[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For various reasons I'm not planning to get a console this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Nier_automata_logo2.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nier_automata_logo2.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
For various reasons I'm not planning to get a console this gen. What are the chances of Nier Automata to be released on Steam? It's a Square game right? And Square has been porting all their stuff to PC recently. I'm sort of confused, should I get my hopes up? What's holding Square back from making a PC version down the line?
>>
PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PCP PC PC CPCP PC PC PORT??????

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>339984612
Wow, you sure showed him. He should definitely buy a console now.
>>
File: PC PLEASE.jpg (767 KB, 2352x1164) Image search: [Google]
PC PLEASE.jpg
767 KB, 2352x1164
>>339984612
>>
Nobody knows. What answer do you expect beyond what you've already said?
>>
>>339984829
>For various reasons I'm not planning to get a console this gen.

For various reason, I'm not going to buy a console to play it's game this generation, but I still want to play its games, only if they come to PC.

PC PORT?

People like him are the cancer of the industry and the reason why they treat PC like a secondary platform. I personally don't give a shit if he gets a console or not, in fact I rather him miss out on games because hes an idiot.
>>
No Yoko Taro game has ever been ported to PC, faggot.
>>
>>339985048
desu why would he spend hundreds of dollars on the one game that interests him if he doesn't have to?
Shit ports aside, everything runs better on PC anyway.

That's what he's getting at.
>>
>>339984445

Would be really cool if they did, but if we get no announcement before release I'll get a shitty ps4 for the game and maybe EDF.

I'll just sell it after if nothing interesting comes by then, though I'm not happy about it.

Also this thread is hilarious - every other thread these consolefaggots whine how "pc port begging is ruining discussion threads" - now we have a thread about about PC port possibilities - and they are shitposting in it anyway.
You people need to grow up.
>>
>>339984612
Gee. No need to get mad console friend. A PC port would mean more people will be able to play it, ho is that a bad thing?
>>
>>339985379
The same could be said of dozens of Japanese games that are now on PC.

The past few years have been great for the master race.
>>
>>339986353
>A PC port would mean more people will be able to play it, ho is that a bad thing?

Yeah I sure want people who routinely derail console threads and shitpost consoles getting a game

>>339985458
>desu why would he spend hundreds of dollars on the one game that interests him if he doesn't have to?

He was dumb enough to do it with a $2500 PC considering it has zero worthwhile exclusive games all of which can run on a $100 PC so he can be dumb enough to do with with a console. Maybe he should think twice before buying Nvidia new card and instead actually get a console and support game developers by buying their games.
>>
>>339986353
And more people can fuck my girlfriend
Doesn't mean it's a good thing.
>>
>>339986684

I wish - I mean we are getting ports but the entire problem is that we are getting them with a huge fucking delay.

>>339986784
>Yeah I sure want people who routinely derail console threads and shitpost consoles getting a game

You mean like how you are doing it right now?
You hyprocritical little snot, wake the fuck up.
>>
>>339986990

>PC port thread
>>
>>339987081

Exactly, this isn't your console thread so we clearly arent derailing anything - and yet you still bitch and moan like a woman on her period.

Check for bleeding anon because you are either a girl, or you are eternally butthurt.
>>
>>339986684
Since the port is so inevitable and all maybe you can stop shitposting about it
>>
>>339986784
>PC costs $2500

Nigga you're so ignorant. A $400 PC completely blows the fuck out of the PS4. PC is simplya and objectively better and I'm not even trying to shitpost, this is a simple fact you sony fanboys should have integrated by now, but no, you gotta buy the shit subpar overpriced pc and ruin video games for everyone. How fucking great
>>
At E3 last year the producer of the game corrected an interviewer when he said that Automata was PS4 exclusive, but didn't specify anything beyond that.
>>
>>339987242
>A $400 PC completely blows the fuck out of the PS4
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>339986990
That's not a problem. If you wanted to play a game you could have years ago. If you didn't, you now can play it for free or cheaper than it was.

>>339987237
t. mad cuck
>>
>>339987242
You are the reason why nobody wants you to get games. I'm so fucking happy publishers cuck your platform and terat you like second class citizens. The fact that your eyes light up at senran kagura ports truly demonstrates how desperate and shitty PC gaming is.

Keep missing out on games you fool
>>
>>339987327

They confirmed several times now that its coming to PS4 only - but only because there are no plans for anything else yet.

>>339987389

It IS a problem.
Ending up buying on console because they wait 6-12 months to announce a port burns me quite hard.

If the end result is that it'll be available on both - then I'd always rather play it on PC, and I wouldn't even mind waiting for it - but I'd need to atleast KNOW that there will be one.
>>
>>339987331
Because the truth would hurt your fragile ego. A $400 PC does btfo a PS4 and will continue to do as GPUs become more efficient
>>
>>339986784
Yeah, you definitely don't have a PC. It's ok, you'll be able to afford one eventually.
>>
>>339984445
Odds are fair, but not excellent.

Sony has no money tied up in this, so unlike Nioh or Bloodborne this game doesn't have an actual exclusivity contract or whatever, it just happens to be in development for PS4.

Squeenix is definitely in the business of porting their games to PC lately. And, unlike past Yoko Taro games, this game is being developed (at a code/asset level) at Platinum, and whatever engine they're running is already 100% capable of PC port releases.

So the only thing stopping the game from coming to PC is Squeenix saying "no, we won't release it".

So what I'd say, at the moment, is "the game will probably eventually get a PC port unless the console version is such a monstrous flop that Squeenix drops the project and doesn't want to invest any more development money getting a port finalized".
>>
File: oppw3 2016-03-06 02-47-50-32 .jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
oppw3 2016-03-06 02-47-50-32 .jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
>>339987454
t. person with objectively less video games to play than the master race

>>339987567
Buying a console before the generation is ending burns you hard period, only idiots or poorfags do that. It's always been like this.
>>
>>339987567
They specifically do that so you'll be impatient and then double dip later.
>>
File: 1462715394369.png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1462715394369.png
205 KB, 420x426
>>339987454
Good job at proving my point. But please keep going, keep defending your stupidity, you are so bad you actually made me post shitpost king wojack shit shit. You should be ashamed of your fanboyism. Nigger.
>>
>>339987567
>Ending up buying on console because they wait 6-12 months to announce a port burns me quite hard.
>but I'd need to atleast KNOW that there will be one.

Your entitlement is an example of why they don't tell you. You might prefer gaming on a PC but PC gaming is destroying the industry and the only platforms that matter being consoles. You don't deserve to know even though it would be more convenient to you, you dont realize your platform is the literal cancer of the industry killing consoles and when consoles are finally killed, these games and publishers and those very third party developers will go down with consoles and cease to exist.

