[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "we have no tanks and Zenyatta is the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
File: mercy.png (1 MB, 832x872) Image search: [Google]
mercy.png
1 MB, 832x872
>it's a "we have no tanks and Zenyatta is the only support" episode
>>
>template threads
>>
>>339907889
Your time to shine, healslut.
>>
I swear to God, having a Zenyatta is a fucking death sentence for any team I'm on

And then the game mocks me by giving me 2 legendary skins for him and zero for anyone else
>>
>>339908736
You haven't found excellent Zenyatta players yet, then. In the right hands, he's a beast.
>>
>>339908736
>>339908797
I'm a pretty good Zenyatta player, and I'd never play him as the sole support on attack. On defense, especially capture point, it's viable.
>>
>>339908949
He's pretty chill to have on attack.

>allows your team to vaporize tanks
>scares all the widowmakers and hanzos away with orb of discord
>ult is a self uber that heals everyone around you, which makes pushing easy
>>
>it's a "average mercy is yelling orders like a general to the team" episode
>>
>it's a "use the term episode on /v/" episode
>>
>>339908797
Sure let's see you do damage while a widowmaker keeps one shotting you kek
>>
File: 2964819159_2bcd515f7d.jpg (65 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
2964819159_2bcd515f7d.jpg
65 KB, 500x300
>It's a "team mates pick Symmetra or Trob on Attack" episode
>>
>It's a 'your team keeps going in 1 by 1 just to die' episode
>It's a rerun
>>
File: CSGOGameplay3[1].png (943 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
CSGOGameplay3[1].png
943 KB, 1024x640
>it's a "team yells at you because you don't do exactly what the dead player says" episode
>>
>>339907889
>It's a "nobody is focusing on Lucio when he's the fucking reason everyone else is not dying" episode
>>
File: 1462924470726.jpg (23 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
1462924470726.jpg
23 KB, 480x354
>it's a "it's a" thread
>>
File: aaaaa.png (79 KB, 243x352) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
79 KB, 243x352
>it's a "someone picks Symmetra on either side" episode
>>
File: alex.png (86 KB, 182x281) Image search: [Google]
alex.png
86 KB, 182x281
>>339909878
>it's a "it's a "it's a" thread" post
>>
Zenyatta is bretty gud on capture point defense as long as your team aren't literally mouthbreathers. The chokepoints are stupidly easy to hold and so Zen can just sit back and murder people with orbs.
>>
>>339907889
>implying you need any of these
Just pick as much McCree as possible.
>>
>>339907889
>its a fuck off that game is trash episode
>>
>>339909964
>it's a "t. retard who walks into turrets not realizing the damage she can shit out, and the utility teleporter brings to defence, and the benefit of recoverable shield health, and all the damage pierces reinhards and lemon key face's shields" episode
>>
>it's a "I was initially very against removing hero stacking from the game, because no one was ever able to provide a good explanation for it, but after playing about 400 games of Overwatch and starting to follow the competitive scene for the game, I now understand why every similar game doesn't allow hero stacking. The crux of the problem is very simple: An effective stacked team will always beat a diverse team, it's not hard to see why this is the case. Stacked teams are built to maximize synergy between heroes. For example, everyone knows that Bastion and Reinhardt have good synergy. If our team already has a Bastion and a Reinhardt, we could add a character like Genji, but he has no synergy with the rest of the team, and thus won't contribute all that much. It makes much more sense to add another Reinhardt or Bastion, to take further advantage of the synergy we already have, particularly because Reinhardt also has good synergy with himself. After that, we could maybe use a support to keep us alive, and maybe someone to deal with potential counters. We'll likely end up with a team that looks something like double Reinhardt, double Bastion, Mercy, and Widowmaker. This is a very viable team. It also only has 4 distinct characters. No doubt, at this point you're already starting to say "but wait, this team has counters". Go ahead, formulate a counter strategy to this team. It will probably involve multiple Tracers or Junkrats. Now try to come up with a viable counter that has 6 distinct characters. There almost certainly isn't one. In order to beat the synergy of a stacked team, you need a team with synergy of its own that also counters theirs.The counter to a stacked team is always a different stacked team. The end result of these two points is that in high level play, only stacked teams are viable on many maps. And indeed, this perfectly matches what we've seen in competitive play, as documented on Planet Overwatch and in tournaments" episode.
>>
>>339909360
>play mercy
>healing people while they are pushing toward objective
>warn that there's a D. Va behind us
>no response
>warn that there's now a D. Va and a reaper behind us
>nobody turning around while I get killed
>"DIE DIE DIE"
>everyone dies even though everyone was gathered near a reinhardt with his shield up facing the other way
>4 minutes later the exact same fucking scenario happens again

The only time I'll attempt to communicate is when there's danger like that, but nobody listens. Nobody listens to "Group up with me" spam when we can't charge in one by one, nobody listens to audio ult tells, everyone sucks at this game.
>>
File: 1449118858153.jpg (324 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
1449118858153.jpg
324 KB, 1280x1811
>>339910008
>it's a "it's a "it's a" thread" post" reply
>>
>>339910208
You have a gun mercy.
>>
>it's a "Junkrat ulted and your retard team won't shoot his tire and would rather watch it kill you instead" episode
>>
>>339909964

>Symmetra
>bad

time to git gud
>>
>>339909353
You forgot
>Your team gets outsustained since you can't heal for shit.
>>
>>339910314
Mercy's gun can't kill a tank who absorbs shots and Reaper who deals much more damage to me and faster than what I can deal to him. 2 of them and 1 of me which is why I needed people to turn around.
>>
>>339908797
>other team just flat out sucks
>zenyatta is a beast!

yeah, thats not really saying much.
>>
Honest question, how do i have fun as any of the 4 healers? healing people is both incredibly boring and unsatisfying
>>
>>339910586
Then switch hero
>>
File: 1451981662881.jpg (933 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451981662881.jpg
933 KB, 1920x1080
>two healer meta
>half the classes aren't even viable

This game died before it was even alive.
>>
>>339909484
You can play Torb on attack, senpai.

