[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
Thoughts on this /v/?
>>
shit
>>
>>339925106
had potential, mediocre execution
>>
I feel like I forced my way through it to justify the money spent
>>
It's just so god damn boring, like it has no soul what so ever, Bioware just looked at Ubisoft and said, "let's do that".

Even Dragon Age 2 was more fun to play.
>>
>>339925106
Worst combat
Bad "cutscene" animations
Crap armor
Still a fun game, just don't play Origins before you play this.
>>
The cover art is pretty cool.
>>
Poor to bad.
>>
>>339925763
But it's inaccurate. The mark is on the protag's left hand
>>
>>339925637
Was gonna call you a troll but DA2 was more fun in retropect
>>
>>339926912
origins:
>had fucking morrigan. I really spent the first hour of the game just to talk with her
> leilanna also there
> nice romance options
> golem is probably on of the most funniest character in the whole DA universe.

DA2:
>Bad characters
>Dungeons 1:1 always the same
>way to comic
> but magic was finally not that bad and made fun
> didn´t finish

DA3:
>didn´t play it more than 2-3 hours
> leilanna is back again...but ist just your fucking secretary
> romance options for male are shit, only intersting person is a olga-like elf, but only for lesbians.
> spoiled myself and heard morrigan is back, but can´t romance not in your team
> AND THE MOST SHIT THING: You need to let your people go to spy, must wait real time, like in a fucking MOBILE GAME!

I also never played ME, but after what I heard also don´t wanna. Waiting for Andromeda.
>>
>>339925106
Single player MMO.
>>
>>339925106
Boring ass side quests and a disappointing main story
>>
has the only good homo husbando option of the series
>>
>>339927776

which is?
>>
>>339925106
man hating, sjw, far left propaganda without any enjoyment
>>
File: don't look at the foot.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
don't look at the foot.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>>339927828

the fully gay one
>>
Dorian is best friend.
Solas is the only romance worth doing.

Rest is shit.
>>
>>339925106
it is just ok
>>
File: 1445548779898.jpg (157 KB, 1195x897) Image search: [Google]
1445548779898.jpg
157 KB, 1195x897
>>339925106
Was the multiplayer good like ME3?
>>
File: tumblr_n1nn7fYdOj1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1nn7fYdOj1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
I like Sera.
>>
Is it a good single player mmo atleast?
>>
>>339927876

his character is ok but the looks is a major turn off for me. I'd rather fuck Bull or Cullen
>>
god fucking awful
>>
File: japanese vs western.jpg (313 KB, 1280x836) Image search: [Google]
japanese vs western.jpg
313 KB, 1280x836
Ugly characters
Ugly romances
Ugly gameplay.
>>
>/v/ says it bad
>still probably put hundreds of hours into it
>>
>>339928385
Nope. Tried on several occasions to force myself through it but it is really boring beyond belief.

Voice acting and dialogue are shit. Half the people talk in this extremely obnoxious and shitty French accent.

Even the dialogue is framed in this incredibly bizarre way where it's like you're hearing background noises instead of actually talking to someone.
>>
I bought it. How badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>339928516
lolno
>>
It was ok.
It wasn't that good like origins but way better then DA2
>>
>>339925106
wasn't that bad imo, had some fun - many of the areas looked nice too
wouldn't go back and play it though

>raped tactical view from dao, you get the gimped console version even on pc
>can only bind 8 skills, even on pc
>can't click to loot, have to manually walk to each item
>tactics menu sucks ass even compared to da2
>>
>>339928385
If you enjoyed the series despite DA2, then yes.
If not then no
>>
Shit
>>
>>339925440
pretty much this
>>
>>339925106
its so fucking boring and soulless I can't believe it
>>
>>339925106
meh

Not an awful game but I didn't feel like wasting more than ten hours on it
>>
Forgettable
>>
File: smug.jpg (94 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
94 KB, 453x604
>>339928516
I actually only put 100 hours into you dumb cuck
>>
Do backgrounds actually matter in this game?

When I started I was dalish mage sent on a mission to spy on shems as ordered by my Keeper, but then when the tutorial ended I was a leader of some religious order I didn't want to be a part of and all my ties to my clan are somehow nonexistent.

Hated it by the way, didn't want to continue after Redcliffe. Felt like an mmo.
>>
>>339928474
Why the fuck would you draw angel as a trap
>>
>DA2 was an actual fucking mess
>Probably the worst RPG to be made in the last decade

>Bioware hypes DAI as a return to form
>It's just marginally better than DA2

The bar was set so low, so very low, and Bioware managed to just barely avoid making another DA2 despite them claiming actually trying this time around.

The company is dead and all future projects are doomed to fail.
>>
File: 16323020565_5a4ee8701c_b.jpg (249 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
16323020565_5a4ee8701c_b.jpg
249 KB, 1024x683
>>339925106
I had much fun with it. The lore and locations are god tier and I liked most of the characters.

Those who say most of the quests are MMO-tier should just accept that every RPG game is like that now. We can't go back to the old days, not with the current vidya industry. The quests in Inquisition weren't all bad and most of them contained much info about other characters, lore, explanations.

