[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this game. Was it a good decision?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Pillars-of-Eternity-log.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Pillars-of-Eternity-log.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1200
Just bought this game. Was it a good decision?
>>
You could always just play it yourself and find out what you think of it.
>>
no lol
>>
someone post that image of the SJW elf or dwarf that tells you it's shemale
>>
>>339952593
Play to find out you retard.

Attention whoring is never a good decision though. Kill yourself shorty after playing it.
>>
God no
>>
It starts good, but declines fast
>>
>>339953514
the backer created characters really shouldn't have existed at all.

i know they technically made the game possible but they also ruined any immersion in the game which pretty much killed it.
>>
>>339953765
I don't agree.

I think it starts out medicore with highlights (like Raedric Hold) in Act 1, gets overall good in Act 2, then goes to shit in Act 3.

As far as I know most people who dropped it did it right after Act 2.
>>
>>339953765
How come?

My first 20 minutes are looking friggin great!
>>
it's not as bad as everybody here says, especially if you already completed all the old infinity engine rpgs and you're craving for more

we're not on the same level, not even close I think, especially in the gameplay, characters and world department, but I mean, as I said, it's not that bad

mobs don't give out exp, and prepare to meet a lot of encyclopedia npcs and generic quests

also, there's a pretty nice dlc, divided in two parts, but it costs a lot
>>
>>339953612
Man, people will get triggered by anything these days
>>
>>339953968
>i know they technically made the game possible
No, backer created characters didn't made the game possible. Funding did.

There are many good crowd-funded Indie games that didn't require shit like this.

Just let the dev do his job, you are funding because you want the game to be made and trust the dev, not to fulfil your retarded ambition of taking a part in the development of the game without actually being a developer.

It's fucking stupid. It's like letting your average guy from the street help in the design of spacecraft because it was funded with his taxes. It doesn't fucking work like that.
>>
>>339954073
>mobs don't give out exp
They actually did and the idea of getting both XP and knowledge about certain types of enemies up until a point was pretty neat.

The problem is, they should give a lot more XP.
>>
>>339954301

Very well put. Which are the backer races? Aumaua must be because it's a fucking retarded thing
>>
>>339953514
Isn't that siege of Dragonspear for baldurs gate? Or am I missing a stupid joke?
>>
>>339953968
Which backer characters? All the ones you can completely ignore so that it doesn't break your autistic immersion? Or is there a backer char that is actually important?
>>
>>339954690
Yes, the joke is>>339953514
is a retard who doesn´t know any of these games.
>>
>>339954602
I think it was godlikes actually, they are as "special snowflake donut coldsteel" as you can get.

I didn't mind aumauas, they are basically orcs but with calmer temperament and talent for technology. Nothing wrong with that (even though I love guns and hate big/brute races in RPGs)
>>
File: 198789748949847.png (37 KB, 499x404) Image search: [Google]
198789748949847.png
37 KB, 499x404
>roll barbarian
>have a ton of hit points and endurance
>but can't hit shit even with good perception
>slowly get raped by bandits and kobalds

>roll wizard
>have shit hit points and shit endurance
>cast parasitic staff, arcane veil and infuse with vital essence
>not many enemies can hit me, even if they do, I now have more endurance than a fighter
>do 30 damage per hit with the staff
>suck up endurance points to boot
>>
>>339955756
I just rolled barbarian myself dude...
>>
File: 1412183626805.jpg (40 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
1412183626805.jpg
40 KB, 533x533
>>339955756
>mages are shit as traditional casters
>only shine as a spellblades
quality Sawyer's balance
>>
>>339955756
>>339956426

You guys are whack, barbarian is the best class out there. With your aoe damage thing you will absolutely annihilate groups of enemies.

Just make sure you have someone to keep aggro off you because you will die quick.
>>
was stronghold overhauled finally? was shit in vanilla, it was best to not bother with it
>>
File: 1411883797894.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1411883797894.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>339955756
>rolled a monk on potd
>to power up his abilities you need to get hit
>getting hit on potd is a death sentence, only viable tanking is a deflection tanking
>>
>rangers are even shittier than they are in D&D

at least in D&D they're not burdened with a weak, shitty animal companion that afflicts the ranger with a big fat nerf if it falls during a combat encounter--and it will, because it's paper-weak. And if you keep the animal AWAY from the combat then you gain nothing at all by being a Ranger and should've just been another class!
>>
>>339952593
>buying pillars of diversity
>>
>>339954813
you can "ignore" them in the same way that you can "ignore" that fallout is set in a wasteland. backers characters are literally (and that's actually literally) everywhere unless it's a dedicated combat area.

also, did you see how many fucking godlikes there are all over the place, all of them being backer characters? if i'm not mistaken, there was a grand total of ONE godlike in the actual game because they were supposed to be rare.

to bring it back to a fallout comparison, imagine if the next one had a hundred talking deathclaws (ala goris from fallout 2) all around the place and yet the game tried to inform you that they barely existed.

if you say that it's autistic to complain about these kinds of inconsistencies then i don't know what to tell you, dude.
>>
>>339957090
>tfw ranger i smy favurite class in D&D they are basically smart fighters that trade some of the sheer strength for situational utilites (favoured enemy, traps, hide, survival etc.) and I never cared for animal companions

>rangers in PoE are literally build around being a MMO-tier DPS class with a squishy MMO-tier tank animal companion
Well fuck you too game.
>>
>>339956632
Still true for Shadows of Amn I think
>black blade of disaster
>greater contingency: improved haste, tenser's transformation, protection from magical weapons
Enjoy four rounds of god mode turning everything into fucking ash
>>
>>339955756
How can you fuck up a Barbarian? Just put point into Might for fuck's sake.
>>
where (or when) the hell can i get the white march without paying like 20 euros
>>
>>339957991
Might is also important for wizards because it determines how much damage spells do. Intelligence determines AoE range, distance, and length of spells, so for a wizard to do decent damage, they need 18-20 might which is why they're stupidly strong with Deleterious alacrity of motion Deleterious Alacrity of Motion and Citzal's Spirit Lance. Slap on Ironskin for damage resistance and Llengrath's Displaced Image to turn hits into grazes.

Barbs a shit
>>
>>339957741
Sure, the godlikes being everywhere is silly, but the backer npcs just stand there and don't actually do anything right? They are just like regular villagers etc in the game world that you can totally ignore. They are there basically for the sake of making areas look populated right? They are almost completely nondescript, so yes complaining about them is autistic.
>>
>>339958486
>They are almost completely nondescript

they don't look like villagers and yet tons of them are in every town; it makes it seem like 90% of the world's population is adventurers.
>>
>>339958807
>they don't look like villagers

It's an isometric game. What, are you zooming in on each tiny npc to make sure they are dressed properly for whatever occupation you think they have? Godlikes aside since they are easy to pick out, that's pretty damn autistic anon.
>>
>>339952593
No
>>
>>339959229
>What, are you zooming in on each tiny npc to make sure they are dressed properly for whatever occupation you think they have?
I'm sorry but you don't need to zoom in to notice that a guy with buring hair and full plate, shield and a sword stading all alone in a small hut is a little out of place.

>your attention to deatil is autistic!
Go away. You are everything that is wrong with vidya today.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.