[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan finally admits Persona 3 is a better game than Persona 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: P3P.png (400 KB, 1362x686) Image search: [Google]
P3P.png
400 KB, 1362x686
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228041

It's about damn time
>>
>neogaf
Fuck off and kill yourself
>>
>>339934152
>japan is wrong again
>>
>>339934559
>wrong

persona 4 is a casual ass dating sim with absolutely no difficulty and thoughtless combat

in persona 3 FES you had to actually STRATEGIZE and the game was brutally difficult at all points
>>
>>339934152
>people now unironically post neogaf snd reddit links
I want off Mr Bones' Wild Ride.
>>
>>339934636
>to actually STRATEGIZE
kek

>brutally difficult at all points
this has to be bait, both these games are easy, P3 is just annoying because the AI is retarded
>>
>>339934785
did you play hardmode or easymode?

you can seperate the faggots from the non-faggots with this question

P3's hardmode eclipses anything in P4
>>
File: 1435975593505.png (29 KB, 170x172) Image search: [Google]
1435975593505.png
29 KB, 170x172
>>339934152
Hasn't Japan always liked Persona 3 more?

As far as I've known Persona 4 seemed more popular because the West liked it so much, but Japan still clung to Persona 3, or a least a large faction of the fanbase did.
>>
>>339934636
>STRATEGIZE
>Because your team is full of retards you have to collect all elements

Whoa, sick brain games, Sun Tzu.
>>
>>339934636
>thoughtless combat
they have literally the same battle system and almost all the same enemies

the only difference is one doesn't allow you to control your party for no reason
>>
File: rrhwgwr.jpg (27 KB, 304x201) Image search: [Google]
rrhwgwr.jpg
27 KB, 304x201
>>339934636
have you played Persona 4 on baby difficulty or something?
>>
>>339934231
>Wii U
>5. Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
I'd love if this would end the shitposting but it's /v/
>>
File: 1430572569434.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1430572569434.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>339934636
Some Tartarus Guardians were tough, and the main bosses (Nyx, Reaper, and Liz) were harder, but beyond that you're blowing things out of proportion for Normal mode. Things evened out for both games in the harder difficulties, so your point is moot for those.
>>
File: What am i reading.gif (3 MB, 227x266) Image search: [Google]
What am i reading.gif
3 MB, 227x266
>>339934901
>Protagonist's gimmick is the ability to use personas of all types
>you're mad because the game forces you to use the definining power of your fucking character

are you serious
>>
>>339934883
none of them add any additional strategy, it just makes you do less damage and enemies do more

all it adds is more need for grinding
>>
>>339934152
It's not though
>>
Persona 4 still has the better cast though
>>
>>339934917
wrong

persona 4 dumbed down the ONE MORE mechanic and made AOEs fucking retarded

>in persona 3, using an Ice AOE when theres a single enemy resistant to ice was suicide

>in persona 4, you aren't punished for it at all
>>
File: 1464875263698.png (283 KB, 420x453) Image search: [Google]
1464875263698.png
283 KB, 420x453
>>339934152
>neofag
Maybe you should stay there.
>>
>>339935365
Damn niggas that's a good joke
>>
>>339934636
>Persona 3
>Strategy

Just fuck off
>>
>>339935394
>dumbed down the ONE MORE mechanic
In Persona 3 enemies took an entire turn to get back up after being knocked down, you could beat mobs with your first attack because of that
>>
File: EvokerGame.gif (2 MB, 360x260) Image search: [Google]
EvokerGame.gif
2 MB, 360x260
>>339935339
>none of them add any additional strategy, it just makes you do less damage and enemies do more
>all it adds is more need for grinding

oh I see, so you actually grinded through hardmode?

Grinding only allows you to ignore the fight mechanics

In persona 3, enemies had PHASE CHANGES, ACTUAL ENEMY AI, AND FIGHT MECHANICS.

With enough grinding you could ignore the fight mechanics sure, but for the people that refused to grind like myself, adapting your skillset to each encounter and optimizing your party setup for each fight was an amazing treat to behold

Persona 4 has nothing like that
>>
>>339935641
I feel like I should tip my fedora here or something
>>
>>339935365
>the boy that wants to suck your dick day one
>the tomboy that wants to suck your dick day one
>the innkeeper that wants to suck your dick day one
>the idol that wants to suck your dick day one
>the detective that wants to suck your dick day one
>the bully faggot that wants to suck your dick day one
>the magical retarded bear that wants to suck your dick day one
>the cousin that wants to suck your dick day one
>the bad guy that wants to suck your dick day one
Woah, such a great, well written cast. Unless you're a waifufaggot, in which case you'll be finding better characters at Artificial Academy 2
>>
maybe its because i played on psp but i preferred 4, no doubt it was the more casual of the two though.
>>
>>339935641
I literally never grinded in that game except with the fight against Nyx, had literally no problem with the enemies. Just spam their weaknesses.
>>
>>339935641
>PHASE CHANGES, ACTUAL ENEMY AI, AND FIGHT MECHANICS
yeah I remember the fight mechanics

>group of four enemies
>MABUFULA
>down
>guard
>they get up
>MABUFULA
>down
>guard
>they get up
epic
>>
File: 1464913060428.jpg (35 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1464913060428.jpg
35 KB, 986x553
>>339935365
Great joke.
>>
>>339935189
What?
>>
>>339935742
you could replace suck dick with daddy issues and you get the entire p3 cast besides the robot and the dog
>>
Are people really ignoring that Golden is #1 for Vita

People obviously didn't want to vote for it twice.
>>
P4DAN > P4G > *
>>
>>339935742
Literally all he needs to say is Fuuka and you get BTFO instantly
>>
>>339935907
Japane voted SMT #FE as the 5th best Wii U game.
>>
>>339936021
P3 is on there twice, and so is plenty of other stuff.
>>
>>339935956
>Akihiko, Junpei, Shinji, Fuuka
>Daddy issues
K
>>
>>339935742
>le suck your dick meme
Nice job not playing the game.

Yosuke and Yukiko pretty much ignore him at first. Yosuke only starts hanging out with him because of Chie, Yukiko only after he saves her life.
Kanji wants to beat the shit out of him first time they meet
Rise doesn't even look at him
Naoto think he's an idiot like the others
Naoki straight out tells him he hates him
Shu is a prick
Nanako at first is wary of him
Adachi never liked him
Ai only hung out with him because he's good looking, other than that she just wanted to have someone to carry her bags around
Margaret is a cold cunt until he's smart enough for her
Yumi flips at him few times in her S.Link, though rightfully since he was being a creep, eavesdropping on her and shit
>>
>>339935831
>I literally never grinded in that game except with the fight against Nyx

Then you weren't on hardmode.

