[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were they thinking??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: MassEffect2_cover[1].png (201 KB, 256x370) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect2_cover[1].png
201 KB, 256x370
What the fuck were they thinking??
>>
probably ''let's focus on the characters more on this game and not so much about the plot, but attempt to deliver one of the most epic and satisfying fucking conclusions in all of video games''
>>
They were thinking about good gameplay
>>
>>339971272
This is the best of the series

What the fuck were you thinking?
>>
http://www.nowgamer.com/bioware-we-want-call-of-dutys-audience/
>>
They were thinking "we need to dumb down this series enough so casual CoD kiddies can enjoy it and claim it's better than the first"
>>
>>339971272
Cover shooters like Gears were popular so they decided to copy them. Removing weapon heating was fucking stupid, same with dumbing down the RPG elements.
>>
>>339971625
This. Worst game in the series.

>>339971570
>global cooldown
That alone makes it a shit game.
>>
>>339971656
>>339971625

The combat in ME1 was seriously flawed, and if you want to talk about dumbing it down why not refer to ME3, which took out the comfiest elements, like Ship management, interesting crew, and mining.
>>
>>339971272
"How can we make combat and companions better"
>>
>>339971784
You're a fucking retard. ME3 is so far and away the worst, from plot, to gameplay, to exploring. The simplest and stupidest game by far. ME2 also has the most replay value.
>>
>>339971806
also it took out the ability for the player to holster their weapon, meaning, all the exploration sections and battle sections were dictated arbitrarily
>>
>>339972110
Seriously, I have an extremely hard time believing anyone who actually beat each game could prefer ME3 in any way to the other two, except for maybe combat compared to the first.

Other than that everyone is just being a contrarian. I mean literally on every level imaginable ME2 is superior.

The biggest problem with these games is I couldnt collect more space rodents and fish.
>>
>>339972239
they tweaked the battle gameplay enough that it actually became decent

that's the only step forward they made
>>
>>339971912
Mass effect 3 was shit, but I wasn't surprised after how fucking awful 2 was. Have fun with your plot that doesn't matter and shit characters. Only good thing about 2 was Mordin.
>>
File: 1403957048157.jpg (22 KB, 274x386) Image search: [Google]
1403957048157.jpg
22 KB, 274x386
>>339971515
>deliver one of the most epic and satisfying fucking conclusions in all of video games
>Joker crashes the ship for no reason
>Leadership stat is completely arbitrary. The super soldier with 1000 years of combat experience is a shit leader, but the Cerberus friends who no one trusts are great leaders.
>An AI hive-mind supercomputer fucks up because it feels sad you didn't so its sidequest.
>We need to pull of an incredibly difficult biotic ability and failure means certain death. Better only bring one of our four biotic powerhouses they can probably handle it on our own.
>A HUMAN REAPER
>SHOOT ITS WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE
>Normandy isn't instantly destroyed by the galactic center when the base blows up.

This is just the ending, which was a million times less egregious than crap like boarding the collector ship.

>>339971806
The combat in 1 wasn't perfect but it was in no way worse than 2 or 3s. Separate defensive cooldowns meant you could stay in the action the whole fight instead of sitting in cover waiting for your health to come back every 10 seconds.
>>
>>339971272
>People loved our first game because of the unique universe we created
>better throw all that out in favor of cashing in on the Gears of War audience.
>>
>>339971272
They killed my Vanguard class.
>instead of hybrid class, it has its own abilities
>no more 50/50 warrior/mage abilities.
>messed up the cover system compared to ME1
>turned off after 20 minutes
>>
"ME1 was rough and we had to halfass every part of the game because we had no idea what we were doing. We should rethink our approach." And voila, the best game in the series.
>>
So what exactly was bad about 1's combat again?

It played pretty similarly to 2 and 3 except you had
>more skills
>could use multiple skills at the same time
>Didn't need to enter cover unless you were out of shields and all def buffs were on cool down.
>weapon customization only slightly worse than 3.

Every game had shitty cover mechanics and poor enemy variety.
>>
File: 1452739835048.jpg (48 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1452739835048.jpg
48 KB, 500x384
>Inventory was a clusterfuck? Better remove it LOL
>Mako phase was annoying? Better remove it instead of polishing that shit LOL
>Customizing armor for all the squad is great ! Oops better remove that feature and sell dlc LOL
>>
>>339971272
It was better than the first game.
>>
>>339974693
>It played pretty similarly to 2 and 3

I don't think you've ever played a shooter in your life, or at least have zero appreciation for nuance.
>>
>>339974129
>They ruined Vanguard

Spotted the low test faggot. Vanguard was far superior in ME2 to ME1. Vanguard was easily the best thing about the game.
>>
File: 1465010150603.gif (3 MB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
1465010150603.gif
3 MB, 300x258
>>339974693
>mfw someone claims 3 had the best combat
>Try to enter cover
>dodge roll

>Try to open a door
>enter cover

>try to sprint away
>slide into cover

>Try to swap cover
>Shepard rolls into the open to get quickscoped by some Cerberus mook

Don't even get me started on the fact that every class can use every gun and the shitfest of a dialog wheel
>>
>>339975679
Not gonna lie, that all sounds like your fault.

>every class can use every gun
Like ME1?

>shitfest of a dialog wheel
Like ME1?
>>
File: 1357446183113.png (349 KB, 474x644) Image search: [Google]
1357446183113.png
349 KB, 474x644
The Official Mass Effect Trilogy Waifu Tier list

>Goddess Tier:
EDI

>Squishy shit Tier:
Everyone else
>>
>Armor and Shields prevent biotic powers
Literally ruined my fun.
>>
>>339974693
Are people honestly this delusional?
ME1 lacked any Polish at all. All the classes felt the same. The weapons were all weak as fuck.
The actual shooting also had nothing to do with skill. The combat in the first game was weak....very weak.
>>
they wanted to try making a game that's actually fun to play instead of just worrying about having a good story
>>
>>339975679
>Don't even get me started on the fact that every class can use every gun and the shitfest of a dialog wheel

Shepard is an N7, the mass effect equivalent of an elite spec ops soldier, and you think they'd be arbitrarily unable to use a shotgun?
>>
>>339975916
Mapping 50% of the game's actions to a single button is shitty design. If I could remap it to something not shit I would.

