
How about you go back to one of those forums, bud?
>>
>>340035184
>I liked it, that's why it's a good game
It was a mediocre game.
This kind of Nintendo fanboys are disgusting as fuck, you need to defend absolutely everything about this fucking company.
>>
>>340035271
Same here. It would be cool if they also patched classic controls for the Pro controller, not because I want it but because a lot of people would at least stop complaining.
>>
>>340035278
Indeed!

>>340035326
Don't think so, pal. But thanks for the enthusiasm.

>>340035357
Yes, because liking games is dumb.

Personally, I don't care if you like Nintendo. I do. That's why I'm on /v/ talking about it.

>>340035402
Yeah, I think they could do something like that pretty easily. You lose a degree of control when you use the classic method, but I don't think it's impossible to beat the game without the motion aiming.

Fox and Falco Amiibo offer 2 new Arwing styles. I have yet to play through the game with either one, though.
>>
>>340034652
>I really feel like an outsider

You're not alone. You're just on 4chan.
>>
>>340035357
Bro, mediocre is not bad. Bad is bad, mediocre is better than bad. And I also said the game is flawed, which is why I hope for a sequel that fixes its flaws.
>>
>>340035307
People enjoy being dramatic for no reason. There's also the anti-Nintendo culture Youtubers are trying to push because they are very upset at their partner program. And kids love watching Youtubers, so they're having their brains washed real good.

I'm not convinced this is actually a significant issue. It's also really easy to trashtalk the Wii U as the apparent "loser" but who trashtalks the 3DS as the "winner"? That's a whole lot harder
>>
Ex-staff here. There are currently no games in testing at NOA. Color Splash finished testing months ago, they're just sitting on it. We never saw anything to do with the NX. We figure they're dialing back on operations outside Japan and focusing on products that do well within their own country (see: Kirby, Splatoon merch, Maker Maker DLC characters) I could risk revealing Color Splash info to prove my legitimacy, but someone else would probably suffer for it so I won't. However I'll say any other leaks you've read about it ARE true.
>>
>>340034924
Forbes also said nintendo wasn't going to be at e3 at all 2 years ago. What's your point?
>>
>>340035326
No, because Nintendo has always been about gimmicks.
The NES was bundled with ROB, the Zapper, and the D-Pad was a gimmick that wasn't critically well received because it was different from all the other controllers.
>>
>>340035330
Point is, bitterness is everywhere.
>>
>>340034985
>The second last level is just corneria with a sunset filter
>Which is already in the game as the alt route

There's so much scenery they could have made you come in at a different angle but no
>>
>>340035509
People have had a negative opinion for a long time with Nintendo, and it stems from the poor sale of the WiiU. People who didn't purchase the console or play the games have no idea what Nintendo is up to, because they don't play their games. Everything to them is another stupid gimmick.
>>
>>340035551
Dad please come home. Mom spends all day with Tyrone and none of my friends believe me when I tell them about you.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 261x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 261x268
>>340035551
>I COULD leak something, but I won't
You people are just pathetic.
>>
>>340035551
Can you at least say if Color Splash is any good? Is there hope at all?
>>
>>340035551
I'll bite. Is that Zelda NX being a water themed story real?
>>
>>340035565
This. Their pre-NES videogames were also pretty gimmicky too.
Nintendo has always tried to work with gimmicks.
>>
>>340034790
>>340033390
>>340033353

You're all wrong, but for a reason that was never relevant or positive in the first place. What open world games don't have instanced anything in the first place.
>>
>>340035560
...my point is that it's all over the web. literally the only thing that we know at this point to continue conversation.

do you not know how to talk, or what?
>>
>>340035565
The difference is that those where add-ons and not the main controller.
>>
>>340035743
>the D-Pad
>not the main controller
You're not very bright are you?
>>
>gimmicks

Please, someone define what this word means. If Nintendo uses gimmicks for all of their games, what are they? Do other games not use gimmicks?