Getting past the sleeping table and even change relic on hardmode without grinding is not possible
>>
>neogaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227845
>>
The only people who like P3 more are edgelord faggot teenagers
>but muh suicide themes
yeah, kill yourself
>>
>>339934152
>neogaf

Other than that though I agree

Persona 4 was alright, but the constant fellating of the player, the over reliance on generic high school cliches, and saccharine tone just came off as annoying and desperate after a while

Granted, Persona 3 sort of had this problem as well, but whatever
>>
>>339936220
>I suck at videogames
Good to know.
>>
both are shitty VNs
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>339935885
>yeah I remember the fight mechanics
>>
>>339934636
People on this site including you only hate this game for four incredibly stupid reasons (From what I've seen)

Persona 4 is a very accessible game even by normie standards which is reason #1 why /v/ hates it. #2 It has a lighter tone and being cynical is hip and contrarian. #3 The characters go through actual development in the social links but because it's not outright stated like in P3 people on this site miss it #4 on top of everything else the game receives favorable reception and we all know what that translates to on /v/
>>
P3Fags are so fucking cancerous. It's like trying to see a waifufag pretend he isn't a waifufag and a hardcore SMTFag and I'm saying this as a faggot yet to play mainline
>>
>>339936210
why are you bringing logical arguments into a shitposting general?
>>
>>339936178

Junpei did have daddy issues though.

It just wasn't his character focus because the P3 characters were layered.
>>
>>339936249
And the people who like P4 more are girls and normalfags.
>>
File: Nyx.Avatar.full.982075.jpg (73 KB, 600x845) Image search: [Google]
Nyx.Avatar.full.982075.jpg
73 KB, 600x845
>>339936295
You think I SUCK at videogames yet you GRINDED for Nyx?

Nyx Avatar is LITERALLY the only bossfight that doesn't force you to grind on hardmode

let me guess -- you never did his fight mechanic that disables his 2 turn gimmick?
>>
File: Oh anon, you crack me up.jpg (51 KB, 241x227) Image search: [Google]
Oh anon, you crack me up.jpg
51 KB, 241x227
>>339934636
>the game was brutally difficult at all points
As someone who is currently replaying Persona 3 I can tell you that the game is pathetically easy.
>>
>>339936630
Nope, I didn't know he was going to be that easy, since the game kept hyping it non-stop. Quite a dissapointment.
>>
>>339936657
Do persona 3 on hardmode and skip all random encounters, only doing bossfights

Try and tell me the game is easy

Fuck off
>>
>>339936808
>try to walk with feet and hands tied together and tell me it's easy
>>
File: 1368032218139.png (190 KB, 784x522) Image search: [Google]
1368032218139.png
190 KB, 784x522
>>339936808
Try and play Mario blindfolded with the game muted.
I bet that's hard as well.

Any game can be hard with self-imposed challenges. P4 is not any different.
>>
>>339936808
>do a self-imposed challenge and tell me how easy this game is!
>>
P3 had potential, but suffered from too many problems;
>really bad cardboard cutout characters with non existing personality other than being an archetype
granted, Yukari was pretty well written, but she was an annoying bitch. Although that's more than you could say about any of the other characters.
>weird abstract story that's hard to follow, events seemingly being pulled out the ass, things happen because the plot require them too without any solid ground to stand on
As opposed to P4, where they state the ground rules, and stick to them. They also didn't have a talking dog, and a robot that is alive because of magic. Kuma / Teddie was the only odd character, and even he followed to reasoning of the established rule set.
>dungeon crawling is extremely flat and repetitive
P4 isn't great on that regard either, but it was a step in the right direction.
>character development is mostly vague, and is forced into the plot
While this is actually more of a personal gripe, I actually preferred how it was handled in P4; gameplay unlocks the development. It actually motivated the play to get engaged into the s.links for reasons other than leveling up, and it allows for more time to be invested in the actual story.
>>
Here are the reasons why Persona 3 is a better game than Persona 4

1.) It simply has better characters than persona 4. While persona 4 has better waifus (i.e. better LOOKING characters), persona 3 exceeds that in actual character development. Case and point? Persona 3 has character development OUTSIDE OF SOCIAL LINKS. Persona 4 characters have literally no story or development outside their social links, but persona 3 does and excels in it. You feel like the characters are ALIVE

2.) Learning to trust your teammates is one of the most pivotal themes in Persona 3. In the first 5 minutes of booting up Persona 3 you have Yukari Takeba whipping out a pistol at you the second you enter the dorm. You are constantly reminded that you HAVE NOT EARNED THEIR TRUST. In persona 4, you earn the trust of your friends without much effort, but in persona 3 it takes about 70 hours before the cast (particularly Junpei) finally puts his faith in you

3.) Your friends can THINK in battle. Tactics. To do well in persona 3 you have to master the tactics system. This is because your friends are NOT your slaves who obey your every command but actual, thinking people. They make mistakes--just like you. But the role forced on the MC is to be the Leader, he can assign tactics to his friends. With the mastery of the tactics system you can get past any pinch the game throws at you

4.) Better atmosphere. Persona 3 is just a darker game than persona 4, and really benefits from it. Death is the theme of the game and ties into virtually every minute of gameplay. Persona 4's theme of "reaching out to the truth" doesn't quite have the ability to tie into every minute of gameplay p3's did, and such falls flat in that regard

5.) The difficulty bar is higher. P4 has nothing on the P3 Elizabeth tier which remains one of the hardest bosses in SMT history only falling below Demi-Fiend

Also, this isn't a numbered point because it's an opinion, but better music definitely. BABAYBABY
>>
File: 1.jpg (95 KB, 743x599) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95 KB, 743x599
>>339934152
>Metroid Prime nowhere to be seen
>Silent Hill nowhere to be seen
>religious Dragon Quest dickriding