Guns in ME1 were class specific, being able to hold something and being able to effectively use it are two totally different things.

The dialogue wheel in 1 had 4 options for the majority of situations: Paragon, Neutral, Renegade, investigate. About 3 times a mission you would get a speech check.

In 3 90% of the options are Paragon, Renegade, and they often said the exact same thing in a slightly different tone. You might get one speech check a mission if you're lucking along with one or two speech QTE's
>>
>>339976137
How is the shooting in 2 or 3 skill based in the slightest. It's Time Crisis with no lightgun, timer, and with regenerating health.

>It's weak because it's weak
ok

>>339976751
Considering he was untrained in the last 2 games, yeah I think he wouldn't be very effective with one.
>>
File: 1463945106664.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463945106664.gif
3 MB, 640x266
ME2 is in many ways better than ME1, even though it made some concessions.
Then again I know it's pointless to try to reason with you ME1 drones.

>>339973448
>The combat in 1 wasn't perfect but it was in no way worse than 2 or 3s

You know, if you want people to take you seriously you should refrain from posting something that is objectivelly wrong that no one will agree with you on.
>>
3 > 2 < 1
>>
>>339977016
>Considering he was untrained in the last 2 games, yeah I think he wouldn't be very effective with one.

What?
>>
File: ME3_N7_Crusader_Shotgun.png (88 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
ME3_N7_Crusader_Shotgun.png
88 KB, 512x256
>>339975679
>find pic related after the second mission
>Flawless accuracy at any range
>Kill anything that isn't a miniboss in 1 hit
>4 rounds with a short reload time
>With mods you can still get 200% ability recharge

What the actual fuck was Bioware thinking? It literally invalidates 95% of the weapons in the game.
>>
>>339971272
Wait till you play ME3, this will look like a masterpiece
>>
>>339971272
>They'll love this new planet exploration!
>>
>>339975679
>literally complaining that the game is giving you less options

If you want to complain about something complain about how the powers of each class in ME3 were bland as fuck. The DLC multiplayer classes with just two powers felt more fun and unique than a level 60 Shepard with maxed out biotics.
>>
>>339977447
>Collector's Edition Items break the game
I mean, I'm not saying it's a good thing obviously, but it seems to be an increasingly common occurrence.
>>
>>339977268
>It's bad because it's bad
Sick argument friend. The combat in every game was shit. At least in 1 I didn't have to spend half the fight waiting for jelly to get out of my eyes.

>>339977319
In Mass Effect 1, my infiltrator was not particularly skilled in using shotguns.
In Mass Effect 2, my infiltrator was not particularly skilled in using shotguns.
In Mass Effect 3, my infiltrator was as good with shotguns as a Vanguard who specialized in them.
>>
>>339977646
What's the point of classes if all their abilities perform the same function and they can all use the same equipment?
>>
>only me1 is good meme

me1 is a massively flawed game
>>
>>339976137
>>339977268
>>339977876
Okay, what made the combat in 2 and 3 good?
>>
>>339977729
Two reasons you're retarded.

1. Firing a shotgun doesn't really need special training.

2. You can learn how to use shotguns "as good as a Vanguard" from choosing the option from a pile of weapons in the Collector ship in ME2.
>>
>>339978029
>Okay, what made the combat in 2 and 3 good?

Why bother? Your mind is already set, no one is gonna convince you of anything.
You're only here to spew vitriol and exclaim your hate for ME2. if you actually had an open mind and wasn't so obviously biased people might actually bother.
>>
>>339978058
I didn't pick the shotgun. Why can I still use it as well as a Vanguard.
Why does picking up a used shotgun off the ground suddenly make me as good at using them as someone whose entire job it getting up close and shooting people with shotguns.
>>
>>339977876
Sure it had it flaws but the summer of 2010, when i first started on ME1 while a friend played ME1 on his computer remains one of the best gaming experiences i've ever had. It was just fucking fantastic. Once you go past the 1st mission/planet it turns out great. ME2 was quite alright too, but ME1 remains the best for me. ME3 was pretty good though up til the end. One day i should replay Mass Effect with all the DLCs, as i only played all the mass effect games with no DLCs save for ME3's Prothean DLC. Is it worth it? Are the DLCs that are out for ME2 and 3 good?
>>
>>339977802
Because it presents the opportunity for new weapon and class synergies outside of set roles. You can argue that every class plays the same, but that's the problem with class and power design, not with arbitrary weapon restrictions.

Is Adept suddenly made "fun" and "unique" because I can only use three pistols while spamming Push, Pull, and Warp across 30 hours of gameplay?

The problem wasn't in the weapon choices, it was in the limited power choice which turned the series from a semi-RPG into a full blown third person shooter.
>>
>>339978389
>Are the DLCs that are out for ME2

Shadow Broker is exceptional.
>>
File: 1400724045753.png (69 KB, 237x200) Image search: [Google]
1400724045753.png
69 KB, 237x200
>>339978215
>Please explain to me why you hold your opinion
>You're just a closed minded asshole
okay
>>
>>339978493
I do actually think i played that one when i come to think of it.
Also as for why i have fond memories of the ME series as a whole is that i completed it with the same character i started ME1 first on years before ME3. So it was just a sense of adventure
>>
>>339978508
>>Please explain to me why you hold your opinion

You're telling me people can completely change your mind on ME2 with words?
No one is stupid enough to believe your lies.
Or are you claiming other people do not like ME2 or think the combat is better and everyone is lying to you? That would make you even more stupid.

Sorry, but I don't waste time on juveniles and their shitposting. Try goading someone more stupid to waste their time on you.
>>
>>339978424
I guess that makes sense. Might as well make the combat as fun for as many people as possible if it's already fucked beyond repair.

>>339978683
I don't understand why someone would think that 2 or 3 have especially good combat. I would like to compare my understanding of the game against others to try and understand.
I think you're a complete retard who is incapable of defending your opinions against others beyond 'muh feels' so you'll try to avoid argument as much as possible.

