[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the hardest game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (373 KB, 1686x822) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
373 KB, 1686x822
Let's settle this once and for all.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10402056
>>
>>340023731

Dark Souls 3 is easily the hardest, simply because the bosses in the second half of the game all become extremely aggressive gimmick fests with massive health pools. Coincidentally 3 is also the worst game in the series, despite one of the main draws of the series being its addictive challenge.
>>
Gonna have to go with Dark Souls II for nothing other than the utterly broken hitboxes.
>>
1 is easily the most challenging

not even saying cause it's my first, demons was the first i played

also 3 is the easiest if you think it's hard you're a berry picker
>>
DeS, because no one beats that game without using a broken build.
>>
the one you play first
>>
>>340023731

All of them are shit go kill yourself, fucking ubisoft of Japan right here with downgrades out the ass and yearly rehashes
>>
>>340024004
Literally believe the opposite. Easiest souls, yet one of the best.
>>
>>340024004
I thought everyone would agree that DS3 is the easiest. Coming from just finishing Old Hunters it was a huge step down in difficulty for me.
>>
>>340024968

This, and dark souls fans are the sonic fans of this decade. Autistic mouth breathing faggots that never shut the fuck up about sonic despite playing dirt rally
>>
>>340025007
>one of the best.
spotted the pcuck
>>
>>340023731
damn even with 32 votes so far this is fairly close I'm impressed
>>
>>340025038
holy shit you've been here too long
>>
>>340023731
>those contrarians picking Demons Souls who have obviously forgotten how easy 90% of those bosses were
>>
>>340023731
DS2 because you have to deal with a shitty game and get to the end without quitting. Very difficult
>>
Bloodborne feels the hardest to me.

Is it easier if you're a strength build? I went skill with Blades of Mercy.
>>
>>340025007
>Beat Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne without summoning
>Half to summon for nearly every boss past sages in 3
I think the latter bosses are just poorly designed with near instant kills.
>>
>>340025545
Learn to roll.
>>
>>340025597
That's how I beat Dark 1.
>>
>>340025409
That's how I thought too but then I got to the second half of the game and started having a far better time. It's basically the opposite of 1.
>>
>>340025484
It's not easier with any kind of build as long as you're using the weapons for your build. It's barely an RPG, the only things weapon related stats affect is how the scaling affects your damage bonus, everything aside from the weapon attributes are just personal preference. There's a cap at which point you don't really need more stamina, and aside from that it's just deciding how much health you really need.
>>
>>340024968

This, From fans are cancer
>>
>>340025645
You are clearly doing it wrong if you have problems with 3's bosses. Constantly rolling into them when they attack makes pretty much every boss easy. You can even get the iframe boosting ring if you are having problems with timing and it just becomes trivial.
>>
>>340023731
>Settling things with an opinion poll which js basically majority wins whether or not they're actually correct
>>
>>340023731
Played all but Demon's (playing demon's still).

DaS2 is hardest due to the bullshit design.
>>
>>340023731

I hope Fromsoft finally goes bankrupt or it's debs starve from lack of interest in these shitty ads games they milk yearly. Beyond being lying sons if bitches selling this garbage on bullshots they are indie tier betas not worth being measured beside even Minecraft. From reused assets to copy pasted scripts these people attempt to milk their retarded fanbase for every nickel they can get on these mediocre ass games and I can't wait until they go belly up for it
>>
File: 24752458.jpg (18 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
24752458.jpg
18 KB, 403x389
>17 votes for Demon's Souls
>>
>>340023731
Battletoads.
>>
File: Snapchat-7583471972309311208.jpg (290 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7583471972309311208.jpg
290 KB, 720x1280
BB > DaS > DeS = DaS3 > DaS2

BB is easily the hardest, especially before Rom. You deal no damage and shits like Amelia or Cleric Beast have a ton of hp.
>>
>>340024004
I didn't even play BB and I thought DaS3 was the easiest of the 3 dark souls games. Even hard bosses like Nameless King were easy.

Also all the bosses had small ass health pools, minus like a few here and there.