Deal with it you faggot. Your platform is cancerous, that's why you're treated like a piece of shit.
>>
I plan on spoiling all you pc secondaries if Automata ever gets ported
>>
>>339987729

Obviously and I bought all last gen that way, but sometimes you allow yourself to be a fan of a game and actually want it ASAP, this practice really fucks with that.

>>339987749

I'm aware of the layered reasoning behind it, but I'm not okay with it.

>>339987829

Would be very hard to take that post seriously anon and its 2 AM here, maybe someone else will bite on that shit.
>>
>>339987865
What makes you think they don't own last gen consoles? They're only secondaries if they're playing Automata first.
>>
>>339987937
Its really quite mind blowing how you don't even realize how PC gaming is affecting the industry. I guess we can all bury our heads in the sand though. I mean i can see how wanting better performance doesn't necessarily equate to you killing the industry but to be ignorant about how your platform in general is killing consoles is really just quite sad.
>>
>>339987865
>spoiling
I can already tell you what happens.

It turns out you ARE the war robots that ran humanity off earth. You were built to protect humanity, your programming went all Technological-Singularity haywire, you turned on humans, and they built the legions of cheap-ass disposable bots you're fighting to stop YOU, not the reverse.

That's why 2B and 9S wear bandanas, to hide that they have the same red-dot eyes as the enemy characters.

Also A2 isn't a robot, she's a human survivor with cybernetic enhancements.

Taro's "happy ending" is that you die, which means humanity wins and reclaims Earth

There, we got the "plot" out of the way, 100:1 odds I'm wrong on that and you know it. Now let's all focus on the combat, which will be the only reason the game is beloved.
>>
>>339988173
Of course it's killing consoles, because it's better.

That's not bad for videogames, just for console manufacturers.
>>
>>339987937
A smart fan waits.
>>
>>339984445
>What are the chances of Nier Automata to be released on Steam?

100%

these days it costs like $20k to port something to console, while a AA game like N:A merely existing on steam will represent a 10m or so profit minimum
>>
>>339988352

Waits for what?
An uncertain future?
>>
>>339988483
And/or a significantly cheaper buy.

Hell, there are games I wait years to emulate.
>>
>PC secondaries and sonyggers fighting about who's poorer

lmao nerds, get a job. Calling yourself masterrace while having to wait a year or two until other people finish playing a game so you can enjoy their slopy seconds or not being able to play the game once again when it gets ported to PC at glorious 4k / 144fps is the sign of a true peasant.
>>
>>339988440
It costs like $9.95 to port a Platinum game to Steam, their house engine is already capable of Windows packaging.

Seriously, the cost of a port has to do with the cost of converting potentially hardware-specific code to other hardware-specific code, if a studio runs a house engine that can do PC (which we all know it can thanks to MGR, Korra, TfD, and TMNT) it's a simple matter of clicking a button and waiting for the code to compile.

If it doesn't come to PC it's a marketing choice, not a technical-cost one.
>>
>>339988224
>Talking about the game in a PC port thread.

>>339988340
>That's not bad for videogames, just for console manufacturers.

It's bad for the entire industry, publishers, third party developers, etc. Square Enix for example would cease to exist without consoles, many franchises fans are on consoles and theres not enough people on PC to keep them alive if consoles go.

Consoles serve as a balance to manage and regulate the industry between all these parties and interests, it's not the best model but the industry dies when it goes to PC period and if you're openly supporting that it you're an idiot and your hardware bias has clouded your judgement. Good hardware will never buy good games, always realize this.
>>
>>339988440
>these days it costs like $20k to port something to console
this is the most baseless thing I've read all year
>>
>>339988617

Right, well I'd rather not kill the last passion I have in favor of better deals

I honestly don't mind the money, I do mind the inferior quality and thus experience.

But waiting for something that may never happen is bad.
>>
>>339988758
>many franchises fans are on consoles and theres not enough people on PC to keep them alive if consoles go.
Do you really believe that if consoles stop getting manufactured, all the people playing them will just give up videogames forever?

Come on.

When a console dies its playerbase migrates to the platforms that remain. If all consoles die, then the players all migrate to handheld or PC, they don't just quit the hobby forever.
>>
File: exclusives.jpg (1 MB, 964x3449) Image search: [Google]
exclusives.jpg
1 MB, 964x3449
>>339988779
Again, smart fans wait.

You're just an idiot.

>>339988758
The reason games are being ported to PC is because consolefags are not buying most of them.
>>
>>339988776
shh
>>
>>339988971

And you are a cocksucking faggot, be smart about that if you have no understanding of what I just said you shtihead.
>>
>>339989073
>now he's mad I'm right
>>
>>339989127

I'm mad I bothered to reply to a faggot whos entire point was to say that
>uhm smarter and better than you

ie. the average /v/irgin newfag
>>
>>339988971
>The reason games are being ported to PC is because consolefags are not buying most of them.

Because PC and Mobile games has fractured their installbases but the consequence of this is when PC fully eclipses consoles that everything pretty much dies after that point. You're supporting it.

Console users still buy more games at rpp than PC users, it's the reason why SE is spending this first and second half optimizing FFXV for consoles instead of PC where the game will only move something like 200k units because PC users are more concerned about cheap f2p moba gaming
>>
I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE, but it could takes months or years.
>>
File: 1458932452189.jpg (57 KB, 595x683) Image search: [Google]
1458932452189.jpg
57 KB, 595x683
>>339986353
PCfags means shitty community, you just have to look at Soulfags to realize that.
>>
>PCfags constantly say there's no reason to get a console because no worthwhile exclusives
>Console exclusive gets announced
>PC PORT? PORT? PC PC PC WHEN? PC PORT WHEN? PLS
>>
>>339989339
>Because PC and Mobile games has fractured their installbases
>meanwhile there are 3 different consoles with like 5 exclusives each, but that's not a fractured install base

Windows is like 90% of the Steam market share, it's a FAR less fractured installbase than consoles.
>>
>>339984445
>What are the chances of Nier Automata to be released on Steam?

hopefully never. Any game that gets ported to the PC will have its community ruined by shitposters
>>
>>339989339
That's a baseless statement. PC gaming software and hardware makes more money the all the consoles combined.

>he unironically thinks FFXV's main platform isn't PC
>when it's been downgraded and runs like shit on consoles
lmao
>>
>>339989339

Unreasonable, what you are whining about is companies profit margins going from 4000% down to something reasonable.