I expected as much and I'm still disappointed
>>
File: Junpei Hermes copy.png (4 MB, 2393x2693) Image search: [Google]
Junpei Hermes copy.png
4 MB, 2393x2693
>>339937205
>really bad cardboard cutout characters with non existing personality other than being an archetype
I would have to disagree. Take Junpei as an example. He seems like walking trope, but I think he is one of the most rounded party-members in any jrpg. His motivation of lacking a sense of purpose is believable and makes him relatable as a character. During the story arc where he gets jealous of the main character he quickly drops the fact and reaches out to you an apologizes. Most of his story isn't really spoken. His father issues are only mentioned once etc.
I think most of the P3 cast are like that and the fact that their character development isn't tied to social links gives them more room for growth. I think P4's cast is more likable, but I don't think they're necessarily better.
>>
>>339937430
Not having control over your entire party IS BAD
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
I don't want an AI unless they're better than me, and since they're not better than me I'm going to think for everyone
Thank god for P3P
>>
Smt has the most autistic fanbase.
>>
/v/ likes P3 more because P4 is SJW material because of Naoto and Kanji
>>
File: smtg pls.jpg (18 KB, 584x201) Image search: [Google]
smtg pls.jpg
18 KB, 584x201
>>339937205
>weird abstract story that's hard to follow, events seemingly being pulled out the ass, things happen because the plot require them too without any solid ground to stand on
This applies for P4 as well.
Did you forget Nanako's "death", the jew-fox, a shadow gaining a persona after establishing that they're the same, "deductions" made on incredibly flimsy basis, the mc not just sticking his hand into a tv before his uncle etc.
>>
Persona 3 has better story and individual characters while Persona 4 has more polished gameplay and the characters work better as a group
>>
>>339938045
>and since they're not better than me I'm going to think for everyone

That's why you shouldn't be playing Persona

You need to think of your cast members as your FRIENDS, not your PAWNS

For instance, consider Yukari or Mitsuru. They are romance options, do you really want to control their every action like a marionette or do you want them to be themselves?

Persona 3 really pushes the 'Think of your party members as FRIENDS' theme hard. Even outside Tartarus you have to schedule meetups and stuff
>>
>>339934152
They're both shite.

Persona 3 in particular is grossly overrated here.
>>
>>339937430
1);
>akihiko
>mitsuru
>fuuka
>koromaru
>that tough guy
>strega

>actual characters
nope

2);
yes, P3 is more edgy sure. but P4 is different, it's more realistic, and has different themes and tells a different story. Whatever works for one story, doesn't necessarily work for another.

3);
P3's ally AI was mostly criticized and hated for being obnoxious, and sometimes leads to your death, hence why P4 allows direct control.

4);
I disagree. The theme of truth and self identity, is portrayed all throughout. The rumors spreading, the fog, the murder case, the social links...they all deal with the same core element of personal struggle that ties to the main theme of the game. One of the big faults for me in P3 is that the main theme - Death wasn't explored enough, other than the color palette and atmosphere, there wasn't much substance to it, until "The Answer" came out.

5);
I don't know. They felt almost identical to me desu
>>
>>339938219
>A shadow gaining a persona
You mean like Metis?
>>
>>339938425
I want to consider them as NPCs on a VIDEOGAME, and if they get in the way of the fights because they are bad coded, I'm going to say it's bad game design no that they are MUH FRIENDS and they make mistakes.
>>
>>339938470
>P4 is more realistic
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: Quacking Duck.png (146 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
Quacking Duck.png
146 KB, 500x800
>>339937430
It's idiotic to argue about which cast is better.
They're both good, but the party dynamics are different between the two games and that affects the way they're presented to you.
It's fine if you prefer one or the other, but there's hardly a large difference in quality between the casts.

Not controlling your party is stupid.
I like P3 and I'm willing to defend that the tactic system isn't a huge detriment, but is sure as shit isn't a good thing.

The atmosphere is different between the two games. If you like feel-good stuff you'll enjoy P4 and if you like a more somber tone you'll enjoy P3 more. They both executed fairly well.

The difficulty in P3 is largely a result of badly designed mechanics.
>>
>>339934152
I don't know why people argue over which two are better. They're great games don't get me wrong, but they're so weak compared to SMT
>>
File: 1454691144433.jpg (706 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454691144433.jpg
706 KB, 1440x1080
>Japan legitimately thinks that Dragon Quest is better than Final Fantasy
>>
>>339937430
Completely agree. On a side note, I actually really hope they flesh out the tactics system to at least P3 level in P5. I tried to use it in P4 but it's too basic.

>Also, this isn't a numbered point because it's an opinion, but better music definitely. BABABYBABY
Nigger, that's fact. Name a song in P4 and there's a high chance it's counterpart in P3 is better. Heartbeat Heartbreak is great though.
>>
>>339938504
Well jury's out on that one, but the point is that both games are pretty far out there.
Their storytelling aren't that notably different.
>>
>>339937869
What do we know about Mitsuru? What kind of things is she into? Is there anything more to her than what her role requires? How about Akihiko?
Junpei isn't all that bad, I'll give you that. He seems more relate able and a down to earth character. I feel that the entire cast of P4 has the same base line to them, except that they are more fleshed out.

Also, the grip against character development being tied to social links, I have to disagree with.
The fact that the game locks more of it's story behind a core gameplay mechanic, has a lot of merits to it.
>>
File: DO YOU EAT SHIT.png (18 KB, 1594x161) Image search: [Google]
DO YOU EAT SHIT.png
18 KB, 1594x161
>>339934152
>Neogaf
>>
>>339938425
>they're your friends Ron, not your pawns
>let them fuck up and let everyone die because they're free thinking individuals even in battle
>>
>>339938045
Having party control made the game piss easy. They should have rebalanced the whole game for it to really work.
>>
File: 1464703797673.jpg (137 KB, 999x750) Image search: [Google]
1464703797673.jpg
137 KB, 999x750
>bloom waker "HD" somehow higher than woolly world
>>
>The only two games most people remember for PS3 is Final Fantasy XIII and Nier

Jesus, console gaming really is hell for the Japanese isn't it?
>>
>>339938637
In what way is it not?
You think something like Aigis or Koromaru could ever pass as acceptable characters in P4, without anyone questioning them?
The fact that P3 is more edgy doesn't make it more realistic. It's far more abstract, with a lot of "just believe it because it's magic" moments. These things will never pass within the P4 universe.
>>
>>339938773
The problem with that is that they act exactly the same in the main story regardless of if you do their s.links, making it seem like they never developed at all
>>
desu I prefer the persona 2 duology though I wouldn't trust Nippon's taste since SJ under performed
>>
File: IMG_20160530_214148.jpg (85 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160530_214148.jpg
85 KB, 600x429
Persona 4 is shit but let's not go on praise the tatics in P3 considering it was garbage and barely useful. You can literally crusie through the game without it.

Reminder the only reason people buy these games is for the dating sims and everything else sucks from dungeon designs to trope infested characters.
>>
>>339938798
They get smarter as the game goes on

That's why tactic options are locked to story progression.