It's stupid to call something a gimmick when it's part of the gameplay. WiiU doesn't even highlight the controller in most situations, and almost always allows you to use a different controller or switch the motion controls off.

What are you people even talking about?
>>
>>340035743
Both the N64 and GC controllers are gimmicks
>>
>>340035830
Didn't see that, sorry.
But the point still stands.
>>
>>340035738
You can literally play Ocarina of Time in any order you want if you're god-tier at the game.
>>
>>340035656

Koopa Kids then.

>>340035659

Just as bad if not worse, sorry. I didn't play the original but I know the gripes.

>>340035672

Zelda was not in testing. If it was it was hidden like Smash Bros was (but we knew where that took place, so very unlikely Zelda was present)
>>
Say what you want about the quality of the Direct last year, but Nintendo nailed the whole of the E3 aspect in 2015:
>Dat Nintendo World Championship
>Standard Direct
>Treehouse showed off a decent amount of shit over the whole 3 days
>>
>>340035836
VR headsets are gimmicks for instance.
>>
>>340035836
the Internet doesn't know what a gimmick is. Hasn't for a long time. I don't know whom to blame.

A gimmick is something just thrown in to attract sales but doesn't contribute to anything significant, right?
>>
Sony controller isn't gimmicky because...

>motion controls
>touch pad
>joysticks
>d-pad
>buttons
>bumpers

holy shit...
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 244x221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 244x221
>>340035836
At this point, "Gimmick" is just a buzzword, like "Meme game"
>>
>>340035905
Yeah, the main event was shitty but the World championship and Treehouse were good. Of course people will remember only the worst part.
>>
>>340035908
is it a gimmick? what makes it a gimmick? do you have to have it to play? and is it actually bad to have a gimmick? isn't the whole industry based on gimmicks?

Is MMO a gimmick? Is Tower Defense?

Shit doesn't make sense, and so it's irrelevant. And as long as you hold on to that idea you're never going to be able to run with the sunflowers in the wilderness.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 593x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 593x342
>>340035897
>Koopa Kids
>Something pretty damn obvious was going to happen at this point

You're gonna have to give a little more than that.

That's pretty much saying the Wisps will be in the next Sonic game.
>>
>>340036025
The Digital Event was really good, from what I remember. It was funny and had lots of great information for upcoming stuff.

I actually think they stole the show, myself.
>>
>>340035836
A gimmick is literally anything quirky, different, or unique made to sell to something and/or make it more appealing.

The problem is the internet at large thinks gimmicks are inherently bad.
>>
>>340034652
You DO realize that it is actually possible to enjoy some Nintendo IPs without caring about all of them, right? Just because I love the Metroid series doesn't make me a Nintendo fanboy willing to put up with shit like federation force and blindly accept every decision Nintendo make.

You console fanboys are the true cancer.
>>
>>340036107
Eh, the announcements themselves were kinda mediocre, like the Skylanders Amiibo or the Mario Anniversary thing. The puppets were great though. Overall, people hyped it too much and everyone flipped their shit at the few announcements.
>>
>>340035886
Which nobody is denying, least of all me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instance_dungeon

LoZ, AoL and SS, and the rest of the series to a lesser degree, all have 'instanced' dungeons that aren't part of the overworld and who's content (enemies etc) is reset on entering or leaving them.

That has nothing to do with non-linearity, but nor does it matter to being 'open-world'.
>>
>>340036162
Then please, accept the fact Metroid is not important as you think and get over it. A company doesn't owe shit to you, especially to occasional fans like you.
>>
>>340036112
I should suspect nothing less from the legions of angry preteens who are getting jazzed up for some CoD.