I play my Torb as a Gunslinger Engi
>>
>>339910669
fucking idiot, you've missed the point.
>>
>>339909484
>it's a "Widowmaker on attack insists she's helping" episode
>there's two of them
>>
>>339910475
>sustain in overwatch
>good

Nigga the only reason people play mercy and lucio is that the former has res and the latter cockblocks every ult in the game.
>>
>>339910168
>and the benefit of recoverable shield health

I'm actually curious about this. I notice I'll give someone shield and it stays for a really long ass time. How does it work?
>>
>>339910670
>Only 2 of the 4 support classes can actually heal
>>
File: Lucio PotG.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Lucio PotG.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>339910640
I like Lucio.
>>
>>339910736
I need healing
>>
>>339910857
Symmetra's shield buff lasts as long as that person is alive.

but it's only 25 health. It basically only helps with getting scraped by a stray tracer bullet
>>
>>339907889
>It's a "I'm getting fucking sick of this shitty meme" episode
>>
>>339910859

Why is that Blizzard has been unable to balance a game properly in more than 10 years?
>>
>>339909360
Every fucking time
>Mercy player on mic
>Blames everyone else for the fact we lost the last game, despite the fact that he was soloing as Tracer marching right into groups of enemies head on
>Plays Mercy and demands everyone gets near him every 3 seconds
>Now he's demanding we push on the offensive
>Oh, now he's demanding that we are moving "too far"
>Complaining that we aren't being "offensive enough"
>Complaining that we "got him killed" despite him standing right out in the open
>Starts dictating how other players should be playing their characters
>Does all this with an all round shitty and unpleasant attitude

So, anyone know how to mute mics in this game? Nothing worse than someone who thinks they understand the "team based mechanics" of the game, but yet are completely insufferable to deal with and show their lack of knowledge when they start trying to dictate what other players should be doing as their heroes. Even worse when they try to act like they're more "knowledgeable" and "know how to win" in this game and when you call them out for their shitty attitude, they try to run to the "its a game about teamwork" excuse, clearly missing the fact that dictation does not equal teamwork. They should be a team player and fuck off so that team morale is increased.
>>
>>339910887
You made a webm just for that?
>>
>>339910887
the knockback is fun but the healing is just passive, and his gun feels like shit, and his wall ride feels pointless when the maps dont have enough surfaces generally to do anything fun with it.
>>
File: 1464924545681.jpg (23 KB, 480x452) Image search: [Google]
1464924545681.jpg
23 KB, 480x452
>its a your attack team is getting completely stomped over and over again at the first spawn episode
Oh what thats almost every single fucking episode.
>>
>>339910857
There are 3 kinds of health:
regular HP
Armor
Shield

HP is HP
Armor reduces all damage by 50% or up to 5 damage, whichever is lesser, as long as you have at least one point of it
Shield regenerates swiftly out of combat
>>
>>339910925
it stops 150 hp classes from being headshot
>>
>It's a "Bastion on defense keeps camping gatling gun way ahead of the payload path and sneaky McCree keeps killing him before he even sees the enemy" season finale
>>
>>339910857
It's 25 health, that stays on them until they die or change heroes

If you don't take damage for a few seconds, your shields recover themselves. This is true of any hero shield health like Zenyatta's or Symmetra's innate health as shields, and makes you deceptively sticky on a point as long as you keep yourself to minor skirmishes
>>
>>339911017
Well, my team had been doing nothing the entire time and I was the only one even trying to contest the point. So yeah.
>>
>>339911007
>Blames everyone else for the fact we lost the last game, despite the fact that he was soloing as Tracer marching right into groups of enemies head on

Does that really happen every fucking time?
>>
>>339911061
>It's a "John Wayne walks in and tells the time to you before the korean girl shouts "ALLAHU ACKBAR" and your team all dies because they don't know how to hide behind walls" season premiere
>>
>It's a "player picks Bastion, despite being the attacking team, right as the match is about to begin" episode
gg thanks for the contribution :^)
>>
>>339910824
>He doesn't think sustain is good

Okay little boy, you and your teammates run around and grab medkits all day while we steam roll you as Lucio and Mercy.
>>
>>339911051
No it doesn't.

Widowmaker one shots anyone under 300 health with headshots.

It only prevents OHKO body shots.
>>
>>339911051
You mean one shot bodyshot. Headshots will still one shot and with Widow's RoF it only takes an uncharged shot to finish off anyway.
>>
>>339911007
Just make his voice echo with your mic, he'll shut up eventually, or just say Understood every time he turns into general mercy to drive him crazy.
More satisfying than winning.
>>
>>339911029
Lucio is OP as hell if used right. Due to the passive healing and song boost, I always get 15k healing. And the sound blast is always good for keeping Meis away and finishing off low hp enemies.
>>
>>339911149
Not exactly that specific "every time", idiot. I was speaking generally.

