[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we want the Yo-kai Watch audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (490 KB, 1200x1316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
490 KB, 1200x1316
>we want the Yo-kai Watch audience
>>
>>339917341
I liked the first Yokai Watch and can't wait for the sequel
>>
This is bait right
>>
>>339917341
I don't think Pokemon needs to pull off blatant ripoffs to compete with Youkai Watch, but I can certainly see the resemblance
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>339917341
>caring about modern Nintendo
>>
>>339917341
I don't see it. plus I'm more excited for yw2 localization than sun and moon
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 300x168
>>339917779
>one of the starters is a fire cat
>you get a ghost companion who helps you identify different Yok-... I mean Pokemon and tells you where to go next
>main character has a watch-like device on his/her wrist
>you can find different Pokemon by scanning QR codes on real life objects even though it makes absolutely no fucking sense for Pokemon since most of them aren't ghosts
CANT
MAKE
THIS
SHIT
UP
>>
>>339917341
Rotom Pokedex sounds annoying as shit
>>
>>339917341
>>339918497
You're aware that both the Pokedex and Rotom existed before this game, right?

>>one of the starters is a fire cat
You're aware that we had a fire feline just last gen?

>>main character has a watch-like device on his/her wrist
You mean like gen 6?

>>you can find different Pokemon by scanning QR codes on real life objects even though it makes absolutely no fucking sense for Pokemon since most of them aren't ghosts
You only get Pokedex info you fucking retard.

You YW fucks are the worst, let it die already.
>>
File: 1329822092408.jpg (9 KB, 278x309) Image search: [Google]
1329822092408.jpg
9 KB, 278x309
>>339918497

>main character has a watch

Well fuck, that swayed me over.
>>
File: 1464646741221.png (150 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464646741221.png
150 KB, 300x300
>handheld gaming
>>
>>339918497
>one of the starters is a fire cat

there were fire cats before Kitten you know. its a pretty generic concept

>you get a ghost companion who helps you identify different Yok-... I mean Pokemon and tells you where to go next

rotoms ghost typing is probably coincidental. I'm pretty sure it was used because it inhabits appliances. whisper doesn't really do any of those things in game that much, he's more or less just a sarcastic companion

>main character has a watch-like device on his/her wrist

so did X/Y protags. its for mega evolution

>you can find different Pokemon by scanning QR codes on real life objects even though it makes absolutely no fucking sense for Pokemon since most of them aren't ghosts

scanning qr codes give medals in YW. idk, the idea could've been inspired by YW but qr codes mostly just help sell medals and make things feel more immersive. could also tie in to pokemon go, though I'm pretty out of the loop with this bit of news
>>
>>339918937
You're forgetting that context is important. XY came out two months after the first Yokai game and the franchise didn't start being relevant until 2014. With SM can definitely feel the pressure the success of Yokai Watch has put on GameFreak.

>You're aware that we had a fire feline just last gen
The fire feline you're talking about was a lion, not a cat.

>Rotom existed before this game, right?
Yes, that's why it feels so random that they're only bringing him back now. It was never an exceptionally popular Pokemon and neither gen 5 nor gen 6 introduced any new Rotom forms.

>You mean like gen 6?
The SM one looks more like a watch. If it's used to "summon" things then Pokemon is officially fucked.

>You only get Pokedex info you fucking retard
I'm not talking about the function but the form. The franchise never broke the 4th wall in that way.
>>
>>339917341
>You're aware that both the Pokedex and Rotom existed before this game, right?
but the combination of them didn't
you can clearly see from the designed that they nicked it, stop shilling
>>
>>339918497
Since when could you scan QR's to get pokémon

Is that a new feature?
>>
>>339919829
Yes, it's a new feature that's being introduced in Pokemon Sun/Moon

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/

Yokai Watch had the same thing going on with QR codes and Yokai medals

It's sad to see a franchise that used to be a trendsetter become a trend follower instead
>>
>>339919635
>Yes, that's why it feels so random that they're only bringing him back now. It was never an exceptionally popular Pokemon and neither gen 5 nor gen 6 introduced any new Rotom forms.
Rotom has always been a mainstay in the anime since 2013, always staying with the guy who CREATED THE POKEDEX. That it sipped into the games somehow is completely normal.

