[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other games like pic related where you manage a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: y8yh.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
y8yh.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
Are there any other games like pic related where you manage a crew and upgrade your ship while exploring space?
>>
>>339944664
anyone else kinda triggered by that suboptimal beam usage?
>>
There is "Into the Stars" but it seems to be shitty 3D version of FTL.

I wish there was a game with FTL mechanics but without constant "run away from the rebels" thing.
>>
It's not in space and there's technically no crew, but you'd probably get a kick out of Convoy.
>>
>>339945059
In my case it's closed windows when there's so much fire already.
>>
>>339945059
I'd be more concerned about the doors being closed when shits burning.
>>
>>339945086
a Sid Meiers Pirates IN SPACE with FTL ship combat would be neat.
>>
>>339945232
it's fun but it has so many problems that start to crop up after a few games
>>
>>339945086
have you tried the endless mod? You're basically are free to do what ever you want.
>>
File: approaching_infinity.jpg (292 KB, 1023x769) Image search: [Google]
approaching_infinity.jpg
292 KB, 1023x769
>>339944664

Approaching Infinity. It's not for the faint of heart and one of the best sci-fi actual roguelikes out there and the devs know it. It'll cost you 40 bucks and it's not on Steam.

You just go from sector to sector. I heard the record was up in the 500s and some have said some really crazy shit starts happening that are not around in the early/mid parts of the game.

Also you will lose like hundreds of crew members.
>>
>>339945381
I love Sid Meier's Pirates so I would like to combine any good game with it and see what happens.
>>
>>339945478
Never heard of it. Is it from the expansion pack or something? Sounds like a reason to play FTL again.
>>
>>339945269
>>339945369
well with optimum beam usage he'd have won already (optimum usage is start at oxygen room, slice though shields, engine and weapons, would have dealt an additional 3 damage and crippled their weapons)
while if there's a fire in the oxygen room and the rest of the fire is in non critical areas I'd consider not opening the doors to preserve oxygen longer
>>
>>339945059
Isnt this the beam do more damage to blank room?
>>
>>339946113
nah, glaive is the 3 damage beam, but that beam can hit 4 rooms if you aim it right and he's hitting only 3
and course you always ensure you hit the shield room as early as possible with a beam weapon to deal more damage
>>
>>339946094
He will need to open the windows anyway coz it's too hot on the ship. And if fire begins to spread it's just more oxygen loss. Besides, Graffin is fucked.
But yeah, the beam is misplayed.
>>
Only managed to beat this damn thing on easy so far. Can I blame shitty luck on that or am I just not gud enough?
>>
>>339947680
Luck is important but it doesn't mean you can't git gud.
>>
FTL always fucks up my desktop icons when I play it, anyone know how to fix it? Super annoying
>>
>>339948684
I really don't want to go through it again with the risk of running into a hard counter to whatever setup I got 2~ hours into a playthrough.
>>
>>339947680
both. You have to know which weapons work pretty well together, always know what kind of ship you want at the end of the game (so you don't buy any strong weapon you see but actually choose them depending of what you currently have) or what to upgrade first. The rest is pure luck.
>>
>>339949247
What really annoys me is that there's no comeback mechanics. So if you were clutching like a beast and now you feel great but your hull doesn't, you're most likely not gonna make it because you need money for repairs and then you can't upgrade your ship and because of it next encounter fucks you up so you need to repair again and so on. And next time once you get out of some intense combat with no hull you don't feel like trying to finish this playthrough.
>>
>>339949161
Play windowed?
I only get that with games that were made before Christ and have max reso in the triple digits.
>>
>>339947680
Both. Losing isn't "part of the fun", so just keep playing on easy until you get some new hulls.
Once I strung together like 5 easy wins in a row, I went to normal and actually enjoyed it.
>>
File: header.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
>>
>>339945676

>40 dollars for a roguelike

dropped
>>
>>339945676
>Roguelike on a CD
Is this real life?
>>
>want to enjoy FTL
>RNG always fucks me over
>even if I get to the Last Stand, I didn't get the guns and upgrades I needed
I'm fine with losing but 10 times in a row because of RNG?
>>
>>339945676

Nah.

I paid Shrapnel $65 for Dom3 back in it's heyday.

It still took them weeks to mail it to me, never again.
>>
File: EndlessSpace.png (676 KB, 788x724) Image search: [Google]
EndlessSpace.png
676 KB, 788x724
Endless Space for the DS!
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.