But I do note that those who do tend to blame others for their loss, do tend to lack common sense themselves.
>>
>It's a "Mei doesn't bother to use her alt-fire on frozen people" episode
Happens more often than not.
>>
>>339910859
>>
>>339911036
fucking this
it feels great when youre on defense holding the opposing team to their spawn, but at the same time it feels cheap since most maps have a chokepoint just before the first objective
most maps could really use an alternate route, even if its just a small hallway like on numbani
>>
>>339911353
>It's a "Mei freezes you and has 200 years to line up the perfect alt fire shot because your team is dicking off rather than being on the point" episode
>>
File: mari.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mari.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>tfw you unbox a whole lot of garbage you still have to go through and manually look at them all to get the [NEW] shit to go away
>>
>>339911224
It's fun if he's camping on the payload with a Rein. But on KoTH, fuck my life if I see one of those Bastions or torbs.
>>
>>339911260
Or you just do what the winners do

Don't get hit
>>
File: Lucio BTFO's widowmaker.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Lucio BTFO's widowmaker.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>339911029
Jump around more.

It's less wall riding and more wall jumping.

You'd be surprised where you can go by jumping around hectically.
>>
>Attacking point B on volskaya industries
>Watch a junkrat on my team use his ult from out in the open and get it destroyed
>Happens 6 times the entire match

Holy shit.
How can some people be this dumb?
>>
>>339910314
>tfw killing Roadies and 76s with Mercy

Truly the best feel
>>
File: 1454527460435.gif (1023 KB, 208x192) Image search: [Google]
1454527460435.gif
1023 KB, 208x192
>it's a "you realize the match is going to shit because everyone wants to be le ebic lone wolf and get a shit ton of kills instead of pushing/protecting objectives"
>>
>>339911529
git gud
>>
File: 1344962317917.jpg (15 KB, 279x284) Image search: [Google]
1344962317917.jpg
15 KB, 279x284
the lootboxes in this game are getting beyond frustrating
cant remember the last time i got one that wasnt 3 sprays and a player icon
>>
>>339907889

Zen is good if you make smart plays but since he requires so much work he gets overlooked
>>
>>339911507
>if he's camping on the payload
Yeah, he's useful for that, but I'm referring to right at the beginning where you need to actually get to the payload first.
>>
>it's a "let's camp their spawn point with only one hero defending the objective" episode
This always turns out well.
>>
I fucking hate this community

>no one ever picks tank or support
>fuck it I'm not a turbobitch but I also dont want to lose
>pick tank
>eventually decide fuck it, I'm gonna be one of the instalocking cunts, they can work around me
>welp guess we're having a 4 attackers, 2 defenders team

I know everyone is going to say "but why dont you just play with friends", same shit happens

>everyone will begrudgingly alternate support
>still no one wants to play fucking tank
>this one fucking guy gets whatever he wants to play every fucking time
>tell him to pick a fucking tank for once
>"but anon you're so good at tank, I'm shit at it, we'll lose"
>"I dont care, I'm playing Tracer, eat a dick"
>he picks tank and plays like garbage
>we lose
>"See? I told you anon"

If I have to play one more fucking minute of Winston I'm going to kill myself.

inb4 dont play with that guy, etc from people that dont understand how a group of friends works.
>>
My favorite episodes this season are:

>Two Widow mains refuse to switch because it's THEIR hero
>That guy and his Lucio pick on defense
>This dude just got a legendary skin for a hero so he's going to use that hero ALL DAY
>Mercy on koth instead of Lucio

and the mid-season finale: Mainers
>>
>>339910920
fucking lol
>>
>>339909484
symmetra is good on attack you pleb
>>
>>339911801
Legendary skin is the perfect incentive to get good with a character you barely use.
>>
>>339911734
sounds like your friend took a dive so he could not play tank. I have my preferences for classes too but real team players will learn to git gud for the sake of their team comp.
>>
>>339907889
>they actually named her after a racehorse
>>
>>339911734

>tfw I main support
>I did a little test and in 75% of the games if I choose to instalock DPS no one will switch to support and we play with 6 dps/defense and no one sees a problem with that

At one point I asked if one of them could switch to support OR tank and they gave me lip, they banded together to yell at me and tell ME to play it. I had more time on lucio alone, not even counting Mercy or tanks, than they all had on tanks/supports combined.
>>
File: whiteboi.png (57 KB, 153x158) Image search: [Google]
whiteboi.png
57 KB, 153x158
>it's a poo and dwarf have made zenyatta fucking invincible episode
>>
File: pissed off clarion.webm (395 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pissed off clarion.webm
395 KB, 1280x720
>it's a "time for blizzard to matchmake you with the biggest retards on earth vs 6 stacks to balance out your win/loss ratio" episode
>>
>>339907889
i like the

>We have no tank and mercy is healing the sniper /hanzo/junkrat
>>
>>339912124
It's fucking infuriating. I always try to round out what the team needs but no one ever returns the favor. I just want to get good at Genji for fuck sake.
>>
File: 5234423432.png (46 KB, 325x274) Image search: [Google]
5234423432.png
46 KB, 325x274
>team of 2 widows and a hanzo, while me and a Reinhardt + Mercy were the only ones trying to push the objective

god damn it's been so long since I've rage quitted that hard in a video game
>>
>>339908736

A good zenyatta should be unseen by opponents. Only during his enlightenment ultimate should the enemy even realize he exists.
>>
>>339912207
>Mercy just sits behind reinhardt all day even though he's the last person who needs healing
>she does this just so she can use her ult every 30 seconds