But even outside that you'll notice the characters get smarter/have better AI with story progression. In the start of the game your party members will be making dumb mistakes like not abusing elemental weaknesses but they start doing that about a quarter in the game.

Did you not notice how the voice commands when assigning tactics changes with story progression?

Early game: Yukari says "Okay" when giving her a tactic

Late game: Yukari says "Leave it to me" when giving her a tactic
>>
>>339936345
Pretty much. Hipsters will do whatever mental gymnastics they need to to justify their contrarian opinions.
>>
>>339938871
Wrong thread
Also since this is persona, I'll mention Catherine
>sexy blonde Rise/Serah shows up and tries to seduce Kanji/Snow
>>
>>339938919
>You think something like Aigis or Koromaru could ever pass as acceptable characters in P4
Seeing as a shadow bear, a japanese idol and a 15 year old prodigy detective are acceptable in P4, yeah, I believe so
>>
>>339938919
>Koromaru and Aigis are unrealistic
>Meanwhile a magical bear that creates a human body because of reasons is totally realistic and common.

KIK OH LEL
>>
File: PQ_-_Teddie.png (110 KB, 469x412) Image search: [Google]
PQ_-_Teddie.png
110 KB, 469x412
>>339938919
>You think something like Aigis or Koromaru could ever pass as acceptable characters in P4, without anyone questioning them?
Yeah, I do.
>>
>>339939034
They never actually fully get over their problems until the very end, and even that's debatable.
I think it's still somewhat consistent.
>>
Ken is the best character in P3. Haters need to back off.
>>
>>339938773
>What do we know about Mitsuru
She has an entire social link devoted to her.
Her character is about the dichotomy of the responsibility she was born with and has to take on her self, despite the fact that never had anything to do with it.
She's not my favorite character, but it's not like Chie or Yukiko are characters with much more depth or anything.

I think some people prefer the P4 cast because you're literally hit over the head with the concept of their characters, while the P3's are less pronounced.
>>
Why do we have to shit talk each other for liking one over the other? I enjoy them both but prefer P3P over P4G. I even played P4G first. The best friends solving a murder mystery gets less interesting after 50 or so hours especially when I had it figured out who it was from the get go. The FEES squad and the somber, dark tone of Tartarus and the dark hour along with the incident and Jesus bro hold more interest to me. Plus, P3P is less of a waifu sim and I feel like you have to earn respect from other characters a little more. The right dialogue choices were less obvious and required more thought. Either way, I'm hoping P5 has its own strong stylistic way of doing s. Links and combat.
>>
>>339934636
Half of the difficulty was retarded team mates who did things that made no sense.
>>
File: 1347906104965.png (207 KB, 606x563) Image search: [Google]
1347906104965.png
207 KB, 606x563
>>339938425
This is this sort of faggotry that ruins Persona for me.
>>
File: 1464029928028.jpg (362 KB, 997x680) Image search: [Google]
1464029928028.jpg
362 KB, 997x680
Reminder a lot of people think P3's evokers being guns that need to be shot at yourself is actually deep
>>
>>339939369
>Why do we have to shit talk each other for liking one over the other?
>Procceeds to talk shit about the game he doesn't like
>>
File: 1464537485131.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464537485131.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>tfw 5 fucking mainline games in a row and fucking Atlus STILL can't get dungeons right

Not referring to P5 since not out yet.
>>
>>339939151
>>339939158
>>339939224
But he's a shadow.
If you can accept the existence of all other shadows, there's no reason why he would be any different.
The shadow world is separate, and follows it's own rules. It's a shadow bear, so what?
>>
>>339934152
>linking to neogaf
>people replying seriously to this
Holy fuck neo-/v/
>>
File: 1446752276702.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446752276702.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>339938425
I really hope you're joking.
>>
>>339939129
I don't care, wresting control away from the player is bad
>>
>>339934152

>most memorable nintendo 64 games
>shiren the wanderer 2

oh japan you have such good taste
>>
>>339938692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3vKZgpszA
>>
>>339939331
>Her character is about the dichotomy of the responsibility she was born with and has to take on her self, despite the fact that never had anything to do with it.
Exactly.
And there's literally nothing else to her than that. She's literally just a plot device.
>>
>>339934636
I don't understand why people think P3 is harder than P4. Both games are easy as fuck. The only thing you can compare is the dungeon design, which is better on P4. The last one on P3 is also pretty cool.
>>
>>339939491
>But he's a magical bear
Unrealistic, yeah, so?
>>
>>339939251
The point is that both systems have their value.
Arguing that one is better than the other is stupid.

P3's character development is more consistent while P4's is more involving.
>>
>>339939513
>Getting angry over a link
>"Why are you guys not austistic like me?!"
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 152x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 152x224
>>339937869
That's ol just due to Junpei being the only one who actually developed despite having no SLink and developed throughout the game.

Aigis is that as well but her development is on the same level as what people say about P4's characters.

Everyone else either gets nothing or is awful at it.

Yukari is the worst since she started off as a bitch then gotten atleast better but threw it out the window during The Answer.
Mitsiru's development is same as any 'Ice Queen' character. She's really sweet but nothing much

And Fuuka, no matter how much I can waifu the character, she can be a literal nothing.

Akihiko barely gets any development of its peanut revolve around Shinji.

Shinji doesn't get enough as well about his past

And Ken got so much shit but even then most people would ignore it if he had any sense of character.

The problem with P3 is that their characters have to grow on you but when they don't it hurts the game. Especially when they don't even feel like real friends until the end of the game

>but that's how it's supposed to be in Persona because it's realistic

Fuck no it isn't. P1's cast and P2's cast have a genuine fucking friendship and P3fags tend to ignore that when complaining about P4's cast.

For fuck sakes, P1 starts off with everyone being friends probably how P5 is gonna be.

When you hang around someone for a while and even I'm working with something like what SEES did, you're bound to bond with someone but it doesn't help when the characters aren't likeable in the first go around and any character development you want from some of then you have to play a PSP port for it. That's insane
>>
>>339939491
>if you can accept shadows

But Teddie is literally a special snowflake shadow that somehow got a persona, out of the billions of shadows there are, we are supposed to believe ONE suddenly developed a personality?
>>
That's a very weirdly specific autistic thing to pull out of that list. The wording was "memorable", so yes, the first game to do the concept or style is generally going to be more memorable than the next. That doesn't mean it was better.

