[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so fucking good? What would make it better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 57
File: Terraria Cover Small.jpg (154 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Terraria Cover Small.jpg
154 KB, 1080x608
Why is this game so fucking good? What would make it better?
>>
>>339899872
A questing system and maybe a bit of story. Terraria is chock full of content and i love every bit of it. But if they can add a small story it'd be even better.
>>
A mod community adding in NPC's and other functionality left out from the game. Like better decoration potential, like placing a cooked meal on the table, for example.
>>
>>339899872
>Terraria is so successful that a spin-off and sequel is being made
>Starbound is still in beta
Kek, fuck Tiy he was a piece of shit anyway.
>>
>>339899872
Pretty fucking amazing game.
Things to fix:
1. Stopping the corruption/hollows from strangleholding the entire world

2. A better magic system
>>
>>339899872

Better explanation of the spread of corruption and ways of quarantining it other than just spray guns and separation of tiles.
>>
>>339900124
actually, a mod where you can set a village and train the npc villagers to help you (or follow you like minions) would be nice, they could have each their own stats and be randomly generated, they could also breed so their lineage increases and gets stronger, the more generations past, the stronger they get, and if an event like goblin invasion happens and you have weak villagers, they will all die and its a game over for you
>>
>>339900605
Well they added the clentaminator. The only way to stop it is you gotta do the work of purging every single block of corruption/hallow to pyrify the world
Also what's wrong with the magic system? Being a mage is fucking awesome.
>>
>>339900605
The gameplay overall could be more action-y.
>>
>>339900813
>The gameplay overall could be more action-y.
What
>>
>>339900813
What do you mean by this? You fight so much in terraria. There's plenty of action.
>>
>>339899872
More utility items like hooks, rod of discord, portal gun.

Maybe something that spawns a light box for a few seconds then disappears, something that turns the player to a "ghost form" and dashes that allows him to pass through small walls.

More dangerous zones like the temple, some parts of hell.

More sky areas, maybe even a whole sky world/planet for top tier hardcore mode play.

More varity in melee weapons, with tanking being a viable strategy without focusing on potiion spam.

There's probably more but these are, for me, the most glaring
>>
>>339900605
The corruption/hollow system is pretty easy to manipulate but I guess you need to know how they work to be able to contain them properly.

There's various items that help you prevent contamination in the biomes but you know, stopping the hallow/corruption is the grand quest of the game and there should be a reward for it.

>Better magic system
The fuck, it's amazing and pretty strong.
>>
>>339900787
I'd like to have both hallow and corruption in my world without them spreading a shitload, there should be an event in game which enables you to send them back to their default seed.

The magic itself is pretty cool however I'd like it better if magic was horizontally scaled rather than some magic being essentially unusable later in the game.
>>
>>339901032
Playing mage in terraria is the most satisfying thing ever. Just wish thry added more spells to make you feel like a mage like a blink spell to make you dodge melee and projectile attacks.
>>
>>339899872
Sex mods
>>
>>339901016
>More utility items like hooks, rod of discord, portal gun.
There's already like 30 hooks plus wings, hoverboards, jetpacks, fins, etc.
>Maybe something that spawns a light box for a few seconds then disappears, something that turns the player to a "ghost form" and dashes that allows him to pass through small walls.
There's like 3 or 4 light emitting summons, there's items that make you dash and passing through walls seems kind of pointless in a mining game.
>More dangerous zones like the temple, some parts of hell.
I agree, I was honestly expecting the space biome in the lunar update. Hopefully we get it in a future patch.
>More sky areas, maybe even a whole sky world/planet for top tier hardcore mode play.
Above.
>More varity in melee weapons, with tanking being a viable strategy without focusing on potiion spam.
I thought melee had the most weapons with flails, lances, swords, maces, axes, etc and being a tank is pretty much the best class you can roll if you are playing with friends since they get to have pretty god life steal, deal a fuckton of damage and also take a fuckton of damage.
>There's probably more but these are, for me, the most glaring
>>
>>339901124
Well if you wanna wall off a biome so it wont spread have a giant pillar of mud streching from the surface all the way doen to hell. Also check your map if you break demon alters because random corruption/crimson blocks will spawn. It would be nice to have all the magic items buffed to be used even in late endgame like crystal storm can be evolved into crystal maelstrom that can be used to take on moonlord.
>>
>>339901401
Wait people actually play as a warrior for hardmode? How? You get fucking eviscerated even while wearing beetle/tortise armor...also how can you get to attacking distance without taking some nasty damage? I've always been a ranger and mage with a sword if I don't wanna waste the ammo or potion on one guy.
>>
>>339901175
Like the rod of discord or the Titanium armor passive?

What I wish it had was channeling spells and special attacks, not just LMB. You know make it more RPG like with stuff like stuns, snares, paralysis, several debuffs, not just ichor or ON FIRE and variations.

