[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Bloodborne the closest game to a modern day Castlevania?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 21
File: bloodborne.png (456 KB, 755x380) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
456 KB, 755x380
Is Bloodborne the closest game to a modern day Castlevania?
>>
does it matter?
>>
File: IMG_20160604_130315.jpg (118 KB, 718x620) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160604_130315.jpg
118 KB, 718x620
I found castlevania difficult though
>>
SOTN was a good game tho
>>
>focus on level design/bosses and gameplay over cinematics
>no hand holding

Yes. The Souls series as a whole really
>>
>>339960515

Yea, Bloodborne is better than good
>>
>>339960423
Why would you want a "modern day Castlevania"?
I want the metroidvanias back ;_;
>>
>>339960423

Probably, yes

Bloodstained aside
>>
>>339960423

>Gothic atmosphere
>Delay in attacks
>Boss focus
>Whips are good

Yes
>>
>>339960495
unless you are talking about 1-4
how?
>>
Souls/Borne aren't castlevanias or metroidvanias or whatever else you're trying to use to validate yourself
doesn't matter how often you repeat it
>>
>>339960423
for me its a cross between diablo 2 and SOTN
>>
File: Maria_Stillness.png (491 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
Maria_Stillness.png
491 KB, 752x752
>>339960423
Yes.
>>
>>339961259

>Souls/Borne aren't castlevanias

Explain

>gothic setting
>Bosses are primarily the crutch of the game
>Fantastic combat/gameplay
>numerous weapons each with their own niche
>known for their difficulty

I know, I know. "The games were totally easy for you bro!" but they are still known for being difficult.
>>
I got that vibe with Bloodborne, yeah.
Can't say I get a castlevania vibe with Dark Souls/Demon's Souls though.
>>
100% yes
>>
No, stop comparing Souls with Castlevania.

In Castlevania you can jump. That's a huge enough difference.

Soul games are modern, 3rd person King's Field with OOT's 3rd person combat mechanics and Z-target.
>>
>>339962206

I don't think people mean mechanically, the biggest difference is the 2D and 3D game design. I think people mean more with stuff like this >>339960542 & >>339961893

And I agree
>>
>>339961893
Well for starters you don't unlock abilities to reach new areas, which is kind of the whole thing about metroidvanias. the best you get are keys or the firewalker ring

Also most of your shit applies to dmc1 and 3, and they aren't called metroidvanias either.

>castlevania
>known for the difficulty
Excuse me?
>>
>>339962307

When they say "combat/gameplay" they must be referring to the mechanics, which are nothing alike.
>>
>>339962435
>Well for starters you don't unlock abilities to reach new areas
Yes you do. Keys and other items. Especially in DaS1 with the Orange Charred Ring. That counts. There's very little difference between opening a locked gate or using your new grappling hook to climb over it.

>Excuse me?
Excuse yourself. You're clearly underage and dumber than fuck.
>>
>>339960423
>Is Bloodborne the closest thing to a modern day Nightmare Creatures?

Yes, anon, it sure is
>>
>>339960423
Salt and Sanctuary would be even closer
>>
>>339962307

The games are nothing like Castlevania, in mechanics, settings or otherwise. The "goth" setting in Souls is more traditional medieval, Bloodborne is victorian but still not really comparable to Castlevania's universal movie horror feel.

Castlevania is a lot more similar to stuff like Darkstalkers, for example. Souls is more similar to Dungeon and Dragons stuff, you know, table top RPG with medieval settings.

Souls are modern versions of King's Field in everything but gameplay. King's Field was 1st person dungeon crawlers, and Souls are 3rd person action games like OOT.
>>
>>339962654
whatever makes you feel special for playing videogames
>>
OP is not asking if it IS Castlevania, he's asking if it's the closest thing we have and I think it is.
>>
>>339962206
>In Castlevania you can jump
You can also jump in Souls game ya tit.
>>
What's wrong with Lords of shadow? I thought it was good.
>>
>>339960423
Timeless classic 2d platformer vs shitty 3d game with horrible control that will age like milk... not even close
>>
File: bayonetta-whip.jpg (382 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-whip.jpg
382 KB, 1280x720
>>339962859

Stuff like Devil May Cry (not DmC) or Bayonetta are more similar to Castlevania when it comes to modern games. In fact those games were actually inspired by Castlevania.