Also:
>NieR voted most memorable game on PS3 by a large margin
>Final Fantasy X blowing the fuck out Persona 3 by almost 400 votes and Dragon Quest VIII by almost 300
>Shadow Hearts Covenant making the list at all
>Final Fantasy V more memorable than Final Fantasy VI

All these things make me happy.
>>
>>339939526
>I don't like having control over everything and using my head, therefore it's bad

Ok
>>
>>339939808
*not having control
>>
>>339939808
But I am using my head
I'm not just letting the AI do whatever
>>
File: 03.jpg (2 MB, 2092x2976) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
2 MB, 2092x2976
>>339936345
>but because it's not outright stated like in P3
You mean P4 right? It's P3 where you don't sit down and discuss your characters sexually after you've recruited them.
>>
>>339939636
He's still bound by the rule set, and the mechanics of the world.
Well, somewhat.
Compare that to a talking dog, or an android that goes to school and keeps on living, despite having it's circuits destroyed, without any explanation...yeah.
In P4 they even make a point on how they deal with Teddie living in the real world, and what to actually do with it. While Aigis somehow passes as a regular teenager that attends high school.

>>339939656
>The point is that both systems have their value.
I know. All I said is that P4's way has it's merits.
>>
>>339939569

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dELogsseF8w
>>
>Japan reveals their bad taste, yet again
>>
>>339940010
>talking dog
Ah, so you DIDN'T play P3

It all makes sense now
>>
File: 1345594775404.jpg (94 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
1345594775404.jpg
94 KB, 600x380
>>339939491
So we're somehow supposed to accept Teddie, but dismiss Aigis and Koromaru?

I don't get it.
3 & 4 are equally unrealistic, and shit, who plays these games for realisme?
>>
>>339939592
Naoto is just a tropey ace detective character, Rise is the bubbly female party member who's all over the mc and Kanji is literally all about being gay.

What's your fucking point.
>>
File: image.png (240 KB, 728x610) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240 KB, 728x610
>>339934636
Nocturne and soul hackers had strategy and were hard and I could control my demons you fag.
Same with devil survivor as a SRPG.
>p3 fags justifying their retarded AI
>>
File: 1461902401631.jpg (19 KB, 231x254) Image search: [Google]
1461902401631.jpg
19 KB, 231x254
>P3fags thinking their characters are actually all well written

Why do people act as if Junpei's development is the pinnacle of character development? It's literally the most generic type of development a character like him can get.
>>
>>339939713
Sure, why not.
The shadow world is a weird abstract place, we're not supposed to understand.
The idea of having a shadow being tied with the main cast is very interesting. There could be more, but who knows. That's a really small gripe still. Compared to all the inconsistencies and weird shit that goes on in 3.

I still can't fathom how Aigis managed to seal Death inside the protagonist, it's something the player just has to accept as a normal thing that can happen in the real world. Despite the idea never being discussed again, brought up or even explained.
What does it mean? can anyone do it? How does it work?
It's things like that that really break the consistency and immersion in the game.
>>
>>339939369
>but prefer P3P
P3P ruined 3.
>>
>>339934152

Jokes on them, all their games are bottom barrel trash with some of the worst gameplay in the industry
>>
Thats because characters in 4 are mediocre.
They have no development outside of their recruitment arc (or not even that in case of Chie).
Eg. compare Yousuke, who does literally nothing outside of the being rejected by a random girl in the tutorial dungeon of the game, to the other bro character Junpei, that has a massive jealously and "can love bloom on the battlefield" arc that is only resolved at the end of the game.
The improvments of 4 are in the gameplay field, eg. controllable party which is important but not as important as the story or characters in an RPG.
>>
>>339939713
This. I never quite grasped that concept. Teddie is even less believable than Koromaru and Aigis. I don't know what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>339934152

FES and P4G were on par in terms of enjoyment for me.
In terms of atmosphere,characters, and story I rate FES much much higher.
>>
>>339939997
The big problem with P4 is that the development doesn't carry over into the main story. In P3 characters just say "I'm now ready to be more independent, thank you MC-Kun" and then never change in either the main story or the social links even though P3 fans like to claim they do. The exceptions to this are Junpei and Aigis to a lesser extent.
>>
>>339934636
>retarded persona 3 AI lover saving his game
There's no justifying friendly AI
>>
>>339940518
How very contrarian of you.
>>
>>339940421
Feels like a believable character and not a trope exclusive to chinese cartoons. It may not be too impressive but it's still a breath of fresh air since 90% of jrpg writers are terrible.
>>
>>339939709
It's a myth that P3's aren't friends.
You constantly see them hang out and being friendly. P3 actually made the Seniors have authority which made the cast's relationship more dynamic. If you don't like that it's fine, but it's retarded to think that either P3 or P4 has a better or worse cast.
>>
4 is better. Better crafted. More diverse characterizations. More pleasant game design.
>>
File: hms_rodneys-16in_gun_turrets-2.jpg (171 KB, 1026x687) Image search: [Google]
hms_rodneys-16in_gun_turrets-2.jpg
171 KB, 1026x687
>neogaf post linking to a kotaku article
>>
File: 1345599097167.png (32 KB, 230x280) Image search: [Google]
1345599097167.png
32 KB, 230x280
>>339940662
Wait, did you play P3P?

I'm sorry, that pretty much invalidates your opinion.
>>
I think we can all agree that Koromaru was the best party member in P3FES and Mitsuru the worst.
>>
Persona 3 is the Evangelion of JRPGs, deep, purposeful, released with a lot of competition and hated due to its themes.

Persona 4 is colourful, fun, with a simple but effective story at a time when the Golden Age of JRPGs where ending.

Both are good but I prefer 3.
>>
>>339940179
Because Teddie makes sense in it's own world.
Aigis and Koromaru don't.

>>339940385
Naoto has gender confusion, is somewhat childish, very intelligent, and likes puzzles.
Rise's family runs a tofu shop, she has a very strong sense of emotion, hence why her persona can sense others' presence. She deals with an identity crisis due to her role as an idol, and has kind of a dual personality thing where she goes from the quiet, shy type to an extroverted idol.
Kanji likes sewing, lives with his mom, and has a strong feminine side which he tries to hide. He can't get along with many people due to being bullied the entirety of his childhood, and has recently started to question his sexuality.

This is much more than you can say about any P3 character.
>>
>>339939721
I can't imagine how FFV is more memorable than VI in any way. VI was bombastically different from anything before or since in the series. It's the only Final Fantasy featuring an ensemble cast with no defined protagonist, it shifted away from the standard fantasy aesthetic for a more steampunk feel, it introduced the concept of Magitek; the World of Ruin, the Esper system, Kefka, Ultros, the opera scene...