Plus a more solid distinction between "classes".

I mean the game is pretty good until moonlord and if you are a new player that can take up to a 100 hours, not to mention cheevo whoring takes the game to the 200s but then, bosses like plantera or the moonlord itself are not skill based bosses, you either fagthrone them or find a way to cheese them.
>>
>>339901401
It's kind of obvious i met more types. Wings = hoverboards = jetpacks and the hooks are pretty much all the same, maybe with some gimmics.

Light box to block things, like enemies can't pass through it and I hope you're joking about passing through walls being pointless in a mining game, especially a 2d one.

Melee all feels the same, different weapons that all work the same don't feel different. A rapier that attacks normall but can extend or a whip that can pull in enemies, a sword that when it hits makes a little splash (like dumping a bucket of water) of damaging poison against enemies, etc. Against magic it doesn't feel active enough where as a mage you are going through several spells a fight and adapting.

I usually mix ranger with summon so I never feel too lacking there, but I'm sure someone who play sit more probably feels bored
>>
Steal shit from Starbound

>Villagers/Bases
>Crops and cooking
>More furniture/vanities
>Races/species
>>
>>339901603
It's easy you git gud.

No but in reality, you don't accesorize like a mage or a ranger with a warrior. You go for crits and attack speed if you are DPS or tanky if you go, well, as a tank.

You learn to use knockback and positioning.

Melee has the strongest weapons in game too, like Flairon or the Fetid Bangarangs.
Speaking of Bangarangs, those get to 9kDMG/s pre Plantera. Go figure :^)
>>
>>339901719
Would be nice to have magic attacks that arent just projectile based. But how would channeling even work? Can't stay in one place as a mage especially when dealing with bosses.
>>
>>339900605
I generally just let the Hallow take over and strangle out corruption as much as possible
>>
As a big minecraft fan who is a bit disillusioned with the game, will Terraria satisfy my autism?
>>
>>339900752
>NPCs with full gear and accessory slots

>>339900901
>>339901015
The combat depth.
>>
>>339901926
See those weapons rely on projectile attacks meaning you actually have to dodge. You can only tank in terraria for about two or three hits before your health is dropped to 100. You need to keep moving even as a warrior. Ehich sucks because arent they suppose to be the in your face character that gives no fucks?
>>
>>339901854
and the instruments
>>
>>339899872
Combat that isn't "Enemies run into you"
>>
File: +RIP AND TEAR.png (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
+RIP AND TEAR.png
14 KB, 225x225
I have 1000+ hours in this game
My only complaint is not enough content, even though there's so much, easily 70+ hours in each playthrough
I have all these amazing weapons and shit, but I need more
I need more flesh to rend, more batshit crazy bosses to kill, I need more, I'm never sated
>tfw no ultra hardmode after killing moonman with like double the content and bosses of normal hardmode
>>
>>339901854
This is some shit bait because Terraria had the fyrnityre, housing and other races first (Goblins, demons, Skeletons and Dryad)
>>
>>339901854
Starbound should steal shit from Terraria

>Good Bosses
>Interesting items
>Better NPCs
>Actually cool mobs
>>
>>339901785
>Light box to block things, like enemies can't pass through it
Like the Ice rod then?
>I hope you're joking about passing through walls being pointless in a mining game
Well the rod of discord can be obtained very early into hard mode, if you wanted to blink so bad you'd get it.
>Melee all feels the same
The same can be said about mages which are the ones with the more varied combat type.
Melee can't face-tank all the enemies what you want is to keep them away as much as possible while still doing damage, and the problem against Mage vs Melee is that mages require to go through 2-3 spells in each fight to maximize their damage, whereas warriors usually just have a close range and mid range weapons both of which can be really fucking varied unlike mages and their obligatory ichor/razorpine.

I played all classes, both hybrid and pure and I have to say ranger is the shittiest of them all.
>>
>>339902082
>>NPCs with full gear and accessory slots
>clothes mod
>higher resolution mod/higher resolution NPC's
>bunny suit nurse
>>
>>339902046
It's not that much like minecraft, you're always working towards the next objective instead of just expanding your house and mining.
>>
File: 1462878744507.jpg (13 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1462878744507.jpg
13 KB, 184x184
>>339901309
>mfw you'll never romance the dryad to get that stupid nigger arms dealer triggered
>>
>>339901854
when is that coming out anyway? is it vaporware?
>>
>>339899872
Make it 3D and it will surpass Minecraft
>>
>>339901719
Plantera is pretty skill-based. Moon Lord sure as fuck isn't.

