[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I fucked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
So I accidentally updated my hacked o3ds to 11 and I had to factory reset it due to bricking issues. Now I don't have the hack anymore.

Am I fucked? I can't find a way to downgrade to version 9.2 again. I have a physical copy of Super Smash Bros. if I can do anything with that.
>>
>>340012918
thats what you get for being lazy and not following the complete guide
>>
>>340012918
Tldr: you are fucked. Downgrading and installing legit cias was patched as of 11.0

U can only run homebrew now (if somone hacks ur smash save for you iirc), but piracy is now a dream.

Sorry op
>>
>>340013329
What are you referring to? I accidentally updated. I've had a fully functional hacked 3ds before.
>>
Maybe you should have gotten arm9loaderhax faggot
>>
>>340013635
Well shit. I'm getting a new 3ds XL soon anyways I guess. But I hear those are more complicated to hack.
>>
>>340013734
He's referring to the fact that if you are having this problem, it implies that you didnt install a9lh as per the guide, since having a9lh would prevent your problem from happening
>>
>>340013843
Fortunately for you, as of now all retail n3ds are running firmware 10.3, so browserhax/menuhax and therefore downgrading are all available to you. That said, the only difference in downgrading a n3ds as opposed to o3ds concerns getting a9lh, everything else is the same iirc
>>
>>340013845
Fuck, I did this whole hack process at about 4-6 in the morning prior to about 4 hours of sleep the previous night. I must of skipped or forgot to do that step.
>>
>>340014060
Yeah its part 4 and 5 of the guide. All optional, since by part 3 you can stsrt pirating, but a9lh exists to prevent problems like yours
>>
>>340013987
What exactly is a9lh? What does it do?
>>
>>340014238
Arm9LoaderHax (al9h for short) is essentially a hack where your 3ds loads a hacked OS upon booting, as in: the hack loads before your system istelf loads, the hack has full power before the system can do anything.

Because of this, you no longer need to leep a version of your systems OS (aka NAND) on your sd, but are free to use your normal sysnand, (called CFW sysNAND) now.

The benefits include 100% bootrate, no need keeping seperate NANDs, and most of all the power to restore your NAND from a backup even if it bricks.

In the future this hack has the potential to unbrick a Hardbricked 3DS. Though work on that is yet to be finished
>>
I have been doing this little by little over the last couple days and I need clarification on something. I'm at the end of part 3 where it says to update redNAND via system settings, is it the common system update menu or am I missing something?

I only ask because despite not using it much, I'm attached to my purple original. That and my internet isn't sufficient to spend half an hour looking for this specific answer.
>>
>>340014520
Thanks for the info. It's very rare to get help from /V/ these days. Next time when I do this, I'll put more time into it.
>>
>>340015294
Np anon, keep updated at >>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>340015184
Yeah use normal system update, inside the settings app be absolutely sure it says emu before your version number
>>
I love how fellow pirates are more helpful that nintendofags
>>
>>340015584
Thanks. Been following it by the letter, just been coasting by on complimentary single hours of wifi and doing everything under a serious time constraint.

I was mostly unsure because the update errored and stopped several times. Tomorrow I pack all my files together and go to fucking subway or something.

Goddamned Comcast monopolies and dirty practices.
>>
>>340012918
How do i my 3ds halp pl0x
>>
>>340016934
>>>/vg/hbg
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.