[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the only financially feasible option for nintendo now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: RarewareLogoOld.jpg (22 KB, 233x300) Image search: [Google]
RarewareLogoOld.jpg
22 KB, 233x300
>tfw the only financially feasible option for nintendo now is to pull out of hardware (after the abysmal wii u sales) and focus on software like sega did after dreamcast

I just want to play Donkey Kong and Mario games on a PS4. It would be perfect. Nintendo would make so much money if they did this.
>>
Or they could, you know, put out a console that doesn't suck and actually advertise it. That's also a feasible option.
>>
Nintendo would be a dramatically different company without hardware to support. Their software staff would be downsized considerably and what remained would probably never release more experimental titles.

Considering you're whining about having more Donkey Kong games, though, you're probably not too worried about that.
>>
>wants to play Nintendo games
>doesn't buy a Nintendo console
It's your own stupid fucking fault then, you dumb cunt. Buy the console that has the games you want on it. Idiot.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (13 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
13 KB, 200x192
>>
Or they can continue to make money since no system is sold at a loss and software sales are always good.
>>
>>339912337
Honestly Nintendo is the only company that can feasibly continue producing consoles because their audience won't completely overlap with PC gaming in the near future. It's Playstation and Xbox that are going to get phased out, they're already basically shitty PCs with polluted interfaces.
>>
>>339913273
>software sales are always good
Didn't the Wii have abysmal sales for software? Most people bought the thing for Wii Sports and then never touched it again.
>>
> wii u bombed and production is canceled
> starfox bombed
> no new games till next year

So if the NX doesn't do well Nintendo is fucked?
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
>>339912337

>Nintendo's only time where they managed to make less of a profit than their competitiors
>NINTENDO NEEDS TO GO THE WAY OF THE SEGA OR THEY WILL BE LOST FOREVA!!!!

stop.
>>
>>339913521
It's thrown around a lot without any sources, but Nintendo has a shitload of money in the bank, especially after the Wii, the only console that generation that was sold at a profit.
Let this sink in, Microsoft and Sony don't really make that much money in their vidya departments. Nintendo only has one department and that is vidya. They need to make money in the vidya industry, and they have, more than you'd think.
>>
>>339913497
I don't know where you're getting that from. It had a smaller attach rate, which is just common for consoles that sell very well, but in terms of the actual numbers many of the franchises on it sold either just as well as before or far better.

That is if we're talking about Nintendo games, of course. I'm not sure how well third parties fared on the thing.
>>
>>339912337
Why is it always Sony fans dreaming of Nintendo games on their systems, never hear this from an xbox owner heck PC player can just emulate. Are the games that lacking?
>>
>>339914421
Really depends some thrid parties actually sold better than devs hoped on the WiiU ZombieU is one, Legends another.
>>
>>339913452
There are three gaming markets these days - Western games (which come to PS4, Xbone, and PC), Jap games (PS4 and PSV) and Nintendo games (WiiU and 3DS).

in the future, Playstation is going to eat Xbox and then become indistinguishable from a PC. leaving nintendo as the only ones who actually have "exclusives". On the other hand, they don't have anything else other than said exclusives, but that just means they always have a niche. No overlap.
>>
>>339912971
but I ONLY want to go to Pizza Hut despite wanting to order burgers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>339914480
Xbox fans around here seem to be fully aware that they are vastly outnumbered and typically stay quiet, unless the appropriate topic comes up. PC fans, in general, don't seem as overzealous about console wars, or at least spread their hatred out more rather than focusing on a single target. To them, consoles in general are the enemy, not Nintendo or Sony specifically.

Sony fans on the other hand view Nintendo as their primary rival, and there's currently fuck loads of PS4 owners compared to the rest.

Plus at the end of the day, Nintendo is the only one that's still truly prioritizing exclusives, so they've got the most games "held hostage". Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing seems to come down to whether or not you think their hardware is worth a purchase.
>>
>>339914963
Thats what really gets me. When Sony-only players see that Nintendo has a number of games they want, they whine about the games being "held hostage". Normal people and actual game enthusiasts (aka, the hardcore crowd) would simply take it as Nintendo's console having games they would want to play, and become more interested in purchasing or otherwise obtaining said console.

It's just a little scary how some people can hate a brand so much that even when it does something good, they twist it into something bad. I hate Microsoft, but if they evwr made good decisions, I would commend them for it.
>>
>>339913497
No, it didn't. Around one BILLION games were sold for the thing.
>>
>>339913497
No, this is a meme. It has an avaerage attach rate of 1 less game than the PS3, and a bigger attach rate than the PS1
>>
I wish they'd just focus on handheld games and systems It's all they do right anymore.
>>
>>339912971
just get a 5.1 wii u and get loadiine and pirate the 4-5 games worth playing
>>
>>339916179
You mean 10-12
>>
>tfw the only financially feasible option for nintendo now is to pull out of hardware (after the abysmal gamecube sales) and focus on software like sega did after dreamcast

This is how stupid you sound.
>>
if nintendo stopped releasing hardware they'd probably go the konami way and focus on mobile and other businesses so you'd be shit out of luck if you wanted to play their games on ps6
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.