Souls are inspired by table-top western RPGs.
>>
>It's a "Soulsfags try to validate themselves and hide in the shadow of a classic series while desperatly grasping at straws with similarities that either aren't there or don't matter at all" thread
You faggots are getting insufferable, leave Castlevania alone and focus on your own franchise
>>
>>339962435
Castlevania difficulty is pretty meme-tier. Applies somewhat less to metroidvania games outside of CoTM and OoE but even then you can go to professional reviews and find them talking about how tough games like PoR are.
>>
>>339962987

In Souls you can jump off ledges like in Ocarina of Time, but there's not a dedicated jump button like in Castlevania.
>>
They aren't even in the same genre and there are actual modern day metroidvanias like salt and sanctuary or axiom verge.

So no, youre a gigantic faglord.
>>
>>339963276
>In Souls you can jump off ledges like in Ocarina of Time
Are you retarded? You can jump on flat ground in Souls, the only pre-requisite is that you're sprinting, it's nothing like OoT.
>>
File: best castlevania.jpg (128 KB, 575x573) Image search: [Google]
best castlevania.jpg
128 KB, 575x573
>>339963150
>Timeless classic 2d platformer
That's not SotN though.
>>
>the "Souls is just like Castlevania" meme still exists
Play a fucking Castlevania game.
>>
>>339963276
Autistic specificity
>>
>>339963543

It still doesn't have a dedicated jump button and it's mostly used to dodge, not jump over platforms. Souls has no platforming mechanics or level design implemented, it's not a platformer in any way shape or form.
>>
>>339960423
Bloodbrone is the closest thing to any Nes and Snes clasic. From Castlevania to Zelda.
>>
File: nice try.jpg (66 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
nice try.jpg
66 KB, 530x600
They're essentially modern day Castlevania games (especially Bloodborne). They remove all of todays AAA tripe and bullshit (hand holding, cinematics every 5 minutes, no boss battles because "it's too gamey") and say to hell with it while giving you a pure gaming experience focusing on level design, boss battles, replayability and combat with a compelling lore/backstory to be found if you put the effort in. No bullshit QTEs, no hamfisted generic plot line about "saving da world", no removing control from the player at frequent intervals, none of that. When OP compares the games he's not talking on paper (The fact that Castlevania is primarily 2D should be evidence of this), he's talking about their design philosophies and he's absolutely correct

I don't expect /v/eddit to understand (not when people here unironically like Witcher/Last of Us and even Uncharted games).
>>
>>339963170
demons souls was almost completely inspired by a game called kings field, Japanese game that I guess wasn't so popular here but was in Japan
>>
>>339964070

But he's absolutely wrong, Bloodborne and Souls have not the same design philosophy of Castlevania, it takes its design philosophy from western RPGs, From themselves have said this.

Check out King's Field series when you can.
>>
>>339964070
>No bullshit QTEs, no hamfisted generic plot line about "saving da world", no removing control from the player at frequent intervals, none of that
That's all the similarities you've got? I guess BB could be called a modern day tetris then.
>>
>>339962121
Nice Oblivion character.

You can actually make really great faces in BB and DaS3 but people suck at character creation.
>>
>>339964279

>Bloodborne and Souls have not the same design philosophy of Castlevania, it takes its design philosophy from western RPGs, From themselves have said this.

So explain where they differ in design philosophy.

>Check out King's Field series when you can

I have and if you're saying Soulsborne is not like Castlevania because "muh 2D" then i'm saying Soulsborne is not like Kings field because "muh FPS"
>>
>>339964224

I know, I said that here: >>339962837

Not just inspired, DeS started as a sort of revival/reimagining of King's Field in 3rd person, King's Field is also one of the most famous From Software franchises. But yeah mostly in Japan, they were niche in the west (I still played them back in the day)
>>
>>339963893
Bloodborne has a few items and stuff that you can only get to by platforming, especially in the nightmares.
>>
>>339964303

>bosses
>Tetris

Nice try but there were more comparisons that you failed to include in your cherry picked out of context quote.