I'll always like CDPR for the simple fact that they are the ultimate proof of how wrong you are.
A company that made itself such a business, DRM free, completely aware that 90% of the people pirate their shit.

It proves that despite "how terrible and crippling PC is and is destroying gaming" - they turned profit, made good business with good ethics, and now taken it beyond what murrican AAA companies do.

Consoles are easy money and extremely high profit margins - but NEARLY NONE OF THAT PROFIT GETS REINVESTED.
>>
>>339986684
Correlation and causation.
>>
>>339989617
This to be honest. Seen it happen to too many good games.
PC gaming culture is like a spoiled 9 year old millennial with a superiority complex.
>>
>>339989617
>waifu pandering
>dick praising
>play it/read the LP discussions
>threads kept alive by imagedumpers
don't worry, this game's community has already plenty of them
>>
>>339989618
>PC gaming software

This is false for every publisher and SCE as a subsidiary of sony makes more money than valve.

Hardware? Get the fuck out here, retard. You bi-annually upgrade your GPUs and CPUs, of course
>>
>>339989845
It's objectively true and there's loads of proof waiting for you on google.

Stay mad kiddo.
>>
>>339989907
Oh right, you're inflating it again with MOBAs, MMOs and chinese tencent crap again. Let's talk about real games, shall we?
>>
>>339989829
No one likes you pc fags and we don't want you. Stay out.
>>
>>339989678

You do realize CDPR literally stated that without consoles, Witcher 3 wouldn't exist, right?

What about all the other independent PC developers who were around in 2000's who since went bankrupt because PC users wouldnt buy their games enabled further by the rise of greenlight/early access gaming?
>>
>>339987568
no u fucking nerd pc games are unoptimized trash you 700$ at least for playability.
>>
PC version announced.
Community ruined.
>>
>>339990045
>he's right, better damage control
>>
Probably not likely to see a pc port until later after the PS4 version is out for a while. Assuming they even port it, I'd like to see NieR get a port too, Pcfriends would be missing out without it.

>tfw own both a PC and a PS4 along other platforms
Don't you faggots ever get sick of console war shit?
>>
>>339990107
Truth. We never talked about platforms before the PC announcement. The same with senran kagura, now we talk about performance, specs, comparing screenshots of different settings etc

Pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>339989618
Even if FFXV is developed on PC
PCcucks still have to beg for a PC release
It doesnt matter how well games run on PC when youre a literal afterthought of developers
Its pathetic
>>
>>339990061
CDPR only said that as damage control for their downgrade. Did you even read the article?
>>
>>339989845
Valve is literally just a storefront at this point, to compare them to a console manufacturer / game publisher is WILDLY mismatching scope
>>
>>339990107
Sweet.
>>
>>339990246
Yes, but I also don't want PConly fags ruining my games communities.
>>
Fuck off PCfags

You ruined Dark Souls and Senran Kagura
>>
>>339990061

Doesn't matter, the current situation forces the hand of devs beyond a certain budget point - but they prove that you turn a profit on PC even without always online, without DRM without insanity level marketing.

With that proven - we know that without consoles, PC would be a flourishing market because once more people are on the platform as their main one the money they "needed" from consoles would still be there.
No devs are entitled to their success, if they flopped their was a reason for it.

Early Access is a terrible practice but I find it irrelevant to this discussion, thats new age valve-cancer.
>>
File: 1410027494165.gif (198 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1410027494165.gif
198 KB, 360x360
>>339990287
>Even if FFXV is developed on PC
he doesn't know
>>
>>339989618
>PC gaming software and hardware makes more money the all the consoles combined.

Mobiles make even more, dose that mean its a good gaming platform that didn't kill traditional and arguably higher quality handheld gaming?

PC users fucking always, always have this idea that quantity is better than quality. There's this fundamental and fucking crucial idea that PC users just fail to understand and comprehend and I don't know why but it always happens.
>>
>>339990325
Except pcucks claim they have 100 million users, vs sony's 20-35 being generous
>>
>>339990350
NieR is by no means "mainstream" enough to garner attention and has always had a well maintained community within Drakengard threads as well. Even if they "ruin your community", those threads still happen with actual talk and discussion, and will continue to do so. As far as I can tell, Automata will be single player anyway so it's not like you have to interact with other PC players.
>>
>>339990107
You deserve it, exclusives are the cancer of the industry
>>
>>339990394
Can you read?
>>
>>339990415
>time to deflect after he caught my damage control!!
>>
>>339990283
That's because we never TALKED about it before.

All 38 people on /v/ who played those games suddenly got flooded with hundreds of new users since /v/ is mostly a PC-playing demographic, of course obnoxious fucks ride along.

But this is an effect of popularity; I've never ever EVER seen a Bloodborne thread that wasn't 100% shitposting.

That's just how it works. The more of /v/ playing it and talking about it, the more the odds of threads devolving into shitposting approaches 1
>>
>>339990287
Lol what an idiot.
>>
>>339990383
>without insanity level marketing.

Please come back to reality, Witcher 3's marketing budget was something in the millions. Witcher 3's success is because they consolized the entirestrategy and approach to the game and its marketing and thats what worked. They literally stated it wouldnt have happened without consoles. If Witcher 3 remained a PC exclusive there is not a chance in hell it would be what it is now
>>
>>339990508

Automata is a clear push for the mainstream though - not that it matters, the people who already whine about "pcfags ruining my discussion" are actually the very people ruining that discussion anyway.
>>
>>339990578
man... zero escape has been popular. It's old news by now so of course
>>
>>339990513
Nah
Pc users don't deserve games.
They don't support developers and would rather pirate.
And if they do buy games it's not until it's 75% off
Oh but "i-ill buy it if I like it"
>>
>>339990664

You seem to have problems understanding the post, please re-read it a few times.
I said that it had to be that way because they pushed for it - if the console consumerbase were on PC, and it would be PC exclusive - there wouldn't have been any problem releasing the game with the marketing and budget that they used now.
>>
>>339990508
The threads have already had a noticeable drop in quality because of Platimeme.
>>
>>339990681
>the people who already whine about "pcfags ruining my discussion" are actually the very people ruining that discussion anyway.
PCfag detected.