>>340025545
Did you even level up your heath? Nothing was close to a 1 hit kill on me outside of grabs.
>>
>>340023731
Demon Souls
-Maneater
-False King
-Flamefucker

Dark Souls 1
-Artorias
-Kalmeet
-Manus

BB
-Ludwig
-Orphan
-Defiled Chalice Watch Dog

DS3
-Nameless King
-Soul of Cinder
-Pontiff

Pick your poison those are the top 3 hardest bosses from each of their game.
>>
>>340026921
But Arty and SoC are pretty ez.
>>
>>340027171
List is pretty spot on for DeS and BB I wouldn't know who to replace arty or soc for all the bosses in DS3 and DS1 were pretty easy.
>>
>>340027171
SoC raped my ass harder than Nameless King, his faith and pyro phases are bullshit.
>>
>>340026612
I had the opposite reaction to Bloodborne.
Game was too easy. I'm actually surprised anyone would consider it hard.
Well except the hunters that were spread acrossed the map. Seriously fuck those guys
>>
>>340026612
I thought BB was the hardest at first but once you realized that you can fucking stagger more than half the bosses it was a complete pushover.
>>
>>340023731
Souls bosses are unbelievably squishy after you're familiar with the system.

Bloodborne's bosses before and on Rom are stupid tanky, and make every fight an endurance test.

They then get back to that level of tanky during the DLC (although Maria and Failures admittedly are easy enough to chain stagger)
>>
>>340027536
I only had some problem with pyro's anime spin combos, but SoC is passive enough that you can just roll away and have a sippy at your leisure when you get hit. Phase 2 is just Gwyn with less aggression, spells that never hit, and a useless chimpout combo that also allows you free heals.

>>340027527
I personally find Ornstein and Smough harder than all of DS1 and 3's bosses simply because there are two of them each doing their own thing. With every other lone boss, it's easy to figure out their patterns, vulnerable moments and just mindlessly dodge them around until they let themselves open and you can get a few bitch shots in. O+S have a bit of chaos in their bossfight and require more attention for keeping tabs on both at the same time. As for 3 alone, I would argue noparry Champ to be harder than SoC due to his much higher aggression and smaller punish windows.
>>
>>340024968
>Its a rehash even though everyone thinks the game is fucking good
>>
>>340024968
>>340025038
>>340025896
samefag
>>
Haven't played DeS, but from what I've seen it looks pretty difficult in some parts. Other than that I'd say:
DaS > BB > DaS2 > DaS3
>>
>>340023731

Gothic 2 NOTR is harder than all of those combined and also an actual RPG.
>>
Bloodborne has Ludwig
>>
>>340029407
k
>>
>>340029407
NoTR is my favorite game, but nah.
>>
>>340029363

How can you openly say a game where more than half the bosses are normal enemies is the hardest? Are you on drugs?
>>
This so much >>340029407

Im sure that anyone who finds Souls games hard are fucking millenials who never actually played a hard game.

Roll+attack is hard if you are retarded or 80+ years old with bad reaction time.
>>
Bloodborne had the hardest bosses by far IMO. I never had nearly as much trouble with souls bosses even on my first playthrough
Some of the chalice dungeon bosses were insane and the DLC was rough. Fuck the defiled bosses
>>
>>340025484
BoM are terrible for PVE except for a couple of bosses that are easily staggered (Maria comes to mind)

My first playthrough was pure skill with cane + BoM for the most part and I couldn't believe how overpowered I felt when I switched to the church pick in the DLC
>>
I'd vote for Bloodborne because of its idiotic focus on the graphics causing the framerate to be garbage, but I never actually finished Demon's Souls because it was hard as fuck.
>>
>>340029480
Ludwig wasn't that hard, I felt like Laurence was harder with that fucking health pool
>>
>>340026921
I find Ludwig doable while Lawrence wrecks my shit every time, I can't stand he's crawling attack during the second phase
>>
Chalice dungeons m8
>>
BB is the hardest hands down, defiled chalices and old hunters bosses are straight ass rape

After that it's a toss up between DeS/DaS1, I think des has higher highs but das1 is more consistently challenging

Das2 and 3 are pathetically easy
>>
>>340029980

Demon's Souls is literally the easiest.
You can pretty much finish the game with a simple fire sword except for those 2 or 3 fire element bosses.

And then you have some lame ass bosses like the flying something and the yellow fat giant, also the dragon at the end of one world.
>>
>>340026921
>artorias
>hard

When will this meme end? He has the most telegraphed attacks in the series. Replace him with O&S
>>
>>340023731
bb not only has harder bosses in a regular run because some have 3 phases, but it has chalice dungeon bosses which are literally artificially difficult.