Bitch should have to earn her ult like everyone else and use her gun
>>
>it's a " mercy is healing a fully healed Reinhardt while others need healing" episode.
Let me buff your shield, rein :3
>>
>it's a "Reindart doesn't bring up his shield a single time and try to chase enemies while hammering non-stop" short film
>it's a "Lucio on speed mode all the time" web episode
>it's a "Toblerone trying to build a sentry on top of the enemy payload and getting immediately murdered non-stop" christmas special
>>
>>339911801
>>Mercy on koth instead of Lucio
I just won a match a couple of hours ago on Lijiang Tower AND got play of the game where my team died contesting the point in overtime (I called out that there was a Mei coming up from the side before getting the fuck out of there because I knew she was ulting), jumped back in and revived everyone and our reaper immediately DIEDIEDIE'd and killed their entire team. Yeah Lucio could've just alt-fired Mei off the map but he wouldn't have gotten play of the game for it.
>>
>Pick Zen to support
>End up having to kill everyone that flanks us

Fuck my life.
Also, Zen is pretty fucking strong.
>>
>>339909484
torb is good on attack if they have tracers or reapers trying to fuck you from behind
>>
>>339912357
Pretty much this.
>>
Why does no one use their mic in this game? In my 15 hours so far I've heard maybe a couple sentences said over the mic.
>>
>It's a "teammate doesn't step on the point as overtime is about to run out because he doesn't want to die" episode
>>
>>339909484

You're not thinking with portals
>>
File: Mei takes skill.jpg (225 KB, 825x552) Image search: [Google]
Mei takes skill.jpg
225 KB, 825x552
>it's a "Mei thinks she takes skill" episode
>>
>>339912634
I bet they still have push to talk set to ` and don't bother to use it.
>>
>>339909964

Her alt-fire annihilates turrets and shields like no other.
>>
>>339908736
Stop running off into a swam of bullets you fucking moron.
>>
>>339912634
most people who talk on mic are going to do it with their friends over a third party service like skype or otherwise.
>>
>>339910168
>she can shit out
But only on the designated streets, right?
>>
>>339912634
the only people who use mics when i've been playing are YELLAHABBI lebs and drunken bogans
>>
>>339909484
I play as Symmetra entirely too much. Depending on the team composition she has some viability on KoTH maps. On Attack however I just don't see the fucking point.
>>
File: 1389586846557.jpg (79 KB, 1914x1077) Image search: [Google]
1389586846557.jpg
79 KB, 1914x1077
>>339912758
No one takes skill though.
>>339907889
It sucks more when you have a Symettra as the only support or even a Zarya. She's okay, but she's more of an off tank than anything.
>>
>>339911801
As someone from Maine I got severely confused at this post
>>
>>339913230
you aren't a good symmetra player if you don't see the viability of sneaking ahead of the payload closer to the checkpoints, then placing and defending portals
>>
>>339913230
>Enemy team picks Symmetra even on B defend in Hollywood
>Their teleporter is literally just outside of their spawn

Why do people do this?
>>
>>339913360
it depends if they're shit or not. When I play symmetra on hollywood defense, I put the portal on the opposite side of the spawn/control point area, where the health pack is. The enemy always expects people to come from the spawning direction, so its easy to attack from both sides if they're contesting
>>
>>339911801
There is literally nothing wrong with Lucio on defense, he's viable in every situation.
>>
>>339913178
I just get people who forget to turn off their mics and you can hear the conversation with their folks in the background. How do people miss this? I mean Fuck it shows it on the TV or computer it's on.
>>
>>339912140
I fucking love playing Zenyatta on defense when we have a Sym and Torb, I just charge right through a Rein's shields and melt him and there's nothing he can do about it.
>>
I was shittalking a guy who got mad and then he went roadhog to constantly heal himself.
He had 8k self healing by the end of the match which was a lot more than I healed with Mercy

Though thanks to his self healing he denied me from getting free ult ups and neither did anyone attack the reaper that went gung-ho on me.

He left after that, probably still salty.
I played windowed any way and by the end of the match I was watching porn
>>
>>339913495
I just played again a Symmetra that did this.
The portal just got destroyed as soon as it went up.
>>
>>339911801
I main Rat and 76 and they work great on every map and side so fuuuuck you
>>
File: 1337215764199.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1337215764199.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>339907889
>it's a "Hanzo and Widowmaker in the same team" episode
>>
Ok what's with this retarded idea that healers in a fps ate the same as healers in mmo? Also I love how players blame their healers when they run off way ahead of the team and are surprised there is no support. Also do people ever notice the Zen debuff? It really helps but players are top add ridden to notice.
>>
>It's a We Have No Mercy But Multiple Hanzos And No Tank episode
>>
>>339913759
The icon for Discord Orb only shows for the Zen player - otherwise players have to look for the purple cloud around enemies which is very hard to see in a hectic fight.
>>
>>339913586
Zenyatta's balls aren't deflected by his shield? I can't get the debuff on him when it's up.
>>
>>339913759
I think the Discorb orb is designed more for the Zen to react with. If an enemy is shooting a certain target, discord him. Or, shoot an obvious target with and call it on the mic. It's quite hard to notice the discord animation on an enemy during a firefight.
>>
>>339913880
That Anon was probably playing against retards.