Also, fagthroning doesn't exist anymore. They decided to give Moon Lord his own invincibility timer so that he hits through iframes gained from taking lava/spike damage.
>>
File: Fetid_Baghnakhs_Animated.gif (233 KB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
Fetid_Baghnakhs_Animated.gif
233 KB, 180x230
>>339902117
>Those weapons rely on projectile
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>339902354
>you'll never get fucked in the ass by the dryad and her big, fat brown futa cock
>>
>>339902082
>npc with full gear
fuck yes, i can finally have my own npc waifu wearing spectre armor
>>
>>339902315
Not him but Rod of Discord is NOT that easy to get. The drop rate is too low and even farming for it took me an hour and a half. Plus the debff it hives is stupid because it breaks my immersion of being a mage.
I can't fight like Lunatic cultist with it.
>>
>>339901032
>The corruption/hollow system is pretty easy to manipulate but I guess you need to know how they work to be able to contain them properly.
Being easy to manipulate isn't the issue. It's the fact that it's also easy for your work to be wrecked when breaking altars.

But like the other Anon said, clentaminator being added helped. Plus I never really play worlds long enough for it to be an issue personally, especially since I always play on large worlds, but I can see how it would get annoying for others.
>>
>>339902337
That sounds pretty good. Are the building elements extensive? Is there a point to having a nice base or does a commie block work just as well?
>>
>>339902046
You will like it, but maybe you won't feel as welcomed because Terraria is much harder.
>>
>>339902504
A commie block wall CAN work just like it can in most every game ever, but there are systems in place to make things more efficient or just straight up more beautiful to play in and look at.

Obviously if you want a home that doesn't feel very "Homey" you can make a square house, with more square rooms in it for your NPC's, but the absolute sheer level of content in terms of furniture and blocks, far surpasses that in minecraft in terms of "eye catching".
>>
>>339902480
Why do you need it to fight the lunatic cultist? You need the UFO for that...
However you really do need it to fight Moon Lord, specially in solo expert.
>>
>>339902448
>flairon, Bangarangs, Terra blade, Spooky sythe, horsemans blade and Meowmere don't rely on projectiles
What?
>>
>>339899872
games needs some more spice of life things
>>
File: 1438734015608.gif (498 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438734015608.gif
498 KB, 500x500
>>339902117
if you get solar armor or beetle/turtle armor with warding accessories you can face tank everything in the game other than the obligatory crawlipede and moon lord hits

bonus points if you have vampire knives or some other sort of regen like honey pool with campfires.

even then with palladium or titanium you can last a good while tanking hits as long as you aren't stupid.
>>
>>339902661
No I'm talking about just teleporting around and shooting magics out like a real mage.
I fought him witth spooky wings, hook, abd quick movements. No cheese involved.
>>
>>339902668
>FETID BANGARANGS
Stop moving the goalposts faggot.
Flairon is a mid range weapon but any warrior worth its salt has the fetid bangarangs as their primary DPS source which is one of the shortest range weapons in the game and it requires good positioning and abusing the knockback which, let me tell you, is not that much.
>>
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1242x1856) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1242x1856
>New update comes out
>Spend 100+ hours on it
>Drop for months
>New update comes out
>Process repeats

This game goes between the most entertaining thing I've ever played to the most boring thing I've ever touched for me.

Not playing again until another major content update so never.
>>
>>339902395
It's out, it's just shit
>>
The combat for sure needs fixed. My buddy and I did a hardcore playthrough from the start and with him as a mage and me as a shoot shoot guy we couldn't kill moonman without cheesing
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity4.jpg (570 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity4.jpg
570 KB, 1680x1050
This game even lets me choose the impossible
>>
I didn't play in a long time but:
The huge power level gap was my first issue, I don't know if this was rebalanced but you could really feel it. This is personal taste I guess.

Second is it feels lonely. I'd like some villages popping out randomly, be they hostile or friendly. Maybe goblin settlement chugging out a raiding party that attacks your settlement from time to time until you destroy it. Or a necromancer raising even more zombies.
>>
File: 1464892469055.png (473 KB, 1008x1632) Image search: [Google]
1464892469055.png
473 KB, 1008x1632
I tried Terraria before but I was just shit at it.

How do I git gud enough so that I can build like this and not suck ass at combat?
>>
>3D
>>
>>339902792
I don't think mounts count as cheesing, specially with high mobility, high damage enemies like the Cultist. And well, for a rod that teleports you instantly, for no mana to have no drawback it's pretty OP.
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity3.jpg (583 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity3.jpg
583 KB, 1680x1050
>>
Would you?
>>
>>339902950
i would rather be the one tied up and abused
>>
>>339902950
You fucking know it
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity5.jpg (426 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity5.jpg
426 KB, 1680x1050
>>
>>339902819
how do you fuck this up?

take terraria, clone it, add lots more items, vague story and quests, space and space ships, and more shit in general.

what happened?
>>
>>339902416
I don't think it'd work in 3D. 2D games work fine in 2D.