The speed of alot of bosses also outpace your ability to spam dodge, like abhorrent beast and oprhan.
>>
I'm on my first DaS3 playthrough and I feel like I'm having more trouble with some of the bosses than in any other Souls game because I just can't get the dodge timing right. Bosses I had trouble with were Pontiff, Aldrich (only his arrows to be honest) and now I'm stuck on the dancer because I ALWAYS roll at the wrong time.
>>
Dark Souls 2; the game isn't hard, but I had to force myself to finish the fucking thing making it the biggest challenge of the series
>>
>>340030313
What are your stats
>>
Multiplayer games are harder
>>
>>340030139

DeS gimmick bosses were great the first time you do them. Not everything has to be 2hard4u.
>>
>>340030313
Just run away from her long combos, don't even try to roll dodge or block them you'll run out of stamina before you know it.
>>
>>340030313
yeah those were the ones I had the most trouble with too. I was pretty underleveled and while they weren't all that difficult, it only took one mistimed dodge and my health bar was obliterated (Aldrich arrow attack during his second phase holy shit)
>>
They're all shit and the most popular one is the most casual one.
>>
File: 1449794214441.jpg (31 KB, 700x773) Image search: [Google]
1449794214441.jpg
31 KB, 700x773
>>340023731
All the DLCs are hard compared to the base game.

Gotta wait and see with DaS3.
>>
>>340030531

only the yellow fatty was fun and the giant knight which is copy&pasted into Dark Souls as Iron Golem.
>>
>>340030595
>Aldrich arrow attack during his second phase holy shit

Yeah, on my final attempt I actually got lucky and he didn't use his arrows at all in phase two. I'm sure that I'd still be stuck there if it wasn't for that because I still have no idea how you were supposed to dodge them.
>>
>>340030540
there's actually a really good window in her swing where you can jump in and start wrecking her while she's finishing the really long spin combo

it's kind of like jump rope
>>
>>340030729
by sprinting diagonally I think, but somehow the last set of arrows always got me
>>
Bloodborne toyed with my anus in unthinkable ways so my vote goes for Bloodborne.
>>
>>340024803
No, it's an easy game since every build that isn't deliberately gimped will inevitably stumble upon something broken.

DeS is the least forgiving game, and has some bullshit moments such as levels with no shortcuts and the swamp of no rolling.
But it's the easiest in terms of combat and boss fights, nothing is overly aggressive and most stuff has weaknesses or stragedy that trivialises them.
>>
>>340030664
Disagreed, O&S and 4 kangz were more difficult than AotA bosses

I died more to Gough than I did to the bosses strangely
>>
>>340030729
Only boss that gave me trouble at all in 3. Didn't kill it until I realized you can run a tight circle around him during the arrow phase and not get hit.
>>
>>340030729
you just run nigga its not that hard
>>
I'd like to see any of you kids play a fucking hard NES game. You'd cry for your mommies after that shit.

Fuck your dank souls and bloodboring shit modern era garbage. Holy shit, your games suck, Dumbest Generation kids.
>>
>>340030729
Use that Twisted Light sorcery or just run/rollspam but not in a straigh line. Honestly I had more trouble with the homing soul arrows.
>>340031010
>o&s
Just hide behind the pillars.
>2kings
Just poisetank and R1 spam lmao.
>>
>>340031231
go suck a dick grandpa
>>
File: 1465028765640.gif (992 KB, 398x356) Image search: [Google]
1465028765640.gif
992 KB, 398x356
>ITT
>casuals calling dark souls "Hard"
>not using Havel Greatsheild
>not going full strength build
>not using great Club
>>
>>340029653
Quite intrigued to hear what exactly makes NOTR so hard m8.
>>
>>340024004
>gimmick fests with massive health pools
you must have used 3 summons, you pleb
>>
>>340031261
>dlc bosses
>just dark magic lmao
>>
>>340024004
>massive health pools

Uh, what? The bosses in das3 have tiny hp amounts due to balancing around horrid miracles/magic. The only one who has good HP is nameless king second phase
>>
File: noidea.jpg (34 KB, 422x309) Image search: [Google]
noidea.jpg
34 KB, 422x309
I'm playing through the series starting from BB, have played DeS, currently on DaS, will eventually play DaS2 and 3

So far BB is the hardest but that's probably because I had no idea what I was doing but holy damn DaS world is confusing as shit
>>
>>340031748
What the fuck kind of retarded order is that?
>>
>>340031809
I'm sorry anon I got BB on a whim and got really into it

But what's wrong with the order other than BB being first?
>>
File: 1464994886041.jpg (265 KB, 997x879) Image search: [Google]
1464994886041.jpg
265 KB, 997x879
>>340031748
Get out, you NEWFAG REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>340031535
Still doesn't make O&S and 2kings any less easier compared to them, because Dark magic is OP against everything.
>>340031748
DaS 1 world design is fucking amazing once you get a feel of it, that connectivity man.
>>
>>340031875
Nothing, just BB threw me off
>>
>>340032023
You can't get dark magic before O&S and you named a cheese strategy for 4 kings anyway
>>
>>340023731
Clayfighters
>>
>>340032023
I love the shortcuts and shit but I spent 70% of the game wandering around finding where to go.