>>340036221
It was still fun. Because of Digital Events, Nintendo doesn't have to spend all their time and money on a sweet presentation, or even worry about announcements. They have multiple opportunities to communicate with their audience, and so if I get a good laugh at E3, that's enough for me. I'll wait for more info at the Digital Events or other events.
>>
>>340032672
Reminder that people defend this, Mario Party 10 and Paper Mario Color Splash
>>
>>340032025
NEW THREAD MOTHERFUCKERS. GIT IN HEYA.
>>
>>340036162
as a Metroid fan, how did you react upon the release of Hunters?
>>
why do you gotta go around and act like a nigger, for?
>>
>>340036338
Hang yerself
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 825x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 825x619
>>340036112
>The problem is the internet at large thinks gimmicks are inherently bad.
Holy fuck this so much.

Almost every game in existence has a fucking gimmick depending on how you look at it, hell "gimmick" might as well be another for word "gameplay mechanic".

They're are plenty of games that use their "gimmicks" well.

Mega Man's gimmick was copying robot master powers, are those games bad because of those gimmicks? Fuck no.
When most people complain about the bad Mega Man the robot abilities are rarely ever the biggest gripe and it's more often than not about the padding or the terrible stage design.

A game isn't bad if it has a gimmick it's bad if the fucking game itself is bad.
>>
File: 1428028870218.png (554 KB, 762x466) Image search: [Google]
1428028870218.png
554 KB, 762x466
>>340035551
Even if this is just someone looking for (you)s, the post made me think about something. Is it possible that Treehouse has gone on their censorship spree because Nintendo's been pumping out a lot less games, and especially major games, since last year? Supposedly the more changes they make, the more money they get, so are all the censors/changes being done just so they don't have to go broke during the mostly blank slate between now and the NX?
>>
>>340036520
I don't understand how this can possibly be true. Anyone who intentionally takes longer to do a job for the higher wage gets fired and replaced by someone who's excited to work quickly and efficiently.
>>
>>340036441
Well said, Anon.

>>340036520
I honestly think it's because Nintendo doesn't want a bunch of people getting Star Fox Zero and playing through it while talking shit. It's the digital age, and they want to be sure that their content is being showcased fairly and in a thoughtful light.

They are paying partners, and even though they're making a little cream off the top, I don't think that it's enough to hold them over for a dry spell.

I do think that an approaching NX pre-sale will boost their monies, though! Especially if they hype it just enough to get consumers begging for March 2017.
>>
>>340036669
On what planet?
>>
>>340036221
The problem is Amiibo Festival, Color Splash and Federation Force were so bad that people started to drag the rest of the show down with them, even if the rest was good. People started to lump the other games in with them and hate on them in principal and completely forget the World Championship.
>>
File: image.png (212 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 500x450
I really just don't care anymore.
I'm absolutely baffled that a company who had such a good climb back to a degree of relevance in 2014 could just throw it all away the very next year and continue a downward spiral. How fucking un-self-aware to you need to be to keep releasing either games that are hogged down by gimmicks or safe gameplay, or total dogshit nobody wants to play? Are you that out of touch?
I'm not even excited for NX anymore. It's gonna take a real system-seller for me to get one, and I don't mean the Zelda port or another Super Mario 3D Blunder.
>>
>>340036749
Have you ever had a job?
>>
>>340030491
I should care. I'm 31 and have had been playing Nintendo since I was 4. I've owned every console that they have released except virtual boy. Bought hundreds of games. And I don't give a flying fuck about the NX. They've kinda burned their bridge with me. Too many "fuck you"s over the years. It would take an enormous amount to bring me back. With that said, I intend on buying Zelda for the wii U only because I have it already and dont intend on buying a fucking NX and YES i think its retarded as fuck that E3 is just going to be a 3 day nintendo direct. They need to let people know that they are working on other projects to in them back instead of finding some new retarded gimmick to pump to kids and morons like me who keep giving them a chance.
>>
>>340036872
Color Splash wasn't announced at the Digital Event.
>>
>>340036749
Earth, mostly.