Why don't you fags go shit up my Demon's Souls threads some more.
>>
>>339990925

Thanks for underlining my point.
>>
>>339990831
>Kainefags begging for bulge on 2B
>Platdrones
>Port beggars
>Console war shitters (both sides)
>Drakengard still plays like shit

This is some meta level despair, thanks Taro.
>>
>>339990925
nah kill yourself
>>
>>339990964
Rev up those petitions.
>>
>ps4 has no le games xD
>Fucking weebshit console no games
>Please please please port this game to pc
Every time
Fucking hypocrites fuck off and die
>>
>>339990985
>Kainefags begging for bulge on 2B

invalid complaint, Nier threads were always fun and they were always full about Kainé's dick.
>>
File: crying valvedrone.jpg (207 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
crying valvedrone.jpg
207 KB, 920x900
>>
>>339991060

rev up those regurgitated memes you learned on /v/ in the last 6 months
>>
>>339984445

I'm in the same boat really enjoyed nier on my xbox360 but damn fuck the ps4 it can't even play ps3.ps2 and ps1 games, what the fuck is this shit

yeah I really hope so
>>
>>339991062
You mean that one game bloodborne?
>>
>>339991201
kek

Maybe I'll make a petition to get some new PC memes then.
>>
>>339990831
>Nier was great! Except the combat wasn't good
>hire a studio renowned for making good combat systems to punch it up
>by all measures, they succeed
>WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE COMBAT WAAH

If you want a Nier game with shit combat go play Nier. If you want a Nier game with good combat, expect people to show up to talk about the combat.

Goddamn.
>>
>>339991096
Yeah, but anything gets tiresome after seeing thread after thread within minutes on reveal. I mostly blame futafags, they ruined /d/ and forced their shit into Nier threads when Kaine was perfectly reasonable to sperg over in moderation
>>
>>339991283

I'm sure you can spam one enough to get a new one

Again
>>
>>339991315
>Implying the people in the threads are talking about the combat

L O L
O
L
>>
>>339991315
It's not even about the combat at that point, it's more about the developers/studio behind it. Platdrones are obnoxious, go look at mustards after the MG:R port
>>
>>339991341

/v/ is just a lot more into talking about penises these days than games, I don't think its the fault of any particular group

dicks are just more interesting than what /v/ has to say
>>
>>339990578
>I've never ever EVER seen a Bloodborne thread that wasn't 100% shitposting
Because Bloodborne is only on Ps4, so PCcucks have to ruin those threads.
Soulfags are the worst since Dark Souls is on PC, DeS and DS community was fucking great before that.
>>
File: 1464775911379.jpg (17 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1464775911379.jpg
17 KB, 429x399
PC gaming to console gaming is basically the exact same thing Mobile gaming is to handheld gaming, I don't know why we need to allow PC gaming to kill console gaming before we realize that it's a problem.

PC gaming is the exact same shit as mobile gaming

>huge installbase
>overpriced hardware
>zero quality control
>constantly pushing for cheaper and lower price margins
>market is filled with literal shovelware
>so much shovelware it completely overshadows and submerges good quality software
>hardware manufactures make billions yet refuse to invest in the platform with quality software
>killed tradditional handheld gaming and replaced it with a garbage platform

Same fucking shit.
>>
>>339990681
Why should we let PCfags ruin all the discussion? Isn't it fair that since we get to play it first, that we also get to ruin the community? Better than waiting for
>2016
>playing on a console
>Lol don't you know you can get a 4k 120fps gaming pc for the price of a PS4 no of course I'm not going to explain how that is possible :^)
>hey guys it doesn't work, what do?
>where am pirate at?
>ugh look at those disgusting textures you console pleb, don't ever reply to me or my thread ever again
>angryps4wojak.jpg
>haha this game was complete weaboo filler pandering trash until it was announced for PC, now it's good.
>>
File: crying master race.png (326 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
crying master race.png
326 KB, 1000x750
>>
>>339991380
Well, not THIS thread, since it's just about the port potential.

But I for one have been there since the goddamn concert footage, doing my best to break down and discuss all the interesting stuff they've showcased and what it might say about the depth of the combat system.

Even when everyone else was just THIGHSposting over 2B's stocking band squeeze over and over
>>
File: 1438899726155.jpg (105 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1438899726155.jpg
105 KB, 900x600
reminder that if someone actually wants to have a discussion about the games they'll make a drakengard thread since it's more low profile
>>
>>339991315

Nothing like that, I'm sure most Nier fans are happy about Platinum handling combat - but they do have an unreasonable, vocal fanbase who will be unable to put their faggotry aside and accept that platinum is just being used here as a tool to reach easy, viable combat - and not some exceptional combat-holy-grail that platinum supposedly makes
>>
File: 1449178799290.gif (1021 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1449178799290.gif
1021 KB, 500x484
>>339990508
>actual talk and discussion
>>
>>339989423

wtf do you care, when you play the ps4 version you're locked to the ps4 community anyway

also

>single player
>community

granted dark souls is a special case since invading and defending makes a part in the games experience, but for nier who gives a shit about the community, I want to fucking play it no be ''social'', fuck that
>>
>>339991612
I want to play Drakengard 3 but my ps3 doesn't have enough room for the Japanese voice pack, it's like 10gb what the actual fuck?
>>
File: kdu77.jpg (104 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
kdu77.jpg
104 KB, 960x714
>>339991541

>if these people are behaving like shitters than I should be a shitter too!

Yes, that leads us to a brighter tomorrow.
Its okay anon, I was that young once too.
>>
File: 1427703577201.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1427703577201.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>339991612
I haven't seen you fuckers around in months. I thought you guys died off.
>>
>>339991753

Ffffuck, now I just realized that was that huge .pkg file I deleted yesterday off my PC, it was pretty hard to find too...
>>
>>339991637
Have you watched the footage?

Plat is doing really interesting stuff with the combat. Much more so, at least evidently, than was done with, say, MGR.

Especially with the bullet-hell elements making a comeback, which is great
>>
>>339991574
The majority of platinumdrones don't talk about the combat.

>>339991641
>wtf do you care, when you play the ps4 version you're locked to the ps4 community anyway
>Being retarded.

>but for nier who gives a shit about the community
Fuck off and stay out of my Yoko Taro threads.
>>
>>339991843
Outside of the bullet hell segments it just looks like they've ripped risings combat and pasted it in
>>
>>339991761
Man, I've been here for nearly 10 years. I'm tired man. Tired of fighting back. It's over. Let's just lay down and go to sleep in this bed of shit and forced memes.
>>
>>339991843

I did - and it seems like they are taking good care of keeping it Nier, and it looks fun - but its not the combat that made Nier great, so I doubt it would be the main focus now, but that is how they treat it.
>>
>>339992029

I doubt your word, I've been here longer than a decade and joining into the shitter-swarm is the last thing I want to do, so unless you started coming here at 10 I just don't believe you.

