[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not even casual shit reddit defends 20 tick The FUCK is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 744x1228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 744x1228
>not even casual shit reddit defends 20 tick

The FUCK is wrong with you autists?
>>
I'm so glad I'm not a tryhard autist. Don't really give a fuck about ticks or stupid tier list. Every day since release I play hour or 2 worth and have a blast. You faggots need to chill about video games.
>>
>>340001391
/r/overwatch is a bunch of casuals and social justice faggots. Fuck that place.
>>
>>340001391
>20 tick
jesus christ thats worse than CSGO and CSGO players bitched so fucking hard
>>
>>340001961
>Going to leddit
>Ever
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 736x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 736x820
>>340001961
We are one and the same
>>
>>340002181
Except when you have threads crying about MUH TOXIC COMMUNITY and people complaining fags arent nice to them when they play like retards.

Half of them talk like they never played a online game before.
>>
>>340001391
Holy shit is it really that low? why?
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 620x387
>>340002467
I dont browse reddit so i wouldnt know
>>
>>340002068
>jesus christ thats worse than CSGO
CSGO and all source games use 20 client 66 server by default.
Overwatch uses 60 client 20 server and 60:60 in ranked.
Learn what things mean.
>>
Reposting from the other dumb thread:
Source utilizes 20 client 66 server tickrates. This means that the server takes little information from the client and then updates everyone very frequently on game information. Due to this low frequency of receiving information from the client, an interpolation method is used to rollback the hitbox for the client and attempt to match it with where they see the model, as well as prediction methods of "this is where the opponent probably is". While you won't get shot around corners as often with this method, there are serious issues of hitscan weapons simply not connecting because the hitbox is separating from the model, or projectiles hitting/missing when they shouldn't because of this discrepancy.
Overwatch utilizes a 60 client 20 server tickrate. This means the client sends a lot of information to the server while the server doesn't update everyone about game information as frequently. Because of the high amount of incoming information, the server can more accurately tell you what your opponent is doing within that tick, but the low frequency of updates coming to the client necessitates a higher level of direction prediction and can cause a larger discrepancy of what clients A and B are seeing at the same time. Coupling this with Overwatch's system of ALWAYS registering a hit if it's registered on the client, things like being shot behind a wall are more frequent.
Personally I prefer the latter because while this is an obnoxious thing we'll always have to deal with because of latency, I'd rather not have my kill stolen away from me because the game couldn't fit the hitbox on the model properly.
60:60 in OW ranked will help to alleviate this, but until we figure out quantum computing or utilize input latency (lmao) it's always going to happen.
>>
>>340002870
>no source on competetive overwatch rates since it isn't out
But forreal getting hooked around corners and shit is rather annoying
>>
>>340003003
>Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH2ZPgYujQ&feature=youtu.be&t=15m35s
>But forreal getting hooked around corners and shit is rather annoying
See
>>340002956
>until we figure out quantum computing or utilize input latency (lmao) it's always going to happen.
>>
>>340001391
It's a feature, we designed it this way ;)
>>
>>340002709
Tick rate is 50ms (20/sec), which is roughly the gap between the reaction time of an average and a good player. This is literally a skill cap.
>>
File: 3ga7s.png (251 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
3ga7s.png
251 KB, 1190x906
>>340003416
>>
>>340001391
>reddit is one person
>/v/ is one person
Stop this shit
>>
>Tickrate meme
It's actually hilarious that somehow people have clung onto this as their excuse why they're bad at the game without even understanding what it means or what influence tickrate actually has on gameplay
>>
t. Shitter killed by Widowmaker continually
>>
>>340003738
>I have 50 ms better reaction time than a shit player
>I shoot first
>We both die, because both shots happened in the same tick
If you can't see that this is casual pandering, I don't know what else to say.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-01+at+08.51.45).png (17 KB, 729x447) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-01+at+08.51.45).png
17 KB, 729x447
>>340003885
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
prove it senpai
>>
>>340003175
>custom games are the same as ranked play
>>
>>340004013
This isn't even about reaction time, you could be firing an automatic weapon and miss a ludicrous number because the tick is so slow
>>
File: 1403275627147.gif (202 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
1403275627147.gif
202 KB, 336x336
>>340003738
Literally this. When an online game lags people blame lag. When overwatch lags it's "le tick do i fit in yet". It could be higher but you wouldn't notice it in any dramatic manner that would make for a greentext story.

>>340004247
I mean look at this shit. Totally oblivious.
>>
>>340004247
>M-MUH REACTION TIME IS SO GOOD
>prove it
>w-who cares

>you could be firing an automatic weapon and miss a ludicrous number because the tick is so slow
Wrong, game has a shooter first mentality. If the client registers a shot, it registers on the server too. There is no hitbox fuckery like in Source.
>>
>>340002956
>>340002870
In tf2 and cs:go, the tickrate is 66 by default.

What we refer to as client update rate in reference to overwatch, is referred to as the "snapshot rate"

>During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary.

By default, this cl_updaterate is 20.

Essentially what this means is that unless there is an official statement from blizzard claiming that their default servers really are 60:20 exactly like valve's servers, we know nothing.
>>
>>340004606
And what that means is 20 tick could be a real thing instead of a meme.
>>
>>340004762
Even if it is real it's significantly different than the "20 tick" meme that hardly understands what the fuck a tickrate is and how it isn't just "60 or 20".
>>
>>340002467

it's just people cherry picking, there are shit people on reddit just like there are shit people on 4chan

the only valid criticism of reddit is that it is a positivity circle jerk where voicing criticism or talking negatively about something that's widely popular will get you downvoted to hell
>>
>>340004314
>It could be higher but you wouldn't notice it in any dramatic manner that would make for a greentext story.
This. Demonstration videos even need to use pings of over 700 to show a significant difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0zbpPCdhGk
>>
>>340004983
If the interpolation is done well, then tickrate isnt an issue at all.

A low tickrate only highlights flaws in the interpolation. This is like how in tf2, spy is notoriously able to face stab a scout if the scout backpedals.
>>
>>340001391
Grow up.
>>
>>340005223
Also the fact that the post layout is god fucking awful
>>
>>340004447
>>340004247
this was the same problem in CSGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCe2rpN6_Q

There are tons of hit reg problems because of the tick rate
>>
>>340004606
66 is way too low for CSGO, the game is so fast paced and competitive. 102 was far superior because 66 is literally spray and pray general. Its fucking garbage and the servers ideally should be 128
>>
>>340007080
Because in CS:GO, like all source games, the hitbox is actually in a different location than where the client displays the model, so they use a system to roll it back a certain amount of time in an attempt to match them. This system isn't perfect and can cause hits to not register. A higher rate on both client and server can alleviate this, but there are diminishing returns especially when getting into higher latencies.
Overwatch doesn't have an issue with shots registering because it favors the shooter. When the hit registers on the client, the server registers a hit too.
>>
>>340007362
still has huge tickrate issues, 20 is way too low to be effectively responsive.
>>
>>340007453
I agree there's issues, but people are extremely quick to blame tickrate when their problems are most likely related to latency.
>>
>>340001391
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan

why do people even pretend that the two sites don't have most of the same fucking traffic.
>>
>>340003175
That is unfortunately only for customs and so not applicable.
>>
>>340002467
Sounds like Overwatch threads on 4chan. Fuck, you have fags in this very thread bitching about tryhards in this very thread.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.