>>339902459
why do you do this to me
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity6.jpg (349 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity6.jpg
349 KB, 1680x1050
>>
File: 1389302177766.gif (109 KB, 205x260) Image search: [Google]
1389302177766.gif
109 KB, 205x260
>>339902910
i can only imagine a 3d terraria
>>
>>339902491
>Being easy to manipulate isn't the issue. It's the fact that it's also easy for your work to be wrecked when breaking altars.
No... because it's easy to manipulate.
When you are going to start breaking altars you need to take counter measures like isolating the corrupted parts of your world. and get the clemtaminator ASAP. Besides, it's important to have all 3 biomes in your world, since you never know when you are going to need something.
>>
>>339903001
>>339902928
>you will never build like this
Why even play?
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity.jpg (193 KB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity.jpg
193 KB, 1280x859
>>
>>339902925
Infinite flight with the UFO or pigron counts as cheesing anon. You fight the boss like a fucking man and with no arena too.>>339902812
No need to be so hostile but most of the endgame hardmode weapons have projectiles you can't tell me the fucking fetid Bangarangs can carry you through the seasonal event waves or bosses like plantera.
>>
>>339903057
>no interesting monsters
>bosses are shit
>progression is shit
>planets are all boring
>>
File: 1463788430762.gif (3 MB, 241x176) Image search: [Google]
1463788430762.gif
3 MB, 241x176
Give the cultist some actual drops aside from his clothes. His attacks could make for some really neat spells and summons
>>
>>339902928
Psst, hey, kid

Would you kindly let me into your city

I promise I won't cheat my way to the top I swear on my dear family
>>
>>339902747
These Anons don't play warrior, they think they die in 3-4 hits like mages or rangers.
Hell, I'm not even sure they play expert.
>>
File: terrariaseabase.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
terrariaseabase.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1017
>>
>>339903064
>I don't think it'd work in 3D. 2D games work fine in 2D.
That's not a follow-up argument.
>>
>>339903064
Do what to you? What's wrong with wanting the Dryad to restrain you with her plants while she undresses and slowly inches her fat cock into your hole? And the entire time you're unable to even struggle against her advances, I honestly don't see the problem with this.
>>
>>339903182
Poor choice of building materials but that's cool
>>
>>339899872
Shitload of content and good mods with continual updates. I'm kinda over it now, got about 820 hours, had lots of fun. I'm ready for otherworld and Terraria 2.
>>
>>339903057
le randumb generation xDD and poop monsturs LOOOL happened

Not to mention that top mods are sex mods. Sex mods in a pixel game, I'll never understand these furfuck degenerates.
>>
>>339903275
stop posting
>>
File: terrariaseabase2.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
terrariaseabase2.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1017
>>
>>339903198
is there at least going to be a terraria 2?
>>
>>339903216
>being able to make clone shadows of yourself and summon that ice dragon to be tbe ultimate wizard
All of my yes.>>339902950
>No steampunk
What a shit.
>>
>>339903191
actually fetid bangarangs can do plantera on both expert and normal pretty easily with the melee tank/dps setup.

you kill it before it can even fully drain your hp face tanking it.
>>
>>339903191
>No need to be so hostile but most of the endgame hardmode weapons have projectiles you can't tell me the fucking fetid Bangarangs can carry you through the seasonal event waves or bosses like plantera
Yes, they do. That's exactly what I've been telling you this whole time
9000 DAMAGE PER SECOND AVERAGE KNOCKBACK. PISS ON THEM AND GET TO 12000 DAMAGE PER SECOND.
>>
>>339903313
You can't just throw words together like that and hope they form something comprehensible, anon.
>>
>>339902209
>Ultra Hardmode
Holy shit I didn't know how much I want this until now. I don't care if they rehashed Hardmode bosses because it would only add to all the new unique bosses and possibly biomes to come from the new difficulty spike. That would be a lot of content to add, but it would mean more shotguns for me.
>>
>>339903345
I doubt anyone has ever fapped to starbound.
>>
is there a terraria /v/ server?
>>
File: 1464648017766.jpg (8 KB, 176x137) Image search: [Google]
1464648017766.jpg
8 KB, 176x137
>>339903275
>>
>>339903191
>Infinite flight is cheesing against a boss that has infinite flight
Ok.
Do you even play on expert?
>>
>>339899872
>What could make it better

End game multiplayer content.
>>
>>339903479
every time there is it breaks out into explosive fights or dies the next day
>>
>>339903464
Somebody post bird tits.

