[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to create the greatest and best game ever made >have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Duke-Nukem-Forever-1[1].jpg (60 KB, 882x496) Image search: [Google]
Duke-Nukem-Forever-1[1].jpg
60 KB, 882x496
>want to create the greatest and best game ever made
>have an insane amount of money to develop game
>a huge fanbase that love you unconditionally
>entire IP stolen in a loophole contract
>Randy Pitchford oversees the destruction of your game

Can we agree George Broussard and Duke Nukem is the most tragic story in all of video?
>>
>>339984417
George Broussard is the biggest reason for DNF's fate.
>>
>>339984417
DNF was shit

Broussard was the reason behind this, he was a fucking asshole that was jealous of Valve's amazing storytelling.

Don't blame Gearbox
>>
Imagine DNF had come out at the same time as HL2, would the reception have been different?
>>
>>339984561
This

he was obsesed with the game technology and graphics, always that something good comes out, he wanted it.

>game was almost ready
>unreal engine release
>"fuck it, i want that, destroy the game and make it again but with that engine"
>>
>>339985065
Nothing can compare to Valve's masterpiece and you should fuck off back to consoles pleb for even considering it
>>
>>339985331
alongside with that Randy was just and old friend of broussard, when the game was at the point of complete cancellation because all the money wasted they give him a hand for release it with the most actual engine at the time.
>>
>>339984656
>don't blame Gearbox
Gearbox could have done it justice this was before gearbox showed their true colors with Colonial Marines, mind you if they just tossed the garbage 3D Realms left them away, put in the time and effort, and made the DNF we all wanted.

But no, they just pushed the half finished, outdated garbage 3D Realms left them out the door, knowing they'd make bank on the name alone.
>>
>>339985331
I know I wouldn't like to be in his position

>unlimited funds to make the game
>be a perfectionist and want to be at the top

What a horrible combination
>>
>>339985493
What?
>Stay in school, please.
>>
>>339985493
Except Randy fucked George, 3D Realms, and any other developer involved in the creation of DN.

http://duke4.net/duke-nukem-dust-up-gearbox-vs-gobeille/
>>
>>339985806
oh shit, i didnt know that part of the history.
>>
>>339985648
Gearbox couldn't make a good game if they tried.
The parts that 3D Realm designed were pretty good, except the idiotic design choices and the disjointed nature of it.
>>
>>339985806
As much of a douche as pitchford is (and he is a douche), the guy crying about his disabled family has no standing. The contract he signed was with 3d realms... when 3d realms stop existing, so did his contract. One of the only times that pitchford was in the right. Sucks, but that's how it is.
>>
>>339985806
>I'M ENTITLED
>>
File: adultbartsimpson.jpg (22 KB, 494x290) Image search: [Google]
adultbartsimpson.jpg
22 KB, 494x290
>rolls up huge blunt
>toques
>blows the smoke in you're face
Hail to the king baby.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.