[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Worked at G4 from 2006-2011 > Started out as an intern,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: G41.png (6 KB, 300x320) Image search: [Google]
G41.png
6 KB, 300x320
> Worked at G4 from 2006-2011
> Started out as an intern, then a generic "consultant", then an uncredited junior associate producer, and back to a "consultant" when shit started to go South

Ask me anything.
>>
>>339955502
did you fuck morgan
>>
>>339955502
anything G4 related?
>>
>>339955502
>This thread again
>Nothing about how you're doing it again

Well, now I think you're just a big fat liar.
>>
What is G4? PowerMac or something?
>>
>>339955502

Is sessler an addict
>>
>>339955626
>was going to ask him about his favorite tv shows and movies
>>
>>339955502
How big was Morgan Webs breast? and did you see them?
>>
What was it like towards the end?
>>
>>339955502
Who let a guy with a lisp host AOTS?
Who was really in charge, and why did they make so many idiotic decisions?
Was Haislip's ass as nice irl as it was on tv?
>>
File: G42.png (22 KB, 400x440) Image search: [Google]
G42.png
22 KB, 400x440
>>339955579
No.

>>339955626
Yes.

>>339955741
I've heard a number of things. I have good reason to believe he's done coke (and/or still does), but as for his stuttering, weird tics and other things, it's mostly anxiety and nerves.

>>339955861
They were pretty good. Never saw them considering it was a premium cable network, not a strip club.

>>339956047
1. Kevin was with the network for a long time and did a lot of production work on previous shows. He had the most positive screen test when AOTS was being developed.

2. The more NBCUniversal got involved, the worse things became. I can't pin it on a single person, as the bigwigs had this grandiose vision of G4 becoming a better Spike TV.

3. Never paid attention to her ass, so that should be saying something.
>>
>>339955579
>>339955861
>Somebody brings up G4
>Topic instantly becomes about morgan webbs tits

Never change /v/
>>
>>339957143
This board is full of 12 year olds. What did you expect?
>>
Who was your favorite person there that we would know?

What was the coolest part about the job?

Was Kristen Holt a sweetie?
>>
Why did they stop doing "Gphoria?" I looked forward to that every year.

Also, did you get to work with Victor and Tommy? What are they like?
>>
I have been looking for old episodes of Cinematech or an archive of such episodes for a long time now.

Any insight into old G4 shows?
>>
>>339955502
Was Cory Rouse a dick? I heard he got fired because he was a dick.
>>
>>339957530
This

I'm looking for old episodes of Extended Play.
>>
At what point did everyone there realize G4 was done for?
>>
>>339955502
If you could do it all over again, would you? What is your favorite office story?
>>
>>339957649
Someone needs to find whatever storage room that holds all the old tapes of those shows and covert/release a mega archive.

I can dream right
>>
File: jim.jpg (36 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
36 KB, 435x435
>>339955502
Yeah I have a question for you.

Why did you guys fuck up TechTV?
>>
>>339955502
Why did you make the same thread again?
>>
>>339957479
gphoria was too expensive for them to keep doing
>>
>>339956849
What about her ass? was that nice
>>
>>339958965
They did remotes with her where the camera was specifically zoomed into her ass, the stripper pole stuff and even today she talks about the ass fetish the show had with her.

I call shennaigans on op. He either didnt work there, or was a janitor who never saw anyone
>>
>>339955502
Is this a new thing now? Daily threads about "working at G4" and giving a shit load of vague answers that people were already aware of?
>>
how did the Ninja Warrior Japan stuff start, in terms of making the deal and talking to Japanese networks? Many people see it as the downfall of G4, ninja warrior and Arrested Development reruns, but I'm actually fond of those days, as they were the last time I watched G4.
>>
File: G43.jpg (43 KB, 640x423) Image search: [Google]
G43.jpg
43 KB, 640x423
>>339957427
1. Easily Kevin Pereira. The only two people that were (semi) disliked were Olivia Munn and end-of-career Adam Sessler.

2. All the vidya-related perks. Playing games, keeping (some) games, going to E3 2010, and one year getting both a DS Lite and a Wii for free.

3. Didn't work on Cheat, but some co-workers of mine would always talk about how she had a good sense of humor about not knowing shit about vidya.

>>339957479
1. GPhoria was expensive as all hell, and didn't pull in enough ratings. Everything about it was uncomfortable, as most of the celebrity "guests" were paid to attend, and most of them didn't even know what G4 was.

2. Never met either.

>>339957530
>>339957649
>>339957870
ZDTV/TechTV content is most likely gone with the wind. I know NBCUniversal has SOME G4 content. There was a short-lived concept that would entail classic G4 content being shown in the 1:00 - 5:00 AM timeslot, but money was disappearing like magic, and content from advertisers (paid programming, infomercials, etc.) were chosen instead.

NBCUniversal has no reason or incentive to release or distribute any G4 content, so you're best off finding taped/DVR'd episodes on the web.

>>339957774
When YouTube and social media started to become big. Literally everything G4 offered could be pushed out and consumed faster, and for fractions of some of the programming's budgets. Any hope of remaining this tech/vidya entertainment platform was gone, and the focus was further shifted towards being a "lifestyle" platform, but even then, there was little interest in buyouts or complete rebrands.
>>
>>339956849
>No
>>339956849
>Never saw them considering
>>339956849
>Never paid attention to her ass
Why the fuck even make a thread?
>>
How did you get into the industry? I'm talking secondary education and such. How did you go about becoming and intern?
>>
Today's line up
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cheaters
Cops
Cops
Cops
X-Play
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
Cops
X-Play
>>
Bump for interdest
Also, did you like Code Monkeys?
>>
Any interesting workplace drama?
>>
>>339962789
Like Morgan Webbs tits being exposed, or in her underwear, or giving people blow jobs?
>>
Did vidya companies/publishers paid G4 to get more screen time?
>>
>>339962431

Not the OP but I was mad when they didn't renew Code Monkeys for a season 3 despite having a decent amount of viewers and then I marathoned it and realized that season 2 was honestly not that great.
>>
I was sad when G4 ended. I knew the network was shit when it made the transition but I still liked X-Play and AOTS. The finale was depressing. Regardless of stupid exec decisions, Techtv/G4 would have tanked anyway because of how strong the internet and social media is. It's sad but true. It's as useless as Toonami on Adult Swim.
>>
>It's another one of those "I worked at G4" threads.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.