>. They remove all of todays AAA tripe and bullshit (hand holding, cinematics every 5 minutes, no boss battles because "it's too gamey") and say to hell with it while giving you a pure gaming experience focusing on level design, boss battles, replayability and combat with a compelling lore/backstory to be found if you put the effort in. No bullshit QTEs, no hamfisted generic plot line about "saving da world", no removing control from the player at frequent intervals, none of that
>>
>>339964224
It's more inspired by Shadow Tower but even then that comparison only applies to surface-level shit. It must have been inspired by Severance Blade of Darkness, the amount of things it shares in common with Demon's Souls is too high for that not to be the case. Hell, it's far closer to a Demon's Souls predecessor than King's Field or Shadow Tower are.
>>
>>339964070
why are western cartoons always used by complete morons
>>
>>339964070
>I'll drop in /v/eddit and name some shitty games to support my argument
When you say "Is X a modern day Y?" you mean the game as a whole, which Bloodborne clearly is not. Going by your retarded logic every game focused on gameplay would be a modern day Castlevania. Even then, it's not the only game to have done what you mention so the comparison is incredibly stupid
>>
>>339964372
>So explain where they differ in design philosophy.

Castlevania started as an arcade-style action platformer game.
SOTN implemented RPG elements and got ride of most of the platforming (you can jump, but there's really no consequence to missing a jump since there's no pits to fall to that would kill you).
I can understand comparing SOTN to Souls in the sense that both have some RPG elements, but so do many, many other games. Guardian Heroes or Knights of the Round have RPG elements, would you call them similar to Souls?

Bloodborne and Souls take their design philosophy from table-top RPGs and older dungeon crawling RPGs like Wizardry.
There's a huge difference in design philosophy there. Souls are nothing arcade-like.

>I have and if you're saying Soulsborne is not like Castlevania because "muh 2D" then i'm saying Soulsborne is not like Kings field because "muh FPS"

I never talked about 2D at all.
Souls are King's Field in setting/design, with OOT's 3rd person gameplay style.
>>
Souls games are literally castlevaniaxZeldamajorasmask.
>>
>>339964629

When people say Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is a modern day Thief 2 then what do they mean?

>Going by your retarded logic every game focused on gameplay would be a modern day Castlevania.

You keep cherry picking statements and simplifying my comment and then calling it "retarded" which only serves to make you look retarded.

The similarities lie in its focus on Level design, boss battles and difficulty. If you're going to simplify my argument then at least simplify it to that you stupid cunt
>>
File: 20160523_124155[1].jpg (2 MB, 2979x3957) Image search: [Google]
20160523_124155[1].jpg
2 MB, 2979x3957
>>339964498
When I played Shadow Tower for the first time, I was immediately having flashes of Demon's Souls.

Even just the music that plays during the text crawl at the start felt similar to the music that plays during the DeS intro. There's also the whole "Souls as currency and level up tool" aspect aswell.
>>
>>339964451

That's fine, there's some parts of Ocarina of Time that you can only access if you roll and jump off a ledge too, or use the hover boots. But it still doesn't make it a platformer.
>>
>>339964070
Bravo
I agree friend
>>
>>339964894

>Souls are nothing arcade-like.

This is outright false. They are completely arcade like. What do you define as arcade like anyway?

Bloodborne reminds me of SOTN due to its focus on level design, bosses and difficulty.
>>
>>339964967
>The similarities lie in its focus on Level design, boss battles and difficulty. If you're going to simplify my argument then at least simplify it to that
Oh so I guess Bloodborne is also a:
Modern day Megaman
Modern day Actraiser
Modern day Demon's Crest
Modern day Ninja Gaiden

I hope you're smart enough to figure out your own stupidity
>>
>>339960423
...what? they're completely different genres. what are you trying to express?
>>
>>339964894
Guardian Heroes and Knights of the Round have RPG elements but they do not have a huge interconnected game world to explore which was a more important element of SoTN and Metroidvania in general.
>>
File: kek.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>>339964070
>I don't expect /v/eddit to understand
So true
>>
File: 1405961950655.jpg (32 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
1405961950655.jpg
32 KB, 307x409
>>339960731
Why would you want a metroidvania"?
I want the "old action platformer castlevanias" back ;_;
>>
File: 1464682802019.jpg (3 MB, 2693x2837) Image search: [Google]
1464682802019.jpg
3 MB, 2693x2837
Here is my take on this (and for the record, OP is not wrong)

It's not just Bloodborne, but the 'Souls series as a whole that has been widely accepted as a 3D successor to the classic Castlevania games. This includes Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and 2, and Bloodborne. And rightfully so!

