[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire EMblem Fates (Euro)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
So anyone around here got the European version?
Can anyone verify wether the translators worked off the American translation, pickles and all?

I ask because so far I've found no indication wether or not the German translation is horrible.
>>
>>339916484
EU English is the same as NA English with SOME (some, not all) typo fixes.

All other EU languages are translated from the English script.
>>
>>339916631
Well, shit.
>>
>>339916759
Just know that rrrghg rawrgghh rrrh!

That’s dragon for “I love you!”
>>
It still has them make sure EVERYONE is aware that Elise is an adult
>>
>>339916484
Remember, NoE sized down hard when they moved from Großostheim.
They can only do straight translations from the NoA scripts anymore, for everything else they gotta contract 3rd parties.
Dont expect Europe to get a different version in the foreseeable future for anything, not #FE, not Colour Splash, not Zelda U/NX
>>
>>339917145
I wouldn't mind in most cases, but seeing as the American translation butchered some dialouges/characters, I#m not sure I wanna buy this game anymore.
>>
File: lucina eating.gif (2 MB, 663x603) Image search: [Google]
lucina eating.gif
2 MB, 663x603
Pickles and edge ninjas aside, how bad is the translation really?
I mean I love Awakening and there is some pretty terrible writing in there too.
>>
>>339917951
full of grammar mistakes, misspellings, too much modern slang like "foodie", characters turned into memes like Effie and Hisame, "slappyface" is a thing
>>
>>339918147
Bad enough to ruin the experience?
>>
>>339920208
Not him, but I was completely able to ignore most of that shit. Effie is a good unit despite her Lifting shtick and I hate the kids so I didn't get any of them, Hisame included. My main problem, like a lot of other people's was Fates' absolutely dogshit story.

>INB4 Fire Emblems always have had shit stories.
Some of them are meh, some are good, Fates is just terrible in that department.
>>
>>339920208
Really depends on how much of your experience with the game hangs on the support and paralogue convos. That's where most of the dumb stuff is.
>>
>>339920468
>>339920526
I think I might be able to power through it.
Are there some fun characters to balance out the crap?
>>
>>339917951
We talking about Fates' translation here?
A lot of it is fine, but when it's shit, oh boy, is it shit.
Story also sucks, but that's just in every version of the game, Japanese and not-Japanese.
>>
>>339917951
I played the undub, and I highly recommend you do so too. And like most people said, most of the in your face dumb stuff is in the extras. Bad quirks in the main story breeze by quite fast.
Not like it matters, the story is shit anyway
>>
>>339920627
I'd say Niles, and if you got threw Owain's thing in Awakening and liked it, you surely can get over Odin's in Fates. The thing I was interested in most was the info about Garon's Waifu Wars and that was barely mentioned in like 2 supports.
>>
>>339920752
through*
>>
>>339917951

There's some really dumb shit like Effie's voice and the part where they replaced a Support covnersation with four lines of '...' but they also rewrote some stuff for the better like changing some of Soleil's terrible supports and giving Forrest a spine instead of being a shy wallflower.
>>
>>339920725
>played the undub, and I highly recommend you do so too.
I usually just play the games withh the sound muted, carryover from when I was a kid and my mum made me buy my own batteries.
Is the japanese on the cartridge?
>>
>>339920943
No, you need a hacked 3ds. If that sounds like too much work for you, don't bother
>>
>>339920915
>where they replaced a Support covnersation with four lines of '...'
I still don't understand why that happened. And what kills me is that NoA just ignores valid criticism about stuff like that. I wasn't into the whole lambasting every decision that was made in regards to the localization, but that support was so inoffensive it made no sense to change it.
>>
>>339921091
The numale localization director (Nick something) probably thought it up while he was watching his wife get fucked by the BBC and thought it was hilarious
>>
What I was wondering is why did they change some class names? Why strategist instead of valkyrie or outlaw instead of thief? Not complaining, just curious.
>>
>>339921686
>valkyrie
reference to an outdated problematic sexualized image of women as warrior mascots
jk, no idea
>>
I just finished the EU version of Conquest and I haven't been in a FE thread for like 5 months, so did they change some of Camilla's lines in the adaptation? I remember people talking about it back then.
And overall, what did they change from the original version?
>>
>>339921686
I think that it was to differentiate better Nohr classes from Hoshido ones.
>>
>>339921686
Well, some of them may be because some of them are no longer gender locked. Strategist is a Male and Female class now, along with Sky Knight though I believe in the case of Sky Knight, the winged horses that are ridden in that class are said to not be exactly Pegasi but a similar animal. Metawise it was to justify that class also no longer being locked to Females. But then the Fates got stupid in regards to this and made Grandmaster male only.
>>
So, did anyone else like Awakening's story better?
>>
>>339922071
I did. But I still don't think that it was the best.
>>
File: 1457332384058.jpg (98 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1457332384058.jpg
98 KB, 640x960
>>339920208
Really depends what you want to get out of the experience.

