[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should the next total war game be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: totalwar.png (630 KB, 1102x1372) Image search: [Google]
totalwar.png
630 KB, 1102x1372
What should the next total war game be?
>>
>>339992878
Total War: Auschwitz
>>
>Rome
>God Tier

Wow, way to be absolutely correct, fag.
>>
>>339992878
Just how "accessible" are the Total War games? I didn't have an interest in them before outside of the occasional WebM but Warhammer looks awesome.
>>
>>339992878
Valkyria total war, since Sega doesn't know what to fucking do with the IP themselves. At least they know that

At least they know that Azure Revolution being an action game was a terrible idea and while it's not going back to strategy, it's at least an more of an RPG now.
>>
>>339992878
Wouldn't mind an Empire 2, or just something gunpowdery but with a campaign.
>>
>>339993056
Very accessible and beginner-friendly, I'd say.

I had no prior experience with these sorts of games when I tried out the series, there is a steep but short learning curve as far as mechanics go, but you pick it up very fast.
>>
>>339993056

warhammer is a good start, they even have basic battle tutorials for each faction.
>>
>>339993253
>>339993337
Good to hear. Is there enough of a single player experience to justify a purchase or is it more of a multiplayer focused series?
>>
>Rome
>God Tier
Go back and actually play it, pls

Also Attila is easily the best game in the series, mechanically
>>
>>339992878
Total Warhammer 40k, obviously.
>>
File: laughing-man.jpg (25 KB, 420x312) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man.jpg
25 KB, 420x312
>>339994359

>Attila is easily the best game in the series
>>
>>339992878
Chinese warring states.
>>
Anything that isn't historical. Warhammer is by far the best game in the series and that's mostly because now we can have actual unit variety both visually and mechanically for the different factions.
>>
>>339994286
the single player is the meat and potatoes of the games
>>
>>339994286
multiplayer is pretty tacked-on, honestly.
>>
>>339992878
Atlantis themed
>>
>>339992878

A few years worth of expansions to Total Warhammer to expand the map to the whole world and include all factions and sub factions.
>>
>>339992878
Hyrule: Total War
;~;
>>
>>339996538

mods will do that for the most part
>>
File: 1asd.png (908 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
1asd.png
908 KB, 1024x769
Three Kingdoms: Total War

I really don't know what else CA could do other than sequels like M3 or Empire 2.
>>
>>339996664
There is literally no inter-faction distress or conflict between any of the nations in zelda besides those that ganon directly corrupts- usually destroying completely in the process.
>>
>>339992878
Switch Warhammer and Napolean and that would be accurate
>>
>>339998295
Yeah no. Warhammer is leagues better then reskinned Empire.
>>
>>339997653
There's loads left. Star Wars.(would love to play as mandalorians desu) King Arthur. Evil Genius, total war. Cowboys and Indians, total war. Game of Thrones Total War. Post Apocalypse, Total War. Super-Hero Total War.

I don't fuckin know. Cavemen, Total War (light fantasy). That would be pretty sweet actually. Generals are like promethean demi-gods. Dinosuars.
>>
>>339998801
FUCK. Atlantis: Total War. That would be fucking perfect. It's easy to think of cool ideas now that they willingly opened the fantasy box.
>>
Medieval 3, logically.
>>
>>339995437
>Europa Barbarorum/Roma Surrectum teams did this before in a historical era
>Mods that were released +-10 years ago or so
>They did it FOR FREE

there's no excuse for lame ass boring and uninspired units and factions.
>>
>>339995437
>Anything that isn't historical.

Fuck off. Pandering to fantasy nerds is the worst thing that could happen to this series. Next we will get GoT total war and normies will fuck up yet another great franchise.
>>
CA should stick to focalised and specific campaigns and drop their grand campagun model, as much as like it, since their best games (Attila, Kingdoms, Charlemagne, Emperor, Barbarian Invasion) folllow the idea of thinking small instead of dreaming big and fail miserably (Rome 2, Empire)
to. be. honest.
>>
>>339999953
How about they do it a la medieval 2+ dlc and make both, instead of fucking over people who enjoy a larger scale.
>>
>>339992878
The next one should be Bronze Age Total War, then some chink wars, then when they're back on track and realize how much DLC has harmed their brand they can do Medieval 3 with a full Eurasia map and new engine
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.