[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: submeme.jpg (140 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
submeme.jpg
140 KB, 460x215
is this game good
>>
Not in particular, but not terrible either.
>>
>>339902352
I've seen like 3 threads on this lately when no one ever talks about it.

Its unfinished but I like it, you can build really comfy bases and even go deep and use bio reactors/thermal energy/nuclear fuel rods and stuff.
>>
Last time I played was several months ago, had a lot of potential but needed a ton more content. No multiplayer as well.

Completely aces the atmosphere and setting though. Until you learn which creatures are dangerous and which you can ignore it's tense as fuck.
>>
I'm buying a new CPU, GPU and Motherboard to be able to play it.
>>
>>339902424
why so

>>339902521
It's had like 4 updates since?
>>
PLAY IT TO FIND OUT
>>
>>339902352
It is one of "the" vr headset experiences though, my god

the spoopy feels with vr when you live deep
>>
>>339902763
It's not demanding at all tho?

(surprisingly, cause its a pretty game)
>>
File: day-night sped up.webm (2 MB, 1106x622) Image search: [Google]
day-night sped up.webm
2 MB, 1106x622
It's getting there. A year ago the game was barebones. Now there's a lot to it but it still feels like it's missing vital pieces, like your crafting tree still jumps too far ahead with lots of middle of the road pieces not getting any use because the later game areas haven't been made yet. I have never needed to craft a seaglide because I just jump strait into making myself a submarine.

They're working on the 2 big late game areas right now so that'll probably mean they're finalizing the layout for all the materials then and focus on proper progression. If you want to play a complete feeling game, I'd wait til at least the Lost River is finished being made. They made this most recently monthly update really small because they're working full force on the lost river.
>>
>>339902521
>first time playing
>exploring grassy plains
>floating around 30m from bottom to avoid sharks and biters
>hear an ethereal scream right next to me
>look up into the tentacled asshole of a reefback
>immediately mash esc, close my eyes, jettison headphones, and take a half hour break
>come back and find out I met a massive sea sloth playing a rude prank
>read description and reason out that these things are probably eaten at liesure by reapers
>making a diver shit himself is probably the highlight of this thing's life
>it will look back on it and laugh to itself, alone, while it awaits its inevitable death
You deserved better, spooky squid bro.
>>
>>339902965
My Vram is like 0.5 GB
>>
Saw vinny stream it once, pretty cool game.
>>
No, and it'll likely get worse since Hugh (the guy that ran Natural Selection 2 into the ground) is still working on it.
>>
honestly only interested in multiplayer, which will only happen a while after it finally releases.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.