Bear in mind I wouldn't say they're identical to the point where we can say X Souls = Castlevania, and the Souls games certainly draw enough from their own inspirations to not be considered ripoffs. But the similarities are so strong that I think you'd have a hard time finding many games that are more similar. For example, if I asked you what game was the closest thing you've ever seen to a 3D version of Symphony of the Night, what would your answer be? I'm not saying you might not have an equally good answer, but I'll be damned if Dark Souls 1 isn't one of the best choices. :)

To find out why the Souls games are considered by many to be like a "truer" 3D adaptation of classic Castlevanias, we should consider two big things that the 3D Castlevanias do differently:

>LoI, CoD, and LoS all use fast movesets, usually built around button combos for their primary combat system
>In LoI, CoD, and LoS there are many rooms or plateaus that become locked-off when you enter, and you have to kill off respawning hordes until you can pass

These two things are very fundamentally different from the feel of older Castlevania games. Apart from specific systems (magic in SotN, etc), you didn't really have "button combos", at least not as a primary combat mechanic. There was no Tri + Tri + O to do a volley of moves, the attacks were very 1:1 with your button presses overall. Press attack once, whip once. Use sub item once, one projectile launches. It was simple.

1/??
>>
>>339965167

In every Souls game you start with a character creation screen, how is that arcade-like? That's literally Dungeons and Dragons.

>Bloodborne reminds me of SOTN due to its focus on level design, bosses and difficulty.

You should play King's Field then, it's more similar to Souls in level design than SOTN, which is like Metroid.

If you want a 2D game with actual focus on bosses and difficulty, I recommend Alien Soldier.
Not saying Alien Soldier is Souls-like either, though!
>>
>>339964967
>The similarities lie in its focus on Level design, boss battles and difficulty
remove difficulty and you have every 2d platformer ever, including fucking kirby
you wouldn't call bloodborne a modern kirby game would you you fucking faggot
holy shit
>>
File: bliss.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bliss.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
>>339965470

Cont...

Here's a quick comparison. Check out the Claymore's moveset from Dark Souls 1:
https://youtu.be/mbxV4pICj9o?t=26s

Vs some of the combat you'd use in Lords of Shadow:
https://youtu.be/pyCRT8YLTv4?t=1m58s

Or regarding enemy placement, here's what enemy encounters in CoD look like:
https://youtu.be/a3X6ZTqB-Zk?t=4m5s

Vs Dark Souls:
https://youtu.be/Cgmui6UldM0?t=2m42s
https://youtu.be/8Lv9lPN98y4?t=20m39s

And this is only beginning with the comparisons. Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne mostly have an interconnected, metroidvania world design. In all Souls games you have different armor you can collect for each body part, rings you can equip that gives various buffs or sometimes allow access to secret areas, a left hand and a right hand slot, so you can dual wield two different weapons or maybe put a shield in one hand. It reminds me of this:
http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/430222-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-xbox-360-screenshot-inventory.jpg

I could on and on. There's a level in Dark Souls 2 called No Man's Wharf in which you fight your way onto a ship, and then after defeating the boss it takes you to the next level. It's almost straight out of Castlevania 3.

Which brings me to my final point:

>"Can someone explain to me why people are comparing Bloodborne and Castlevania? As far as I can see the two look nothing alike."

It's not about how the games look, it's about how they feel and play. And that experience matches how a lot of people would like a new Castlevania game to feel.

2/2
>>
>>339965271

>Oh so I guess Bloodborne is also a:
>Modern day Megaman
No interconnected levels like SotN
>Modern day Actraiser
>Modern day Demon's Crest
>Modern day Ninja Gaiden

>>339965554
>>
>>339965478
Meanwhile after that character creation screen you go through levels in a linear fashion with a boss fight waiting for you at the end. The only way to make it more arcadey is to have limited continues after death and a score. Game's pretty arcadey compared to other stuff inspired by D&D, which makes it so fun.
>>
>>339965167
>Bloodborne reminds me of SOTN due to its focus on level design, bosses and dificulty
>and dificulty
u wot m8
>>
>>339965805

You heard me
>>
>>339965778
>backpedaling
if interconnection is your go to point how about including that in the initial post instead of damage controlling because you fucked up
>>
>>339965470
>>339965583
Your whole argument falls off when we compare gameplay: you know, the thing that's fundamental to videogames.

Also the whole "interconnected world" comparison is incredibly off, considering that the map navigation and connections in Castlevania are mobility based, which is practically nonexistant in Souls games. Castlevania games have a lot of verticality though, which again is not present in Souls games except for "climb ladder to go up"
>>339965778
>The similarities lie in its focus on Level design, boss battles and difficulty
>B-but the interconnected map!
Which one is it then, because if your only argument for comparing them is interconnected map might as well say Dark Souls is a modern day Maze of Galious
>>
>>339965945

I did when I said similarities in the "level design". I didn't specify what about the level designs were similar.