Also Solas best romance.
>>
File: 1461116827252.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461116827252.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
A friend gifted it to me. I really enjoyed it, and i still play it from time to time.
>>
File: bioware animation skills.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
bioware animation skills.webm
3 MB, 896x504
Cant justify its existance in a timeline where Witcher 3 exist.
Poor writing, sjw pandering, controls designed for gamepad, retarded starting premise, collect 10 monkeybutts quest design, mmo-ish while being single player, horrible animation, bad face design with everything looking oily.
Its more a DA2 2 than DA:O 2.
>>
>>339929465
>Disregard quality that's just the way it is now

No wonder games are going downhill.
>>
>>339928013

The crafting system was a nice step away from the RNG Loot boxes, but the multiplayer is pretty buggy itself. Good bants between the player characters though.
>>
One of the things that ticked me off the most was how clumsy and sluggish the game felt in nearly every aspect. There was no flow in combat. Moving in your little fort wasn't pleasant.

And holy fuck, Bioware just can't design menus. Every random JRPG shlock has menus that are more pleasant to navigate through than this piece of shit.
>>
>>339928567

I got the SWTOR Collector's Edition.

You didn't fuck up near as bad.
>>
File: Dragon Age 3.jpg (2 MB, 930x4194) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Age 3.jpg
2 MB, 930x4194
>>339925106
Never played it. After DA2 and ME3 don't really want to play bioware games ever again. But pic related might be useful.
>>
>>339925440
This
>>
>Everyone complained about DA2's story and wanted that "epic" BioWare story back like DA:O
>Ended up with a cliche and boring an ancient evil awakens and wants to destroy the world storyline
>Could have had an interesting normies vs mages story instead but that was basically ignored
>>
>>339927616
>AND THE MOST SHIT THING: You need to let your people go to spy, must wait real time, like in a fucking MOBILE GAME!
Luckily pc master race has allowed us to mod that shit out.
>>
File: Landmark-in-the-Graves-Wolf.png (1 MB, 1000x623) Image search: [Google]
Landmark-in-the-Graves-Wolf.png
1 MB, 1000x623
>>339925106
Say what you want, but walking through the Hinterlands or the Emerald Graves with your companions, waiting for their banters to trigger, is comfy as fuck.

The OST is great too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEt2PMk0lVU

https://youtu.be/KPXueNTgEDQ?t=14m2s
>>
The most interesting aspect of the DA world were the grey wardens.

Then DAI wrote them away like they don't matter.
>>
>>339925106
It's a bit dull and the relationship are uninteresting and 2 was more interesting
>>
>>339930074
>comfy
thanks for making it easy to ignore your opinion
>>
>>339929630
This

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>339927876
>Not riding the bull
And you call yourself gay
>>
>>339927928
Fudge solas
>>
Shoehorned progressiveism aside (I'm a liberal and I found it too much - why the fuck would the qunari who think a farmer trying to be a merchant is wrong allow transexuality?) this game was enjoyable for the first 2/3rds, then like everything published by EA it turned to dogshit and gave us a rushed, unsatisfactory ending.

Thank god they took time out from making an interesting final boss fight to write, voice and animate a trans character though.
>>
>>339929465
>Those who say most of the quests are MMO-tier should just accept that every RPG game is like that now. We can't go back to the old days,
What is witcher 3.
>>
Played it drunk, had a blast when I could judge that one queen and sentence her body to community service.
Played it sober and hated the animations
It had the potential to be a good game but BioWare
>>
>>339929630
>everyone complains that Inquisition has MMO-tier quests and it's boring
>completely ignores the same faults The Witcher, Xenoblade X and other modern RPG games have and praises them to heaven and beyond

It's true that the current RPG games are like this now and no matter how much you will shout and ask for more compelling quests, devs won't give them to you, not in the same way as the past anyway. Too expensive, too time-taking, too complex for casual players and every company knows this.

It's not disregarding quality, it's being fair: if you gotta complain about these valid faults, then do it for all the games that have them, not just the one made by that company you loathe. This kind of behavior is why games are going downhill.
>>
I've played Origins like 7 times but dropped this 15 hours in. I even suffered a DA2 play through.
>>
>>339927876
Is there a mod to fix his ridiculous hair and facial hair
>>
>>339930531
Most games have the decency to at least dress it up with a story and dialogue, inquisition gives you 2 sentences at the most before it's off to X Y of Z.
>>
>>339930434
She wasn't transgender she was butch
>>
>>339930531
As Witcher 3 proved, no. It's very very possible. It's very feasable. It's very possible to stay in budget and still deliver.

It feels more like most games are absolutely ambitionless. Games like DA2 and 3 in particular felt like "Guess we have to make yet another".

There are actually a lot more things I think are wrong when it comes to making these games but I have to take off in ten minutes and can't really elaborate all on them, even though I wish I could.

Also I'm not shouting at you. Coming off that way was no intention of mine. But what you displayed was a show of defeatism and the lack of ambition I mentioned. Basically, we, as customers, have to hold developers to high standards otherwise they will not try to meet them and the quality will sink.
>>
File: image.png (511 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
511 KB, 666x1000
>>339929841
Wow, too bad real game "journalist" can put in effort like this guy
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.