The gameplay is fine enough, a step ahead from Awakening if nothing.

The plot, characters and support dialogue are heaping amounts of shit though. Conquest and Revelations in particular is just fucking awful plot wise and Birthright characters are boring as shit. And that's with the original jap script. The poorly done localisation is just another coil of the same shit.
>>
>>339920208
Not really because the plot and characters are terrible even without that
>>
>>339922675
The whole you can't talk about Valla until you're in Valla shit is stupid and Anankos is one of the most boring villains in the series to date.
>>
File: 1468386423.jpg (66 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1468386423.jpg
66 KB, 600x300
>he fell for the FE14 meme
>>
>>339921091
>>339921235
It was legitimately probably nothing more than some lazy ass translator had his lunch break soon and thought he could get out of some work by just quickly doing that
>>
>>339922867
Wait, there's no red and green cavs in FE14 are there?
>>
File: 1457555811411.jpg (67 KB, 514x379) Image search: [Google]
1457555811411.jpg
67 KB, 514x379
>>339922796
I was more disappointed by Conquest.

>Previews said it was all about returning to Nohr and starting a revolution
>Jokes; it's actually just you doing the main villain's will to the letter
>Said main villain is unbelievable stupid evil and NO ONE is questioning it
>Only actually rebel against him in Chapter 26 out of 28 chapters when his stupid ass retainers attack you in broad daylight in front of the entire royal family

At least the final boss of Conquest was neat but Christ save me if it wasn't the dumbest shit getting there.
>>
>>339923269
Yet more proof it's not a worthy FE game
>>
>>339923269
The Christmas Knights in Fates are Ninjas this time. Saizo and Kaze.
>>
>>339923275
Conquest's game play save is for me, but just barely. I remember when people were saying that it was gonna that Nohr attacked Hoshido due to the lack of resources and that Hoshido wouldn't help them out, turns out that was completely not the case. Garon's just an evil dick and possessed.
>>339923306
Technically they're in the game, just not Cavaliers.
>>
>>339923435
gameplay saved it for me*
>>
>>339923275
>it's actually just you doing the main villain's will to the letter
Holy shit this. What the hell were they thinking It would have been acceptable for like 3-4 chapters, but goddamn, you had to go all the way to the enemy's capital to unmask him? What the hell?
>>
>>339917283
Why don't you learn Japanese?
>>
>>339923721
Because Pearl Harbor
>>
>>339923435
This is what bothers me with the plot as a whole; there is so little reason for Nohr fighting Hoshido other than "Because Garon wants to" so everyone is just okay.

Give a fucking reason as to why Nohr and not Garon is okay marching to war. Maybe Hoshido were once invaders centuries ago and took a piece of Nohr's land that was vital for food or maybe Hoshido just refuse to share their abundance of supplies? It doesn't have to be some incredibly convoluted reason just have Garon appear as someone who can manipulate Nohr into going to war by preying on their situation other than "I am evil and if you don't I'll kill you."
>>
>>339923721
I can passably read hiragana, but I'm not sitting down to play a game with a kanji dictionary on my lap.
>>
>>339923596
Honestly the point Corrin should have turned rebel was after Cheve and Scarlet is raped to death by Hans.