Also, growing up on pixels does things to your sexuality.
>>
File: 1462668985395.gif (533 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
1462668985395.gif
533 KB, 500x309
>>339903523
>pvp fag
>>
>>339900813

Literally every single living thing tries to kill you (excluding critters)
>>
Does terraria have an ending or can you always keep building? Is building largely redundant fallout 4 settlement style?
>>
>>339903627
you kill moon lord then nothing happens and you can keep building or do moon lord again if you want more loot from it.
>>
>>339903602
>PvP

Who said PvP? I said multiplayer.
>>
>>339902874
Man, I'm sure someone could make the Steven Universe gem architecture in Terraria. That'd be so cool.
>>339902950
Yeah galo sengen
>>
>>339903515
Only with Twins, Skeletron prime, Fishhron and Moonlord do you need flight mount. All other bosses you fight like a man. Even in Hardmode.
>>
>>339903627
Don't you dare compare those two
>>
File: starboundunderwater2.jpg (632 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
starboundunderwater2.jpg
632 KB, 2880x1800
>>339903350

Ok, I'll post Starbound instead
>>
>>339903627
Building lets more NPCs move in, which are all useful in one way or another. There's like 21 of em so get building, unless you're a filthy commie bloc user
>>
>>339902197
Have you seen any gameplay that isnt from 2012? A lot of enemies do not do that.
>>
File: starboundunderwater.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1017) Image search: [Google]
starboundunderwater.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1017
>>
File: 1463033862225.jpg (87 KB, 1000x526) Image search: [Google]
1463033862225.jpg
87 KB, 1000x526
>>339903719
Shit game
Dead game
Post Terraria instead
>>
>>339902209
Install a mod.
>>
File: 1421546919760.png (328 KB, 700x498) Image search: [Google]
1421546919760.png
328 KB, 700x498
>>339903710
you can fight twins and skeletron prime on the ground

hell if you want to take it further you can just use cannons from the pirate npc
>>
File: starboundcolonysmall.png (357 KB, 1340x266) Image search: [Google]
starboundcolonysmall.png
357 KB, 1340x266
>>
>>339903464
You'd be surprised
I used to write smutty fapfiction back when /sbg/ was a thing
I stopped once the game came out though
>>
>>339899872
>What would make it better?
If you didn't skip half the equip and weapon sets at the time you obtain them cause they suck by then.
>>
>>339903847
That's what we need right there: 2huria
>>
>>339903710
Hardmode is not expert.
By your logic building an arena also counts as cheesing.
>>
>>339903891
How about a Terraria fapfic?
>>
File: terrariafloatingisland.jpg (4 MB, 6528x4364) Image search: [Google]
terrariafloatingisland.jpg
4 MB, 6528x4364
>>339903804
>>
The game was boring as fuck and lacks content
I didn't even bother to play after the first night because the game bored me to death
I wish there was a refund button back then
>>
>>339903875
Does anyone above the age 10 even play that game? It doesn't have any gameplay afaik.
You just get 10 million things to customize your base....great. Might as well start paint or play minecraft.
>>
>>339903804
>200 HP
>Silver armor
>Trident
That kid is going to die.
>>
>>339903920
Woops I meant to say Expert mode. Shit gets mixed up. Anyway fighting in an arena is easy mode. The real challenge is managing your flight and dodge skills with wings.
>>
>>339900418
Relax you ungrateful piece of garbage. You simply do not understand how much time it takes to redo the combat and progression systems for the 74th time.

You think spending time making the game that was outlined is time better spent than working on placeholder systems for no reason? What a moran.
>>
File: terrariaunderwaterbase.png (164 KB, 1254x964) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderwaterbase.png
164 KB, 1254x964
>>
>>339904001
Coolest post so far. Is that thin on the left a mod thing?
>>
File: oh boy.gif (301 KB, 298x230) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.gif
301 KB, 298x230
>>339904041
Good bait. I laughed.
>>
I keep getting my shit kicked in whenever I go underground or to a different biome.

Should I quit?
>>
File: terrariaunderseacity2.jpg (712 KB, 3563x3706) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderseacity2.jpg
712 KB, 3563x3706
>>
File: 1464900120842.png (237 KB, 616x480) Image search: [Google]
1464900120842.png
237 KB, 616x480
>>339904041
>I quit ten minutes in
>it doesn't have enough content
I hope you're not being serious
>>
>>339904085
Kek, fuck off Tiy. Your horrible parasite is nothing but a spec underneath a shadow of a giant.
>>
>>339902910
2.5D
>>
>>339904157
git gud
>>
>>339904157
get better weapons and armor and use blocks to block in npcs you dont feel you can fight.
>>
File: Smug mom.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Smug mom.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>339904067
T. Anon who has yet to fight Plantera on expert without building an arena.
>>
File: terrariaunderwaterbase2.png (194 KB, 1365x700) Image search: [Google]
terrariaunderwaterbase2.png
194 KB, 1365x700
>>339904137

