[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought the bioshock trilogy. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Bioshock_series.jpg (61 KB, 575x300) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock_series.jpg
61 KB, 575x300
I just bought the bioshock trilogy. What am I in for?
>>
>>339964042
You are the bad guy all along
>>
>>339964179
pretty fucking much
>>339964042
also some good fun, followed by some great fun, followed by Anita Sarkeesian tier disappointment
>>
>>339964042
Start with infinite and its expansions, it's worst of them but it's prequel, then go to 1 and then 2
>>
Two good games and massive disapointment
>>
File: 1465051829423.jpg (43 KB, 460x474) Image search: [Google]
1465051829423.jpg
43 KB, 460x474
>>339965290
>starting with the prequel
>ever
>>
SPLOICERS
>>
>>339964179
>Bioshock 1
10/10 story , Ayn rand under water , the villan isn't that bad, your being mind controlled to kill him but your ally who is the real villan
Ok Rpg mechanics , ok level design
> Bioshock 2
Shitty story with better game mechanics , decent but forgettable
> infinite
Story starts good,around the half way point it turns into a shitty moffat era doctor who epsoide and never recovers
Gameplay is dumbed down it it's fine still,
>>
2 amazing games and 1 overrated shit heap
>>
>>339966258
>Ayn rand under water
not really, Ken had a massive lack of understanding towards objectivism, for instance there's no need to smuggle anything in a lawless society, yet people smuggle a lot of things
>>
>>339964042
>1
Great atmosphere and world building
>2
continues that with a great story and much improved combat
>Infinite
poor writing, but qt waifu and pretty interesting visual design. I recommend the DLC for this more than I recommend the main game.
>>
>>339964042
1. Falling asleep from boredom.

2. The origin of many cliches that are found in modern shooters like upgrades and perks.
>>
>>339964042
a game with great setting and storytelling
a game with great gameplay
a disappointment
>>
File: 1454507754041.png (78 KB, 251x193) Image search: [Google]
1454507754041.png
78 KB, 251x193
>>339968048
>Bioshock
>origin of upgrades and perks in shooters
>>
>Bioshock 1
Near perfect atmosphere, graphics that still hold up suprisingly well, awesome gameplay and a pretty damn good story

Overall 8/10

>Bioshock 2
Somehow manages to look worse than Bioshock 1, it looks blurry and half assed and sometimes it made me dizzy. Better combat, story is kinda meh and it's just a way to make the player experience combat

7/10

>Bioshock Infinite
Not a Bioshock game, decent gameplay ruined by Mr handy which just feels like bullshit combat based on luck

Story is crap and full of plotholes

Light 5/10, i haven't played burial at the sea doe
>>
>>339968438
It's not the origin, but after bioshock most story-driven shooters implemented similar features and have been doing so ever since.
>>
>>339964042
a good game followed by dissapointment
>>
>>339964042
Great
Good
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>339967149
Holy fuck you're stupid.
>>
Bioshock 1 - an admirable game that ultimately won't live up to its hype, but a memorable experience nonetheless.

Bioshock 2 - depending on your level of tolerance for infuriating garbage, you will either quit the fuck out of this cynical, publisher-mandated cashgrab by a B-team within the first five minutes, or you will play throug the DLC expansion campaign (the only redeeming part of this garbage cire of a game - it is made by the people who later went on to make Gone Home) AND THEN delete this game forever from your hard drive.

Bioshock Infinite - Auite possibly the best video game you will ever play in your entire life. It either fixes or does away with all the bullshit from Bioshock 1 that didn't work. What you will get with this game is the single greatest first-person shooter of the seventh generation, one of the best science fiction stories ever told, and many of the greatest and best characters in video gaming history.

Oh, and the DLC will make you glad that you've spent the time playing through Bioshock 1.

So get to it OP. You've got nothing to lose but a wonderful time!
>>
Bioshock is an absolute masterpiece imo. Top 5 game all time for me.

Bioshock 2 is.. well.. its a mixed bag. It improves on Bioshock in some gameplay elements, but they aren't always executed very well, and everything that isn't those few gameplay aspects is worse than Bioshock. They also went backwards in some ways that Bioshock 2 fanboys always pretend didn't happen. 2 also has multiplayer , but I'm pretty certain it's dead on every system. It was fun, but extremely unrefined and imbalanced.

Infinite is a tough one to call. Personally, I really like it. It's kind of heavy handed with some ideas and it does go off the deep end to a good extent, but if you accept the faults, the ending seriously hits hard. They go backwards in some ways, especially with linear level designs and more watered down combat and removal of some rpg elements and its kind of consolefied/codified, but its still worth playing. I personally found that despite it's faults, Bioshock Infinite's combat was some of the most enjoyable of any shooter I have ever played. If it had less linear areas and better weapon variety like Bioshock 1, it would probably be my favorite game.
>>
>>339966258
>Gameplay is dumbed down it it's fine still,
>infinite

LOL
>>
A great game, a good game, and a piece of utter shit.
>>
>>339972987
Oh, and as far as DLC goes, Minerva's Den is great, but Burial at Sea is just okay. Burial at Sea was pretty awesome in most ways, but the way they end the story and try to tie up the series is just really really bad. Like it is so bad that it makes me think slightly less of the proper games.
>>
>>339972645
This post is a joke, I'm fairly sure.
>>
memes
>>
>>339964042
1 and 2 are really good, spookey action adventure. I wont forget the first time when you arrive in Rapture.

3 is okay-tier with a retarded story and ending but it has some cool new features.
>>
>>339964042
People bitching about Bioshock Infinite being awful are just on the contrarian bandwagon, it's not a great game but it's still good, like a popcorn movie instead of something more significant.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 208x199
>>339967718
>I recommend the DLC
>DLC canon destroys the lore of the series
What are you on about?
>>
>>339964042
2 pretty good games and then 1 pretty not good game
>>
>>339975051
It's more fun and has a sexier Elizabeth than the main game.
>>
>>339975051
What lore does it destroy?
>>
>>339964042
In the first game you crashed the plane you were in
In the second I dont remember whats the deal
In the third youre cumstock
>>
>>339968048
wait, so deus ex and system shock dont exist or wasnt showered with awards?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.