[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every day, it gets more and more obvious that the people shitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (14 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
14 KB, 298x169
Every day, it gets more and more obvious that the people shitting on this masterpiece have never played it.

02 better happen quickly!
>>
Is this the new nintendrone tactic?
>y-you don't like it because you've never played it!

I have played it. It's shit.
>>
>Yet another 64 rehash, second in the same generation
>Release it as full-priced game because it's nintendo
Wii U is fucking dead and zero is dogshit
>>
>>339901642
>Full price game.

Scratch this 'never played it.' It's worse than that... people can't even get simple facts right!

>>339901618
Nice try, Pretendo.
>>
File: NoepPZU.jpg (629 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
NoepPZU.jpg
629 KB, 2448x3264
>>339901642
>Yet another 64 rehash, second in the same generation

It really isn't, though. That's actually why people didn't like it. Because it WASN'T another Starfox 64. controls are completely different and they actually attempt to make the game challenging. There's also the new elements and mechanics they added as well.

2/10, apply yourself.
>>
>>339901642
While it's not a perfect game. It wasn't that bad. For me what killed it was it being short and only few real good levels like the dog fight vs 4 at the end
>>
I bought the game day 1. I think I've played it once; that day. Where I went through Story Mode (as there isn't really any fucking other modes).

It was OK. Some segments really killed the pacing, but others were super exciting. I'll probably play it again eventually, which I why I haven't just sold it yet.
Haven't tried Guard, but will have to see what that's all about sometime as well.
>>
It was entirely average, not worth full price in any way
Can't wait for the sequel though
>>
>>339901793
>It's got the same levels, story and enemies, b-but it's not a rehash guys!
Nintendrone logic
They added shitty controls and that's about it.
>>
>>339901480
Could have been good, if they just gave the option to control it like every other Star Fox game.
>>
It wasn't the motion controls alone that bothered me, it was the fact that I had to keep switching my attention between both screens that drove me up the wall.

Co-op mode, however, is ridiculously fun. One player handles the aiming with the gamepad, and the other flies with a separate controller, and the latter gets a weakened laser to fire too. It actually works a lot better than it sounds and since you only need to focus on one thing each it makes the game enjoyable.

Too bad you can't fucking play co-op on a stage you haven't beaten. Seriously, if you want to have any kind of fun with the game you have to play through a stage once with the shitty controls.
>>
When will the Platinum meme die? how many times do they have to fail?
>>
>>339902305
But then how will they stop everyone from eventually and probably soon emulating their games in better resolution and framerate on PC if they dont add a bunch of shitty control gimmicks that require hardware that would be next to impossible to get working with an emulator?
>>
Played it, bought it, had some fun with it but it is ruined by subpar level design and some shit vehicles and garbage controls.
>>
Nintendrone pls
>>
File: 2.jpg (160 KB, 1562x799) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
160 KB, 1562x799
>>339901480
You could tell they wanted to make it something better and were held back.

I would've been happy to play an on rails Area 6 style segment as Peppy or any other member of the Star Fox crew. Instead we get a shitty boss battle and meme dialogue.
>>
>>339901793
Good lord you guys are sad
>>
It has less actual stages than 64
>>
>>339901480
Lol "Masterpiece" 64 is better than it.

Sure, that way krystal will be in it.
>>
Nope, fuck the controls for this game. It makes me not want to replay through it.

Fuck this game. First buyers remorse of 2016.
>>
>>339901970
Play arcade mode, that's the 'real' mode of the game.
>>
>>339902390
>I'm so bad at the controls I play child mode

>>339902305
Gyro aiming is great anon, I don't get this meme.
>>
>>339904652
Oh shit, didn't even know that was a thing. I kinda went through regular mode like that (not changing off my course), but Arcade Mode sounds a lot more... Traditional. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks anon.
>>
>>339901768
>people can't even get simple facts right!
Technically it IS a $60 when you buy physically (Besides convenience, there is no reason to buy a Wii U game digitally when the Wii U has limited storage space and Nintendo doesn't even have your games tied to your account).
>>339901793
The game plays it WAY too safe when it comes to aesthetics/how it looks/story. It feels like an HD 64 3D, but with the two-screen/motion control stuff they shoehorned in.
>controls are completely different
I don't hate the controls, but they added gimmicks for the sake of making the Gamepad seem relevant.
>they actually attempt to make the game challenging
That's kinda vague. I don't remember anything being a challenge other than getting medals, which isn't necessary to complete the game.
>There's also the new elements and mechanics they added as well
Again, you didn't bother to explain.
What are you talking about? The Gyrowing?
>>
File: 1361045994747.jpg (41 KB, 600x501) Image search: [Google]
1361045994747.jpg
41 KB, 600x501
>>339904634
It's been my first buyers remorse from Nintendo since Skyward Sword. But damn if I didn't want a new Star Fox game...

FUCK YOU MIYAMOTO

WHY DO YOU RUIN OUR FAVORITE GAMES
>>
I didn't even play it but it's easy to tell OP is just an autistic troll.
>>
Why does it look like a Gamecube game, with those graphics they could at least use AA.
>>
>>339907940

because you don't remember what a Gamecube game looked like, you fucking cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjAom0YmnzI
>>
>>339907940
It looks more like a mobile game.
In other words, it looks like most of Nintendo's current games.
>>
>>339908642
What in the absolute fuck

That first mario game they showed, im guessing it was a mario gamecube game... but it had way better graphics than all those new shitty "super mario brothers" games for wii u

wtf
>>
File: Star Fox Zero Strider.png (2 MB, 1218x726) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero Strider.png
2 MB, 1218x726
>>339905389
>they added gimmicks for the sake of making the Gamepad seem relevant.

They didn't though, pretty much every new control element is justified in the gameplay and arguably the most gimmicky mechanics(Direct-i) is something that could have been done on the standard control. As early as the first level you're sharp shooting weak spots perpendicular to the flight of the ship on enemies in All-Range using the new control scheme, something that would be impossible with the old scheme.

All Range Mode not being filled with compromised design like all the other entries is not a gimmick, I think it's silly Zero's controls are being dismissed as one.
>>
File: Your Goggles, sir.png (129 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
Your Goggles, sir.png
129 KB, 400x293
>>339909064
>That first mario game they showed, im guessing it was a mario gamecube game... but it had way better graphics than all those new shitty "super mario brothers" games for wii u

So you'll inherently think the game looks better because it's on gamecube?

That is a New Super Mario Bros game and it's not on Gamecube. So you can go back to irrationally badmouting it based on the platform and the game title.
>>
>>339901480
If they removed the piece of shit Gyrowing and had more on-rails levels, it would be pretty much perfect. As it is now its about 7/10.
>>
>>339910149
i have a wii u and enjoy it about as much as i did my gamecube, i guess i just played an older one or something
>>
>>339908642
>because you don't remember what a Gamecube game looked like, you fucking cunt.
Zero still looks just a bit better than a Gamecube game only it's in higher resolution. It's literally a HD version of SF64.
>>
>>339901480
Weren't a shitload of used copies popping up on store shelves or something not too long ago?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.