I like to think I'm having a pretty good conversation with >>339978424
>>
>>339978683
don't bother, it was obvious from op he was baiting
>>
>>339979247
Not even OP, just waiting for someone to explain why they think 2 or 3 without acting like it's more objective than gravity.
>>
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>339977876
this.
both ME1 and 2 are 7/10s.
No one thought ME1 was some flawless masterpiece at release but this is what happens when years pass and you get a userbase who played ME1 as their first RPG when they were 12
>>
>>339980085
She's just so fucking annoying. Throughout all of the series. Thought the same with Liara too until she actually matured in ME2.

At least Tali's loyalty mission is a masterpiece though.
>>
>>339980374
Could be that RPG's are getting worse.
>>
>>339980384

People just like her voice and hips.

Liara's voice is terrible it's so monotonous. You can sense that the actress really regrets doing that as well, in ME2 and 3 where she needs to emote but can't really do it without basically breaking character.
>>
>>339976792
>The dialogue wheel in 1 had 4 options for the majority of situations: Paragon, Neutral, Renegade, investigate. About 3 times a mission you would get a speech check.

Lel, most of the dialogue in ME1 was literally the same lines with different wheel text. Did you even play the game more than once?
>>
>>339980486
>Could be that RPG's are getting worse.

But ME1 wasn't even great in the first place. It had bad characters, mediocre writing, clunky gameplay, too repetitive, heavily imbalanced (you can easily break the game and biotic was op), terrible inventory system, lacking game design (classes weren't different enough), etc.

Even DA:O was better.
>>
Trying to explain why ME2 and 3 have better combat than 1 is almost futile, because language can't effectively convey it, and this isn't limited to ME. You can sling around words like "weight," "speed," "tightness," and "control," and you'd get a better picture of your mom last night than a combat comparison. And the feel of combat is the MOST important aspect, as vague as it is -- being able to do a bunch of things means nothing if they are not enjoyable to do. FEAR does not have better gunplay than CoD because you can carry three weapons instead of two, it's far more nuanced than that but you're never going to have a good conversation about it. I could list how there is actual, meaningful weapon variety in 2 and 3, or how 1 lacked enemy behavioral variety which knocked the wind out of every encounter, but none of that is important next to how much tighter combat feels in each successive game. It's not a conversation worth having, you niggas need to stop.
>>
>>339981195
I remember fighting biotics in 1 being particularly annoying, because of the constant
>I WILL DESTROY YOU
and getting ragdolled everywhere.
>>
>>339981095
Seriously though, it's a Western Action-RPG, there was a time where you'd deal with those quirks just to get a decent narrative and story.

Sure it isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than the shit we're getting today. Everything past 2010 from Bioware has been complete dogshit.
>>
>>339981562
that's why engineer is the best class in ME1, Damping.
>>
File: 1373301556063.jpg (458 KB, 994x664) Image search: [Google]
1373301556063.jpg
458 KB, 994x664
>>339971272
The overarching story is worthless from start to end, so I just enjoy the great characters and adequate combat.

One reason I'm (indefensibly) optimistic for Andromeda is that there will be loyalty missions like in 2. Since BioWare can't main story, at least have the focus on the characters.
>>
>>339981569
>I am okay with everything in the game being shit as long as I get a good story

This isn't even "lol read a book if u want story," ME1's narrative was not even close to worth how bad the game part was. It's not like KotOR, where the combat and inventory were merely serviceable, all that and more was dogshit in ME1. The biggest offender is the environments, which were all either stock bland or seeming randomly generated and a chore/bore to navigate.
>>
>>339981569
I only played it recently, but did anyone really like the Reapers? Meeting and talking to Sovereign just pissed me off.
>>
I will tell you something, despite all the problems I had with that game the fucking multiplayer was great.
>>
>>339981569
>but it's a lot better than the shit we're getting today.

New Vegas, Dragon's Dogma, Divinity: Original Sin, Dark Souls, Dishonored and so on.
>>
>>339982093
ME1fags loved it and quote the convo constantly because it was their first encounter with that awful plot device.
>>
File: 1359130271733.jpg (58 KB, 414x437) Image search: [Google]
1359130271733.jpg
58 KB, 414x437
>>339982082
>trying to do all those fucking sidequests with all the samey shit buildings
>navigating an empty-as-fuck planet's surface for resources and other stupid shit
I can't bring myself to do another playthrough of 1 again.
>>
>>339974693
The combat in 1 was janky as fuck as there was no build variety.

The combat in 2 was quite tight.
>>
The main plot was fucking awful but the setting and characters were great

>That exploring dank side of criminal half of galaxy in alien blade runner scifi setting
>Mordin
>Legion
>Zaeed
>Meeting Wrex again
>Illusive Man felt like an interesting support

It was a great game. Bioware's last. But it really began showing the incompetence in Bioware's writing.
>>
>>339982338
Seriously?
All I got from it is
>I AM SO MUCH BETTER AND MYSTERIOUS THAN YOU, I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU SHIT
>>
>>339982612
I just wish we could see that dark matter stuff, the huge dangerous thing, whatever the name was again. The stars that seemingly died?
>>
>>339981195
I can explain easily why I think the combat in 1 is at least as good as the combat in 2.

1.Separate defensive cool downs means you don't have to decide between spending half the fight waiting for health to come back, or taking twice as long to kill enemies.

2. Having to look at an enemy and remember its its type and whether it's effective in close or long range is much more engaging than using the designated ability or gun against the color coded healthbar.

3. Actual class differences. Soldiers could stand in the open for 5 days and not die. Bionics had crazy CC. Techs could hack and kill most enemies in 1 or 2 hits. These still exist in 2 and 3, but in an significantly reduced fashion.

I don't really see how 1 had less variety than 2 or 3. All games had generic mooks, snipers, explosive experts, Cloaked and armored guys who rushed you, zombies, and alien bugs.

tl;dr The combat in 1 isn't perfect, but I found the combat in 2 and 3 to be much more bland due to global cooldowns which slowed down gameplay, color coded enemies, and a focus on staying in cover.

Also there have been plenty of great conversations as to why FEAR has great gunplay. It mostly comes down to the impact they have on the enemies and how the environment explodes into a shower of particles when hit.

Again you just sound like someone who is adverse to debate.
>>
File: 1438698537111.jpg (31 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1438698537111.jpg
31 KB, 576x432
Anyone try the hybrid ammo mod? If you empty out the clip, it ejects the heatsink so you can use up reserve. And if you're completely out, just wait for it to cool down. Oh, and no manual reloading.

