[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A wizard comes to you and offers three choices, you must pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: j3zKBDg.jpg (814 KB, 1430x944) Image search: [Google]
j3zKBDg.jpg
814 KB, 1430x944
A wizard comes to you and offers three choices, you must pick one.

>Artorias of the Abyss never existed, but instead From patched all of the post Anor Londo game, making it even better than the first half of the game somehow

>Dark Souls remains as-is, Artorias of the Abyss never existed, but it remains a niche game like Demon's Souls was. It never gets famous for being le hardcore, and it enjoys a smallish but very dedicated fanbase. The sequels never come out though, although Bloodborne still does.

>Dark Souls never existed and the series instead begins with Bloodborne, which is now multiplat and will get two sequels.

>Everything remains as it is today and the wizard leaves.

Choose wisely
>>
give me the bloodborne option NOW
>>
>Dark Souls was a niche game with a tiny following before AotA
OP is a dumb faggot.
>>
Everything is fine as it is now.
>>
>>339954190

Surprisingly tough choice between 1 and 4. 2 and 3 are dumb as shit though. I guess 1, although I feel like the Artorias DLC defined the later boss styles which made the DaS3 bosses so good.
>>
First option.
I'd love the fanbase to not be shit, but that will always matter less than the actual games themselves. DS2 not existing and BB being multiplat with sequels both sound very enticing, but it's not worth it to me.
AotA wasn't even any good other than the boss fights anyway.
>>
How about, for option 2, Prepare to Die edition still exists but the PC port never happened?
>>
>>339954781
That's not what he said. You give up AotA IN EXCHANGE for Souls being niche. It's a magic trade off not a cause and effect thing.
>>
wheres option 5 with sony releasing all their games only on ps4 + pc.
>>
>>339955065
The fuck would that even change? The real muh hardcore shitters are all consolefags. It's a bad port but that's the worst option.
>>
>>339954781
>like Demon's Souls was
Learn to read nigga.
>>
>Dark Souls never existed
>the series instead begins with Bloodborne
What is Demon's Souls?
Just cut out that Dark Souls trash and have the series as DeS, Bloodborne, and those hypothetical sequels, and you've got a winner.
>>
>>339954190
>i dont know what demons souls is: the post
>>
Option 4 because I don't ever fuck with the time continuum.
>>
File: 1461638152235.png (183 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1461638152235.png
183 KB, 540x304
>>339954190
I'd tell him how much of a faggot OP is for thinking that retards weren't already attached to Dark Souls prior to the dlc. Why do you think it was released with a title like "prepare to die" in the first place?
>>
4th option

Artorias of the abyss was needed for from software to develop ideas for the future of the series and to expand onto a new platform, PC is a large area of potential newer players and this shouldn't be frowned upon.

I've never understood, as a playstation player why so many people are opposed to from developing games for other platforms, and with cases like Bloodborne, if sony want to make games with from, then why not? But for From themselves and dark souls, if there's nothing locking them down, I see no reason not to want the largest userbase possible.

Artorias of the abyss was also a learning point for the series, it introduced better bosses with more mechanics and felt a lot more focussed in it's "good" content.

Although Bloodborne is certainly a great game, not my favourite of the series, but not the worst either, I think the series works better when it's anchored around dark souls being the main multiplat, the setting allows them to utilise unique ideas and concepts almost like a testing ground for games like Bloodborne, this is essentially what artorias of the abyss was. In addition, the medieval theme is a lot more versatile than the strict victorian theme (Bloodborne did eventually expand on this with areas like fishing hamlet, but if they wanted to do something similar to dark souls, they could have explored pthumerian cities or even weird eldritch environments, which I never feel they did very well).

My problem with dark souls 3 isn't the bosses or anything like that, the story, the npc's, it's all there, it's that I think they've lost that testing ground branching new ideas feeling, which works as it's the last game in the series I guess.

Either way, I feel 3 games of bloodborne would have felt much more monotonous than 3 games of dark souls.
>>
>>339955503
Oh. Yeah that's what I meant by that one. DARK Souls never existed and Bloodborne was made in its place.

Sorry bad wording on my part.

>>339955605
Can you not read? By giving up the DLC and sequels it remains as popular as DEMON'S SOULS was, and never gets big. Because of wizard magic, dudebros never get into it and see it as le hard meme game.
>>
>>339955503
>Just cut out that Dark Souls trash and have the series as DeS, Bloodborne, and those hypothetical sequels, and you've got a winner.
That's exactly what that option is. Demon's isn't part of a series, so a BB series would replace DaS.
>>
File: 20160604210749_1.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604210749_1.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
How get there?
>>
File: 1452992577327.jpg (394 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
1452992577327.jpg
394 KB, 500x616
>>339955825
>OP just happened to choose Artorias DLC as the part to cut off
>Goes to great lengths to talk about how shitty the fanbase is

You're right, it's just a pure coincidence. Don't try reading between the lines.
>>
>>339955823
>why so many people are opposed to from developing games for other platforms
its mostly falseflagging

>>339955847
throw firebombs at it and drop down.
>>
File: 1452666184339.jpg (48 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
1452666184339.jpg
48 KB, 397x525
>>339956086
I AM OP you fucking mongoloid, and I'm clarifying that in exchange for niche status you get ONLY THE BASE GAME.

A real autist never fucking listens. I should read that book so I can learn how to nail the truth into your dense fucking wooden head
>>
Option 1 seems like a nobrainer.
>>
File: 121.png (160 KB, 568x1023) Image search: [Google]
121.png
160 KB, 568x1023
>>339956346
>I am defending the OP super hard
>I use I when referring to OP's posts
>I am OP
no fucking shit, does that in any way alter what I said about it not being a coincidence that the OP specifically uses Artorias as the part needing to be cut off when it is often referred to when crying about the fanbase?

If you can't understand what I'm getting at, maybe this picture will give you an idea of what I think about the OP
>>
>>339955390
PC port made the fanbase shit, dont deny it.
>>
File: 1461806341249.jpg (205 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1461806341249.jpg
205 KB, 900x675
>>339956774
You're right. It's not a coincidence. I picked the ONE FUCKING TIME ADDITIONAL CONTENT WAS ADDED TO THE DARK SOULS FRANCHISE BEYOND THE BASE GAME TO GIVE PEOPLE A TOUGH CHOICE BETWEEN MORE GAME OR A BETTER FANBASE.

NOWHERE did I state Artorias is what fucked up the community. Are you too stupid to realize that?

What if I did a different poll on a different series and made an option that says "Nintendo consoles always have the best hardware, but they will never make another metroid or zelda game"? Does that imply that metroid and zelda are the reasons Nintendo hardware sucks? No you fucking faggot it's a TRADE OFF
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.