You can't put an orb on someone behind a shield.
>>
>>339907889
Zenyatta is completely fine at healing if you know how to use him
And those discord orbs helps your team tear through enemies.
>>
>>339913843
it's not hard to see is it? I see it when I'm not player as zen
>>
>>339913639
most symmetra players don't know how to distribute their turrets correctly. Most of them just bunch them up together above doorways in predictable spots. Its actually better to litter them around sporadically. Some on the floor, some on the ceiling, some on the walls. That way, enemies can't just look up and shoot them all at once. It keeps them distracted long enough for you to kill them
>>
I was in a game just now as Mercy
>Do 10,000 healing total
>Lose game at the end because two Genji players refused to change the entire match

He's the most situational hero, having more than one is absurd
Fuck Genji, and fuck people who refuse to change characters
>>
>>339913880
That's what I mean. I just flit right through his shield and behind him, discord and fire away. It works far more often than it should.

>>339913935
Oh, yeah, only a bad Reinhardt would be seriously fucked by this, but even a good Reinhardt would be pressured if I did this when he was under sustained fire from my teammates already.
>>
>>339907889
Get a premade if your not satisfied otherwise fuck you and meta, people can play what they want
>>
>>339914036
well that would be fine if Rien doesn't have his shield up with some one behind him.
>>
>>339909484
Torb can kill Reaper at close range easily, it's fucking crazy
>>
File: 19deba88b16e2680262a3327811b7c5b.jpg (940 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
19deba88b16e2680262a3327811b7c5b.jpg
940 KB, 1200x1200
>throws 3 stars at your head
>dashes behind you
>fan of stars
>melee
Psh, you are only human, kid.
>>
File: 1433652075099.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1433652075099.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>it's a "Every one on your Defense team goes to the Attack team's gate area to harass them as you warn them not to do so, but one of the Attack team managed to slip by and started capping the point and as your team turns around to scramble back the defense point it was already too late and the rest of the Attack team just shoots them in the back" season
>>
>>339909484
>>339910761
>MFW we had a team with Trob and two Widowmaker on offense
>Teammates couldn't figure out why we lost...
>>
>>339914024
I was playing with a friend earlier and I had no choice but to play as either a tank or healer. Everyone else would just immediately lock in some shitty meme hero that hardly contributes to the team. We lost so many games because they just would not play any useful roles.
>>
>>339914115
Most of the time in pubs, you're only going to find a Mercy behind a Reinhardt. This isn't something I do in matches against good players, but it's fun getting away with goofy shit against bad teams.
>>
>>339910859
I swear, Symmetra was changed from Defender to Support because they didn't have enough Support characters
>>
>>339913965
I thought we were talking about teleporters.
>>
>>339907889
i want to marry mercy
>>
>>339914145
Every. Fucking. Game
>>
>>339914036
>but even a good Reinhardt would be pressured if I did this when he was under sustained fire from my teammates already.
A good Reinhardt would have his teammates behind him so if you stroll right behind him to put a discord on him you wouldn't make it a single foot before getting mowed down.
>>
File: poo just right.jpg (37 KB, 540x535) Image search: [Google]
poo just right.jpg
37 KB, 540x535
>tfw you get a quad kill as Symmetra by just holding down m1 and jumping around like a retard.
>>
>>339914259
you're supposed to protect the teleporters. I set at least 2 turrets up before placing it
>>
>>339913712
>>339913769
>assemble your team
>you wait a little to see what roles will be picked and pick yourself
>two Hanzos or Widow and Hanzo are immediately picked
>they refuse to change for some autistic reason
>only you left to choose
>tips: no support, no tank
>snipers spamming "wants to attack the objetive" while they are sucking their own dicks fuck knows where
>we lose

every fucking time
>>
>>339914024
I get annoyed when I have to change mine when I got a certain hero first.
76 some ass hole chooses him too, I switch then he switches, I switch back, he goes back to 76. Torb tho, in defence is fucking crazy if everyone chooses him.>>339914145
this, forever this...
>>
>>339914145
I feel like quitting everytime this happens on Volskaya, Hollywood, Route 66, Dorado or Numbani. For some reason, everyone always defends the first choke point properly on Hanamura and Anubis, though.
>>
>>339912320
fucking this. I cannot play this game solo queue anymore. I only play when my friends are online. fuck and even so the one random spot on our team is always a fucking retarded widow or genji whos entirely useless.
>>
File: 1449007264402.gif (64 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
1449007264402.gif
64 KB, 500x446
>It's an everyone else is playing Reaper, 76, and Genji episode so you
Why the fuck do people do this.
>>
File: 1445133820883.png (219 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1445133820883.png
219 KB, 500x400
>Route 66 on Attack
>we have a Torbjorn on our team and no one wants to be a tank
>we don't have a tank so the enemy doesn't have anything to focus/concentrate on
>yet we have a Tracer racing around sucking up all the fucking health packs and doing absolutely nothing to contribute to the advance
>McCree shuts me down every time I shield up as Reinhardt
>we literally cannot push the god damn payload
>WHY DO WE HAVE A TORBJORN ON ATTACK
>lol but there's a Mercy there get those heals girl you're totally contributing