(E.g.: a rifle with 30/120. If you zero it out, the heatsink is dumped and you immediately get 60/90.)
>>
>>339982093
From the start it was best, Sovereign was this unknown and very menacing being whom either corrupted everyone around him or destroyed them. The conversation with Vigil pretty much nailed the Reapers down.

>>339982082
Oh wow, it went from me talking about the story to you bringing up the combat again. Bravo.

>>339982253
Can't even name a recent game. Still though, was thinking of Bioware when I typed that out.

>>339982612
I miss Omega and Ilium. Fuck my life.
>>
>>339982992
Sorry but I would only stick my dick inside Samara.
And Aria.
>>
>>339981195
But FEAR does have better gunplay than CoD.
>>
>>339982612
>dank side of criminal half of galaxy
That's what made the setting so great. In 1 and 3, you were supposed to be an Alliance soldier, with a whole weight of rules and regulations behind you no matter how renegade you wanted to be.

In 2 you were still TIM's pet poodle, but at least he didn't give a shit what manner of scum you dealt with as long as you got the job done. Hopefully Andromeda will have that element of seediness.
>>
>>339983119
You called the bad non-story parts of the game "quirks." Those are far from being quirks, and you can't just gloss over them, especially for a plot as ho-hum as ME1's.
>>
>>339971272
Say what you want about the Mako, but at least it existed. And was 100x better than that 'press x to retrieve data' craft or staring at the planet screen for 2 hours.
>>
>>339976792
Guns were class specific in ME2 as well.
>>
>>339983316
I wonder if we will see shepard in Andromeda? If you remember in the ending credits, at least one of them? You see him waking up in the rubble. That indoctrination theory is still one i somewhat stand by.
>>
>>339983429
Good think I was talking about Mass Effect 3 then.
>>
>>339983119
>Can't even name a recent game.

So what's "recent" to you? Yesterday?
>>
>>339983301
Quirks being the combat. How did you not pick that up?
>>
>>339983474
IT was never valid. And Shepard's story is confirmed to be over.
>>
> It mostly comes down to the impact they have on the enemies and how the environment explodes into a shower of particles when hit.
That is NOT why FEAR's combat is good. Lots of shooters have impactful attacks, and particles have nothing to do with shooting, except when it's obscuring the enemies vision, which is a neat thing but far from the most important.
>>
>>339983429
Each class had 4 guns to use and use at equal proficiency unlike ME1 where each class used 1 or two guns at great proficiency.

Not that anon but I disliked the cut down abilities, armor/biotic shield nullifying shit, and reloading/ammo bullshit in two. I also feel like the story suffered greatly towards the ending of ME2 but I think they're both pretty good.
>>
>>339983674
That fucking su cks. Because Shepard is clearly fucking alive. Unless of course they've retconned it completely. In a dream world you'd import your character to ME Andromeda. And how he would act and do would influence how he is in the game. Surely at least they must mention him somewhat.
>>
>>339983632
A year. 2-7 years ago isn't recent, anon. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>339983474
No.
it's pretty much confirmed that the spaceship for andromeda galaxy was launched before the reapers attack Earth.
>>
File: Magazine+3.jpg (91 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
Magazine+3.jpg
91 KB, 1280x660
>>339982992
Samara was better.
>>
>>339971272
>Let's make a lot of money.
>>
>>339983694
>Environmental effects and AI behavior have nothing to do with why FEAR's combat is good
What? I get that there are other factors, but to say that they don't matter is fucking retarded. AI is one of the first things people talk about when FEAR is brought up.
>>
>>339971272

They were thinking of making a great game and they succeeded.
>>
>>339983813
Doesn't matter if Shep is alive or not, he's not appearing in Andromeda. The devs have gone out of their way to confirm this several times over.
>This is Commander Shepard, signing off.

A name-drop is all we're going to get in Andromeda.
>>
>>339971272
ME2 sold more than ME1 so they were thinking right as far as profits go. And ME3 sold more than ME2.
>>
>>339984130
Then i hope Andromeda turns out great.

>>339983826
So no human civilizations there, only alien races? Hm might be interesting.
>>
>>339973448
>>339977268
Randomly, I sort of wish they had kept both weapon 'cool down' AND implemented thermal clips.

Basically, you run out of thermal clips and the weapon will require a cooldown period once you run through one magazine's worth of shots.

I mean then finding thermal clips would need to be a bit harder but still, could have been interesting.
>>
File: 1426738924046.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1426738924046.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
>heard and read all the good things about 3's MP
>for half a second tempted to buy it, but then--
>EA
>>
>>339971272
Thinking about catering to the lowest common denominator and getting them big bucks. And it worked. Unfortunately.
>>
>>339984130
"This is Commander Shepard, about to destroy all relays - you're stuck. Signing off. Bye."
>>
>>339971784
I hated the combat in 2. 3's combat was the most balanced.

1 biotics were too op
2 biotics was shit
3 they're all good
>>
>>339984361
Well it's not like they used a mass relay to quit the milky way.
>>
>>339975941
>chakwas not in goddess tier

Grow up, nerd.
>>
>>339982831
Well, yeah, that's exactly it. You're worthless. A nuissance at best. Tools for a greater purpose. Why explain nuclear physics to an ant? That's the portrayed Reaper perspective.

Well, if only the Reapers had a goal that was actually kind of sensical even if we didnt understand the details, that would have been followed up on.
>>
>>339971912
True but ME3 had the best combat in the trilogy. It's a shame that the competence of the combat designers is hampered by their writers.

The only good thing ME1 did in combat was the bigger and more open field would often lead to a more suitable use for the sniper rifle.
>>
>>339982904
1. Enemies die FASTER in 2/3 than in 1, with or without GCD, and GCD refills way faster than individual powers did, so I don't know what you're smoking. It's also tied to an ME3 improvement, where heavier weapons cause slower power regeneration, a MUCH more compelling incentive to use small arms than being able to use the gun but being shitty at it, adding to choice and variety.

2. How do you not have to remember the type of enemy in ME2? The colored bars don't tell you what weapon they're using, or whether it's a charging Krogan or a repair drone or whatever. ME1 also had bars, just two instead of three/four.