:^)
>>
>>339966106

>Castlevania games have a lot of verticality though, which again is not present in Souls games except for "climb ladder to go up"
>except for climbing ladders to go up

So Souls games don't have vertical level design except for when they do? Gotcha.

>Which one is it then

Interconnected map is one of the key aspects in where they are similar level design wise
>>
File: 1430330784379.jpg (60 KB, 320x370) Image search: [Google]
1430330784379.jpg
60 KB, 320x370
>>339966154
you cheeky little shit :^)
>>
>>339963893
There are a lot of platforming segments in Souls games, and pressing left analog stick in is a dedicated jump button.
>>
>>339966265
>Going up a ladder passes off for verticality
Honest question: have you ever played a Castlevania game?

>Interconnected map is one of the key aspects in where they are similar level design wise
Read my post again. Interconnected map is not equivalent to Castlevania
>>
File: 1448578081793.jpg (11 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1448578081793.jpg
11 KB, 170x213
>>339964070
>I don't expect /v/eddit to understand
Truth.
>>
guys bloodborne is a modern pokemon
>interconnected map
>rpg elements
>can name your character
>>
>>339966431

>Going up a ladder passes off for verticality

It objectively does, you only look like a desperate fool trying to deny it.

>Read my post again. Interconnected map is not equivalent to Castlevania

Interconnected map, prioritizing level design, bosses, combat and difficulty above all else. Yea, i'd say Souls is pretty damn comparable in game design to Castlevania outside of obvious differences like Platforming/2D
>>
File: castlevania_comic_2.png (1 MB, 576x1634) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_comic_2.png
1 MB, 576x1634
I'm playing Dracula X and i feel like I will only beat it with Maria ;_;
Did Death and Shaft boss rush with Ricther, but I'm reaching my casual breaking point.
>>
>>339967425
>It objectively does, you only look like a desperate fool trying to deny it.
Almost all actions, combat and gameplay occurs in flat surfaces. Your character can't even attack above himself or jump higher than a fucking fence

>Difficulty
Not present in metroidvania titles, the ones you're talking about.
>>
>>339963170
>>339963170
>DmC
>Bayonetta
>similar to Castlevania

Have you...played any Castlevania?
The Dark Souls have that vibe of venturing in a gothic world where everything can kill you in one hit despite your level if you are careless enoug.
Also you can equip miracles, sorceries and pretty much every medieval weapon.
>>
>>339967809
I'm so glad I'm not a vampire/demon hunter or anything of the sorts because I would fail my quest at literally the first succubus I find
>>
>>339967993
You can aim your attacks or shoot arrows/throw items up or down.
>>
>>339967993

>vertical level design is now =/= fighting enemies above you

Tell me more about this "goalpost shifting".
>>
>>339964070
This is a very good post.
Aria and Dawn of Sorrow are still the best sidescrollers I've played in my life and I've literally played more than 400 SNES games.
Portrait of Ruin was really good aswell, and Order of Eclessia was kinda gimmicky but interesting, fun and visually beautiful.
>>
>>339968305
>Have you...played any Castlevania?
Have you? The PS2 games were pretty much DMC.
>>
>>339968442
>Tell me more about this "goalpost shifting".
Tell me more about these "difficult metroidvanias" you've been playing
>>339968305
>The Dark Souls have that vibe of venturing in a gothic world where everything can kill you in one hit despite your level if you are careless enoug.
Good god you faggots haven't even played the games
>>
this is the dumbest thread on this website.

and that one guy trying to force the "souls games have so many ladders!!" meme is here, too.

I think he's the same guy that tried to force sickdark, too. he has some weird thing against bloodborne and wants to start a meme so fucking bad. the posts are the same time as the the sickdark ones were
>>
why the fuck are you faggots trying to sleep in the same bed as castlevania anyways. You don't have shit to show compared to the series so why try to validate yourself this much
>>
>>339968574

>Tell me more about these "difficult metroidvanias" you've been playing

Castlevania is a series known for its difficulty, especially the earlier ones.
>>
>>339968798
>Castlevania is a series known for its difficulty, especially the earlier ones.
You spent the entire thread talking about interconnected maps, which Classicvanias don't have.
>>
This is a bait thread
>>
>>339962435
Have you ever played the orginal Castlevania?
>>
>>339968923

