[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RTS Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: RTS_List_Updated.png (4 MB, 2192x3016) Image search: [Google]
RTS_List_Updated.png
4 MB, 2192x3016
What is your favourite RTS?
>>
>>339903525
I'm hoping DoW3 will be
>>
Dawn of war with all the expansions
Starcraft
Homeworld 1&2&cataclysm

Also, spellforce is really enjoyable and has a surprisingly engaging campaign for an rts
>>
It's a really old one called Seven Kingdoms 2, pretty neat mechanics
>>
>>339903525
Battle for Middle-Earth 2 with Rise of the Witch King.
Notably absent from the graph.
>>
>>339904078
>spellforce

>3 is going to be playable at E3.

Are you ready, anon?
>>
>>339903525
>can only enjoy shit that holds my hand like Planetary annihilation and SC2 because im shit at multitasking
life is suffering

also, where would stellaris fit in this list?
>>
>>>/m/14309222
>>
>>339904279
There is a shitton of RTS games missing in that chart, but iirc there was a version of it with BFME2 that was labeled as the black sheep of the series.

Games missing just to name a few:

Heroes of anihilated empires
Armies of exigo
Battlerealms
Paraworld
Dragonshard
Rising kingdoms
Spellforce 1&2

>>339904397
wat!!!

I only knew a bad quality video with gameplay of Spellforce 3, i didn't think they would actually do another one, the absolute madmen!!
>>
>>339904475
>also, where would stellaris fit in this list?

Add a leaf to Sins of a Solar Empire saying, "I want a slightly more traditional 4X."
>>
>>339903525
DoW
Warcraft III
Company of Heroes
>>
>>339904541
AFAIK they removed the 3rd person look altogether, though.

It is more like a deeper Warcraft 3 if I understand it correctly.
>>
Is there an RTS series revolving around magic battles? Would play.
>>
World in Conflict actually had pretty sick MP
>>
>>339904916
Define magic battles

>>339904891
eeeh, i'm not going to miss the 3rd person look at all, it was cute and everything but very impractical.

And yeah, hell, i see spellforce 2 as a game that handled better the rpg mechanics than Warcraft 3, although the factions felt really limited
>>
>>339903525
homeworld is still the best rts I've ever played

why is it so hard to make another 3D space strategy? Why is this never done? It should be standard.
>>
i don't know why but i can only see rts as a multiplayer only genre. thats why i consider starcraft 2 as best rts because it has the biggest player base in rts games
>>
>>339905698
AoE 2 HD is better in every way
>>
File: url.png (1 MB, 3384x1136) Image search: [Google]
url.png
1 MB, 3384x1136
>>339903525
>What is your favourite RTS?

Can't beat it. Still getting mods to this day.
>>
>>339905698
wtf are you smoking?

You do realize most of the beloved games in the genre have amazing SP stories and campaigns and that's why people loved them?

And that SC2 completely shit on the lore and story of brood war and that is why it is heavily criticized?
>>
Currently playing ashes of the singularity.

Good game and very active development. Will get some 4x elements soon-ish, so it will be like a mix of sins of a solar empire and total annihilation
>>
>>339905827
there are alot of rts games out there what do u think are they all made for multiplayer and competitive purposes or playing an rts for campaign is worth too ? rts games look amazing but that multiplayer Psyche of mine just repel me away
>>
>>339905698
>rts as a multiplayer only genre

So does a large amount of people, that's why we got into this shit of no games for 6 years and going.

It's basically analogous to the endless discussion about MP-only shooters for a full price.
Except RTS games can't even use progression bait to keep people playing their games, there's really only a single gameplay style that's taken seriously (so there can only be one game that's played at a time) and there's only one sure purchase in the form of SC2 whereas FPS games have CoD, BF, Overwatch and so on...
>>
>>339906140
so should i get some rts games for sp if yes what should i get for starters i only have played warcraft 3 and played that alot
>>
>>339903525
Never heard anything good about Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, or is it that the Clone Wars fixed everything?
>>
What about Mount & Blades? I know there's third or first person action but it's also grand campaign stuff and troop management in battle.
>>
That graph needs a section for the Kohan games, ie the lost masterpieces of RTS
>>
>>339906340
jesus fuck, i don't know where to even begin.