These are the matches where I either try to test my aim or I outright leave. Fuck that noise. And fuck garbage Mercy players that can't figure out that the team is a sinking ship and doesn't switch heroes.
>>
>>339914339
>Protecting the teleporter on last point in Hollywood
lol
>>
File: 1418257478962.jpg (45 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1418257478962.jpg
45 KB, 450x450
>>339914346
I know this fucking feel too well.
>>
File: Symmetra POTG2 2.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Symmetra POTG2 2.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>339914329
Excellent
>>
>>339914391
>Be Mercy
>Notice that the team is complete trash
>Pick Genji and see how long I can survive on the back lines
>>
>>339914391
I like using Junkrat on defence, they all be coming around the mountain to get blowed up.
>>
>>339907889
>it's a "your teammates won't dodge hanzo's ult" episode.
Every time he shouts "Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!" and a pair of giant red dragons appear.
Why can't you fuckers just move out of the way?
>>
>>339914461
>not having that highlight where she creates a light spectrum and crushes it
what's the point?
>>
>It's a people complain about who the support is but don't play support themselves episode
>>
>implying zenyatta is bad
I literally just got the game and I've been destroying people with that absurd damage.
>>
>>339912634
My mic doesn't work ingame for some reason.
>>
someone convince me to buy overwatch
i kinda wanna healslut and that mercy imp skin looks neato
>>
>>339914461
Not religious and I poo in the lou but fuck I love that skin.
>>
>>339914525
most of the time I get caught up in it because I don't know which direction its coming from, and if I blindly try running away I end up running right into its path as it emerges through a wall
>>
>>339914583
>I just started the game in the lowest MMR bracket and I'm destroying everyone so this hero is good xDD
>>
>>339914612
heal slutting is the easiest job imaginable as Mercy

>find the tank (preferably reinhardt)
>sit behind him all day and heal him even when he doesn't need heals
>use your ult which charges at an unfairly retarded rate
>>
>>339914612
only buy it if you have friends who also have it or are willing to buy it. Its fun solo once in a while but shitty teammates get tiring
>>
>>339907889
>"we have no tanks and Zenyatta is the only support"
Then go tank?
You're part of the team too.
>>
>>339914689
>Preferably Reinhardt

And that's why you're a shitter because all the other tanks shit out more damage and you choose the worst one
>>
>>339914353
I can deal with Route 66 and Dorado since they are Payload maps. But yeah, it seems to happen like clockwork on large point capture maps like Numbani, Volskaya, and Hollywood.

Hanamura and Anubis is a different story since the first spawn point for the Attack team and the first Defense point are so close it doesn't take much effort to rush back to your defense point.
>>
File: Mercy.jpg (647 KB, 899x636) Image search: [Google]
Mercy.jpg
647 KB, 899x636
I want to impregnate Mercy
>>
>>339914742
yeah I hate it when people expect you to change to a different char when they are probably doubling as genji
>>
So when do we get Cross-Play?

I wanna play with friends but they all have the PC version. I just bought a laptop for video editing and shit but it's not good for gaming, and I'm sure as hell not gonna shell out another 500 or something to get a PC exclusively for gaming, and I'm not going cheaper because it won't be any better than PS4.

TLDR: When can PS4 play with PC I want to play with my bros
>>
>>339914704
oh
guess i will have to make some friends who wanna play
>>339914771
>not wanting to heal daddy reinhardt
>>
>>339914689
Mercy is actually one of the more complicated characters to play since you have to constantly keep track of enemy ultimates and positions as well as your own safety.
>>
>>339912567
>gaze into the jpg

zen's ult looks so awful jesus
>>
File: 1464489015192.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464489015192.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>339914860
I want Mercy to impregnate me!
>>
File: Boat screaming.webm (1 MB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
Boat screaming.webm
1 MB, 640x476
>>339914905
>Mercy
>Complicated

stop trying to justify your heal slutting.
>>
File: 1428897328284.png (239 KB, 1500x1233) Image search: [Google]
1428897328284.png
239 KB, 1500x1233
>It's a "Zenyatta that tried their best and honestly not a bad one, but can't really do shit in the end since they are fucking Zenyatta" episode
>>
>>339914998
>Ult someone
>The rest of your team dies

>Ult your team
>They get blown up

There's a reason why pros play bitch mode with Mercy and have her hide instead of be on the front lines.
>>
>It's a instalock hanzo player episode

Just fucking end it now desu senpai, I'm so sick of these fucking weaboos it hurts, just play Widowmaker and be infinitely more useful if you're going to be sniper scum.
>>
File: 1459708938059.png (2 MB, 1240x886) Image search: [Google]
1459708938059.png
2 MB, 1240x886
>>339908736
You will never experience the feeling of having everyone's life in your hands at that final push.
>>
>>339914629

Here's a tip: Where would you shoot the arrow?

Here's another tip: Use your goddamn ears
>>
>>339913243
Try mindlessly spamming rockets with Pharah and see how well you do.
>>
>>339914583
Surely people who are level 30 to 40 would know how to play right? Because that's who I keep getting matched against.
>>
File: bustin.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bustin.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>He hasn't seen the "everyone is Winston except for Lucio" episode
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>339911734
Really? I always play a tank(d.va) and see tanks pretty frequently. Starting to get pretty decent with her. Definitely not as bad as people say once you realize her thrusters push through Reinhardts shield and knock him back causing his shield to go out and her defense matrix is by far one of the better shields because it protects you and your teammates
>>
>genji
>hanzo
>reaper
>widow

Instant picked on an attack map

>begrudgingly pick Mercy
>other guy picks winston

Oh well.. maybe those other guys are good enough to warrant damage boosting

>genji runs away and gets killed constantly
>widow camps this one corner and nothing else
>hanzo just pops around that corner, fires an arrow blindly and takes a billion damage by the turret/bastion
>I never even saw the reaper other than in the "reaper got killed by X" messages

Then I said fuck it, just latched to the winston and followed him when he jumped forwards to the defending squishies. Turns out a damage boosted ape does a lot of damage.

We even managed to get the payload to the second to last checkpoint.

The Hanzo then said Winston and Mercy are horrible choices and we are responsible for that loss.
>>
>>339913303

Greetings from Québec, mainer.

