[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Quake V get announced at E3? With how well Wolfenstein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Quake1.gif (52 KB, 449x618) Image search: [Google]
Quake1.gif
52 KB, 449x618
Will Quake V get announced at E3?

With how well Wolfenstein: TNO and D44M have done, a new Quake with a campaign inspired by the first game would be amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7s3RjAgP4
>>
"Pre-order QUAKE to get guaranteed access to the QUAKE beta! :^)"

"The campaign portion of QUAKE will set a new standard for other shooters - Open World First-Person Shooter at your disposal to play your way.
- Navigate through a vast dimension that consists of overrun military bases, dungeons, castles, and other unearthly environments using your free-running abilities!
- Encounter numerous deadly monsters straight out of a nightmare!
- Use a myriad of customizable weapons in any way you want to approach your objectives.
- Experience the innovative multiplayer from the granddaddy of multiplayer! Customize your weapons loadouts for frentic fights where anything goes!

If you purchase the QUAKE Collector's Edition, you'll get guaranteed access to the CATACOMBS beta :^)"

How would this make you feel?
>>
File: 1456293687591.png (202 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
1456293687591.png
202 KB, 365x363
>>340015386
Please no.

All they had to do was make Doom 1, except with modern graphics and they still fucked that up. They were even too lazy to make proper multiplayer so they fucking outsourced it to some shitty company.
>>
>>340015386
TNO was shit
Doom was okay but a lot of problems
I don't think they are capable of making a proper quake game especially in the multiplayer department
>>
>>340016338
>TNO was shit
>>340016831
>Doom was okay but a lot of problems
>>340016338
>All they had to do was make Doom 1, except with modern graphics and they still fucked that up

what shit opinions. is astounding
>>
Nope. Modern id is only able of making 1 game every 5-7 years. If they decide to reboot Quake It won't get announced till 2019 or later.
>>
File: 1396996125076.jpg (64 KB, 550x250) Image search: [Google]
1396996125076.jpg
64 KB, 550x250
>>340016240
>>
>>340015386
I wouldn't mind something a little more militaristic. Having clear objectives like capturing strongholds or clearing foxholes. Maybe a couple expendable marines in tow.

So long as they drive home how horrific the Strogg really are.

The original idea for Enemy Territory was solid, they just botched the delivery.
>>
After seeing what Starbreeze did with TNO, and id with Doom 4, I definitely want Starbreeze doing Quake 5.
>>
>>340017152
Wolfenstein: 2014
DOOM: 2016
>>
>>340017251
The direction they should honestly go in should be away from the Strogg and back to the Lovecraftian/Medieval themes of Q1.

Because this time we could actually have boss battles instead of pressing switches and telefragging.
>>
>>340017353
id didn't make the new wolfensteins.
>>
>>340017353
One of those wasn't by id.
>>
>>340017057
you are wrong
>>340017343
you mean machine games
>>
>>340017726
And guess where their people came from.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.