3. Classes have unique powers that they are practically focused around, instantly more variegated. And I never had any problems standing in the middle of the room or killing enemies in two hits no matter what class I was.

But again, none of this matters next to how much better everything feels to do.
>>
>>339984484
Have they said anything about whether or not they are sticking with the ending where the relays got destroyed or not?
>>
>>339984235
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eudaimonium

Note that if you can breeze through 2 on Insanity, it might make it seem even easier.
>>
>>339975941
My waifu is Samara, she's fucking gorgeous
>>
>>339971272

We want the CoD audience.

Much like what happened with Fallout 4.
>>
>>339977268
They kept making better and better powers, but punished people in new ways

In ME1, you could just throw/lift people whenever. In ME2/3, you had to lower armor AND shields which makes it utterly pointless because if you can do those then you can just shoot to finish them off. Also, fuck thermal packs. Made no sense in-lore and they might as well just call it universal ammo
>>
>>339984235
This would have been a neat compromise. Might have been fun to be playing as normal and then start using thermal clips rapidly to let you have infinite heat once shit hit the fan. Like a difficult boss would show up and you'd start ejecting thermal clips while the gun makes meatier noises and neat little animation.

This requires talent though so Bioware would never implement it.
>>
>>339984515
I don't know, man. Guess I was never really a fan of those kinds of villians.
>>
>>339975941
EDI is Joker's.

Give the fucking cripple SOMETHING.
>>
File: 1361899332095.png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1361899332095.png
1 MB, 919x720
>>339984290
Bite the bullet pal.
3's MP is one of the best co-op experiences in recent years.

EA could've made gorillions if they just released a standalone-version of it, like how THQ did with Last Stand.
>>
>>339971570

>good gameplay solely means gunplay

People like you are why video games are fucked.
>>
>>339983976
That post didn't say AI, it said impact of weapons on enemies. I took that to mean shotguns knocking enemies back or the nailgun nailing them against the wall in some cases, not flanking techniques, because I can read.
>>
>>339984615
The move to Andromeda was precisely to avoid declaring an ending to 3.

Personally, I say just call Destroy canon and be done with it. A lot of fans would be annoyed, but it would drastically simplify any further games' development.

And let's be honest, Destroy is the obvious and intuitive conclusion to the conflict. The other two choices were just there to provide a semblance of choice.
>>
>>339984290

It's not worth it.
>>
File: STEAM.png (281 KB, 831x845) Image search: [Google]
STEAM.png
281 KB, 831x845
What went so right bros?

I've put more hours into Me2 then a lot of other single player games.
>>
>>339984618
cool.

>>339984698
Mmm, yes.

Or potentially even make you need to choose which of your guns you slot the thermal clips into. Sort of creating this scenario for like a soldier:

>No thermal clips in a sniper rifle, just use it's magazine for opening shots
>Then switch to shotgun as targets and you move in.
>>
>>339984915
Well i think sticking with a ending where all the relays got bollocksed limits future storytelling. So in Andromeda we are now basically playing a "crew on a derelict lone spaceship encounters a galactic civilization" Which also makes me think if the Reapers has been there?
>>
File: fuckem.jpg (21 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
fuckem.jpg
21 KB, 600x315
>>339984991

>then

also you have the worst taste
>>
>>339985118
I don't give a shit about the reaper being on andromeda.
I just don't want fucking cerberus. NO MORE TECHNO NINJA PLEASE
>>
>>339985293
>tfw techno ninja's brother went years before to andromeda and ruled a primitive civilization and became their god
>>
>>339984991

did you only start playing video games this month and look up the 16 year old starter pack or something

kill yourself
>>
>>339984991
Shit taste. Please leave.
>>
>>339985385
Post your taste then motherfucker and show us how great it is
>>
>>339971272
"Let's make a good game this time."

ME1 has terrible gameplay, accept it already.
>>
File: tree.jpg (22 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
22 KB, 500x355
>>339984991

This is why I always disregard people who call 2 their favorite entry.
>>
>>339985574
see
>>339984838

Fuck off.

>>339985573

No need to get butthurt, pleb.
>>
>>339984586
1. Individual powers might have had slower cool down, but there were more of them. At no point in 1 did I have to chose between using an ability that kept me in the action, or using an ability that dealt damage. The Mass Effect 3 weight system may be a good idea in concept, but in practice was pretty bad due to poor gun balancing. You can carry the highest powered Sniper and Pistol, and still have over 100% bonus to abilities. There's also no reason this concept couldn't be applied to non a GCD system.

2. You seem to have missed the point. The colored health dictates what the player should do, not the AI. In this regard 2 and 3 may as well play themselves. Oh a yellow healthbar, better use Warp or my heavy pistol. Oh a blue healthbar better use Overload or a machine pistol.

3.Unless you were playing on easy I have no idea what you are talking about. Your shields/health may as well be tissue paper in 2/3 without using defensive cool downs.

>But muh feels
Okay.
It's not like I think you're not allowed to say something feels better, just don't expect me to accept it as fact.
>>
The worst thing about it were the loyalty missions.
The concept of playing caretaksr of a bunch of whiny faggots and and helping them solve their petty daady issues and what not while there's a galactic threat to be stopped is so mind numbingly retarded. I wished cerberus would've just given you command over a bunch of their brainwashed grunts.

Also, even during my first playthrough I realised that it was basically "don't do my loyalty mission? Well, guess I'm gonna kick the bucket during the suicide mission, commander ;^)"
Wow, what great suspension, boy did I feel tense when I sent my loyal dudes to do the stuff they're suited for. Half the game was a chore, the other half was dude assuming control lmao.
>>
>>339985757
I'm not the anon who posted the picture of his played games, i'm another anon that's curious about your great taste.
>>
File: 1349577062235.png (142 KB, 425x382) Image search: [Google]
1349577062235.png
142 KB, 425x382
>it's a "/v/ fights over what's better ME1 or ME2" thread

Fuck this board mentality I like both.
>>
>>339986053
Fuck your mentality, I like not being a doublenigger.
>>
>>339985824

>haha I'm totally not that guy haha that's why I got mad and called him a motherfucker

just leave already - go back to playing your generic AAA trash
>>
>>339984726
And hey, that's no problem. Big cosmic threats aren't for everyone. I personally only liked them in ME1 while it was still a mostly hard sci-fi setting. They just got dumb in 2 and 3 and the more personal conflicts that developed overshadowed the impending doom that wasn't really all as bad as Vigil said.