I can't even remember the plot of V. I remember the pirate lady, Exdeath, and the fact that the main character's name is Butts. Overall V is the most forgettable FF I've ever played.
>>
File: file.jpg (8 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
8 KB, 211x239
>>339934152
>neogaf
>>
>>339940748

What's contrarian is that people on /v/ claim to have standards for good gameplay and turn around to play dogshit like this
>>
>>339940925
No it doesn't. Also I played FES, what would indicate I played P3P.
>>
>>339941020

>a dog doesn't make sense in their world

Are you retarded?
>>
>>339934152
good persona 4 is cringe as shit
>>
>>339940773
True but even then P1 always had the better cast. It's always been like that for a while and still is.

>P1 had the better cast
>P2 has the best Story
>P3 has a better music
>P4 has the best gameplay

Most of the Persona games are fucking flawed as hell. P5 isn't gonna be any different unless it beats out in both gameplay and story and makes most the games irrelevant
>>
>>339941094
It's fine if you don't like the game but that doesn't make people contrarian for liking it.
>>
File: thedumbestshit.jpg (84 KB, 312x321) Image search: [Google]
thedumbestshit.jpg
84 KB, 312x321
>>339934152
>neogaf

I want the SonyPonies to leave.
>>
>>339936178
Junpei literally leaves home because of his alcoholic father
>>
>>339936630
How the fuck do you disable his 2 turn gimmick?
>>
File: rtr201y5.jpg (235 KB, 1600x1045) Image search: [Google]
rtr201y5.jpg
235 KB, 1600x1045
>>339940965
>Persona 3 is the Evangelion of JRPGs
>>
>>339941020
>gender confusion
You don't need to be a faggot to be a "deep" character. How fucking old are you? Or are you just that liberally brainwashed? Don;t you have any other life experiences besides being a faggot?
>>
>>339936178
Fuuka totally has daddy issues, what are you talking about?
>>
File: 1460579089402.png (269 KB, 362x444) Image search: [Google]
1460579089402.png
269 KB, 362x444
>>339936808
>>
File: vs_yo+full+bastup_yo.png (285 KB, 512x1024) Image search: [Google]
vs_yo+full+bastup_yo.png
285 KB, 512x1024
>>339941020
>This is much more than you can say about any P3 character.

The ironic part is that P3 and P4 has the exact same amount of characterization. The only think different between the games is how it's told.
Some people like having everything told to them and I understand why those people prefer P4.
>>
>>339941302
He's right.
>>
>>339941249
>Persona thread
>using any sonygger terms unironically
>>
>>339934636
>thoughtless combat
>being able to control party members makes it thoughtless
>party members that do stupid shit on their own is considered difficulty

Wow, anon, you need to get some standards.
>>
File: 1412955989686.png (15 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
1412955989686.png
15 KB, 568x568
>>339941020
>A talking bear makes sense because magic
>An intelligent dog doesn't
>>
>>339941380
P3 is exactly the same. Name one thing you have to infer that isn't directly told to you.
>>
File: Cross-Over.full.1467322.jpg (954 KB, 2800x2399) Image search: [Google]
Cross-Over.full.1467322.jpg
954 KB, 2800x2399
>>339941302
>implying it isn't
>>
File: 1366231052088.png (251 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
1366231052088.png
251 KB, 504x504
>>339941409
>you have to be a Sonyfaggot to enjoy Persona games

You're never supposed to go full retard but fuck, did you just go there.
>>
>>339940965
>Persona 3 is the Evangelion of JRPGs

fuck off, everyone knows Xenogears is the Evangelion of JRPGs: provoking themes, brilliant ideias, lots of potential, and an unfinished mess.
>>
>>339941249
>Persona thread
>Shin Megami Tensei thread
>Atlus thread

Persona, SMT and Atlus fans are Sonyfriends.
>>
why do people pretend that P3 had no dating shit?
It had the same amount as 4
>>
>>339936808
>start hardmode
>complain about difficulty

Why are you still alive?
>>
>>339941094

This all day. Its amazing that people can play pathetic dating simulators to replace the high school friends they never had and turn around and act as elitist as people on this board do.

Shit like Persona and Life is Strange is seriously the norm here, and it says a lot about the regular /v/ denizen. Many of these people need to stop acting like they are any better than CoD players.
>>
Japan is has the most casual playerbase why would their opinion matter?
>>
>>339941123
A dog that can use a knife and have a Demon stand.
Yeah makes total sense when grouped together with a girl robot that goes to highschool.
>>
>>339941523
Xenogears is the Evangelion of the PS1 JRPGs and Persona 3 is the Evangelion of the PS2 JRPGs
>>
>>339936178
Fuuka mentions in her social link that her parents are distant from her

Junpei's dad is an alcoholic

Akihiko and Shinji are orphans so whilst they don't have stereotypical daddy issues they definitely have parental issues.
>>
>>339941116
Since P3 doesn't have social links for its party members beyond the main girls, who's development is still presented in the main story.
>>
>>339941579
Wow you self inserted as the protagonist? That's pretty pathetic.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 510x346
>>339941185
I'm sorry, but how could the existence of one story-heavy game invalidate the existence of another story-heavy game?
>>
>>339941518
It's a series mostly associated with Sony consoles, why would you bring console war shit into a thread like that? Or are you seriously going to count a delayed Japan only ancient PC port and a 3ds EO spinoff?
>>
File: 1457308404299.jpg (19 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1457308404299.jpg
19 KB, 259x194
>>339936808
Hey (You), i brought the bait like you asked
>>
They are bothe good, just different. What is wrong with you assholes? They are 2 sides of the same coin and frame each other well.
>>
>>339941569
I thinks it's mainly to do with the main characters not being overly reliant on S.links to receive development, like P4 was.
>>
>>339941302
It literally is. Kids fighting monsters of the day, the surreal apocalyptic imagery, fucking ryoji being the equivalent to Kawaru.
>>
>>339936808
>Do a naked run of 140 double monkey dick with only kicks and tell that this isn't hard
This is you right now
>>
File: 1339072120477.jpg (34 KB, 460x381) Image search: [Google]
1339072120477.jpg
34 KB, 460x381
>>339934152

>Winning title with the highest number of votes: 1176

/v/ poles get higher numbers than this garbage. Who gives a shit?

