[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Alien: Isolation? Is 5.9 a fair score?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (366 KB, 1003x465) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
366 KB, 1003x465
What did you think of Alien: Isolation?

Is 5.9 a fair score?
>>
>>339954103

No.
>>
>>339954103
Yeah, I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't bring it up in conversation.
>>
Maybe a 7/10. Not that great, didn't like the hide and seek.
>>
File: 214490_20160319021147_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
214490_20160319021147_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>339954103
No. 8.5/10 for me. Hide and seek does get repetitive but they nailed the production design of Alien and if you're scared of xenos it's tense as fuck on hard
>>
No, but the points he made about it overstaying it's welcome by the halfway point are quite valid. Good game but actually too long. It starts to get really old and tedious after a while and the alien becomes less of a scary thing and more just a frustrating nuisance. I'd give it a 7.5 for presentation, atmosphere, graphics, sound design, etc alone though.
>>
>>339954103
I fell for the /v/ memes and bought it.
Extremely boring
>>
>>339954103
boring as shit (I'm so sorry CA)
>>
Too much for that crap
>>
5.9 is too high.

Honestly one of the most boring, repetitive, braindead games I've ever played
>>
>>339954103
I dont care what people says, getting found by the Alien every goddamn 5 minutes is not fun at all, not spoopy, just plain annoying. The robot parts were 10/10 spooky.
>>
Maybe 6/10. Braindead AI when there is 3 enemies is not ok
>>
>>339954103
It's a good formula but it dragged on for too long. I got tired of it towards the end. Still 8/10 would buy the sequel.
>>
They had gameplay that was fun for about an hour that they stretched into a 10 hour game.

There's the alien, robots, and other human enemies, but every fucking scenario is the same. You hide in some airducts and closets, wait for them to leave, and then slowly creep through identical hallways to the next identical airduct or closet.

It's a truly bad video game and I do not understand the praise it got at all.
>>
Getting the flamethroweer really destroyed a lot of what made the game work. I get that they were trying to make you feel powered up but it went too far.

The final sequence of the game where the ship's falling apart and there are multiple xenos after you literally became

>take ten steps
>xeno drops from roof
>tap flamethrower trigger three times
>xeno jumps back into roof
>take ten steps
>repeat

Really lame.
>>
Too much shit with the bullet sponge androids, they should have just made the aliens killable after they reveal there's more than one if they wanted those shooter elements.
>>
>>339954103
It was just like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. You enjoy the first bit for the atmosphere, music and mechanics. Then you realise everything is retarded and not scary.

Seeing the alien run about instead if crawling on walls made me burst out laughing. I remember opening a door and seeing it just run along. I spat out my coffee.

The game is far too long because you see throgh how thing it is pretty quickly.
>>
>>339955371

there's a shitty opinion if I ever read one
>>
>>339955341
I ran out of flamethrower around the end of the game,so I still had some good moments. The part where the lights shut off and you need to find the generator in the darkness was pants shitting material.
>>
>>339955371

How the androids were handled was one of the best parts you dummy.

Especially when it was essentially impossible to take one out without (A) using a precious crafted item or (B) bringing the ayy down on you by using a firearm. It actually encouraged stealth gameplay and resource management in a not shitty way.
>>
>>339954103
Lol classic IGN
>>
No, more like a 7

People seriously overrate it when it is really an okay game with some terrible ai
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
The level in the nest was pretty great
>>
It deserves better than 5.9. One of the few horror games that I actually enjoyed.

The biggest problem in my view is that it drags on towards the end. You stumble from one catastrophe to another. It sort of outstays its welcome.
>>
Playing through it now for the first time. I just released the other xenos out of the reactor. I just knew it couldnt have been over after taking out the first alien.

So far im really liking it, but god damn its a stressful game. Id give it a solid 8 or 9 out of 10 so far.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.