It's a rising practice on Quizon-3 though.
>>
>>340037070
Right, I forgot
>>
>>340036872
In their defense, the World Championship was pretty lame aside from the Mario Maker thing at the end with JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS. Either way, it turns out Ultra Smash was garbage, Paper Jam was mediocre, Star Fox was eh, and Hashtag FE was just torn so much apart from its initial April Direct reveal in both Japan and further in the US that nobody wants to play it anymore.
>>
File: 1461108626246.gif (58 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1461108626246.gif
58 KB, 310x310
>The NX will fail and Nintendo will go third party

I can't believe it's almost over.
>>
>>340037257
Its pretty much in their best interest at this point. They are so fucking incapable of doing anything right lately and they don't care. They just keep trying to stay afloat by fucking their diehard fans in the ass and pandering to kiddies thinking they are installing a new customer base but those kids wont give a fuck as soon as they get a cell phone.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>340037257
>Le Nintendo will go 3rd-party meme

GF and HAL will, but every else will be lost in time.
>>
File: image.png (164 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
image.png
164 KB, 638x357
>>340037257
>Nintendo
>going third party
Don't be silly Anon. They're just going to die and take every single IP with them in a pig-headed temper tantrum when everyone's sick of their bullshit.
>>
>>340036895
EXACTLY THIS.
>>
>>340036872
Why do people think color splash is so bad? I think it looks cool. Just curious.
>>
>>340037534
Hopefully.
>>
>>340037607
They think it will be a Sticker Star copypaste in HD.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 784x522
>>340036895
>3D World was bad because it wasn't Galaxy
>>
File: image.png (171 KB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171 KB, 500x251
>>340037257
>Nintendo dies
>then Microsoft dies
>Sony finally wins
>then Sony dies when people finally realize they're a garbage Jew company too
>video games finally die
>mass indie hipster suicide

Best ending desu.
>>
>>340037781
>Everyone dies
Man, don't you ever write the plot of a movie.
>>
>>340037607
Right now it looks exactly the same as Sticker Star. The only NPCs are Toads, you battle using cards like stickers, and there doesn't seem to be a story. They even called it an "Action Adventure series" instead of an RPG.

I hope they turn it around but it doesn't look good for it.
>>
>>340037731
3D World was bad because it was safe bullshit that was too easy, had garbage level design, and frankly had so little to do that it wasn't worth the time or money it asked for.
Galaxy was also garbage.
>>
>>340037126
>Either way, it turns out Ultra Smash was garbage, Paper Jam was mediocre, Star Fox was eh
Regardless of how any of those games turned out, the point is they were good announcements. You couldn't have known how they would end up at that time.
You also forgot that that they opened with a new Smash direct (disregarding that Roy and Ryu were leaked, it was hype), announced Earthbound Beginnings during the Championship, and also announced Tri Force Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends, and showed more of Yoshi, Xenoblade X, Yokai Watch, Mario Maker, and Fire Emblem Fates.
Then they played more games they didn't show like Fast Racing NEO, Fatal Frame, and Steamworld Heist on Treehouse Live.
>>
>>340037731
3d world was bad because it just is. It looks kinda cool but the level design and control is shit. Too much emphasis on trying to make it fucking multiplayer. It did nothing new. It was boring. It just isnt good. Sorry. I bought it day one. Captain Toad was more enjoyable.
>>
>>340037781
Consoles die you mean.
Maybe when the dust settles Sega comes back and reclaims the crown.
>>
>>340037851

Tell that to shakespeare.
>>
>>340037863
Fuck. Sticker star was't the worst game I ever played but I picked it up for 4$ at a yard sale so thats why i wasn't salty but its a chore I care not to repeat. Especially after how fun TTYD was.
>>
>>340030491
>Am I the only one
I'm sure neogaf and rebbit is full of special snowflakes like you
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x282
>>340037870
>safe bullshit that was too easy
Almost every Mario game is easy, what's your point?
>had garbage level design
It was fine, I can't think of a level that I generally hated.
>and frankly had so little to do that it wasn't worth the time or money it asked for.
Nigger that shit was a pain in the ass to complete because of all the shit you had to do.
Granted a lot of it was just playing a level multiple times but still.
>>340037932
>the level design and control is shit.
Again, never had a problem with this.
>Too much emphasis on trying to make it fucking multiplayer.
Almost every fucking Mario game has multiplayer.
>It did nothing new.
New Content =/= Good Content
Sunshine was different but it ultimately failed because the FLUUD mechanic was terrible.
>>
>>340035357
chill out. just cos you didn't like the game, doesn't mean we have to have the same opinion