>Famitsu
>Relevant

Pick one.
>>
>>339934152
>posting external forum links
Jesus Christ, you guys are supreme faggots, why not keep the discussion there you retarded mother fuckers.
>>
>>339941123
A dog that understands human speech.
A fully developed Android that can communicate, and attends high school, that eventually literally turns into a human because "emotions".
>b-but teddie also turns into a human
sort of yeah. but he's not a mechanical being that was created withing the boundaries of the real world that is supposed to follow real world reasoning.
The logical leap here is far smaller.

>>339941380
Can you tell me anything personal about Mitsuru, Akihiko or Fuuka that isn't tied to their role in the story? Anything that makes them relatable as human beings?

>>339941497
>because magic
No, it's because shadows. He's a shadow, he follows the game's set rules.
If Koromaru and Aigis were shadows, or something abstract like that, sure. But they are not. Yet they make about as much sense as a bear shadow, but without the plot ground to stand on.
>>
File: Even Brown is scared.png (52 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
Even Brown is scared.png
52 KB, 600x540
>>339941185
>P1
>Better cast
In what possible way was it better?
Maki and Masao are as cliche as they come.
I can understand why you can enjoy the P1 cast, but it sure as shit isn't better.
>>
File: 1462116215519.jpg (42 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
1462116215519.jpg
42 KB, 600x489
P3P > FES
>>
>want to replay p3
>remember summer
>remember the month before fighting nyx
Nope
>>
>>339941709
Only Aigis' development is present in the main story. Everybody else like Fuuka for example its "Oh I shall now be more social and outgoing now that Natsuki has left" and she the proceeds to act exactly the same. Also the main story is no different in P3P no matter what you memesters say so I could still weigh in even if I didn't play FES first.
>>
>>339941901
you're right desu
>>
>>339941715
don't you have some pussies to fuck, tough boy? this thread is only for basement virgins.
>>
>>339941740
>posting neogaf links is ok now

Fuck off already.
>>
>>339940940
MARIN KARIN
>>
>HASHINO: Yes! It would have been wrong, for this game. There are a lot of RPGs out there where you can control every aspect of your party members, including what kind of underwear they are wearing… but because we wanted the player to relate to the Hero more than any other character in “Persona 3”, we wanted the other characters to feel like “other people”.

>SOEJIMA: It was important to make that distinction. It helped to emphasize the concept of Social Links, and it also allowed us to show off the improved AI. It would have been extra cool if the party members had been completely free of player control, but we knew that would be pushing it a bit too far, so we gave the player control over their equipment at least.

>HASHINO: It’s true that we got some feedback stating that the party system was “too difficult” to control effectively, but I’ll honestly say that I don’t regret doing what we did with it. I’m glad we stuck to our guns on that one.
>>
>>339941984
I'm just saying it's pretty sad to self insert. The main character is clearly supposed to be a separate entity. Especially in P4.
>>
File: 1345992230780.jpg (53 KB, 248x255) Image search: [Google]
1345992230780.jpg
53 KB, 248x255
>>339941967
>the main story is no different in P3P
But it is?
>>
>>339941270
>How the fuck do you disable his 2 turn gimmick?

Kill Nyx Avatar with his own attack and his 2 turn shit goes out the window. I think it only works in the first 4 arcanas
>>
>>339942192
It's not. Especially not if you play the male. Oh wait the scene when Ikutsuki captures you is slightly different, game ruined.
>>
File: who gaf here bro's.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
who gaf here bro's.gif
2 MB, 640x360
who /neogaf/ here bro's

#4ThePlayers
>>
>>339934636
>brutally difficult at all points
Literally only because you're not fighting WITH your team mates. You're fighting AGAINST their terrible AI.
>>
File: Carl.jpg (48 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
48 KB, 306x306
>Final Fantasy X
>FUCKING DRAKENGARD
>>
File: JustInCase.jpg (186 KB, 1239x795) Image search: [Google]
JustInCase.jpg
186 KB, 1239x795
>>339942312
>>
>>339942101
There's quite a few cool things about P3 in that interview, it's a good read for anyone who enjoyed the game and wants to know more about it's underlying themes.

https://megatengaku.wordpress.com/readings/interviews/persona-3-official-design-works-interview/
>>
File: 1.jpg (40 KB, 358x463) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40 KB, 358x463
>>339941901
p3p is only good for the femc route
>>
File: 1460900695407.jpg (46 KB, 400x433) Image search: [Google]
1460900695407.jpg
46 KB, 400x433
>it's a P3 vs P4 social link
>>
File: tumblr_mhynq4xtIc1s5o3aso7_400.gif (2 MB, 380x314) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhynq4xtIc1s5o3aso7_400.gif
2 MB, 380x314
>>339942471
k kid.
>>
File: marik.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
marik.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>339942192
Having played all of P3P, I can say a lot of the people who say it ruins/fucks up P3's story is heavily overblown.

P3P did actually make a rather notable mistake in one cutscene though. Right before Hanged Man, when you beat Takaya and Jin on the Moonlight Bridge, in FES, Takaya pulls out his revolver, and is about to blow his brains out, which is meant to indicate he lost all hope and was going to kill himself after losing to SEES. Jin stops him, and throws them both off the bridge.

In P3P, if I'm not mistaken, it's stated he brings out his Evoker, which implies he was going to continue to fight despite having just gotten the shit kicked out of him. This doesn't make sense, because for one, that implies something completely different from FES. Secondly, Takaya doesn't even have an Evoker.
>>
File: 1458137945571.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1458137945571.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>339934152
>5. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - 121 votes

Good. Finally this great game gets some recognition. It is so underrated.
>>
>it's a p3fags try to argue that their game isn't a waifusim with slightly more edge episode
>>
>>339942837
The only problem with that game was that it was too good and ambitious for a shitty piece of junk like the DS.

