[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubisoft and their downgrades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: descarga.jpg (5 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
5 KB, 247x204
How can they get away with it? Why is it that nobody has sued them for false advertisement?

https://youtu.be/xNter0oEYxc
>>
>>340013590
Because you keep buying their shit.
>>
>>340013590
Because they show it running on PC instead of consoles
>>
>>340013653
This

You stupid fucks are just as much to blame
>>
>>340013653
this
>>
>>340013791
Except they downgrade the PC versions too, so that consolekiddies don't feel so bad for having laptop hardware from 3 years ago
>>
Because the media keeps downplaying it whenever it happens because Ubisoft keeps paying them to do so. Most people won't get outraged unless the press get involved.

I imagine they'll go bankrupt soon after getting acquired by Vivendi, though.
>>
>>340013590
Only Ubisoft game I bought since last gen was Origins and Legends feels good,
>>
>>340013590
why should they be sued?
they are still giving you good entertainment. sue other companies that release unfinished work
>>
>>340013964
But their games are trash
>>
>>340013964
Because watch the video, it's fucking downright lying to the consumers.
>>
>>340014243
It's the consumers' fault for being too gullible.
>>
>>340013590
That scripted division voice chat was the cringiest
>>
>>340013590
>Why is it that nobody has sued them for false advertisement?
Maybe in China you could sue them but in any other country the law doesn't work that way.
>>
>>340014319
Oh man here come the replies.
>>
>>340014319
I know you're trolling but I might actually agree with you. Modern day consumers are fucking retarded.
>>
Put it this way: at McDonald's, the burgers are always advertised for being this aesthetically pleasing meal, whilst the real thing always looks liked a rushed piece of shit. It's acknowledged that at this point, only an idiot goes into McDonald's expecting the meal as it looks advertised. This is not a significant violation of consumer rights, this is common sense. There's a difference between a contractually binding promise and sales puff. The latter will not hold up as a consumer complaint in court, therefore the only issue here is for the consumer to have common sense.

Same thing goes for graphics. Graphics when advertised are sales puff. They are no more promised than the meal advertised on the McDonald's menu.
>inb4 food analogies complaint
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.