and no, this isn't singing the praises of zero as goty either

i thought the game was mediocre (reminder: not bad), and i didn't like the control scheme at all, but not every game has to be perfection to be somewhat enjoyable
>>
>>340037926
The thing about the Digital Event is that the pacing was so off that it didn't even matter. Games that were world announcements had so little shown of them, while something like Yoshi's Wooly World and Mario Maker had so much time dedicated to it so close to its release, Yoshi I'm pretty sure was actually released in everywhere but America then, that it just halted the momentum of what was announced that was exciting.
And even then, the argument that they went for hype trailers over actual quality product just makes them look even more scummy in comparison. Almost everything from 2014 were hype trailers with actual quality in the gameplay that backed them, but for 2015's Star Fox reveal to turn out to have really hit-or-miss controls and gameplay length, it must've been heartbreaking for Star Fox fans, I can see where they'd be pissed off.
>>
>>340038178
Like whatever you like man but 3d world was a disappointing/subpar game.
>>
>>340038228
>And even then, the argument that they went for hype trailers over actual quality product just makes them look even more scummy in comparison.
Why not? Every other company does that.
People said Sony "won" E3 for doing exactly that, for games that don't even exist, like Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian.
>>
>>340038306
>implying Sony isn't a scumbag company already
>>
>>340038280
Not saying it's amazing either, but it's nowhere near what I would qualify as a bag game.
But for a 3D 2D-Styled Mario game it gave pretty much exactly what it was saying it was.
I wasn't expecting a Galaxy-tier game, I was expecting a "traditional" Mario game, and that's exactly what I got.
>>
>>340036323
>Paper Mario Color Splash

Why not just wait until the reviews come out? Yeah, the signs don't look too good, but getting all butthurt over one reveal is a bit much.
>>
>>340038348
It is, but people seem to like it so much that they shouldn't complain about Nintendo doing the same thing.
>>
>>340038519
People need to realize though that saying "every other company does it" doesn't magically give Nintendo a pass, but hating just Nintendo for it isn't right.

When companies do some shitty shit, they should all be blamed for it no matter what.
>>
>>340038687
The thing is, when you point that out, a horde of fags will come and scream 'PHYSICAL DLC!!!' or 'NINTENDRONE!'
>>
Bump for ackwardly interesting thread
>>
>>340038687
between Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, it's simply pick your poison. Not exactly a situation you want to be in
>>
>>340039639
But here comes the question: who is the worst?
>>
>>340038437
Meh. To be honest i like New Super Mario Bros U better. I thought 3d land was better. I thought 3d world was cool looking, just boring and bland and not fun at all. I never said it was bad i guess, just sub par but I guess i'm not judging anyone for liking it. I just know they can do much better.
>>
>>340039639
But Nintendo claims not to be in competition with Somy or MS
>>
>>340040391
Microsoft by far, I still can't believe people forgave them and bought an Xbone anyway after they were so ready to fuck them up the ass
>>
>>340040718
The thing is, when people refer to AAA publisher, they often leave out Nintendo out
>>
>>340031741
Most of the shit people expect isn't even common sense
>>
>>340040808
If E3 2013 and Microsoft's draconian policies don't prove gaming customers will eat anything up, then I don't know what does. Hot damn
>>
>>340036895
>such a good climb back to a degree of relevance in 2014
but they didnt. wii u isnt doing well at all thats why theyre trashing it in favor of a better business model
>>
>>340040808
but it didnt fuck them up the ass and it ended up being the same as the ps4
>>
>>340041216
The point is they were READY to, which says a lot of Microsoft and what they think of their customers
>>
>>340040887
Exactly
That's the thing with all conferences
Unrealistic expectations that will inevitably lead to disappointment

