[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just beat it. so what the fuck happened? there is zero explanation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg (527 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_evil_within_game-HD.jpg
527 KB, 1920x1080
just beat it.

so what the fuck happened? there is zero explanation.

what the fuck happened?!
>>
Queue retards defending ambiguity as depth.
>>
>>340008292
kind of a disappointing game overall

I think DS1 and DS2 are the modern peaks of survival horror and this game was really shit compared to them, especially DS2. No mind games, no real scenes where you're like "hoooo shit" (mother cradling necromorph baby in titan nursery DS2, most of MC's hallucinations in DS2)

Havent played SH series yet
>>
>>340008549
ds2? is?
>>
>>340008704
dark souls 2 you noof
>>
File: 1455834618701.png (83 KB, 307x284) Image search: [Google]
1455834618701.png
83 KB, 307x284
>>340008292
basically rich kid abused by his parents (but not really) and set on fire while watching his sister die by rioters signs a deal with a research organization (after killing his parents bc crazy idfk) and he does a lot of experiments on kidnapped people. he believes he can blah blah secrets of the mind or w/e creates a machine behind the organization's back to go into other people's heads and eventually the organization puts his brain in the program and destroys his body (I forget how/why.) afterwards he kills everyone who enters the machine except for a boy named leslie who is then sent in later with the help of a few cops and one cop who is actually an undercover agent sent to grab leslie and bounce (kidman) and blah ablah more mind shit happens and afterwards sebastian kills evil kid guy and gets to leave the machine. (it's implied leslie also survived this but w/e for the sake of keeping it simple let's just say he's the only one that survived considering the likelihood of a sequel is zilch)

basically
>>
Ok so.

Sebastian, Joseph, and Kidman are all put into these machines called STEM Terminals, made by a company named Mobius, who is TEW's Umbrella.

STEM's purpose was to link multiple brains together, Ruvik made it because he wanted to go into his comatose sister's brain and relive his childhood with her, also fuck her. Seriously, he wanted to fuck his sister.

Now, Sebastian escaped from his STEM Terminal, but in Chapter 1, it was noted that people who go into STEM usually still feel side effects from the machine, Sebastian's being the ringing and seeing Ruvik.

However. According to Kidman's story. Sebastian and Joseph were NEVER meant to be in the machine and were expendable, Kidman's entire mission was killing Leslie so he COULDN'T link together with Ruvik, as Ruvik needed a body to leave Mobius, Leslie was the one person with a brain most compatible to him. Oh, also Sebastian's missing wife, Myra was the leader of Mobius.

This is what I understood about the game. Oh and if a place seemed unfamiliar to Sebastian in the story, it was related to a memory of either Ruvik or Kidman.
>>
I haven't played it myself, but I heard the second DLC clears a lot of things up.
>>
>>340008704
Dead space
>>
>>340009073
It does. But the answers it gives you are MGS4 and MGSV level. They're just there to piss you off.

IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND I'M STILL NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.
>>
>>340008292

The horror genre died when they cancelled Silent Hills
>>
File: 1450852020058.jpg (243 KB, 1034x958) Image search: [Google]
1450852020058.jpg
243 KB, 1034x958
>>340008549
silent hill is fucking amazing but the series is dead and if you can't stand games that havent aged well, don't even try to play it. fuck konami is all I got to say
>>
>>340009042
>>340009060
none of this is really in the game........ is it implied or?
>>
>>340009379
it's both. you just have to pay attention a lot. do another play through and you'll see it now
>>
>>340009457
should I do the dlc? I was really just meh with the original
>>
>>340009060
Oh, forgot to mention. While Kidman went into STEM willingly, Sebastian and Joseph were put it more or less because Jimenez fucking tripped over a cord or something.

TEW happens because Jimenez. And Joseph is NOT dead, the DLC confirmed this.

>>340009379
It's HEAVILY implied and sometimes all but explicitly said. While it's hinted in the DLC, Ruvik wanting to fuck Laura was outright said by the writer of the DLC.
>>
>>340009508
I only played the first but from what I saw from both it was pretty meh as well. a bit more scary with the lack of a weapon and stealth mechanics but beyond that it only explains what kidman was actually doing there. if you enjoyed the gameplay go ahead but otherwise just look it up on the wiki
>>
>>340009508
It's more like a stealth game. Reviewers liked the DLC more than the main game, but I had a few issues with the DLC. And they all have to do with the fucking Shade fights. There are three between both DLC releases and only the final one is fun.
>>
so is the main dude dead the whole time? and it's in a dream? it is in stem?
>>
>>340009581
Yeah, the Keeper DLC is considered not canon
>>
>>340010181
He's alive and escaped thank to Kidman.