Not everyone appreciates every kind of story. Nothing wrong with that at all.
>>
>>339986053
I like both of them. I also liked The Citadel and very brief moments of ME3.

Still fucking despise ME3 though.
>>
>>339985810
>Well, guess I'm gonna kick the bucket
I liked the loyalty missions, but this criticism is valid. It seems kind of arbitrary to always have them die just for not doing those.
>>
>>339986053

>hurr durr why can't everybody be a fencesitter like me
>>
>>339985810
What "galactic threat"?

The entire game was about preparing for the suicide mission, so it made sense for you to ensure that your squad went into the mission with a clear conscience.

ME2 was basically sci-fi slice of life and I loved it for that.
>>
File: 1434329687830.jpg (797 KB, 1506x1645) Image search: [Google]
1434329687830.jpg
797 KB, 1506x1645
>>339985810
Oh god why did you remind me.
>Hey guys what if we made a main antagonist constantly shout about how he's going to rekt the player while the player kicks his ass over and over again.
>>
File: Kai_Leng_Profile.jpg (34 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Kai_Leng_Profile.jpg
34 KB, 480x480
Sup /v/.
>>
>>339984652

/thread
>>
>>339985810
Most of the loyalty missions gave a sense of purpose for your companions or made them feel free of burden and conscience.

It kind of makes sense to have an effect on the ending seeming as most companions are washed up messes.
>>
File: stepping on a lego block.jpg (95 KB, 475x401) Image search: [Google]
stepping on a lego block.jpg
95 KB, 475x401
>>339986461
>>
>>339986154
seriously i am not him
>>
File: 1331349064661.png (93 KB, 455x357) Image search: [Google]
1331349064661.png
93 KB, 455x357
>let's take this WRPG and make a sequel with shit lore, shit story, and make it a corridor TPS
>so the only good thing about it is the TPS gameplay?
>no, that'll be mediocre among TPS
>uh can we at least throw in some decent characters?
>fine, but don't let the higher ups find out
>>
They were thinking let's make one if the best games ever and pwn autistic nerds in the process
>>
File: 1436832944757.png (57 KB, 487x642) Image search: [Google]
1436832944757.png
57 KB, 487x642
>>339986461
>>
File: 1359646484182.jpg (71 KB, 634x475) Image search: [Google]
1359646484182.jpg
71 KB, 634x475
>>339986461
>nananana-kaileng-letter.jpg
>>
>>339986409

The Reapers you stupid weeb.
>>
>>339986806
Complete. Fucking. Amateur.
>>
>>339985757
>>339984838

ME1's stat management is garbage and it's RPG component has 0 fucking bearing on the story. At the very least, ME2 had choice and consequence right there at its own game itself.

ME1's consequence system boiled down to paragon/renegade points.
>>
>>339971594
>wrex not a party member
>anything other than shit
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>339986461
Hey, it's asian Darth Maul!
>>
>>339986409
But you didn't spend the whole game preparing for the suicide mission. You spent it gathering Mordin Legion and 10 other random fuckwads who might help if Joker decides to fire the Thanix cannon point blank for no reason and crash the ship leading to a convenient ground war.

Aside from upgrading the Normandy, which is achieved through 2 clicks on an impartial menu, the game was more about dealing with people's daddy issues than it was learning about and preparing for the collectors.
>>
>>339987008
Or maybe that's because you had a sugar daddy doing all that for you?
>>
>>339986898

>garbage

Coming from someone defending ME2, I'll take it you're just a moron who thinks any sort of micromanagement is garbage.

>At the very least, ME2 had choice and consequence right there at its own game itself.
>ME1's consequence system boiled down to paragon/renegade points.

lol fuck off all 2 had were QTEs that affected absolutely nothing
>>
>>339986735
ME was always an action RPG. The difference was that ME1 got both the action and RPG parts wrong, so they decided to double down on one of them to salvage their awful series.
>>
File: uhh.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
173 KB, 349x446
>>339987174
>ME1 got both the action and RPG parts wrong
>>
Can we all at least agree that the inventory system for 1 was fucking annoying?
>>
File: KAILENGEMAILB.jpg (138 KB, 1023x636) Image search: [Google]
KAILENGEMAILB.jpg
138 KB, 1023x636
>>339986842
>>
File: 1455673347684.png (2 KB, 618x298) Image search: [Google]
1455673347684.png
2 KB, 618x298
>>339987174
>>
>>339984652

This.

Fuck world building and exploration, let's shoot things!
>>
>>339987323
Yeah, but at least it had an inventory.
>>
>>339986884
The Reapers were temporarily dismissed as a threat the moment you met TIM

>>339987008
What the fuck are you talking about?

The suicide mission was the reason behind everything Shepard did.
>>
>>339987174
I completely disagree, I think ME1 did the RPG part right and is very simmilar to Dragon Age 1 with their pause, give orders, manage cooldowns, think about positioning, unpause, etc

ME2 is just stay behind cover, shoot, wait for health/shields to regenerate, repeat, and that is garbage gameplay
>>
Mass Effect 1 is a horrid piece of shit and only liked by dumb kids whose first console was a 360. It was a bad rpg and a bad game.

But it's no surprise this shit eating board defends the Mako, the bloated inventory filled with garbage you don't need, the horrid gunplay,etc.
>>
>>339987152
>QTEs that affected absolutely nothing

Yet the QTEs had more of an impact than the dialogue choices. What fucking game did you play anon?
>>
>>339987279

It did. The combat and RPG elements were a mess in the first game. Their decision to make it a shallow shooter was probably the best thing to do, since they were incapable of making a decent mix.

Much like Bethesda and Fallout.
>>
>>339987323
1 is the only good game in the series for me, and even I won't advocate for the inventory system
>eventually get my inventory full
>uh ok I'll seel this shit
>have to sell 1 by 1
>200 guns
>takes a few seconds to sell each gun

fucking kill me
>>
I do like the Reapers being biomechanical, but it would've been neat to go full Lovecraft and have them made of something different from this level of reality.
>>
>>339987152
You're rage is clouding your judgement. ME2 had choice and consequence riddled throughout the game, most notably its final act where you can choose who and where to send your suicide squad.