As a side note,
If Nintendo introduces paid online I'm out of consoles forever
>>
>>340035551
Staff here, reggie says you're a faggot
>>
>>340035738
Xenoblade X
>>
File: 1443319552216.jpg (133 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1443319552216.jpg
133 KB, 680x680
>>340030491
>followed by Treehouse antics.
>more Treehouse antics.
>>
>>340041771
They are okay when playing games though
>>
>>340040391
I want to say Sony with them ditching backwards compatibility and adopting paid online atop of having loads of moviegames, but they're getting weebshit I want to play too, so it's a tough call.
There's no right answer either way since every company is guilty of buttfucking their consumers recently.
>>
>>340041081
You say that, but NX is going to be the exact same mistakes with the exact same garbage software and exact same garbage online policies.
Just look at the My Nintendo program they launched: digital-game-favored with a bias toward Miitomo and other mobile apps. That doesn't speak "good vidya" to me.
>>
File: 1226456221703.jpg (37 KB, 559x381) Image search: [Google]
1226456221703.jpg
37 KB, 559x381
>>340030491
>Day 3: Presentation of DragonQuest VII
its scary how one of their main games to show is one japan got in 2013.
they're betting everyone on pokemon, and using a wiiu zelda to try to sell the NX.
its twilight princess all over again.
>>
>>340041949
there's really nothing you can do as a consumer except support good practises and condemn bad ones.
If you look at the track-record of everyone, you'll quickly find yourself unable to buy any console games anymore.
>>
>>340042341
I hope it's TP all over again. The gamecube version didn't take a backseat to the wii version.
>>
File: 1463650963218.png (542 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
1463650963218.png
542 KB, 622x521
>everyone spells doom for nintendo
>meanwhile I'm playing the only next gen console, the 3DS
>>
>>340042124
I don't think the compatibility is a bad thing. And I don't really believe in the slippery slope fallency
You sound very bitter anon. Lighten up man. Play games like Yoshi's Wolly world to cheer yourself up
>>
>>340034652

This.

However, the day nintendo goes premium online is the day I drop them forever.
>>
>>340030491
Nintendo is in the process of self destruction

They have been urged to enter the mobile(phone) market however their philosophy is to keep everything internal and do not do wide spread market research or even consider the competition

this is why Nintendo's online service it terrible, due to them entering the field with 0 understanding of what they were actually up against and this is why I predict failure the same as the Wii U for the NX
>>
>>340041949
But is Sony making the weebshit?

Also, the worst one is Microsoft. Not because of the Xbone but because they introduced all of the cancer such as multiplayer behind a subscription, DLC, and the rise of Western games on consoles has done more bad than good.

Sony could actually beat them though. They invented the online pass, and even their PSP games had that shit. Remember Socom FTB3 on the PSP? That game required an online pass, but its servers were shutdown after a year or two. They also ended up fully embracing the worst of Microsoft's policies. Come to think of it, Sony could be the worse if the PS4 Neo turns out to be real, and it probably will because of VR. VR is also fucking stupid.

Nintendo is super shit too, but they haven't fully inherited all of Microsoft's policies. Amiibos would have been fine as just a Smash accessory, but putting that shit in other games only serves to piss people off. A huge portion of Nintendo's problems can be pinned on NOA and Miyamoto. Miyamoto said that StarFox failed because nobody likes SF, but the truth it it looked like shit since Day 1. Not to mention that impressions of those who played it when it was first unveiled weren't that good. NOA needs to stop being like 4Kids. Their job is simple promote Nintendo's games, translate them, and maintain NA servers. They don't need to do anything else. I feel as if they aren't too far into the rabbit hole as Sony is, but it all depends on the NX reveal. That's what will truly determine whether or not Nintendo will be shit in the long run.