>The SM one looks more like a watch.
It really doesn't. If anything it looks like a Power Ranger or Kamen Rider bracelet.

> The franchise never broke the 4th wall in that way
Creating caves by scanning QR codes didn't?
>>
>>339920156
>Rotom has always been a mainstay in the anime since 2013, always staying with the guy who CREATED THE POKEDEX.
Anime doesn't influence the games, it's the other way around. The person who gives you the Rotom Pokedex in Sun/Moon isn't even Professor Oak anyway

Moreover, how do you explain the fact that the Rotom-D CAN talk (extremely unusual in Pokemon) and looks like the Yokai tablet Whisper is holding? (see OP for reference)

>Creating caves by scanning QR codes didn't?
It hardly breaks the 4th wall in a way finding actual living Pokemon in the objects around you does.
>>
>>339917341
the whisp and black marks are things a dead person or ghost would have, akin to frayed hair and sunken in eyesockets....from being in the grave
>>
>>339918497
>>you can find different Pokemon by scanning QR codes on real life objects even though it makes absolutely no fucking sense for Pokemon since most of them aren't ghosts

didnt Digimon or Monster Ranchers do the same thing decades ago? With bar codes mind, but its in no way a new concept
>>
File: FCNGzYhIFMA.jpg (60 KB, 510x359) Image search: [Google]
FCNGzYhIFMA.jpg
60 KB, 510x359
>>339920839
>Anime doesn't influence the games, it's the other way around.
Pikachu everything says you're wrong.

>how do you explain the fact that the Rotom-D CAN talk
Maybe the fact that that Pokedex got modified especially for Alolai Rotom?
Not mentioning that just like we had a way to see the idea of seeing Pokemon dreams(gen 3 scientist in Devo says he's creating a device) in gen 5, we now see(gen V scientist says he's creating a device to talk with Pokemon) now in gen 7? Using old unused ideas isn't anything new for GF.

>and looks like the Yokai tablet Whisper is holding?
A closed Hoenn Pokedex seen from behind you mean?

>It hardly breaks the 4th wall in a way finding actual living Pokemon in the objects around you does.
Good thing you don't find actual living Pokemon but just information about them. Or do you have a source that says i'm wrong? Because the site proves me right.

Not mentioning that Digimon did it first and that "seeing Pokemon around you" or "the world interacting with you" isn't even new for the series since Pokemon Dream Radar and Gates to Infinity exist.
>>
>>339921026
The thing is they all made sense in their respective franchises.

Scanning bar codes in Digimon made sense since in-universe they're digital beings that can be remade and rewritten almost at will.

In Monster Rancher obtaining monsters from CD/DVD made sense since in-universe you literally summon the monsters from ancient stone discs.

Scanning Pokemon from QR codes however makes absolutely no sense from the lore standpoint, it's clear they only added it to pander to Yokaifags.

They literally went from pandering to genwunners to pandering to Yokai kiddies (who don't give a shit about Pokemon) in a single generation.
>>
>>339917341
>Yokai Watch invented companion/partner characters

ok OP
>>
File: l6pkTGc.png (362 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
l6pkTGc.png
362 KB, 523x592
>Pokemon killer
>>
>>339921690
>"seeing Pokemon around you" or "the world interacting with you" isn't even new for the series since Pokemon Dream Radar and Gates to Infinity exist
Pokemon Dream Radar was meant to simulate the "Pokemon dreams" which was a pretty significant part of gen V. Dream World rings a bell? You could even find the pink dream smoke Musharna is generating.