Would have been the best point to suddenly have everyone say "This is fucking dumb maybe Garon is a threat?"
>>
>>339923936
>Maybe Hoshido were once invaders centuries ago and took a piece of Nohr's land that was vital for food or maybe Hoshido just refuse to share their abundance of supplies?
This first part would be plausible and good if Fates had any sort of world building. Hell the different going ons with the Dragons barely has any dedication to it. And I think the second part would have worked fine if Mikoto was actually more morally grey like some people were hoping, to bad Ryoma torpedoes that idea in the current story with him straight up saying that Hoshido would share resources.
>>
>>339924201
>Mikoto is some perfect angel too good for this world
>Garon is just a dick entire time to Corrin and never tries manipulating them
>>
>>339924747
There were so many missed opportunities in Fates. It kills me that they acknowledged Awakening's story flaws and were making the attempt to correct them but Fates ended up worse. I'm more interested in the Concubine shit than I am anything else. I'd rather DLC dedicated to that than more of the kid shit, but I dislike them so I guess that's expected.
>>
>>339924963
Awakening's story was simple, but it worked in my opinion. With Fates they just tried to push the whole "grey morality" thing too far.
Also, the support dialogues were uninspired and boring. Hell, I remember in Awakening they fleshed out the personality of the characters, in Fates it's just stuff like "oh noes, you just poured tea on me, you're so clumsy lolol"
>>
>>339916484
>Can anyone verify wether the translators worked off the American translation, pickles and all?
Nope.
This game is BY FAR the worst in terms of character dialogue and story.
If you want to enjoy it, you pretty much have to skip every line of dialogue, because the MC is so insufferably dumb it hurts.
The gameplay is at its best in Conquest tho.
So if you can ignore everything the characters say, you might enjoy the game.
>>
>>339925331
The worst part was that it was supposed to be grey but it ends up ironically one of the most black and white games of the lot.
>>
>>339925331
Yeah some of the characters fell really flat to me too. Camilla's supports with Niles and Xander were going in a really good direction and then you have the rest of her supports and it's back to more of the same with her. And then Felicia's supports kind left me wanting too. I know here thing is that she's clumsy but it's pretty much most of her characterization and with her supports with Flora it's still at the forefront of the conversation. I know Flora is the older twin but you mean to tell me that Felicia was largely ignorant of the situation that they were in? You barely get her feelings on that subject. On the flipside most of Flora's character has to deal with her complexes.
>>
>>339925518
It's very apparent they Birthright is the more "righteous" choice if you ignore Revelation and just go by the two games. Even Garon is questioning why the fuck you came back.
>>
File: Fates Parenting.png (886 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fates Parenting.png
886 KB, 1920x1080
>>339924963
At least Awakening had an excuse for child units

Fates' reasoning was so mind bogglingly retarded and messed up I can't begin to imagine how they thought it up.
>>
File: 1462906917599.png (1017 KB, 665x663) Image search: [Google]
1462906917599.png
1017 KB, 665x663
>awakening advertised you would need to make some dire choices
>your choices didn't affect shit
>fates advertised you would make some difficult grey moral choices
>choices aren't grey at all

Never trust marketing, ever
>>
>>339917145
>not #FE
That game isn't even available in any language other than English, they wouldn't translate it to any other European language.

Guess they know it won't sell so why bother?
>>
>>339925881
I'd rather them either rework that mechanic to maybe apprentices or something like that or fully commit to the generational mechanic. I believe Hisame and Hinata were originally scripted to be brothers and I think that would have worked better for them.

Due to the way Fates' children work and along with how they worked in Awakening that means that the children who came back from the future in Awakening, show up in Fates, and have children in the Fates world are around the game age as their parent and the their child. Which is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>339926125
wait, they're not gonna translate the subs into their usual French German Spanish Portuguese?
that's lazy.
>>
>>339925965
I don't recall anything about Awakening having dire choices but I'm just going to accept all Fire Emblem titles from now on will be "modern anime cliché; the character"

I guess that's just what sells now home and abroad.
>>
>>339926226
The battle dialogue isn't even subbed in English. They're doing whatever they can to make the game fail.
>>
File: 1453155147894.jpg (17 KB, 256x287) Image search: [Google]
1453155147894.jpg
17 KB, 256x287
>>339917951
>translated the "wake up your waifu" to "wake up that slugabed"
>>
>>339926241
>I don't recall anything about Awakening having dire choices
Remember there's that choice at the end where Robin either chose to permanently end Grima and dissappear or have Chrom land the blow and just seal him for him to reappear later. The Grima end choice pretty much doesn't matter since the "bonds" that Robin makes during the game brings them back.
>>
>>339926226
Atlus did the same with some other SMT games before.
I don't think it would be a problem if the game were rated Mature, but as this is Pegi 12 a lot of kids are gonna complain
>>
File: 1435784192017.png (151 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1435784192017.png
151 KB, 512x512
>>339917951
>Pickles and edge ninjas aside, how bad is the translation really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52toV56212Y
>>
>>339926587
Actually an improvement.
I'll take hardass bodybuilder over another demure anime girl.
>>
>>339917951
>how bad is the translation really?
It's not a translation. It's a rewrite.
>>
>>339921686
would have been a bit weird having male Valkyries

and I guess it's since outlaws use a different weapon to thieves, they made a new name to distinguish them
>>
>>339926587
Do we at least have to option for jap voices?
I know awakening you could switch, but they were mostly single words and grunts.
>>
>>339928672
Fates does not have Dual Audio. Sorry.
>>
>>339926587
the jap version is really boring, but man they just did a complete change on the character
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.