No clue. I assume so. Looks like a dimensional portal of some sort. I imagine that's how you get up to the island from ground level. I know I use nether portals to access my sky bases in Minecraft.
>>
File: Breaking News.gif (2 MB, 211x213) Image search: [Google]
Breaking News.gif
2 MB, 211x213
>>339903081
>Dishonored + Quake + Minecraft
>>
>>339903976
Nah, what would be the point, there's not much exotic about it sexually
>>
>>339904157
Start by upgrading your weapons and armor. If something looks big and scary best not fight it unless you think you have the proper gear to kil it. Like granite golems and the fucking javelin throwers.
>>
>>339904296
>Hexen + Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>339904320
Starbound isn't exotic either, it's just furshit.
>>
Melee need to stop being a meme.
Also
>Yoyos
>>
>>339903081
>walk into crimson
>big ass flesh spiders burst forth from the darkness
I am having zero percent of that
3D terraria would honestly be the scariest game I could think of
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (78 KB, 630x623) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
78 KB, 630x623
>>339904426
>>Yoyos
NOW THAT'S THE REAL MELEE
>>
File: shrug.gif (1 MB, 256x229) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
1 MB, 256x229
>>339904402
I was going to mention Hexen but nobody here talks about it
>>
File: mechanic.jpg (343 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mechanic.jpg
343 KB, 800x800
Mechanic is best waifu
>>
>>339904320
Dryad
Thousands of animals to sex up female character
Literal dungeons involving rape potentially
Medusa
Lost girl (nymph)
Boss tentacle sex
Female npcs that aren't dryad
>>
>>339904249
Nah I rekt Plantera with golden shower, frost armor, Crystal storm and magic harp with Harpy wings, mana flower, mage emblem, philosophers stone and magic cuffs all forged with menacing. I'll admit I had to use am arena for the first couple of fighys but soon I tried it with natural jungle cave and I was fucking savage.
>>
>>339904467
>Walk into a crimson cavern
>Giant monsters with faces as big as their bodies, spiders made out of flesh and gore slimes all rush and try to kill you
>You just started the game

If you die in the game YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE
>>
>>339904467
>Flare gun
>Shooting lights EVERYWHERE
>No such thing as darkness

Wall of Flesh in first person
Spider nests
>>
Everything is there to make Starbound an amazing game, for some retarded reason they think that random gen is the way to go.

How to fix Starbound:
>Limit travel to the starting star system, limit the scope of the game so it's actually fun rather than a technical achievement.
>Don't focus on random mob and weapon generation until after you've made awesome mobs and weapons, build the generation around those.
>Make the bosses not shit

If you really want to keep travel, limit it until after defeating all easy mode bosses. Why cut out one of the coolest components (ie base building) as a necessary part of the game? Sure you can do it but there is no reason to.
>>
File: Agitation.gif (210 KB, 325x256) Image search: [Google]
Agitation.gif
210 KB, 325x256
>>339904625
>Spider nests

FUCK those.
>>
>>339904625
>Black refuses crawling towards you in 3d
>uninstall.jpg
>>
>>339899872
Improve the combat system. At its core, it's extremely simplistic. Even after you get all the fancy toys and you're fighting up against the Moon Lord, a lot of it is the same running left and right, maybe jumping here and there.

The game also needs to have better building systems to prevent cheesing the entire game. You go and play online and so few people actually build anything interested. Extremely basic commieboxes to create the absolute bare minimum required for a NPC to move in and arenas specially crafted to get around a boss encounter with almost no harm are way too common. It goes beyond "well that's just one way you can play the game" to "important exploits the developers should have been tackling since the game has been in full release for 5 years."

Other than that, it's great.
>>
File: 1460867972512.gif (412 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
1460867972512.gif
412 KB, 590x590
Anyone here play that Red Cloud mod? That shit was baller
>>
File: smug mom (2).jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smug mom (2).jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>339904573
t. Normalmode anon.
>>
File: 1464413366748.jpg (146 KB, 375x550) Image search: [Google]
1464413366748.jpg
146 KB, 375x550
>>339904467
>"you feel a evil presence watching you..."
>>
File: 1459796706824.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1459796706824.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>>339904625
>spider nests
>>
>>339904625
>encountering Medusa
>with vr headset
>>
File: community_image_1402940267.png (406 KB, 963x1024) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1402940267.png
406 KB, 963x1024
>>339904553
No!

