[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this DLC really worth it? I absolutely fucking HATE the idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 1465x1259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 1465x1259
Is this DLC really worth it? I absolutely fucking HATE the idea of DLCs so I never buy them, yet so many people claim this game isn't even worth playing without it. If you agree with that, how can you even justify that as a business practice?
>>
>>339942932
Theres nothing wrong with DLC if it adds to the base game instead of being carved out of the base game to be sold to you after.

The Dark Souls 1 DLC is quite obviously an after thought as it takes place in an area completely separate from the rest of the game, and therefore the base game was not in any way shape or form hampered by its existence.

If you like the base game then get the DLC, its more than worth the money in this particular case
>>
>>339942932
>>339943121
Isn't the DLC for Dark Souls 1 free?
>>
>>339942932
Justify that as a business practice? Justify what? That you hate the IDEA of DLC's and never buy it but this one game you posted a picture of people praise the DLC as good.

What the fuck are you even expecting as a response you fucking spreg?
>>
I found it to be the weakest Souls borne DLC. Artorias and Sanctuary Guardian are pretty good bosses but I think Kalameet and Manus are shit fights. The first area is pretty much reskinned from the base game and it doesn't offer a lot of new items outside of the dark sorceries.
>>
>>339943438
Only if you bought the PC version.
>>
>>339943438
for PC
>>
>>339943438

No, but most people buy the Prepare to Die edition which features the dlc.

This is not essential to enjoying the game but it is a great addition. DLC is fine, microtransaction cosmetics are silly.
>>
>>339942932
It's the best part of the game imho.

Addon content done right.
>>
The base game is quite enjoyable without it but it does at some of the best areas and bosses.
>>
>>339942932

It's the best DLC I've ever played
>>
>>339942932
>I absolutely fucking HATE the idea of DLCs so I never buy them
That's retarded
>yet so many people claim this game isn't even worth playing without it.
nobody said that, and if they did it's a crazy hyperbole
>If you agree with that, how can you even justify that as a business practice?
"How can you agree with something I specifically framed to be unagreeable with?"
>>
>>339943482
>>339944402
The game has a massive and undeniable drop in quality in the second half. Yet you retards will eat up this average DLC and pay From your money so that this part of the game is marginally better. So once again, instead of pointing out the obvious, why don't you attempt to actually provide an argument for this?
>>
>>339944829
We didn't say we buy jack shit. You're assuming we buy any and all DLC but your bullshit claim " Yet you retards will eat up this average DLC and pay From your money so that this part of the game is marginally better."

When the fuck did we say that? So once again, if you're OP learn to formulate your ideas into words better. Don't attempt to start shit with others when you don't even make sense to yourself.
>>
File: 3.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>339944829
So it's a b8 thread. Gotcha.
>>
>>339944008
This. I loved the way it fit in to the story, expanding massivley on something that was only hinted at in the main story.

Also Artorias is one of the coolest Souls bosses to date, in design at any rate.
>>
I would be hard pressed to find anyone who would claim Dark Souls to be 10/10 or a masterpiece withot the inclusion of Artorias of the Abyss.

It's kind of a catch 22 with souls games. The dlcs don't really feel like a brainless afterthought cashin. That's good for people wanting more content quality of the base game. That said it's bad because you are missing the real experience playing any souls game without shelling out extra for dlc.
>>
>>339942932
How can you justify sucking so much dick daily OP?
>>
>>339942932
It should be free by now honestly
>>
The DLC is DS1 isn't nearly as good as many make it out to be. The bosses were pretty top tier but I found everything else to be pretty mediocre. It isn't essential to the experience.

The only game in the series that I would consider the DLC a necessary part of the experience is Bloodborne for weapon variety, boss fights, and a couple really well done areas.
>>
>"i hate expansions"

okay OP
>>
>>339943485
>I think Kalameet and Manus are shit fights

jesus christ
>>
>>339943121
>you can convince retards that DLC wasn't part of the base game by separating from the base area
>>
>>339942932
The Dark Souls DLC is more like the expansion packs of old than it is like the horse armor DLC of today. If you like Dark Souls, then it's definitely worth picking up.

If you're buying the game on PC then the DLC is already included.
>>
>>339942932
DS1 is fine without its dlc. DS2 however... let's just say that DS2:SotFS is absolutely the definitive version and that vanilla DS2 is poop by comparison.
>>
Post Anor Londo stuff in original game is so shitty, that the DLC is required to have any fun after half point of the game.
But it, it's great.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.