[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth it to get back into it, /v/? Completed main story,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Heavensward_1en-01.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heavensward_1en-01.jpg
657 KB, 1920x1080
Is it worth it to get back into it, /v/?
Completed main story, just started on post-game story content, levelled WAR and DRG to 50. I'd have to buy Heavensward but fuck idk I've had a strong desire to get back into an online game, this specifically, again.

What's the shtate of it now?
>>
>>339908781
I'd say comeback for 1 or 2 months until you finish the story, in 1 week we are getting a new patch with shit ton of content, so most people will be doing story quests missions now to catch up.

https://youtu.be/2RMaN8U3ots
>>
>>339908781
I haven't played it in like 2 months but I'm level 60 in both SMN and DRG. The game is about to get a new patch on June 7th that adds some cool content including new dungeon and 24-man raid.
>>
Pretty shit, to be honest. Made everything from ARR-HW irrelevant and you're pretty much just going to do the same 2 dungeons for endgame.

They're some fucking easy dungeons, too.
>>
>>339908781
no
>>
>>339908781
yes
>>
>>339908781
If you quit because you didn't like grinding tomestones and wiping to the current raid, then don't come back. we're still doing that a year later.

The game has improved, but it hasn't changed.
>>
>>339909157
That's not even remotely true. You could be leveling your crafting and getting red scrips. Alex/Midas progression, grinding your anima weapon, getting gear to raise your item level, beast tribe quests, farming primals for mounts, diadem, new pvp modes, try out the Heavensward jobs, do Heavensward raids every week. Am I missing something?

And this is all when you hit 60, OP hasn't even touched Heavensward yet. He's gonna have a lot of content to cover.
>>
So I'm playing through level 30 story stuff at the moment and what the fuck is this shit? I have to go to a bunch of areas I've already been to to collect ingrediants for some lazy fucks dinner to prove I'm tough enough to fight a god, but first I have to do more tests in each area to prove I'm worthy of getting the ingrediants in the first place, even though I've already killed like 2 gods at this point.
Does ARR's story ever get good or is it just 50 levels of stupid fetch quests?
>>
>>339910354
Welcome to the Titan questline. Everyone hates it.

It doesn't get as bad as that, though the run up to Garuda gets close. Unfortunately yes, most of the orginal storyline is very padded with fetch quests. The patches after start to cut down on the tedium and everything in heavensward is strickly storyline progression.
>>
>>339910354
ARR plot is pretty shitty, and the part you're at right now is arguably the worst part of the game.

The subsequent patches after the main story get better and Heavensward is pretty damn great.
>>
>>339910354
>Seventh Astral Era
>go to Horizon
>now go to Eastern Thanalan
>now GO BACK to Horizon
What was the point of moving if now I'm doing quests around the old place?
>>
>>339910354
>muh beast tribes
>muh Garleans
That's literally the entirety of ARR.
Just skip all the cutscenes fampai.
>>
>>339910150

Diadem is super dead.
PvP is even more dead than that.
HW jobs? Sure, whatever. Enjoy doing FATEs for yet another 30 levels.
Anima is just doing old content in hopes to make it relevant, again. And hoping RNG isn't fucking you too hard. For a barely-maybe upgrade that you can't even brag about because it just takes time, not skill. Which goes for everything that isn't savage.
Beast tribes, mounts, red scrips... sure, I guess. If that's your thing. It's just going to be the same content again and again, but sure.
>>
Best Home and Favored Aetheryte locations?
I have home as Gridania, if I need to get to Ul'dah I can always go there for free through the Gold Saucer, also have Limsa and Mor Dhona as favored, not sure what my third one was.
>>
>>339908781
If you actually liked the main story of 2.X, the main story of 3.0 is fantastic, and there's actually a ton of stuff to do with more being added on Tuesday.

Friendly reminder that most of the people complaining are autists like me who clear all the new content excluding savage within hours and complain that there's nothing to do but wait for lockouts and FFXI autists who refuse to accept that XIV isn't a direct sequel to XI.

For a casual player who hasn't even bought HW and hasn't touched raiding there's a shit ton of stuff for you to do.
>>
>>339910354
>want to level another character on a different server just because
>remember this shit
No thanks
>>
>>339912695

>are autists like me who clear all the new content excluding savage within hours and complain that there's nothing to do but wait for lockouts

A valid complaint, isn't it? If you've only got 1 or 2 hours of relevant content available a week due to lockouts it's kinda lame.
>>
>>339911928
Going to the Gold Saucer is free. Leaving costs 200 gil or whatever piddily amount it is to travel between cities. I have Limsa as my free teleport and Idyllshire as my home point. FC house is in Gridania so teleport there us cheap and Ul'dah is shit so I never go there for any reason.
>>
>>339913234
Limsa > Ul'dah > Shit > Gridania
>>
>>339913150

Its a perfectly valid complaint for someone like me who plays it religiously, however I realize the only alternative right now is something like World of Warcraft which hasn't had an actual content update in almost a year and that if I get really bored I can unsubscribe and come back later since they make catching up so easy.

But to someone like OP who barely stepped foot into endgame, that shouldn't matter.
>>
>>339913402
>Ul'dah above anything
Nah
>>
File: 1464033706450.png (426 KB, 959x1033) Image search: [Google]
1464033706450.png
426 KB, 959x1033
>Resubbed
>Seph EX is i205 minimum
>Need a Seph weapon before I can attempt Nidhogg come 3.3
Fuck
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.