And if you did come here at 10 then I still just want you to leave, grow up and then come back.
>>
File: racistfuck.png (60 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
racistfuck.png
60 KB, 300x300
>>339991753
>>339991837
Yeah, it's fucking huge. English dubs aren't so bad if you can't make some space for it or don't want to download it again.

>>339991773
I don't think people will give up. We always had shitposters, people have been good at avoiding them back then. I think it'll be fine in the end.
>>
>>339991753

Then just play with the English dub.
>>
Portbegging (or ports in general) just brings up shitposting from all sides. Earlier there was stranger in sword city thread with the op saying how the vita lost another exclusive dispute it not being exclusive in the first place. I've seen some faggots shit up P5 threads with portbegging and even some admit that they don't care about the game but just want to use a port to shit on sonyggers. The same happened when people wanted it to be a wii u exclusive,

Dark Souls community was ruined by bamco's shitty marketing and those youtube faggots.
>>
>>339991942
Not at all, anon.

It looks like they're running the MGR animation framework a little bit, the anims and particles are very MGR remniscient, which is I assume the result of trying to do photorealistic-style rendering in a Plat game

But the combat doesn't look anything like MGR. For one, it's dodge-centric rather than parry-centric. For two, heavy aim-based elements with the pod. For three, the two-sword magnet system evidently lets you use your secondary weapon while performing toss/lev attacks with the primary. Four, the game uses forced-camera perspective to adjust aim mechanics, with top-down and side-on twinstick aiming during certain segments. Five, the game APPEARS (tough to say) to employ a chaining mechanic where the explosion of one enemy takes out others nearby, and the player has access to punts and other finishers that knock enemies into crowds of other enemies

Six, obviously, the bullet hell elements.

Plus this game has a much stronger air game than MGR, with actual launchers and juggles, and the ability to glide / DJ with the pod.
>>
>>339989423
All video game communities are shit. If it's not PCfags begging for games that will never get PC ports, it's consolefags begging for Fallout 4 mods that aren't compatible with consoles
>>
>>339991914

>that level of retardation

I'm sorry for even trying to have a conversation with you

what a nigger
>>
>>339992065
>but its not the combat that made Nier great
Yeah, because the combat was bad. Of course it's not remembered for its weakest element. Does that mean that it can't be a strong, stand-out element in N:A?
>>
>>339992542
>I'm fucking dumb and don't understand how communities work.
>>
File: 1447212901651.jpg (70 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
1447212901651.jpg
70 KB, 426x640
>yfw you thought it was a Nier thread but it's just shitposting and port-begging
>>
>>339989617
>Any game that gets ported to the PC will have its community ruined by shitposters

Yeah, Bloodborne's community sure is great with it's epic "NEVER EVER" meme.
>>
Why can we admit its a bad thing when Mobile Gaming kills handheld gaming and in place is now a garage platform but when PC gaming is killing console gaming and doing the exact same shit that it's a good thing?
>>
File: 1464992327409.jpg (125 KB, 1375x749) Image search: [Google]
1464992327409.jpg
125 KB, 1375x749
>>
>>339992590

No, it could be - but I certainly would prefer if such judgements would wait until the game is here - yet instead we get "all platinum game" discussion in every thread.

And I personally hope it is not given such focus.
>>
>>339992743
>>Yeah, Bloodborne's community sure is great with it's epic "NEVER EVER" meme.

So you don't actually browse BB threads. Good to know. I've participated in 10 threads in the last few days and its just been fans sharing their love for the game
>>
>>339992150
Nah, I came here when 4chan raided Subeta. I'm 25 now... that's like 8 years I think? Close enough to 10. I don't really care if you believe me, there isn't really any way to prove to you that I'm telling the truth.
I'm just drunk and depressed now. Why fucking bother trying to make quality posts when they just ignored for memeing and shitposting? It's easier just to go along with, this place died a long time ago.
>>
>>339992773
I hope it is, but hey, I'm here for Plat, not Taro. If the story / atmosphere / music are as excellent as Nier's were, great, but I don't experience games, I PLAY them, and it's the gameplay I want to talk about most.

The point is, if the game DOES have excellent combat, you ought to expect people to talk about it a lot. Platinum or not, people talk about the core gameplay experience if it's got a lot of depth and complexity. Look at any Souls thread.
>>
File: GTAVmaymayface.jpg (70 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
GTAVmaymayface.jpg
70 KB, 330x319
>>339984445

100%

Square and SE have proven time and time again they give zero fucks about platform exclusivity.

Not convinced? Let me prove it will come to PC with consolefag opinions/predictions.

Final Fantasy 9 = NEVER EVER because it was never originally ported to PC back in the day
Final Fantasy 10 = NEVER EVER because the remaster has Sony money tied into it (or so said consolefags)

So now, PC has every single main line Final Fantasy game released so far except FF12, which if FF10 came over, it is only a matter of time before FF12 does.

Even fucking FF7 Remake is already confirmed not exclusive by Sony themselves.

And YET, despite ALL of these facts and evidence, delusion consolebabies think that FF15 will remain a console exclusive. Factor in the particular case of FF15's extremely long 15ish year dev cycle and thus the consequential required number of sales SE needs to make money back/a profit on FF15, and it is 100% for sure going to be on PC as well.

Hell, even with PS4 + PC release, I really doubt they will be able to make all their money back on that dev cycle for FF15, and yet somehow consolefags KNOW it will NEVER EVER come to PC.

Specifically for Nier:Automata, it has never been said that it will only ever be for PS4 and nothing else.

And even if they did say exclusive, exclusive in the current year 2016 only means exclusive for a little while (aka timed exclusive). This has been the case for everything now except for 1st party stuff, which SE isn't 1st party.
>>
I hope Platinum doesn't ruin it with fucking 'stages with a ranking from F to S based on time, damage taken, combo, etc'
A whole lot of Platinum games feature that gameplay design.
>>
File: 1462817967805.jpg (37 KB, 666x527) Image search: [Google]
1462817967805.jpg
37 KB, 666x527
So someone explain why a game getting ported to PC would be bad?
More players is always better obviously
>>
>>339991539
Don't forget

>the only games that make a profit are microtransactions-ridden f2p garbage
>actual core games sell fuckall when compared to consoles
>>
>>339992873

Do you enjoy "going along with it"?
Because then simply - you are part of the problem.