Gates to Infinity is a spin-off, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>339921813
Where did I say that they "invented it"? I'm only pointing out the design similarities.
>>
>>339922102
Cool, cool. Still doesn't stop it from existing and generating real Pokemon into my game from dreams.

Being a spin-off doesn't mean the idea wasn't used in the series before.

Everything in this thread is a mess, the only thing i can concede is Rotom actually helping the player.
>>
Pokefags get so triggered by Yokai Watch, it's hilarious.
>>
>>339921954

It killed Pokemon in Japan.

Just because Pokemon needs gaijin manchildren to survive doesn't mean Yokai Watch didn't do a number on it.
>>
File: MysteryDisk[1].jpg (112 KB, 336x333) Image search: [Google]
MysteryDisk[1].jpg
112 KB, 336x333
>>339918497

>dat feel when you'll never scan another cd/dvd to release the monster inside
>>
>>339922530
Selling 300k more initially than a remake of a 11 year old game in a single country isn't exactly "doing a number".
>>
>>339922774
He's bullshitting you anyway.
>>
>>339922808

>I-I-It was just a remake!

k
>>
File: 1464684775381.jpg (15 KB, 386x269) Image search: [Google]
1464684775381.jpg
15 KB, 386x269
>yokai watch and pokemon are similar
>>
>It's huge in Japan
>Be in Japan
>Never see kids play it
ok..
>>
>>339923093
Its pretty much like Medabots
>short surge in popularity
>its a X killer
>dissolves into nothingness a short while later as Pokemon, Digimon, and Yugioh live on
>>
File: 34672961.jpg (827 KB, 1550x1050) Image search: [Google]
34672961.jpg
827 KB, 1550x1050
>>339923093

Do you like, watch kids, or something?
>>
>>339923245
>short surge
eh
Medarot was pretty old before it got a show..
>>
>>339921715
actually, pokemon have been 'data' from the very start

It's blatant from the UI in Gen 5 but you've been able to store and transfer pokemon throughout the pokemon world with your PCbox since Gen 1
>>
>>339923401
Are you saying there are no kids just walking around or sitting around playing games in your country? Probably not cause you live in the US and people'd snag the kid's handheld away.
>>
>>339923245
>Digimon
>live on

It's as well known these days as SMT.
>>
>>339923452

Well, do you see kids play Pokemon?
>>
>>339923456
say what you will about digimon but it has its periodic resurgences between games, animes, cards, and toys

Still surprised they've never tried to go full on lewd with the series considering so many of the digimon designs
>>
>>339923437

>Pokemon was just a ripoff of Shin Megami Tensei this whole time
>yfw Pokemon was the "SMT killer"
>>
>>339923598
SMT was never popular enough to have a 'killer'

>yfw pokemon are actually stands
>>
>>339923529
Pokemon yeah, all the time
It's not something you just drop after a while
It gives you the sense of having to complete it
>>
>>339923893
>It gives you the sense of having to complete it

I believe that's called "autism"
>>
>>339923785
>SMT was never popular enough to have a 'killer'

That's only because you're a baka gaijin who never heard of it until long after it was killed by Pokemon.
>>
>>339917341
YOKAI YOKAI YOKAI WATCH
>>
>>339923974
Then call most of Japanese kids autistic
Autists don't care
>>
>yfw nothing changes because yokai is a complete failure in the west while successful in the east and pokemon is a huge success in the west while failing in the east
>>
>>339924135
pokemon isnt failing at all in the east.
afaik the latest pokemon game outsold the latest yokai watch.
>>
>>339919635
>The SM one looks more like a watch
You realize gen 4's Poketch is literally a watch right
>>
*chuckles*

To be reduced to this...
>>
>>339923023
Are you okay anon? I'm just saying that a SUPERCOOL WONDERFUL MEGAYEAH game like YW2 only barely outsold a remake of a 11 year old game INITIALLY in a single country despite having the advantage of being released 5 MONTHS before it.
Not that GF cares about Japan only.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.