[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the last boss fight you enjoyed /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: a triumph of creative writing.jpg (19 KB, 613x357) Image search: [Google]
a triumph of creative writing.jpg
19 KB, 613x357
What's the last boss fight you enjoyed /v/
>>
File: pharaoh.png (373 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
pharaoh.png
373 KB, 800x300
One of the secret bosses in Environmental Station Alpha, True Mywah.

Also pretty much every single boss from Pharaoh Rebirth
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIrk3MrtERM
>>
Twin Princes and a bunch of others from DaS3.
>>
>>339992820
Forgot to mention, I still haven't played Planet Robobot yet but I expect that'll have at least a good final boss as Kirby games usually do.
>>
A lot of bosses from Dark Souls 3, but Dancer stood out.

>fast paced
>tense, quiet music
>character design hits all the right buttons for me on the fetishmeter
>>
Medusa from Enter The Gungeon cause she's easy as fuck

But really, Enter The Gungeon has a lot of great boss fights.
>>
>>339992136
Shadow of Yarnham.

I've been replaying Bloodborne after finishing DaS3 for the umpteenth time to see how the two measure up to eachother. My current verdict is that BB kicks the living shit out of DaS3 in everything but convenience mechanics (like DaS3's homeward bone having the option to go straight to Firelink) and a minor graphical improvement (which would mean more if DaS3 wasn't so fucking washed out and dreary to look at.) It improved on BB's cloth mechanics and has some of the best armor modelling I've ever seen in video games, with plates that remain rigid, instead of stretching like rubber across the player model (with the exception of a fairly large number of DaS1/2 armors, which seem to be literal copy-pastes with no real improvements). In addition, for all that the DaS2 defense squad blubber and squeal about "M-M-MUH BUILD VARIETY!" Bloodborne weapons are far superior to anything in DaS3 in terms of weapon feel and impact. The R1 on any given weapon in DS3 has 2 unique attacks one-handed, and 2 while two-handed. Bloodborne weapons have at least 4 when untransformed, and sometimes even more while transformed (ex. Blade of Mercy or Beast Claw) and every single weapon in Bloodborne is completely viable and fun to use, unlike the abject suffering that is DaS3's miracles/spears/caestus/claw-types, etc.

Bloodborne, ironically enough, has far more soul in it than Dark Souls 3, and it shows in just how many enemies and environments feel like the belong in Bloodborne more than Souls. It's like the folks at From made DaS3, but what they really wanted to be working on was more Bloodborne.
>>
the orphan of kos. I just beat the dancer in ds3 and have not enjoyed a single boss fight. I don't even like this game thank god I didn't pay for it.
>>
Super Shredder in TMNT
>>
Oh man i can't wait for this movie to come out, it will flop so fucking hard the sjw butthurt will be so huge and glorious
>>
The Matador fight on Nocturne (Which was months ago).

There's something about the fight and the feeling you get after beating him.
>>
File: 1464739909228.jpg (6 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
1464739909228.jpg
6 KB, 200x113
>>
File: 1463434661728.png (865 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463434661728.png
865 KB, 800x1000
Going through my first playthrough of Bloodborne and the last boss I fought was Lady Maria.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
File: dettlaff vamp.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dettlaff vamp.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
This motherfucker. The last phase felt a little bit too "video-game-y" for lack of a better word, but I liked the atmosphere, the creepy, mutated vibe of the vampire's final form, and the visuals and intensity in general. It felt like a really hard fight at the time, but looking back I kinda wanna play it again. Shame you can't replay only specific quests in Wild Hunt.
>>
File: Jergingha_Talk_Sprite.png (381 KB, 601x541) Image search: [Google]
Jergingha_Talk_Sprite.png
381 KB, 601x541
>>
>>339992136
Almost everything from DaS3
>>
>>339994528
That boss battle made me sad, I did absolute everything to avoid fighting him but I still had to in the end, I'm also pissed I couldn't avoid Anna's death.
>>
>>339994528
>Too video gamey
>On a video game

You should get a job in Bioware.
>>
It hasnt been since Devil May Cry 3.
Maybe mh4u
>>
>>339995263
I do agree, it looks pretty dumb on paper, but c'mon; pseudo-dream sequence where you have to hack up pulsating stationary blobs vaguely symbolising the enemy's health? I'm not saying it broke the atmosphere for me, I actually loved it, but it is what it is.
>>
>>339995164
I was the same actually, I even wondered if there was an ending where she didn't die. I only found out later, but guess that's for another playthrough. But honestly, fuck Dettlaff. If he just wanted to kill his ex after the betrayal it would have been more complicated for me, but he literally set a horde of nightmarish monsters on an entire city. That's not someone "over-reacting" that's heartless, monstrous terrorism.
>>
File: 1452271249537.gif (365 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1452271249537.gif
365 KB, 700x500
>>339994515
lady maria was pretty fun until i smashed
her vileblood ass into paste

living failures before her were also enjoyable
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.