At least the 3DS turned out decent, and it's nice to see that Nintendo will promote DQVII. They treat it as if it were their own IP, so I hope the DQXI on NX rumors are real just because Nintendo will make sure it does well in the West. But fuck all of those 3DS rereleases. Easily the biggest weakness of the system next to the inability to download games on to other 3DSs, and the inability to use your NNID on another 3DS.
>>
>>340032793
We won't see the NX, and it's a good thing. Sony or maybe Microsoft, if not both, will probably revive old IPs that "game journalists" never played ( again ) and people will only talk about that.
>>
File: 1464282267687.jpg (293 KB, 540x570) Image search: [Google]
1464282267687.jpg
293 KB, 540x570
Just wait it out.
I dont expect anything and I'll let them surprise me.

All other conferences except for Square Enix will definitely be shit this year though. Its gonna be all VR garbage.
>>
File: image.png (45 KB, 264x341) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 264x341
>>340043121
Yoshi's Wooly World made me bitter.
Not the game, but just knowing the marketing was so fucked on something so good that we'll never see something so happy and actually fun again. NoA is the root of all evil.
>>
>>340045531
1.37 million copies worldwide. That's not bad.
>>
>>340045531
Not trying to justify NoA here but unfortunately Marketing is very expensive. Each company makes a lot of research prior to the release of a game. They try to understand if a game is worth being marketed or if it will "market itself" thanks to brand recognition and so on.
Not all companies can easily waste millions of dollars in marketing like Sony, even though Sony usually forgets to maket its own games too, see Tearaway or the Vita in general. Nintendo tries to keep a balance between profits and losses.
>>
>>340030491
>They straight up said only the Wii u version will be showcased and playable at E3/Nintendo Store
>Guys i know they are going to show the NX and the NX
What is this with /v/ not being able to read? Do video games really make people so stupid that they cant even read and comprehend a simple sentence?
>>
>>340030491
>Am I the only one who thinks that Nintendo has been behaving strangely
they've been acting weird ever since Iwata died. It's not just E3.
>>
>>340047448
Iwata's death really shake them up in the wrong way. Which is pretty ironic considering how much some people (Neogaf) wanted him to step down as CEO or being fired altogether. His death basically proved how wrong they were.
>>
>>340047724
I feel like there was a lot resting on Iwata's shoulders that no one really wanted to step up and take his place.
>>
>>340047448
>>340047724

Even though it has been some time now, I also think this is still playing a role. It probably won't stop being a concern until the NX launches.
Just a really unfortunate position to be in as a company.
>>
>>340047965
I wonder if Kishima will step down after one year like someone used to say. The company really needs a friendly CEO that can announce things in a friendly way.
I don't have anything against him but he doesn't really look like a worthy president for the company. He doesn't have the same charm of Yamauchi or Iwata. I can't really see him going on stage and presenting the NX to the masses.
>>
>>340048192
>Yamauchi
He's about on the same level as Yamauchi. A bitter old yakuza hardass.
>>
>>340047965
I have no idea, but he definitely doesn't have a friendly image, and having the first year of your presidency be the worst year in your company's history to be a fan of, its not really a good position to be in.

If they can really knock it out of the park with the NX and the 3DS successor I think his faith will be restored.
>>
>>340032434
True, just look at PS4. It got one game and people bought it.
>>
>>340048387
I think Yamauchi was ruder. Like, he wasn't afraid to tell third party to work their asses on games (enough to scare them from the N64) and he was kind of a dictator for the whole company. While I prefer Iwata, he definitely had a strong personality. I can't really say the same about Kishima.
He probably didn't have the chance to show his true nature yet but still... he doesn't seem strong willed like the old presidents.
>>
>>340048458
>and having the first year of your presidency be the worst year in your company's history to be a fan of, its not really a good position to be in.
Iwata was saddled with a similar situation. Yamauchi gave him the Gamecube after it was already failing. There's nothing saying Kishima won't make it get better like Iwata did.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.