[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth it? I play no other Blizzard games so the Origins edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: overwatch.png (249 KB, 882x446) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
249 KB, 882x446
Worth it? I play no other Blizzard games so the Origins edition seems totally not worth it to me.

I've been so fucking bored lately because I have nothing to do that's not working or sleeping, and I like the IDEA of this game. I did enjoy TF2 for maybe 40 hours or so before putting it down.

I just can't seem to tell if /v/ likes this game or not, and I'm not really basing my decision on that, I'm just wondering what people feel about the pros and cons of this game.
>>
>>340004965
Why is it so cheap for you? It was 60 for me.
>>
>>340005235
That's Origins edition fuckwad.
>>
>>340005235
That's the standard edition; Origin is still $60 for me.
>>
>>340005235
60 dollars for origin version with shitty skins
40 dollars for base game
>>
>>340005235
either you are a strayan cunt or you bought the meme edition with useless skins and shit
>>
>>340005354
>>340005401
>>340005329
>>340005308
Well shit. That sucks because the game definitely is not worth $60.
>>
>>340005560
But is it worth $40?

Also, what about the longevity of this game? Is it, again, like TF2 where they'll be adding shit for a long time, or will it be dead soonish? It's a Blizzard game so I assume the first.
>>
Wait it out. When the hype is gone the real opinions will come out.
>>
File: oy vey.webm (769 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.webm
769 KB, 1280x720
>>340005235
DUMB GOY DETECTED
>>
>>340004965
its not fun, its not fun
dont buy it its not fun
its worth 20$ maybe
you will only get a week or two before you're bored out of your mind
super low skill cap
20 tick rate means no matter how fast you react you are still on par with the worst players, dont buy it its so shit dont buy it dont do it dont you dare im telling you right now not to buy it please listen to me i speak the truth do not buy it
TICK
RATE
OVERLY
CASUAL
INTO
THE TRASH
IT GOES
i had a refund nigger, shit game dont buy it
>>
>>340004965
Just watch Angry Joes review about the game.

For the records:
Skyrim 10/10
Overwatch 7/10

SEVEN OUT OF TEN
>>
>>340004965
Watch gameplay videos/streams and decide if you like the look of it.

Don't let this rotting shithole excuse for a discussion board influence your opinion of anything in any situation ever
>>
>>340004965
>I just can't seem to tell if /v/ likes this game or not, and I'm not really basing my decision on that
Yes you are.
Since you came here asking if it's worth it.
>>
It's not worth it currently. Battlefront levels of launch content, 12 maps and 2.5 game modes. No map maker, no dedicated servers, only 21 heroes, no competative mode, 20 ticrate. You are better of spending those 40 $ anywhere else.
>>
>>340005676
I've played about 5 quick games on it so far. If you're used to tf2, you'll likely be underwhelmed by how short and small the games are but the different classes do make it kind of interesting. I guess 40 is fair for what it offers but games like tf2 or dota2 offer a hell of a lot more and cost nothing.
>>
to see if its worth it or not, about how much extra money do you have most of the time
whats your usual monthly spending cash
>>
>>340006218
>>340005967
>20 ticrate

What does that mean?
>>
>>340006651
it means, condescending child on the internet who replied to two posters only one of which even made the typo, that no matter how fast you react, you still get hit, it basically removes reaction time and accuracy from the game as deciders of skill vastly lowering the skill cap to hypercasual garbage
>>
>>340006651
How often the server updates per second, which in this case is 20, which is horrible.
>>
I'm fairly interested but 40$ is too much for so little content

Also, it's shallow as fuck

Might get it at 20$
>>
>>340006072
>Eceleb beaner
>Worst tes game 10/10
Jesus I hope he didn't actually give skyrim a 10/10 when morrowind was better in every way.
>>
>>340006812
>>340006914
Oh, that does sound awful.

Fair enough, thanks for the input everyone, think I'll give this a miss until it goes on sale. I was burned by Battlefront as well (at least I got a refund on that) and this seems more of the same.

Alas. I guess I'll return to waiting for something actually good to come out.
>>
>>340006812
also

>condescending child on the internet who replied to two posters only one of which even made the typo

Jesus christ, defensive much? I wasn't trying to be 'condescending', I honestly had no idea what "tick rate" meant and I was just quoting one of them instead of both, calm your shit down.
>>
Isn't Origins edition like 50 bucks on amazon with prime?
>>
File: 1464023105548.png (299 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1464023105548.png
299 KB, 479x492
>>340006812
>it means, condescending child on the internet who replied to two posters only one of which even made the typo
You seem upset
>>
>>340004965
If you only enjoyed tf fucking 2 for 40 hours overwatch is definitely not for you considering it has less content.
>>
>>340007529
i will never calm down, i will travel from overwatch thread to overwatch thread sperging aggressively until you all go to OWG
>>
you can block me but you cant stop me janitor scum
>>
I'm just surprised Blizzard let Overwatch be completely F2P for one weekend. I think most people realized in just a day or two it's pretty shallow. Even had a console baby Call of Duty loving co-worker that said as much about it.
>>
>>340008803
Delete this
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.