It depends a lot on what kind of setting do you want, want a good fantasy campaign? try armies of exigo, battlerealms, hell, even heroes of anihilated empires has a fun campaign

Want sci fi? give Homeworld 1, dawn of war 1 or 2, starcraft brood war or any of the C&C games a try.

Also, don't feel bad if you have to pirate some of these games, specially if they aren't aviable in digital distribution.
>>
>>339903525
how do i even play defcon, my brain has been melted from all these triple a games I don't know what to do
>>
E3 this year:
>Spellforce 3 playable at the floor.
>Halo Wars 2 playable at the floor.
>DoW3 gameplay footage shown, not playable.

Did I miss anything regarding RTS on this year's E3?
>>
File: 1337650417170.gif (1 MB, 209x180) Image search: [Google]
1337650417170.gif
1 MB, 209x180
>>339906607
thanks bro this thread have given me new horizons
>>
File: Star-Wars-RTS-Leaked-Footage.jpg (86 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-RTS-Leaked-Footage.jpg
86 KB, 1000x500
>Dawn of War 3
>Halo Wars 2
>The leaked unnanounced Star Wars RTS

what is with all this sci-fi shit recently?
>>
Anyone else think Age of Empires 1 has aged well? Recently went back and played the Rome campaign and had a lot of fun.

Obviously the AI is flawed and catapaults firing on their own and units in general running off and not standing still is a problem, but aside from that it's still pretty good.
>>
>>339906174
What I meant was that AoE 2 HD's MP is better than SC2 MP
>>
>>339906802
I'm so hpye for spellforce 3, hopefully after all this time the rts mechanics will be on par with the rpg mechanics

>>339906860
>that shitty looking mobile game sw rts

i don't know what to even think about that one
>>
>>339906802
Microsoft announced an RTS game as one of their big titles

of course anyone who is capable of producing one is going to try and cash in on the tidal wave that will come from this
>>
>>339906860
>what is with all this sci-fi shit recently?

Have you spent the last 6 years of your life in some cave or are you just this oblivious to Sci-fi being currently "in"?

>>339906893
On the contrary, I view AoE as one of those games which became unplayable as time went on similar to Dune 2.
And I played that game religiously as it was my first game ever and the only RTS for a while.
>>
Eufloria.
>>
>>339907032
So a AoE 1 HD Remake would be in order?
>>
>>339907032
Sci-Fi has not been "in", It's been a bunch of gay faggot near future shit because cawadooty devs wanted to use gadget wank as a selling point
>>
>>339906990
>of course anyone who is capable of producing one is going to try and cash in on the tidal wave that will come from this

>Halo Wars
>tidal wave

The game was a huge flop, anon.
Not because it was bad but it was partially unfinished and had no significant audience.

>>339907126
HD REMASTER 1440p Remake Ultra Super MEGA...

...are total cancer and you should know better as an AoE fan (getting fucked over 4 times by now, not counting the RoN fuck-up).

No. Leave the game as is. Make a new one.
>>
Starcraft
AoE2
Warcraft 3 (for the UMS games mostly)

The rest never even came close.
>>
>>339907318
They wouldn't have made a sequel if it flopped
>>
File: defcon_logo.jpg (54 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
defcon_logo.jpg
54 KB, 350x300
Why is DEFCON dead now :(

It and AoE2 are my favorite RTS.
>>
>>339903525
SC2
>>
...does nobody play Cross of Iron anymore?
>>
this chart is terrible and I wish people would stop reposting it

>dawn of war faster than warcraft 2
>recommending warcraft 1 and age of empires 1 as classics instead of starcraft and age of empires 2
>like half of the chart is rtt or 4x
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.