If this game gets remade for an actual system, it would be huge.
>>
>>339934636
Only reason you think that is because Persona 3 was the first Persona game you played and you remember it being difficult because you had no idea how to play it. I started with Persona 4 Golden and then played P3 FES, and it's just as easy as 4. Not being able to control your retarded teammates is a mild annoyance but it doesn't make the game harder. Persona must be one of the easiest and most accessible JRPG series out there starting with P3.
>>
>>339942798
It's not that it fucks up the story, it's that it does a worse job at delivering it.
>>
>>339943048
Dungeon crawlers were never really huge though.
>>
>>339942762
Don't K Kid me. You're shitposting on 4chan. The thought has at least crossed your mind I'm just being helpful.
>>
File: 1459439747235.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459439747235.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>339934152
they disregarded the ps2 game because everyone knows P4G is the definitive version
>>
>>339943184
I could be some of Atlus' best though.
Most of their RPGs are dungeon crawlers in some form.
>>
So hopes for P5?
I want the atmosphere of the game to be a mix between P3 and P4
>>
>>339943330
I love P4, but P4G is fucking shit
it went overboard with the generic anime bullshit, and pretty much ruined the whole point of the game by having Mary.
>>
File: 1450219006712.png (121 KB, 255x316) Image search: [Google]
1450219006712.png
121 KB, 255x316
>>339941185
I agree on P2 and P3 but P1 has the best gameplay of all the Personas ad the best atmosphere. P4 has nothing going for it except memes.
>>
>>339943418
It's going to be the Persona 2 of the Persona series.
>>
>>339943449
It was already generic as fuck anime bullshit, anon. Marie was just adding shit topping on shit.
>>
>>339943565
Nope.
It's going to be another variation of the P3, P4 formula.
I swear you people think you can judge a game based on color scheme.
>>
>>339943750
This is /v/ they judged Anne just for being close to Ryuji in the beach,nothing new to see
>>
>>339934152
>no super metroid on that list
buncha fuckin faggots
>>
Playing through Persona 3 right now for the first time after completing P4G and I don't like it as much. I think the story is really thin at the start. In P4 the story was established almost immediately with the serial killer and you were given a reason to care. Also, almost every month someone is kidnapped and you have to rescue them. In P3 you are introduced to the dark hour and that's it, then you go to this Tartarus killing shadows "because we think we might be able to stop the dark hour or something". Sometimes you have to go somewhere and kill a big boss shadow because you are told to do it. I'm at the end right now and it didn't feel like the story really started until the last 25% of the game, then it gets really good but it was just a fucking slog before that and I was close to quitting several times.

>>339943449
> I love P4, but P4G is fucking shit
No it's not, it adds several things missing from the original ps2 version like night time and additional scenes(including fanservice) that feel in tone with the game. Only bad thing they added in Golden was Marie but that's subjective, there's plenty of people that like her(I'm not one of those). Golden is a much more complete package compared to the original.
>>
File: 2460714-.png (159 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
2460714-.png
159 KB, 640x448
Persona 4 finally eternally blown the fuck out. Persona 3 will always have the superior atmosphere, villain, and soundtrack. Yes, that includes Portable's music.
>>
>>339934152
>ACe Combat 5 in the top 10

Makes me happy as fuck. My favorite anti-war game of all time. Love it to death.
>>
>>339943950
>that feel in tone with the game.
They felt off and unnecessary. Some of them felt completely off character, and were just there for cheap and cliched fan service. To me it felt really plastered on like a Frankenstein monster.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQcnanaCjEA
best school theme
>>
>>339944234
>They felt off and unnecessary. Some of them felt completely off character,
Give me an example.
>>
Hilarious how this thread only seems to reaffirm how P4 is the better made game.
>>
>>339943183
Yeah, I can agree with that. I can say, even though the models were shit, I liked the animations along with the portraits instead of just the portraits.
>>
>>339944234
The problem was that they just crammed a textbook tsun into the game, it's really fucking jarring because all the other tropey characters have some kind of nuance to them.
>>
File: mitsuru.png (150 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
mitsuru.png
150 KB, 225x350
That's a nice enemy over there... It'd be a shame if someone were to Marin Karin it :^)
>>
>>339944302
It's been a while since a played it. I don't remember much except that I hated it.
I just remember that there were some scenes in particular that were overly sexual, and weren't in line with the characters' normal behavior. It's as if someone who didn't know much about the game and the characters wrote these scenes.
>>
>>339935339
JRPGS in general.
>>
>>339944580
Only sexual scenes I remember is the new hotspring scene and when you get lost with one of the girls during the ski-trip. Both felt in-character to me.
>>
>>339935742
A-are you saying there's anything wrong with this?
>>
>>339944567
You right. Better put you on Full Assault so that doesn't ever happen :)
>>
>>339944580
What are you even on about. Stuff like operation babe hunt 2.0, the beach, and the band all fit into the game pretty seamlessly. The only thing that felt foreign was marie and ever party interaction involving marie.
>>
>>339941637
it lost to xenosaga desu
>>
>>339941361
Problems with your parents =/= daddy issues
>>
File: 1463110568499.png (4 MB, 1280x2141) Image search: [Google]
1463110568499.png
4 MB, 1280x2141
>>339941361
Fuuka's issue is that her parents are strict on her, she is also neglected by them.
That's not daddy issues.
>>
>>339943330
>they disregarded the ps2 game because everyone knows P4G is the definitive version
yeah, but persona 3 has more votes than persona 4 golden

what's your point? even p4g can't topple the high bar p3 set
>>
File: 64.png (3 MB, 1118x1880) Image search: [Google]
64.png
3 MB, 1118x1880
>>339941967
>and she the proceeds to act exactly the same.
That's how it looks like to you because you don't pay attention.
Fuuka isn't gonna go up to you and show you, YOU need to go see her by yourself to see the change.
>>
>>339944704
>>339944920
My main issues were Marie's character which dumbed down the story, to the point where the villain becomes meaningless, and the fact that the true ending wasn't hidden anymore.

the added generic anime shit added in also ticked off the balance the game had between slice of life, and psychological fantasy murder mystery.
>>
>>339945560
It was always a slice of life with a side of whodunnit. The writers just slapped stuff together in p4 hoping it would work, it wasn't supposed to have that thought that p3 had behind it.
>>
>>339934152
>SMB over SMB3
>mario world over super star

japan has shit taste, why be surprised?
>>
>>339945804
P4's slice of life part complemented the other aspect better than P3 did.
It had more involvement with the main cast, and tied in with the aspects of the shadow world. There was a healthy gameplay balance between the two as well.
P4G just had way too much unnecessary SoL in it, without much to balance it out.
>>
>>339943048
>turn based first person dungeon crawler
>huge
We're not in the 90's anymore.
>>
>>339946362
>We're not in the 90's anymore.
You're right.
And this needs to be fixed.
>>
>>339941849
>Can you tell me anything personal about Mitsuru,
She is burdened with responsibility and has a deep obsession with atoning for what her family did,
>Akihiko
Trains hard to protect those important to him, and cares deeply for others, even if he barely shows it (see: his epilogue dialogue)
>Fuuka

Her parents neglect her and only care about her grades, she struggles to find what she really wants from life but eventually finds the answer, which in turn makes her gain confidence on her choices.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.