I just found out Blighttown has a boss but not before I finished exploring the catacombs, beat the Pinwheel, the forest, beat the Wolf and Butterfly, New Londo Ruins and Valley of Drakes.
>>
>>340031261
Getting Kalameet's tail is tricky but apart from that DLC bosses are just as easy to trivialize as everything else. SG needs some time to adapt to a more aggressive enemy compared to the base game, but he falls reliably once you're over the initial shock. Arty is a telegraph machine, his flashy anime shit leaves ample punish opportunities and unless your damage sucks his attempts to go super saiyan are free hits. Manus can be blocked with any decent shield and poked safely at the end of certain moves and you just pendant his magic away lmao.
>>
>>340032149
Doesn't matter, you can just substitute dark magic with the strongest sorcery you can get at that point. And 4kings is just a cheese boss, on their own a single king is a pushover but they are tied with a retarded DPS race mechanics.
>>
>>340032647
You can't get any spell that's even close to dark magic dps till dukes archives which is still after O&S. Even then they're not as retarded as dark magic
>>
Teenage mutant (hero) turtles on the amiga commador & nes i broke a whole computer in half at age 7 with pure rage on the swimming levels
>>
>>340029407
Gothic 2 NOTR is very hard, but if you know certain tricks it becomes much easier later on. Tricks? Give Fire Mage in Khorinis as many 50 gold donations as you can to get lots of free HP and stuff ASAP, pray to Innos when you have too much money (as Paladin you only need money for Heavy Militia Armour, everything else is free), beat certain people up every chapter.

In fact the beginning is hardest, after you go through Jharkendar in Chapter 2 you won't die as much.

Not optimising build by going warrior and playing as Mage instead in G2 NOTR is definitely the hardest of all the games in this thread though.
>>
>>340030673

I liked the storm ruler fight, I thought it was a nice change of pace.
>>
>>340031339

>using easy mode

>WOW ITS SO EASY GUYS

no shit m8 use fun weapons instead
>>
>>340023731
Hardest game is iwbtg (and clones) on hardcore/one-life mode.

Close second are actual competitive games, and no I don't just mean noob stomping, but playing against other actual competitive players.
>>
>>340032326

I think you get told you have to ring 2 bells, one high and one low. I guess the catacombs make sense too but blighttown is fairly obviously the low one imo.
>>
>>340032952
Pls, even if we disregard all the cheesy shit like jumping on rocks and killing shit with the bow, or dragon snapper transformation to clear the island, it might be hard if you keep trying to blindly throw yourself into packs of snappers at level 3. You can reliably get levels by just roaming around and picking fights starting with easy mobs and gradually progressing to the meaner beasties. Every enemy has simple attack patterns that can be easily learned and countered. Some are downright pathetic like trolls who will never catch you when circling them and are basically free sacks of XP. You can pull enemies one by one from packs, even group predators that aggro together like wolves, provided you kite a bit. Enemy placements and group compositions are pretty much always mindless.

You continuously get more powerful and the game continuously becomes easier. The only skill Gothic requires is patience. Not saying that DS is some ebin hardcore brebare to die :DDDD shit like the memesters would like you to believe, but you are just as deluded if you think NOTR is.
>>
Touhou
>>
How can ANYBODY say Dark Souls 1 is even remotely hard? It was my first Souls game and outside of O&S, nobody gave me problems. Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are harder.

Even Dark Souls 2 is more annoying due to the cheapness of it
>>
Fuck BB was so easy. The only bosses that were even a challenge were the DLC bosses. I don't think I died to any boss more than once on my first playthrough (blind), and most of them I didn't die at all. The mad dodges and 20 vials of healing make everything a breeze.

DS1 is significantly harder. I still die to Capra sometimes even after killing him 20+ times now. The game manages to stay consistently challenging too, unlike other Souls games where one half of the game is significantly easier/harder than the other.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.