[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do most Metal Gear fans think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 63643.jpg (103 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
63643.jpg
103 KB, 640x908
What do most Metal Gear fans think of this game?
>>
its kinda a piece of art.
>>
I think is my favorite, gotta replay it to confirm it.
>>
>>339967384
Hated on release, but is beloved now.
>>
I think everything mgs did, this did it better
>>
MGS1/2 played back to back is the core MGS experience.

Everything else is DLC tier
>>
Great game. Horrible new characters/protagonist

>b-but you're not supposed to like him!

Fuck off.
>>
>>339968067
Yeah, I forgot to said that. I've never played a game that connect with its previous entry a way as incredible as this. You cannot enjoy Sons of Liberty at 100% if you havenĀ“t played 1 before.
>>
the pacing can be off, and the story is thick with how Hideo felt about video games at the time ( he didnt like them).

But it has the best level design, enemy evading, sequencing
>>
>>339967384
Poeple pretend to like it now because le ebin MGR man le rules of nature but before that people rightfully disliked it.
>>
It's amazing.
>>
>>339967384
Loved it when it came out. Probably replayed it more than any other game until mgs3 came out.

Never understood the hate for raiden. It was definitely a meme to hate him back in the day.
>>
File: 1441055792771.gif (983 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1441055792771.gif
983 KB, 500x281
>>339968721
A lot of us were kids or just way younger when this game came out, don't you think people can change their opinions and see things differently after so many years?
>>
>>339969179
>MGR comes out
>suddenly "NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLE, CAN WE ALL AGREE MGS2 WAS AWESOME?"
Most of them were just MGR raiden dick suckers who never touched an MGS game in their life.
>>
Much worse than 1.
>>
>>339969179
That's what happened with me. I was in middle school and everyone else hated raiden so I did too.

But I guess most people are a little attached to their opinions?

>>339969543
Classic revisionism. If you weren't so young you'd be saying mgs4 rather than mgr btw.
>>
>>339967384
I don't like it as much as 1 or 3 but I respect it
>>
Gameplay wise, it ushered in a whole new system that capitalized on how the series is meant to be played. Raiden isn't terrible but certainly not interesting enough to last the whole game. Personally, I just like MGS 3 better because same gameplay and better story/themes.
>>
When I think back to this game, what sticks out to me is the task of sniffing out and defusing bombs
>>
>>339969720
Nice buzzwords. But you'd be pretty stupid to think everyone in the whole world has the same thought process. MGS2 isn't a bad game, but people were rightfully pissed about the bait and switch character and how shit he was.

The quality of the game was brought down quite a bit by having a character people just didn't like, artistic reasons for it or not. MGR put raiden in a new light and a bunch of other dummies started liking him just for that portrayal, without even understanding what his character was originally about and realizing MGR butchered it.
>>
I really liked it when it came out. Now that it's popular, my new favourite is 4.
>>
>>339970120
As in, now that mgs2 is popular.
>>
>>339967384
Fantastic game, brilliant boss fights and great stealth. The setting was my favourite part. Fuck off with your open-world bullshit and give me a tight, corridor-to-corridor stealth game. Setting the game on a massive oil rig/ tanker was genius.

Soundtrack is fucking awesome too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiPon8lr48U
>>
>>339970015
>rightfully pissed
Man children. Absolutely no reason to be pissed.

People started looking at raiden differently after his mgs4 appearance. Which would involve the exact same complaints you're having about a spin off.

You are young and new to this series yet are trying to revise history as if you were there.
>>
>>339967384
>only played 2, 4 and 5
>2 is my favourite
>>
POSTMODERN MASTERPIECE
>>
I hate the MGS series, but I at least have a little respect for 2.
>>
One of the most grossly overrated games of all time
>>
It's not as good as 1 or 3, but it stands out in a very distinctive way and I really appreciate it for the tone it went for.
>>
>>339970471
Because you haven't played 1 or 3
>>
Best game
>>
>>339970471
Play 3 anon. I've gone through al of them except for 1 and I can say for a certainty that it's one of the best I've played. Straightforward story, best boss fights in the series and stealth that was revolutionary for its time.

Codec calls were the best out of the series, too.
>>
It needs a pachinko game
>>
>>339967384
better than MGSV
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.