The only way to make things better is to lead by example.
Never would imply that it would work - but being sad about or complaining about the behavior I indulge in would be extremely hypocritical.
>>
File: 1459275109884.png (229 KB, 357x415) Image search: [Google]
1459275109884.png
229 KB, 357x415
>>339992539
>>339991641
>who gives a shit about the community, I want to fucking play it no be ''social''
>All video game communities are shit
That's how you detect PCfags, they don't even know what a good community is.
>>
>>339993082
FF12 will probably come to PC when they finish remastering it.
>>
>>339993115
I'm pretty sure that every Platinum game does.

I would expect, at the very least, for encounters to be ranked, probably with experience points (or whatever) awared on a scale based on rank, since that's how Plat games always work. Perform well, get your upgrades/unlocks sooner.
>>
File: hot rape.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
hot rape.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>"I don't want to get a PS4"
>fanboys blow a gasket
>>
>>339993052

Again - I have 0 problems with that, talk about the gameplay.

But to come into a Nier thread before we even seen any gameplay, and sperg out about platinum and their older games and which is good and which is not - is a fucking disgrace.
And that is all that has happened when the game was announced.
Just because the same developer is involved doesn't give a free pass to talk about absolutely unrelated shit in a sperg like manner in these threads.
>>
>>339993181
Yes, I am part of the problem. I don't really enjoy it, but I don't hate it either. I just feel empty inside dude, it is what it is.
>>
File: 1451056561806.jpg (112 KB, 401x417) Image search: [Google]
1451056561806.jpg
112 KB, 401x417
>>339990283

>it's PC community's fault that I play video games on inferior hardware

top kek

>people that prove to me that I am legitimately in an inferior position are c-cancer!!!!1

double kek
>>
>>339993390

>I don't want to get a PS4, the platform that is actually getting games I want to play but I don't want to get a PS4 or support the franchise or developer despite the fact that all of the earlier games have been exclusives to Playstation, I want this came to come to me and MY platform and I don't want to get a PS4 to play the game I want to play

PC cucks are cancer
>>
>>339993420
>before we even seen any gameplay
But we have. We've seen quite a bit. The first trailer (not the announce teaser) was like 100% combat. There was the 30 minutes of combat footage from the Concert.

Really, combat is about the only aspect of the gameplay we HAVE seen; not a single NPC, town, quest, piece of dialogue, item, fishing pole or drifting boar has yet been shown. All we have to discuss is the combat and the character designs, so of COURSE the combat will get a lot of focus.

And, of course people will compare it to the prior work of the studio, just as I'm sure you'd compare any news of the narrative with Taro's previous work, or how the soundtrack is being compared to the Nier 1 soundtrack, etc.
>>
>>339993576

Then feel that way when you get told that you are cancer bitch, its no skin off my teeth either way.
>>
>>339993683

Did you just kind of ignore
>And that is all that has happened when the game was announced.

this line so you could make an answer?
>>
>>339993678
>the platform that is actually getting games I want to play
>games
*game
>>
>>339993649
Who cares about performance, I want to look at pictures of titty ninjas and argue about who is the best waifu. Spoilers, it's Katsuragi
>>
>>339993678
I'll still preorder a physical copy of the game even if I don't buy a PS4 by that time. Don't know what you are on about.
>>
>>339993245
>they don't even know what a good community is.

I play both PC games and console games (I would probably get NieR for the PS4, as my outdated computer wouldn't be able to handle it), and both PC and console communities are pretty shitty. desu I'm getting fed up of consolefags these days acting like they do no wrong, and that the "EVIL MUSTARD RACE" is out to get them.
>>
>>339993649
Protip, no one actually cares about where you play. You however consistently never talk about the game but your performance and spec settings, things that aren't relevant and you're notorious circlejerkers
>>
>>339993678
>buying on PC means you can't support the franchise or developer
>it's bad to want to have a game on a system you already own instead of overpaying for a new console that's about to get an update that should have been there in the first place anyway
Why are sonyponies so stupid?
>>
>>339993697
Okay.
>>
>>339984445
Zero. None. Now kill yourself fucking pcuck beggar
>>
>>339993956
>buying
>on PC

Games on sale don't count because I said so :^)
>>
>>339984445
Japanese games = PS4
Western games = PC
>>
>>339994119
>Implying consoles don't have sales

They literally give away games for free with PlayStation +.
>>
>>339993956
>>it's bad to want to have a game on a system you already own instead of overpaying for a new console

Price per spec is objectively cheaper on console. If you want to talk about overpaying on redundant platforms that dont even get enough games top justify its hadrware or price, that's PC gaming, yet its the holy grail in your eyes.
>>
>>339994261
If only anything they gave away was actually good.
>>
>>339994306

What kind of retarded reasoning is this?
I can't believe I'm reading this stupid shit.
>>
>>339994048
>someone asks if a game could come out on PC
>PS4 user tells him to fucking kill themselves
kek, why are you so defensive over your exclusives
>>
>>339993956
>buying on PC means you can't support the franchise or developer
Why can't you buy the platform to play the games you want to play on then? It's because you got brainwashed by PC masterrace
>>
>>339994306
>Price per spec is objectively cheaper on console.
Proof?
>dont even get enough games top justify its hadrware or price
What price is that?
>>
>>339993807
When the game was first announced, it was literally
>Platinum Games
>Keiichi Okabe
>Akihiko Yoshida
>Yoko Taro
>NieR

and everyone shit their goddamn pants.

Don't act like Plat fans were the only ones sperging out, everyone went into speculation overhype about the original composer returning (and the quality of the original soundtrack), the original writer returning (and the circlejerk over the story of all the Drakengard series games) and even the character designer (given his then-fame with Bravely Default, and YES those comparisons were drawn).

Everyone was in full-on dream team speculation mode.

Then we got combat footage, and we talked about it.

Then we got more combat footage, and some character data, and we talked about both.

When we got a new theme song, we all compared J'Nique Nicole to Emi Evans

I feel like you're singleing out "Platdrones" because combat is the one part of the conversation that doesn't interest you, not because it's disproportionally loud or stupid
>>
>>339994401
>why don't you want to overpay for another platform to play one game?
Again, why are sonyponies so stupid?
It's like the concept of basic logic is lost upon them.
>>
>>339994119
Neither buying used games :^}
>>
>>339984445
Second hand PS4s will be 200$ or less by next year. Quit being a phaggot and just buy one then. Why do all these HARDxCORE gamers HAVE to play a game the fucking second it comes out and then drop it within 5 days and shitpost about it? What is the point of this fucking thread besides OP being a complete piece of trash?
>>
>>339994579
Platinum has literally made one good game and everyone acts like they're fucking flawless
>>
>>339994717
Wonder how much the Neo will be by then.
>>
File: Uncharted 4.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>339994393
>>339994459

>What kind of retarded reasoning is this?