Enjoy taking over the canadian maple syrup market in a couple of years.
>>
>>339911734

I play a lot of D.va.

Flying behind clueless idiots and getting free kills is fun.
>>
>>339915142

Ahahahahha. You think levels matter
>>
>It's a hero stacking episode

Might as well just fucking walk away when it's a Soldier 76 stack
Stacking is the most anti-fun shit
>>
>>339907889
I'm sorry you have only played with shit Zennys
>>
>the enemy is contesting the area
>we must stop them
>everyone is out but you is dancing out side the area line sniping
>lose the match
I swear I don't know why people play this game.
>>
Widowmaker's sniper rifle needs a small hit delay instead of being a fucking htiscan weapon y/n
>>
>>339907889
>it's a "we have no tanks and Zenyatta is the only support" episode
>he carries the team to victory
>>
>>339915142
you get exp regardless of terrible playing.
>>
>>339915142
anon
some people just never learn
like me
>tfw 500 hours in csgo but trash
>>
>>339915246

Six Winstons: Reaper
Six Mei: One bastion and fuck all else
Six Genji: Torbjorns
Six Torbjorns Reinheardts
Six Soldier 76: Leave game
>>
>>339911867
>Go Symmetra on attack
>during setup team shits on you
>Set up stealth portal
>Nobody uses it
>Lose
>They keep shitting on you
Playing attack Symmetra is suffering
>>
File: 1414260952996.gif (1 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1414260952996.gif
1 MB, 500x250
>>339915149
>He hasn't seen the "everyone is Lucio except for Winston" episode
>>
>>339914391
I usually try to fill a slot when a role is needed. Should I notice the team being a lost cause I just switch to Tracer and try to have fun.
>>
>>339915356
>Six Mei: One bastion and fuck all else
what are you implying here?
that wont work
>>
>>339910351
>filename
5 stars
>>
File: PSC1014_EK_032_WEB.jpg (111 KB, 1200x1660) Image search: [Google]
PSC1014_EK_032_WEB.jpg
111 KB, 1200x1660
>am only good with soldier
>always get golds in damage or kills
>try any other hero
>suck at it
>friends get mad that I suck when I'm trying to learn something new
>go back to soldier

It is suffering.
>>
>>339915263
She needs to not be able to full auto in Sniper mode.
Also global announcement for her ult to the enemy team. It would like to know I have 15 seconds where I can't flank worth a shit so don't bother. It feels terrible when I spend my time sneaking around the map to get to Widow only to watch the kill cam and she was just following me behind the walls the entire time. I will hear Reinhardt yell about his Ult even though I'm on the other side of the map the one true global ult doesn't give you any warning.
>>
>>339915547
>Also global announcement for her ult to the enemy team

There is. But it's whispered and french.

Ally widow ult: No one can hide from my sight
Enemy widow ult: Personne n'échappe à mon regard
>>
Why are so few people playing Soldier or Pharrah? They are literally the only characters worth damage boosting as Mercy, but no one ever borthers with them.
>>
>>339915380
>he didn't figure out the strategy of bunny-hopping in circles around the enemies while placing turrets on the ground
>>
>>339915508
I don't know why but I'm really good with Hanzo, Zarya and Pharah, but I can't play Soldier 76 for shit.

I don't think I've gotten a single gold medal with him.
>>
>>339915119
Lucio does the same thing but better.
>>
>>339911036

t. player who wont switch to winston from his mccree to kill the enemy snipers
>>
>>339915723
Treat him like a better, tanker, more mobile Widow.

Get behind the enemy team and pick off their Mercy's or DIE DIE DIE's. Easiest games of your life.
>>
>Mercy players trying to pretend they "begrudgingly" chose that role, despite the fact they suck at every other character
>>
You think about zenny the wrong way. mercy is just medic without uber, le happy nigra is scout with a constant medic taunt going on and a force of nature, zenny is a quick fix medic (read: battle medic) who can kritz at any time and can uber after a long charge

He may not seems like much danger and then you realize he has retarded dps and can heal people making him and ok roamer
>>
File: 1464853285944.jpg (169 KB, 927x843) Image search: [Google]
1464853285944.jpg
169 KB, 927x843
>Play with group of friends
>Really like playing Support
>We win because we aren't infighting about roles, even switch off when someone wants to roll Zenyatta or Lucio or we just blast through the game with two healers
>>
>switch to an offence class 3/4 through the game
>still get 4 gold medals for eliminations, objective kills, objective time and damage done even though people on my team were doing it all game
>>
>>339910640

Do you not find winning satifying?
>>
>>339915119
I do, the problem is everyone stops fucking pushing all of a sudden and stops firing.
>>
File: 1422077382990.jpg (99 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1422077382990.jpg
99 KB, 960x720
>>339915119
>Playing Zen on Hollywood as attackers
>Trying to push it to the end
>Enemy has two Bastions behind a Reinhardt shield, two Torbjorns and a Junkrat
>I start pushing the payload, team shows up
>Round goes into Overtime
>I use my ult
>Everyone leaves the payload to try and charge the Bastions and gets killed
>Stuck floating there with a couple seconds of invincibility left
>Reinhardt drops his shield and poses as the bastions kill me
>>
>>339907889
>talking shit about zenyatta
>>
>Tracer just annoys you at spawn cap not actually killing anything
Tracers are so fucking obnoxious holy shit
>>
>>339915834
What kills him for me is the lack of mobility. Sprint is only ever useful to run away or get the the point, it can't be used offensively as you can't shoot while you do it.