The Twins are best waifu
>>
File: 1463795902428.jpg (40 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463795902428.jpg
40 KB, 500x281
>tfw you can't stop playing hardcore expert
I keep getting to world eaters and getting fucked
>>
File: Agitated Skeleton.png (133 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
Agitated Skeleton.png
133 KB, 500x526
>>339904809
>>339904721
>>
I see people ITT talking about how terraria is about progression rather than just mining or building. What if mining and building is what I really love doing? Is it viable to still be making some progress if I spend my first 20+ hours just building, mining and farming in a relatively small area?
>>
>>339904824
>VR
>Cute naked teen in a cave
>awww yeeeeeeah
>YOU GET JUMPSCARED
>>
>>339904779
Oh please enlighten me how you beat plantera on expert mod t.weeaboo
>Ranger and summoner will be disregarded
>>
>>339904872
Dodging the eater is a piece of cake if you have the mini map up, shows where the head is at all times
>>
>>339904291
>>339904137
I think it's just a couple of walls and one of the paints painted on. Starlit Heaven I believe
>>
File: 1463354641323.png (137 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1463354641323.png
137 KB, 623x527
>>339904910
>>
>>339903087
>Hallow or corruption can spawn literally anywhere in your world
>This somehow isn't an issue
>>
>>339904912
A lot of the progression revolves around exploration, but building is absolutely something you can spend time doing
>>
File: DOOMed.gif (236 KB, 380x201) Image search: [Google]
DOOMed.gif
236 KB, 380x201
>>339904989
>>
>>339904929
You face tank it like a man hurrrrr
No, really, as a warrior you out DPS it.

As a mage you need an arena
As a Ranger you need an arena
As a Summoner you need an arena.

No matter how you cut it, in expert you need an arena to kill all the bosses unless you are a warrior.
>>
>>339904912
People already said that it'should not the focus, but you can do it, with little reward
>>
File: 1463258067493.gif (415 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
1463258067493.gif
415 KB, 488x519
>>339905072
>>
>>339905028
>Corruption doesn't spread until hard mode
>Not isolating the areas as soon as you find them
You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>339905028
People complain about this? It was added to make you rethink smashing a bunch of demon alters to get easy ore. Sure it's one or two blocks but when you don't pay attention half the entire underground is being buttfucked by corruption/hallow.
>>
>>339905028
It literally can't, dumbass
>>
>>339904976
But the tracks fucking fade into it
>>
File: Unkillable Meme Demon.png (293 KB, 531x229) Image search: [Google]
Unkillable Meme Demon.png
293 KB, 531x229
>>339905142
>>
>>339905092
>Not dodging gracefully as a mage
Sure you need an arena but you can eradicate the bosses realitively easy as a mage.
>>
>>339905172
Sure, let me just explore literally a billion squares of my large world for the 3x3 block that's spreading to corrupt the rest of the world.

Not all of us use those world viewers that let us see the entire map at once, you know.
>>
>>339904912
The main point of the game is to defeat the next boss to unlock better gear and with better gear you get better building materials.
This is not like minecraft you'll reach a wall where you can't mine anything unless you have the proper gear which, most of the time, comes from bosses.
>>
>>339905181
once i made the ultimate biome which was corruption, crimson, hallow, underground, granite, marble, ice and jungle all in one central area

it was a clusterfuck of various mobs and was a fun fight whenever i went down there
>>
>>339904912
It's not as much something that takes up your time because you definitely need the stuff you find while mining to progress, but the power creep of a good base in Terraria stops pretty quickly. I personally hate it because you can spend hours creating an amazing fortress that's wired up in every way to not only make it a comfy place to be, but a deadly one to any mobs that fall into your traps, but you don't really need a base as much as you just a small hut to store your gear.
>>
>>339905290
>Sure you need an arena
Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
File: 1463724855067.gif (2 MB, 400x188) Image search: [Google]
1463724855067.gif
2 MB, 400x188
>>339905274
okay enough doomposting
>>
>>339905292
>Complains about corruption/hallow
>Complains when the solution to the game's GRAND QUEST is EFFORT
Hallow always starts on the top of the world, you can dig down from it and isolate the area until you are ready to purify it.

Not to mention
>Playing on large worlds Solo
You have no one to blame but yourself
>>
>>339905292
Are you retarded? It spawns as a biome not a 3x3 square
>>
>>339899872
A server list so you can actually find servers and play with people.
>>
>>339899872
a tank or a chopper, like an apache
>>
>>339905614
TERRARIA DOESN'T HAVE HELICOPTERS.
>>
Is there still no fucking server browser?

Fuck looking up fucking IPs

Im going to just start fucking refunding every game that doesnt have a server browser
>>
File: Elf_Copter.png (552 B, 70x56) Image search: [Google]
Elf_Copter.png
552 B, 70x56
>>339905690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdn1s8FxrUg
>>
>>339905838
Arent those helecopters really shitty though? One hit from a pine from my mythical razorpine causes it to explode.
>>
>>339906018
They have really good physics though.
>>
File: terraria templates.png (4 MB, 1200x2286) Image search: [Google]
terraria templates.png
4 MB, 1200x2286
>>339903108
>>
>>339899872
Bosses that don't require you to cheese them.