Price per spec is objectively cheaper on console. What is so hard to understand about that? It's fact. You talk about overpaying for hardware yet you probably have a $1000 rig yet have zero native PC games that even take advantage of the hardware.

Show me a definitive $300 PC that pushes the same level of graphical fidelity or even performance that runs on a PS4.
>>
>>339994579

It was dispropotionally loud and stupid on release, all we fucking had is them talking shit about it, and as you say - when we were all trying to speculate and shit, having people discuss MGR and bayonetta all fucking day was a bummer.

They were loud, obnoxious and couldn't shut the fuck up for a moment despite we not having ANY fucking footage at all.

The most hilarious thing about it is that when we did get all the new footage they barely made any noise and much less actual combat discussion relative to the other games like you'd suggest.

So yes, I fucking hate the behavior they made then because they just sperged out
>ppppplatinum
and nothing of objective worth was said in relation to Nier.

The entire PC thing is coming from them and MGR too.
>>
>tfw it's 2:20 am and I'm lurking a dumb console war thread that's just making me hate both sides
>>
>>339994873
Probably 650$. They'll start out at 800$ but they will go into panic mode when literally no one buys one and start giving them away for 650$ with a second controller and a game. And a camera. And maybe a VR set.
>>
>>339994917
>Price per spec is objectively cheaper on console. What is so hard to understand about that? It's fact.
Then you have the proof to back it up.
>yet have zero native PC games that even take advantage of the hardware.
Maybe none that you specifically want to play.
>>
>>339994917

>PC plays everything up to its specs - you can decide the specs yourself
>console, plays only the games they choose to be available, support will end within X years altogether, starts out underpowered to even drive its own limited library of games

Your reasoning is retarded, you assume "everything is about the specs", while the aim is to play games.

Queue up some generalizing strawman.
>>
>>339995026
They better for that much.
>>
File: 1426220666821.png (90 KB, 238x276) Image search: [Google]
1426220666821.png
90 KB, 238x276
>>339984612
>paying monthly fees every month to fucking Sony
Am I paying Adam Sandler's salary here? I'm not going to do this shit.
>>
File: uncharted4_athiefsendp7x47.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
uncharted4_athiefsendp7x47.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>339994459

>Proof?
This is running on a netbook cpu inside of a tiny box that costs $300. Do you need more proof that PC gaming is overpriced or...? You guys are supposed to be the technical experts, you know what's inside and running in a PS4 anyway and it's punching well above its weight. The performance and graphics it offers plus game optimization exceeds $300, its great value for money compared to PC gaming.
>>
>>339994863
Platinum has made basically no good GAMES, as total experiences (maybe Bayo 1, if you can look past the pointless plot and instakill QTEs) but they've more or less set the standard on combat mechanics, which is the reason to play and discuss their games. Most of their games have excellent core mechanics, and yes that is a thing worth talking about.

In fact I would argue one of the things Plat fans are most excited about for Nier is that with Taro at the helm, the game might actually amount to MORE than just a series of fights and some '80s-action-film-tier one-liners
>>
>>339994717
There are still PS3 games I wanted to play that I haven't that I am now pucking up for 10-15$ new. Just bought Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 the other day for 12$. No need to fucking buy it for 60$ plus tax the day it dropped
>>
>>339995176
>huur paying an online sub to play a single player game

Dumb fuck PC user.
>>
>>339995184
>$300
Pretty sure PS4 was more expensive than that at retail.
>>
>>339995191
Bayo was in fact the game I was referring to. Vanquish is also acceptable but its just annoying how much of a fucking fanboy meme they are.
>>
>>339995257
>Just bought Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2
Hahaha, have fun.
>>
>>339995298
Yep, it was 400 at launch
>>
>>339995405
Sonyponies trying to be slippery and failing, as usual.
>>
>>339995004
Console users have ground to hate PC users, they've been shitposted by them for years anyway through hardware bashing, now PC users constantly attack its software.

PC users need to get out, they aren't supposed to be here nor was PC ever supposed to be a gaming platform and it isn,t games are never optimized for it and it misses out on so many games. It's unnatural.
>>
Wait, so graphics matter to console players now when being compared to PC? I thought they only mattered when comparing a console to an inferior one belonging to a different companies.
>>
>>339995405
And you still need to build a $700 PC just to match its performance. The paywall to PC gaming has and always will be higher
>>
>>339995150
I made the mistake of buying a Wii U, a PS4, and an xboxone all within 3 months of launch. I don't see myself ever buying another console again anywhere near launch. Its just not fucking worth it. Gaming is going through an ebb right now, I'll wait for the flow to come back and everything will be cheap again as a result. Just be patient.
>>
>>339995512
Come on, that one was just obvious.
>>
>>339995392
Its shit but it isnt bad for less than 20$ which is my point.
>>
File: 1464644863136.jpg (91 KB, 800x356) Image search: [Google]
1464644863136.jpg
91 KB, 800x356
>>339995512
t.sonygger
>>
>>339995616
>And you still need to build a $700 PC just to match its performance
Proof?
>>
>>339994973
Even if that was true (it wasn't in my experience, but I didn't frequent the threads until the first gameplay trailer so whatever) it's still not as obnoxious as fucking THIGHS and waifuposting.

Go ahead and start a N:A thread and count how many posts it takes before someone says "I wanna fuck 2B" and posts a picture of thighs being squeezed by stockings.

Smart money says no more than 5 posts.

Every thread, every time, it's all anyone fucking talks about. At least Plat fans are talking about the goddamn gameplay.
>>
>>339995720
Your point is silly. Cheap shit is still shit. Would you want to play Superman 64 if someone sold it to you for only a dollar?
>>
>>339995616
You pay more for more options, makes sense.
Also a 700$ build can include a RX 480 which will BTFO any PS4 easily
>>
>>339984445
It'll come to PC when /v/ loses its collective virginity.
>>
File: 1445659948909.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1445659948909.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>these guys keep shitposting my threads abloo bloo
How does it feel to be a gigantic fucking child?
>>
>>339995834

Can't say I can give an unbiased response to that, I hated most of platinums games so reading shit about peoples opinions on them is not interesting to me in the least.

Meanwhile the fanart dumps combined with lewd talk I find entertaining to a level and unintrusive to the discussion going on side by side with it - simply because it is how Nier and Drakengard threads have always been.
>>
>>339995924
Castlevania LOS is no where near Superman 64 tier and its not even that bad overall. Its like a 6/10 game.
>>
>>339995281
>this reasoning to justify his always offline system
lmao JUST
>>
>own a console
>it gives you the time of your life, great games huge and niche
>time to upgrade
>hmm should I continue with the line of consoles that have given me so much pleasure?
>nah I'll take a $1000 PC please :^)
>>
File: ITEM_IMAGE2.png (318 KB, 1224x600) Image search: [Google]
ITEM_IMAGE2.png
318 KB, 1224x600
So, do we know what does this mean yet? I doubt it's significant but am curious.