All the heroes I'm good at have at least some sort of mobility advantage, Hanzo, Genji, Pharah and Tracer. With those I find it extremely easy to stay alive and harass the enemy team. However, whenever I play Soldier 76 I get wrecked.
>>
>It's a "HELDEN STERBEN NICHT" every 15 seconds episode
>>
>>339915993
>play Mercy
>get flanked by a fucking reaper
>person who I am buffing is completely oblivious as always
>turn around and want to fly up to the widow to get away from DIE DIE DIE
>press shift
>fly backwards towards the person i was buffing

Anyone else got that problem?
>>
>>339915993
my life, people just rush over the payload like fucking retards
>>
>>339915884
Is this moba terminology?
>>
>>339914024
>it's a Double Tracer episode

On Defense she can be an irritating cunt. I'll give you that. But when we're pushing a payload you should motherfucking know better. You can't misdirect if everyone is looking in your general fucking direction and expecting you to come dashing in.
>>
>>339916040
that's the point. tracer is supposed to be a distraction so teammates can push forward easier
>>
>>339914391
>we have a Torbjorn on our team
Don't shit on Torb
2 rounds per sec.
pellets do 70 damage with 2x damage on headshot
shotgun does 60-150 depending on range, with 2x damage for headshot
he can through down a 28 dps turret whenever

Highly underrated
>>
>>339916259
>get Junkrat fuck up tracers day
>>
>>339916054
Honestly they should at least nerf her to the point where she has to finish her sentence to activate the ult
>>
>>339916146
There are hero-specific controls available in the settings (find the drop-down menu near the top-right), and you can disable that in the Mercy one. There's also an option to toggle your beams instead of having to hold.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-06-03_22-57-04-000.jpg (319 KB, 1780x1001) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-06-03_22-57-04-000.jpg
319 KB, 1780x1001
>Lets try to cheese it from the left
>Point A is done in seconds as the rest of the team join me while I'm still alive
>Lets ride that surprise, fly quickly from left again to point B
>Enemy team cant follow properly, 1:48 game
Thanks for the speed lucio, kek
>>
>>339916195
They are terms from the squad base meta series of first person doublejumping simulators
>>
>>339916328
>where she has to finish her sentence to activate the ult

I've killed her several times because the H was out of her lips and it still goes off.

Meanwhile pop anyone else during the first letter of their call out and they certainly don't get to continue.
>>
>>339916146
yeah its a mechanic so you can shift to any player you're connected to even when you're not looking at them but sometimes this can get in your way

you just have to stop boosting/healing for a second
>>
File: 1392952470124.gif (1 MB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
1392952470124.gif
1 MB, 200x163
>team too busy getting kills to bother with the payload
>i'm stuck as zenyatta or mercy and still manage to get 1m21s of capture time
>>
>>339916378
same here I don't know what that anon is talking about
>>
>>339914123
Genji players are such shit. Them and Hanzos I eat for breakfast as Mercy.
>>
>>339916259
>payload attack
>charge headon the enemy team as tracer, just to zip into a sideway to flank
>fully expect them to turn their attention at least a little towards the sideway
>nope, everyone still stares to the front and doesn't borther with me
>proceed to bomb the shit out of their bastion and kill their Mercy

This happens so often. People just forget about Tracer the instant they don't see her anymore.
>>
File: 1464973245171.jpg (703 KB, 901x750) Image search: [Google]
1464973245171.jpg
703 KB, 901x750
>mfw got POG with Zenyatta
>>
>>339916378
you can interupt it if you kill her right away it doesnt go through

and other many other heroes get refunds which is retarded in my opinion
>>
>>339916331
Really? Thanks mate, gotta look into that.
>>
>it's completely braindead taking a point while a zen is ulting
>everyone runs out of the ult and gets melted instead of staying in the sphere of anti-gunshot related deaths
>zen just spins in place waiting for death to come so he can just switch to McCree
>>
>>339916532
tfw I can't stop getting them for really shitty plays

Like, I head shot two people with orbs of destruction (missing half my shots) and I got POTG. Or I ult way too early and heal a measly 500 health. It's so fucking embarassing.
>>
>>339916532
>get potg with character that rarely is able to get it due to how the system is set up
>everyone still votes for your offense-type teammate's card because they had lots of eliminations
>>
File: srsly.jpg (55 KB, 303x247) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
55 KB, 303x247
>only level 16
>already getting 1-2 duplicates in lootboxes
>>
File: 1384582546448.jpg (70 KB, 641x1246) Image search: [Google]
1384582546448.jpg
70 KB, 641x1246
>Its a I'm playing Symmetra in defense with 20 elimination in 3 minute and people are asking me in the chat why I dont switch to healing episode
I feel like a damn spider when I play her, I love it.
>>
>>339916623
I got it by spamming right click and then kicking a Junkrat in the face
>>339916632
>Team doesn't thank their healer
I always get commends when i play Zenyatta
>>
>>339916146

You should be able to Guardian Angel to whoever you're looking at, regardless of who you're healing.

Look for Mercy's unique control option named "Guardian Angel prefers beam target" and set it to "Off".

Thank me later.
>>
File: 1398918829868.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1398918829868.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
>its a "mei blocks off your only escape route" episode
>>
File: 1464800671695.webm (2 MB, 960x508) Image search: [Google]
1464800671695.webm
2 MB, 960x508
>>339916623
Like seriously, stop giving me POTG for garbage like this, my friends keep giving me shit for my terrible aiming because of this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.