[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW there will never be a Demon's Souls 2 Dark souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (104 KB, 256x295) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg
104 KB, 256x295
>TFW there will never be a Demon's Souls 2
Dark souls and Bloodborne just don't feel as magical. Demon's just had that it factor.
>>
Bloodborne should have that feel. It sits in the same position as Demons Souls with it being the first in an ip. Dark Souls wouldn't unless its your first I guess. Favorite ds level? 5-1 mine. Love grabbing the saint set and jesus mace.
>>
>>339909071
3-1 and 4-1 are tied for my faves. The atmosphere in those levels is perfect.
>>
File: 1460867158056.jpg (484 KB, 752x950) Image search: [Google]
1460867158056.jpg
484 KB, 752x950
>>339908740
>Not wanting Angel/Light Souls
>not wanting to fight literal gods
>>
>>339908740
>Demon's just had that it factor
it was the first of its kind and belonged to a more exclusive crowd
>>
>>339909546
>not wanting to fight literal gods
nigger, all souls games do this
>>
>>339909156
4-1 is the greatest level in all of videogames
>>
>>339908740
>Dark souls and Bloodborne just don't feel as magical
But they do, pc cuck
>>
>>339908740
It had terrible level design except for 1-1 and whichever number Tower of Latria was, and the bosses were all garbage. It was a breath of fresh air when it released but was quickly surpassed. At least it's better than Dark Souls 2.
>>
i can't play online anymore?
>>
>>339908740
What "it" factor? I couldn't bring myself to like this game at all.
>>
One of the main things I loved about DeS was that unique weapons had unique interesting effects.
In DaS instead of having unique effects they just did big slash waves and dumb shit like that.
>>
Is it a possibility Demon's Souls will ever come to PC?
>>
>>339913020
Maybe if they remake/remaster it but I'd say that's pretty unlikely.
>>
>>339908740
Ofcourse it had the factor. It was literally the first souls game
>>
>tfw the nexus main theme will never be topped

There will never be a more comfy game song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q
>>
>>339910985
Thats a pretty retarded claim. Whats so good about it?
>>
>>339914127
Did you not play in Demons Souls hay day?
>>
>>339914279
Nope. So what gives?
>>
Demon's Souls was inferior in just about every aspect compared to Dark Souls. Demon's Souls was the first souls experience but it definitely doesn't hold up anymore.

Not to mention how dead demon's souls is. I tried to play it a year ago and just...nothing. It needs to be put down.
>>
>>339913537
Don't be surprised if you see a PS4 remaster of it announced during E3. Hopefully with that final archway accessible.
>>
>>339914502
Dark Souls open world was actually pretty shit in retrospect, Demon's is a lot better organized, and also allows the most options of where to go next of any game in the 'series'.
>>
>>339914426
It just had constant invasions / red signs.
Also you could jiggle past the fog wall at the very beginning to constantly keep it up and there was a vendor there for grass and shit.
It was basically the perfect fight club spot.
>>
>>339914593

I think in terms of opinions neither can win because opinions are subject.

From an objective standpoint, graphics, design, game play. It offers so many advancements over Demon's Souls that going back -even on purely nostalgia- terms isn't really that thrilling.

I sank hundreds of hours into Demon's Souls before Dark Souls came out, and i still feel this way.
>>
>>339908740
The music was unique and not orchestrated standard stuff, the sequels while having perhaps more technically correct music, didn't really capture that 60's horror movie heavy sluggish deep and dark atmosphere that demon souls' music had.

Also the experience of taking 12 hours to beat the first level + phalanx will always stick with me.
>>
>>339914127
Kill yourself
>>
>>339914893

Tower Knight has left me with a much longer lasting impression than any other souls boss.
>>
>>339908740
well now that dark souls seems closed out they might go back to it or bloodborne 2
>>
>>339915069

I think ending the series would be best instead of letting it become the Call of Duty of beginner level RPGs.
>>
>>339913789
negro please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0
>>
>>339915110
ya maybe
ive played and beaten all the souls games and at this point theres no challenge anymore
you get used to the light adjustments to mechanics and then you parry and backstab your way through everything
>>
>>339915069
It goes:

Demons succeed in Demon Souls,the world is covered in fog. All life dies, Dragons rise. The elderseeds grow into giant stone trees, Age of Ancients happens. Gwyn rises, Dark Souls 1-3 happens. Aldrich's prophecy comes true eventually, with humans becoming Great Ones as a result of exposure to the Dark. When the light returns in the Age of Deep Water, they leave to the realm of dreams and Yharnam comes to be.
>>
I'm playing right now waiting to get summoned in 4-1. Actually got summon quite a few times for Flamelurker and Tower Knight
>>
>>339915272
If you only play for the challenge, I assume you've either played SL1 runs or ascended past NG+6 in all the games right?
>>
>>339915272

The games are not challenging. Most of the challenge is mental, once you begin to get a hold on the games hit boxes and how overpowered rolling is you become competitive with the best players almost over night.

The games community reflects this, and the PvP i will never truly understand, it is not a game built for fair PvP.

What I'm saying it, nothing about Souls is hard and once it "clicks" the shallowness starts to reveal itself. They have not done anything but reskin the same engine with minor tweaks four times. This extends to Bloodborne as well, that game i feel was even easier overall.
>>
>>339915538
Thats why you've got to be playing for something else other than only "because its hard" and you want to prove something.
>>
>>339915305
I think its better to see each game, with the exception of the Dark Souls trilogy, as their own separate and unique experiences.
>>
>>339915601

I don't play games to prove anything, i think that's logically flawed.

I play video games to have fun and i have noticed a decline in my enjoyment to time invested ratio with souls.
>>
>>339915658
Its better to do that within Dark Souls, as well. Sure there is some carryover there, but all in all, each of those games are still their own worlds, hundreds of years apart.
>>
>>339914610
1-4 was the GOAT place for fighting.
>>
I love the game but one of my biggest nitpicks is having to be in soul form to be summoned.
>>
>>339908740
>tfw one day the demon's souls servers will shut down forever
>tfw one day there will be no ps3 consoles left to play it on
>tfw when no human alive will have known this game
>>
>>339911143

>this entire post
wew
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.