[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Blizzard's storytelling ever good? Or was I just younger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Jaina.png (633 KB, 1339x1373) Image search: [Google]
Jaina.png
633 KB, 1339x1373
Was Blizzard's storytelling ever good? Or was I just younger? Because I remember loving Starcraft's story.
>>
>Siding with orcs and trolls over her own father, basically giving them the A-OK to kill him
Bitch deserves everything she gets.
>>
>>340010506
>Siding with the genocidal maniacs that chased them across the ocean to murder them
Alliance scum reasoning.
>>
>>340010679
Oh yeah, they sure repayed the favor kindly in Theramore
>>
>>340010939
When they were rolling out tanks for the war. They were hardly neutral. Idk whose decision it was to turn Theramore (Jaina's or not) into a war base, but they are responsible for the destruction of the port, not the Horde. You can't be a part of a war and then complain when shit gets real.
>>
>>340011343
You're right
Orcs are completely innocent and the humans are all to blame
I mean, its not like the Orcs are demonic/influences invades that were hell bent on taking over an entire world after destroying the last one they came from.
>>
No. It was just competent and it had likable characters.
>>
>>340011524
I'm not saying they are innocent, I'm just saying the situation with Thrall and Jaina was hardly the Orc's fault. They were trying to flee, the humans chased them. The humans and orcs found an island of peaceful trolls, the humans killed the trolls while the orcs helped the trolls and fled to the new continent. The humans chased them to the new continent and tried to kill them, the orcs responded and kill the human leader leaving the peaceful humans alone.
Did the humans have good reason to want revenge on the orcs? Sure, but when the orcs are literally fleeing to a continent unknown to the humans just to live I think there might be merit in the death of Proudmore.
Even after all that Theramore is left to exist in the heart of Horde territory as a sign of friendship, one which is eventually repaid by them turning into an invasion camp to take the Barrens.
>>
It wasn't so much good as it was not dogshit.
Unfortunately, the current era of Metzen "what if the bad guys and good guys teamed up to fight super bad guys" Cuckstein really lowered the bar for competent story telling and plot.
>>
Orcs dindu nuffin.
>>
>>340011595
This. The character designs and cliches they took on where a lot of fun, and even the motives of the antagonists had merit (Disregarding Warcraf1+2 which had great protags, but shitty antagonists.)
>>
It will never not infuriate me that the Seige of Orgrimmar ended with the Alliance saying "You better not do it again"
>>
>>340012567
I mean, I like to think the Horde still had minor superiority over the city, but ya that was gay as fuck.
>>
>>340012129
Leave a hostile race that just lost a war to regrow across the seas and come back with full numbers?
Is that the world you want to pass down to your grandchildren?

"Oh, I thought the evil hostile demon infested invaders from another planet that considers humans lower lifeforms would learn peace, so we let them go. Sorry about Theramore, the 6 million, and another ongoing war when we could have stomped it out two generations ago : D"
Since the story actually ended up with Theramore and MoP happening, Proudmoore was actually right.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.