Who's talking exclusively about the older Castlevanias? Why do you cherry pick every statement I say and take it out of context? is your argument that weak?
>>
File: Cainhurst.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cainhurst.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339960423
yes
>>
File: 1461434226609.jpg (122 KB, 1088x1088) Image search: [Google]
1461434226609.jpg
122 KB, 1088x1088
What's the Lords of Shadow of SoulsBorne?
>>
>>339968563
>>339968563
>ps2 castlevania
dropped
>>339968574
Nigger Im>>339968492
I played more Castlevania games and overall sidescrollers than many of you so quit your attempts of schooling me you utter pleb.
Go argue with your friends faggot, we are discusing videogames over here.
>>
File: Castlevania_II_Simon's_Quest.jpg (43 KB, 329x484) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_II_Simon's_Quest.jpg
43 KB, 329x484
>>339968923
>which Classicvanias don't have
I'm convinced that most people talking about Castlevania in this thread haven't even played the games
>>
>>339962206
Souls games are 3D, you can't jump but you're in 3D space so you have the same number of dimensions of play. Jumping 3D games is usually retarded.
>>
>>339969062
>Difficulty
>Interconnected maps
Castlevania literally only lets you pick one, yet you say Souls is a modern day version when it has both?
>>339969139
Please tell me what enemy one shots you in any Castlevania game other than the final boss of OoE (and that's a story gimmick). The only metroidvania title that ever came close to being hard was OoE lvl1 mode, and even then it was easy thanks to glyph unions
>we are discussing videogames over here
Where? All you are doing is jerking off over how Souls is totally like Castlevania
>>339969163
Fair enough, I forgot about that one. But then again everybody does
>>
>>339969198
is that why you love metroid prime so much
>>
>>339969776
>The only metroidvania title that ever came close to being hard was OoE lvl1 mode, and even then it was easy thanks to glyph unions

Glyph unions? Seriously? They won't do shit against the difficult parts of the game, or the boss fights. Like what the fuck are you going to do with the 3-4 glyph unions you can do in Skeleton Cave or the forest? It's also far more difficult than most Classicvania games, and certainly much more difficult than any Souls game.
>>
>>339970187
>They won't do shit against the difficult parts of the game, or the boss fights.
Death Ring + Beam Skeleton&Sword glyph union. Dracula dies in 10 seconds

Albus mode was also trivially easy thanks to teleportation
>>
>>339970428
You only get the death ring at the very end of the game, way after all the difficult parts of level 1 hard mode are done with. Albus mode is irrelevant since the game's not balanced for it.
>>
>>339970609
Doesn't change the fact that they do high damage and cover half the screen (some, not all).
>>
>>339970893
Useless until you get the death ring which trivializes like 3 boss fights at most. Even with glyph unions some bosses take over 5 minutes to beat while 2 shotting you, and that's if you're doing damage very efficiently.
>>
>>339968589
But what's wrong with being modern castlevania? Souls games is essentionally a metroidvanias in 3d in their structure.
>>
Not really. The only real connection is your character killing a lot of monsters. In terms of mechanics and themes the two are a lot different.
>>
>>339971041
>Even with glyph unions some bosses take over 5 minutes to beat
Only Eligor
>>
>>339960423
No, it's the closest game to a modern day Dark Souls game.
>>
>>339960495

Tryhard faggot. Go play the dlc or the chalices and get back to me you dumb animefag hipster
>>
>>339971480
The giant and rusalka took ages too, maybe not over 5 minutes but close
>>
>>339965360
Looking forward to Brave Earth?
>>
>>339971630
>Sonygger this mad

>Dodge
>Dodge
>Attack
>Dodge
>Attack

Literally buckets of health pots of your too much of a shitter for this fucking cake walk. Just in case the inbred retards playing on the PS4 can handle it.
>>
>>339969776
>what is The Creature in Portrait of Ruin
>>
>>339960423
>it's a 'people try and compare soulsborne game to an old game' episode again
soulsborne games are very similar to many old games
>>
File: 1460015738484.jpg (162 KB, 994x1334) Image search: [Google]
1460015738484.jpg
162 KB, 994x1334
Japanese sure were indoctrinated with western culture uh?kek Once you go european you don't turn back.
>>
>>339972912
The boss that's made completely useless with a single spell
>>
File: Yharnam.jpg (3 MB, 2967x4210) Image search: [Google]
Yharnam.jpg
3 MB, 2967x4210
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.