ME1 had
>kill wrex
>don't kill wrex

and

>kill ashley
>kill kaiden

Those are the only choices that affect the game proper, everything else is outside the game and even then they're negligible (thank you ME3).

>any sort of micromanagement is garbage
Nah, just the one on ME1. Which was garbage.
>>
>>339987152
>affected nothing

There are numerous choices that effect the fates of characters and factions, which in turn can effect either the suicide mission or what happens in ME3.
>>
>>339987407
>The Reapers were temporarily dismissed

>even though it was clear from the start the the reapers were controlling the crab people

If you're going to defend your shitty game, at least get your shit right.
>>
>>339971272
Almost nailed it. I want to fly through space with my crew exploring alien planets and beating up news reporters
>>
>>339987485

>Yet the QTEs had more of an impact than the dialogue choices

cancer
>>
>>339987086
Ok. When did TIM do any kind of recon on the Collectors. Even after you get the IFF he doesn't even try to scout the relay. The only collector related things TIM does is send you into 2 obvious traps he set up in the hope that the Collectors conveniently get brain damage and don't kill his 4 billion credit investment in one of many many ways.

>>339987407
How does going halfway across the galaxy as a favor to Jacob, a weak Biotic foot soldier with no technical knowledge or experience with the Reapers or collectors help the suicide mission?
>>
>>339987374
Except ME2 had those in spades.
>>
>>339987635
it also had the Rachni
>>
>>339985791
1. You are still using powers more often in 2/3 than in 1 -- during the time you wait for powers to refill in 1, you could have use both offensive and defensive in 2/3. I'm also not seeing how it's inherently worse, sounds like an opinion. And there were hardly more powers per class in 1 than in the others, maybe by one.

2. As opposed to ME1, where powers usage was completely arbitrary? I always found myself using powers because I had them so why the fuck not. They weren't any fun to use either but that's a different conversation.

3. I played on normal. Only for the first few hours was survival a concern.
>>
I unironically enjoyed the mining.
>>
>>339987824
>Staring at pictures of planets for a few hours is exploration.
>>
>>339971272
This thread reminds me about one anon in another thread talking about how the first ME game feels more conservative, like a Canadian approach to scifi, compared to the later, more American games. With those being all gung ho and humans being both the underdogs and the most bad ass species in the galaxy at the same time somehow.

I wish I could find that again, they explained their reasoning a lot better than I could but I think the archive that thread was stored in went kaboom.
>>
>>339987824

No it didn't, you tool.
>>
>>339987842
I don't remember that affecting ME1 in any way whatsoever. Those two examples I gave at the very least removed a companion or two.
>>
File: 1331350530829.jpg (100 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
1331350530829.jpg
100 KB, 600x429
>>339987824
>ME2
>worldbuilding
>>
>>339987817
QTEs are short term. You instantly see the consequences of doing so afterwards.

Dialogue choices are long term. Sometimes you don't even see any consequences.

How is that cancer, mong?
>>
>>339987412

I'm not defending 2 over 1, I think 1 is the better game, and 2 and 3 are garbage.

But that's not exactly good RPG gameplay.

They couldn't make a good RPG to save themselves, to be honest.
>>
>>339987896
You're either autistic or just better suited to spend your time playing mobile games.
>>
>>339987819
>how does helping Jacob help the suicide mission
He can do his job more efficiently due to his mind not being bogged down with personal issues.
>>
File: 1331754399328.jpg (32 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
1331754399328.jpg
32 KB, 349x642
>>339987824
>ME2
>exploration

is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>339987442

t. 360 kid who likes 2
>>
>>339988089
Not as much of a joke as ME1's exploration.
>>
>>339988003
>what are the collectors?
>what are all the planets in the game?
>what is Cerberus?
>what are all of the codex entries?
>>
>>339987824

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>339988078
Cerberus shouldn't have given you a bitchboy to work with.
>>
>>339987824
Completely agree with you anon.

>planet scanning
>anomaly detected
>side quest in a set piece environment
>get to see beautiful hand crafted levels

But muh repetitive rocky moons.
>>
>>339988060
>But that's not exactly good RPG gameplay.
I disagree, I enjoyed playing through ME1. Actually bad RPG gameplay would be Witcher 1, for example.

in any case, "RPG gameplay" is vague as fuck, considering there are turn-based games, action RPGs, and games like ME1 and DA1

>>339988156
do you honestly believe anyone is going to take someone who defends ME2's "exploration" seriously? I don't even need to make fun of you
>>
>>339988252
>what are the collectors?

Shitty plot devices.

>what are all the planets in the game?

shitty gameplay mechanics

>what is Cerberus?

Nothing to do with world building.

>what are all of the codex entries?

lazy attempts at lore building
>>
>>339975941
>Squishy Shit
Stop posting Nefarious, you're malfunctioning again.
>>
File: 1326559089830.png (1 MB, 1021x1027) Image search: [Google]
1326559089830.png
1 MB, 1021x1027
>some people are defending ME2's exploration
>after a few replies, it becomes apparent that they're not being ironic
>>
>>339988328

>people think world building means planets

modern gamers are so fucking retarded
>>
>>339988089
Mining for resources and reading lore while listening to comfy music is infinitely more enjoyable than driving across barren landscapes with nothing in them.
>>
>>339988484

Well it is the weekend.

And summer.

Go figure.
>>
>Mass Effect 2 was bad

When will this meme end. It's the best one in the series. ME1 was only interesting because of the promise it set up for the series, which never delivered.
>>
>>339988252
Plus the merc groups, and the things it added to already existing races. I don't know where people get the idea that ME2 didn't have worldbuilding. If anything it was better because the world itself was actually interesting and far more believable than ME1's sparse environments and "every mine and every space station and every planetary outpost is exactly the same, also every container and every plant and all environmental details, also all guns have the same behavior and the same model or two despite explicitly being made by different manufacturers."
>>
>>339988572

this guy gets it

why explore and learn about planets through events on them when you can just read a wall of text
>>
>>339988519
Was speaking about exploration, but whatever. Take what you will from my post.
>>
>>339987879
How is constantly swapping between Barrier and Armor as each come off cooldown while simultaneously throwing out offensive abilities result in less ability usage than 2/3 were you HAD to wait a few seconds in between each use. Unless you were still below level 10 you always had some ability active to push the fight in your favor. It's better there's no downtime in the action. You're always actively fighting especially since you don't have to worry about reloads either.

