[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Catalyst is to Mirror's Edge what Portal 2 was to Portal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ogimage.img.jpg (282 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ogimage.img.jpg
282 KB, 1280x720
>Catalyst is to Mirror's Edge what Portal 2 was to Portal 1
Discuss
>>
A better game?
>>
>>339934213
I played it for an hour I'll play some more in the evening, I have to study for exams and it's just so much better so far. Open world is really fun. You have to turn off runner's vision tho because it's really taking away from the open world experience. All the core gameplay with added moves and a better combat system altogether.
>>
>>339934583
>skill tree
>hud
>focus on combat
>grappling hook
>open world
>epic third person take downs

how is it better now?
>>
But Mirro's Edge 2 is to be released this year, baka.

Along with the greatest games ever, like Star Citizen.
>>
>>339934916
Combat is smoother, rather than "jump kick + slide kick plus face kick kills everything lol"
>open world is bad
It's like you don't even do parkour for real, faggot
>>
>>339935126
its bad when they had to put a grappling hook in just so you could move around better
no one is falling for your stupid shit it looks much worse then the original game and it looks like its going out of its way to take away the details people liked about the first game
>>
>>339934916
>skill tree
It only has stuff like faster sliding and whatnot from what I've seen
>hud
You can turn it off completely except for waypoint and focus bar
>focus on combat
There really doesn't have more combat than the first one, it's only upgraded and it's good
>grappling hook
Didn't get it yet, but from what I've seen in the skill tree it isn't usable anywhere you want, only specific locations. Also it can open hidden areas.
>open world
It's fucking good. You still have neat speedrun courses you can access, but you can go parkour anywhere. Biggest improvement.
>epic third person take downs
What? Didn't ecounter that yet and I've fought like 10 dudes already.
>>
>>339935251
>you can turn the hud off
>Except you cant
>>
>>339934102

Not really feeling Gorilla Faith.
And I actually forgot about this games existance which is really sad seeing as how the first one is one of my favorite games.
It has 0 hype
>>
wait, this game is out ??
>>
>>339935827
A 6 hour trial is out on EA Access on the One.

>>339935415
It has a "health bar" and it shows you where to go in the open world, oh my gosh.
>>
The closed beta killed my hype for this unfortunately, don't like the move to an open world structure. The original was great because of its linearity.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.