You can actually find out who survived in the STEM Terminals in Kidman's DLC. Aim your shotgun at the terminals and if the character is alive you'll hear a heartbeat.
>>
>>340010181
nah main dude is very much alive. you see him climb out irl at the end. it's in an assortment of people's minds linked together producing dream like realities with what they remember most (and also fear.) yeah it's all in the stem except for the ending.

if you die in the dream you DIE FOR REAL BRO
>>
>>340010181
What? No.
>>
The DLC was horseshit.

Stealth =/= horror. And they should've just saved the info about Mobius for a sequel.
>>
>>340010395
I thought the end was left ambiguous. You see Leslie or Ruvik being all creepy, which implies either Ruvik got out, or you're still in STEM. I remember there were some notes about the hypothesis if people would even know they got out of STEM, if the simulation was set up to make them think they got out.
>>
>>340010341
I'm aware, but Kidman's DLC is what confirms Joseph being alive, not The Keeper's DLC.

That said, nothing in that DLC really conflicts with what happens in the game due to everyone's experience with STEM being sorta different depending on fears and mental strength. Kidman and Sebastian's experiences in STEM were both very different.
>>
>>340008292
>there is zero explanation.
>being too stupid to figure out the story
>blames game for stupidity
This is why the gaming industry is so shit.
>>
>>340010563
I would've preferred that Ruvik and Sebastian didn't get out, but thought they did. Perhaps Seb smashing Ruvik's brain jar would mean his mind would become the dominant one in STEM
>>
Play the dlc
>>
>>340010563
eh, every man to his own I guess. I like to believe the option that isn't complete bullshit that makes playing the game a waste of time
>>
>>340010395
but Leslie died in the dream, why is he alive then?
>>
>>340010820
Fuck off. It's not worth the cost
>>
>>340010796
The entire final boss fight and Sebastian smashing the brain was just a power fantasy as Ruvik had already escaped STEM by that point. This WOULD make Sebastian the dominant mind in STEM, but he still escaped.

>>340010912
It's Ruvik using his husk.
>>
>>340010360
I didn't know that. Who else survived?
>>
>>340010981
>>340010912
a lot is implied by the ending. it could be leslie survived, ruvik survived (somehow,) sebastian became the main brain in control of the STEM and is still inside, that sebastian made it out but is also insane now, etc, etc etc etc ecttetcetetctetcetctc
>>
>>340008292
I don't remember the names because the characters are flat as fuck, but the bad guy took over the albino crazy guy's body.

That was his plan all along: use his psychic powers to escape his dying form into a healthy new form. The thing you killed was pretty much dying in the first place, and it's a stretch to say that you 'killed' it.
>>
>>340010981
I thought Ruvik and Leslie switched consciousnesses and the brain he smashed would've therefore been Leslie's.
>>
>>340010981
oh wait! that makes sense, so ruvek is in Leslie body now?
>>
>>340011080
That's it. You sorta explicitly see Connely and Jimenez die. Shit, you kill Connely in Sebastian's story.

>>340011238
That makes sense. And that reminds me. I loved the joke ending the DLC had with the fucking REmake tier credits.
>>
bad guy wins. he takes over the retards body, and the main character kills off the retards brain.

story is shit, combat is shit, pass
>>
>>340011501
>combat is shit
Or maybe you're just shit at it
>>
whatsup with the missing person signs?

it's just people in stem
>>
>>340012116
did Sebastian know he was going into stem? why is he so confused by everything?
>>
>>340012878
No. He was never even meant to go into STEM. He was in it at least before he arrived at Beacon however.
>>
op here, if I continue from my save file, it loops the game over. is that same as ng+?
>>
>>340013078
how do you accidentally into stem?
>>
>>340013325
Jimenez accidentally triggered the Remote STEM activation, which sucked Sebastian up so to say. That ringing they all heard but Kidman in the intro was the remote activation I believe?
>>
>>340012116
>>340013089
please respond
>>
>>340014402
sorry man, haven't played in a while so I cant answer em
>>
the bugs play a big role. where do the bugs come from? whose brain I mean? what memory?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.