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/MWN0010_2.html
>>
>>339996087
Of course it's not as bad as Superman 64. Did you really need me to say that? It's still trash.
>>
>>339995924
Have you played it or are you just reading reviews. Its really not that horrible.
>>
>>339996028
>hated most of Platinum's games
I am truly sorry then that Platinum is handling Nier because even with Taro writing it you can already tell, this is going to play like a Platinum game.

The design proposal was written up by Plat, the development is being done by Plat, and so far all the gameplay shown has been about the combat.

I have high hopes for the story but this is absolutely going to be a stylish, technical action game.

I'm excited for it but I kinda feel bad if that's dashing your hopes on this followup to a game you loved.
>>
>>339996308
>upgrading a PC
>200 bucks at most
>upgrading a console
>have to get an entirely new system for 500
>>
>>339995981
It dosnet matter how powerful a PC is or what it blows out of the water, all that matter are games. Developers make games, and they want to sell them to the largest group of people possible. More people own a console than own a gaming PC that will blow it out of the water. So that is the platform games are developed for. You are both playing THE SAME GAMES. If increased resolution and framerates are worth it for you to pay more for what you play your games on, great. But don't complain when a company decides not to port their game to your platform, If you want to play exclusive games, buy the platform they are available on. I have never seen a console gamer asking for a WoW port.
>>
>>339996308
Those people took one look at PCMR and decided ''I want IN on this circlejerk because I love feeling better than other people. Now repeat after me, consoles are unplayable''.
>>
>>339996352
see >>339996346
>>
>>339996381
The game still feels nier though, even the combat doesn't feel platinum at all from everything we've seen. Taro still has full creative control I think
>>
>>339996439
>upgrade console for 500 bucks every 8-10 years
>or upgrade PC for 200 dollars every week in order to play pixel games and unity asset flips

Gee, what a hard choice.
>>
>>339996346
Well i don't know. I don't mind paying 12.99 for any halfway decent game from a series I like. Its a below average game but its not the worst thing I've ever played and its definitely better than the 60$ they were asking for when it came out which is really the point I was trying to make. I get what you're saying but I think our definitions of trash is where the arguments differ.
>>
>>339996596
>8-10 years
>console
Extreme bait
>>
>>339996308
Are you implying 1000$ is a lot of money, and maybe 500 to upgrade 5 years later?
>>
>>339996596
>8-10 years
Ps4 has been out for 2.
>>
>>339996601
>from a series I like
You like Castlevania and want to play LoS? Shit.

I dunno, I just don't see why people are more willing to play mediocre games just because they're cheaper. You could give me LoS 2 and I still wouldn't play it.
>>
>>339996672
>Extreme bait

PS3 was still supported and probably still is so thatsd 10 year life span, PS2 stopped being supported this year so thats a 15 year life span, same goes for ps1.

Not even console is a 4 year Nintendo console anon
>>
>>339996381

Nothing that bad anon, I disliked most of their games for their settings/story and handling of progress, not the combat.

I do not enjoy their combat to the extent that I can play a game just for it, and with disliking the above I just never got back to playing them after trying them for a few hours, I found Bayonetta retarded, Vanquish sort of generic (also shit performance and lot of action-packed controller-aiming) and MGR....well I planned on getting back to it but I clearly didn't.

I do enjoy their combat though - and with Nier and Taro guaranteeing my incentive to play I'll enjoy this immensely.

Unless they give SSSSS ratings to my fights.
>>
>>339996725
And is already a getting a new version, probably cause some of the more graphically intensive games like Battlefront only run at 900p
>>
File: GSdx_D3D9_HW__.jpg (412 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
GSdx_D3D9_HW__.jpg
412 KB, 1680x1050
>>339996381
I'm pretty sure Platinum is looking to get into RPGs with Automata and Scalebound. Also, they said this more than once, they don't want to alienate old fans and people who don't prefer action games with Platinum's technical/flashy combat. Taura(the designer) known to be a NieR fan too and also mentioned that he wants to stick to the roots of the game.

We'll see if they gonna as do as they said.
>>
>>339996787
Maybe I have more time on my hands?
The thing you just admitted though is you have 't played it. What about it is so horrible to you that you wouldn't even try it if someone gave it to you? What do you like? I'm just curious here.
>>
>>339996873
Yeah the new trend is 3 years
>>
>>339996592
>even the combat doesn't feel platinum at all from everything we've seen
I gotta disagree, it looks dyed-in-the-wool Platinum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v6S9Zs7pc8

Air dodging and juggling and whatnot.
>>
>>339997059
wrong, the ps3 and ps2 and even ps1 had slim version, it doesn't change their lifecycle since they still get supported
>>
>>339996885
Vanquish was kinda supposed to be generic. The protag was a football player.
>>
>>339997027
I played Lords of Shadow 1, and literally everyone has said it's worse than 2. I've also seen gameplay videos. Is that not enough?
>>
>>339997178

Really? lol
Intentions aside - most of their games felt fine in my hands - but completely failed to hook me
>>
>>339996909
Which is my point. Most consoles don't have an 8-10 year life like dumb dumb just proclaimed they do
>>
File: 1445740824756.jpg (43 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1445740824756.jpg
43 KB, 720x540
>>339997027
>Maybe I have more time on my hands?
Then why don't you play something good?
>>
>>339997096
Perhaps I dont play enough platnum games I guess, I only played a bit of bayo and mgr
>>
>>339997184
You don't have to get shitty and sperg about it, I was just asking.
>>
>>339996873
>PS3 released in 2006
>PS4 released in 2013
That's seven. Sonyponies can't count either. Shocker.
>>
>>339997373
I wasn't being shitty and sperg about it. Why are you taking offense?
>>
>>339997249
They always come off gimmicky to me and have a huge fanbase of memeing faggots. So everytime I hear "platinum" I tend to roll my eyes.
>>
>>339984445
going by recent trends, if I buy it it will come to PC shortly afterwards.
>>
>>339997281
You can't appreciate the good without playing the not as good sometimes.
>>
>>339997476

Personally I'm just not into the "deeply technical combat" for a single player game.

I disliked DMC too, I don't get the point of trying to get very good at beating the computer, but then I grew up on multiplayer games.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.