I fail to see how chaining together Adept's 4 CC abilities is less fun than, use designated gun against color coded enemy.
>>
>>339988723
What events though? A crashed probe, another merc group, a thresher maw or insignias?
>>
>>339988484

>these are the people who defend ME2 >>339984991
>>
File: jaden-500x711[2].png (470 KB, 500x711) Image search: [Google]
jaden-500x711[2].png
470 KB, 500x711
>playing 3 right now for the first time
>go to the hospital to see Kaiden
>ask Kaiden how he's doing
>Kaiden says to my male Shepard "Are you flirting with me oniichan?"

The fuck is this shit?
>>
>>339989057
Post-2010 Bioware.
>>
>>339988723
Explore WHAT? What, you dumb faggot? The planets had NOTHING of interest, NOTHING of note, outside of one or two examples, like the floating ball (whose main point of interest is, in fact, a wall of text). And are you calling the codex worthless? The writing about those planets was FAR more successful at painting a picture of a unique and interesting planet than Bioware's level designers managed. I actually wish I'd never set foot on those planets, because they were clearly not up to the task and ruined my image of them. I love how you think any exploration at all is better than shitty exploration. You have no standards. Want good exploration? Go play Metroid, or Souls, or not fucking ME1.
>>
Both games had shitty exploration.

What would've worked was a mix.

Get to freely roam worlds, but get setpieces you'd get from 2 when you found an anomaly.

I hated how every base looked identical in 1, and I hated the scanning shit from 2.
>>
A more hilarious thing here is that people are defending Mass Effect 1's fucking exploration like it was anything of worth. Go to one planet and you've seen it all. Awesome exploration, senpai.
>>
The series would be better if ME2 was the first game. That way there would be no reapers stinking up the entire story.

Interspecies politics and personal drama was far more interesting than anything else in the game. But ME1 fanboys think a big robot saying I'M 2DEEP4U is good writing.
>>
>>339988660
ME1 was a great promise. The sequels were let-downs that didn't keep the promise.
>>
>>339988926
>What is visual story telling
>Finding an admiral assassinated and left to rot.
>Finding an SOS signal in an outpost only to find the person who sent it died trying to walk the next camp
>hunting down a nuke only to find out it was a ploy to trap you underground.

It doesn't help that every exploration mission in 2 was.
>Mercs took over a place, shoot them all.
>>
File: 1360773860866.jpg (8 KB, 159x199) Image search: [Google]
1360773860866.jpg
8 KB, 159x199
>>339984991
>269 hours on ME2

how can someone stomach playing through that thing more than once? holy shit
>>
>>339988065
I think it could have been done a lot better though. Like instead you drop a probe on a planet and then you play as Shepard and have to defend the node from local enemies or mercs. Or preferably you have a customizable security squad that you play as. So you could switch through other classes if you want to switch up combat.
>>
>>339989143
>I love how you think shitty exploration is better than not having any exploration at all
fixed, I'm so mad
>>
>>339989143

>getting this mad

they had samefag bases, some interesting events like the squad that was overrun by maws and you had to help them fend them off

bases with cerberus' fucked up experiments

no need to get to mad you child
>>
>>339986053
Both games are good, and have their strengths and weaknesses. But people trying to claim ME1 had better combat then ME2 are just objectively wrong.
>>
>>339971272
I knew the game was going to be bad the moment Shepard got killed off and brought back to life.
>>
File: 1398314749007.jpg (16 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1398314749007.jpg
16 KB, 255x255
>>339989353
>The monkey planet
>Killing all the monkeys afterwards
>>
>>339989473
Tbf that was supposed to be a major plot point where you are rebuilt by the geth because they need you for some reason
>>
Come was mostly better, albeit different.
Story not nearly as good...but the story telling was better. A lot more solid character moments, I think.
>>
>>339971272
They where not thinking about lvl design at all. Besides that game is still shit. The first one is the only good games
>>
>>339989379

Fans of 2 have generally pedestrian tastes.
>>
>>339971272
The Suicide Mission was cool as fuck though. The soundtrack for it was great. But I knew even before I put the disk in that they'd get rid of the old ammo system. Felt it in my bones
>>
>>339989605
>They where not thinking about lvl design at all
That's not an image of ME1
>>
STEEEEEEEEEEEEVE
>>
>>339984235
Originally they were going to keep the heat mechanic from ME1 in 2 and thermal clips were going to be a consumable that would instantly cool your weapon down. But retards during gameplay testing couldn't figure it out.
>>
File: 65456317864531.gif (970 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
65456317864531.gif
970 KB, 450x253
I wish Mass Effect would go full cyberpunk. The seediness and neon parts of the series were the best.
>>
>>339989703
Literally more of a character than half of your crew in 3.
>>
>>339989057
I didn't get that. But when we were later hanging out on the Citadel. I was just being friendly, then he asked me about my relationship with Liara. Then he made a pass at me. I honestly didn't see that shit coming. The fuck did he suddenly become gay?!
>>
File: king kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
king kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>339984991

I'm surprised you haven't put 200+ hours into Fallout 4 you plebeian.
>>
>>339989550
>The Geth need you back because they want to stop the Reapers and know firsthand you're the baddest synthetic killer in the galaxy

Well I'll just that to the long ass list of missed opportunists in Mass Effect.
>>
>>339989204
I have said this for years.
Flip ME2 and ME1, and the series flows so much better.
>>
>>339988926

Maybe try playing the first game and you'll see all the fun shit you could come across.

2 had nothing but scanning - find something - oh it's another shoot everything scenario amazing
>>
>>339984672
>In ME1, you could just throw/lift people whenever.

The lift and throw powers didn't just work on everything. You needed to put enough points into them to move the amount of mass an object/enemy had. If you didn't have the points it would have no effect more or less.
>>
>>339971272
They got lazy and made the game mostly about waifus since they know that is what their fan base cares more about.
>>
>>339988686
ME2 destroys much of the lore from the previous game. It's almost like it's from an entirely different series.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.