Seriously I don't know how you're supposed to beat Plantera anymore. Or even the Twins.
>>
File: 1446750806439.jpg (31 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1446750806439.jpg
31 KB, 526x300
>>339904041
>Terraria
>Lacks content

what
>>
>>339899872
3D

it's time to take things further
>>
>>339906167
Planters is circle
Twins are stay out of range
>>
>>339906167
S T O R M B O W
H O L Y A R R O W S
>>
>>339905369
That's a shame. So building a solid base is essentially a gimmick?
>>
>>339906231
Minecraft is starting to pass the point where most of the content isn't just building neat shit

>>339906291
If you're a minmaxing fag then I guess

If I get the option to build a cool fort I am going to build a cool fort
>>
>>339906291
for the most part yes because most mobs that get in your base phase through walls anyways.
>>
>>339906483
But it's still shitty and has less content than Terraria

And yet, it hasn't even improved since like beta or alpha. Only worse.
>>
>>339904249
I just shit on him on my melee only playthrough
>>
>>339904085
Your art isn't even good Tiy
>>
>>339906483
If Minecraft can add a bunch of furniture, new mobs, a few NPCs and some basic quests handed out by villagers I'd never stop playing.
>>
File: genius.jpg (12 KB, 147x133) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
12 KB, 147x133
More diverse boss fights, all bosses pretty much are fought by running around dodging as the boss charges you

Get rid of the melee/range/magic/summon concept, just have different weapons that work by themselves and don't have to "fit" one of these styles, specially since there aren't actual viable weapons, they're all either projectile-based or pseudo-ranged(boomerangs and yoyos)

Fix the progression so you don't have to just revisit the same places after unlocking hard mode, cobalt/mythril/admantite should be acquired differently, hopefully more intuitive(instead of exploring underground area you've already been to just to find ore that spawned, people were skipping straight to chrolophyte ore because hardmode ore was a pain to acquire)
>>
so whats the current status on terraria 2/otherworld
>>
>>339899872
more content
specifically, more pre-hardmode content
I'm not a fan of a continuing power creep, would rather have more stuff to mine/bosses to kill inbetween then neverending endgame bosses that have 999999999 hp and give endgame weapons that do 9999999999 damage
>>
File: 1464914616943.jpg (74 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1464914616943.jpg
74 KB, 1543x1360
>>339906725
Fucking this

>tfw you will never own Minecraft and tell the devs to work harder and add the commonly requested features and old features into the game.
>>
Terraria next update when
>>
>>339900605
Don't break altars
Use fishing to get your hard mode ores

Medium worlds have 2 vertical corruption biomes and 1 side of the V that is created when you enter hard mode. You need 6 tunnels from surface to hell that are 5 or so blocks wide and lined with blocks that aren't dirt so thorn vines can't spawn since they can spread corruption.

Boom corruption contained .
>>
>>339903419
Which is what that post says. 2D games being fine isn't an argument for why they wouldn't in 3D.
>>
>>339906674
Hey why don't you get a girlfriend? I've spent over 2 years working on fossils I don't have time to make sure arms rotate in physically possible ways when aiming awkward melee weapons.

Coming up soon we have a complete overhaul the the combat system, progression systems as well as a brand new mini biome that consists of one pointless room with nothing in it. You will probably never find it.
>>
>>339907021
>tfw broke a fair amount of altars
>quarantined the v stripes, and pre-generated corruption chasms
>came upon numerous corruption/hallow pockets spawned by the altars by chance and cleaned them out
>world corruption and hallowing have been stagnant ever since
dunno how I did it but my world is fucking locked down
>>
>>339906993
Having spent over $1 billion buying it I really don't get what their fucking problem is.
>>
>>339899872

Flesh out thrown class

Random generated adventure maps that you enter via portals. Could have unique crafting mats and enemies.

Hallow alternative biome
>>
>>339907361
>hallow alternative biome
What about a mechanized version, where all the enemies are robots and cyborgs and the blocks take on metallic variations?
>>
>>339907223
It's probably all deep underground. Altars spawn only one block so corruption takes time. One day you will forget to turn off the game and when you get back your world will be this year's fanciest shade of purple.
>>
>>339907498
Nah dude, I'm well familiar with how long it takes corruption to spread. I've spent a lot of time with those biomes remaining at the same percents.
It's all gravy.
>>
>>339903479
Yeah. This started with the update and is still going.

It's well into HM though.. done the pillars once, and they're reactivated.

There's another server at 7778, hm as well, but not past plantera.
>>
Make it infinite

Have a mount that's faster than all other mounts

More biomes, including sub-biomes
These can include,
>Deep jungle
>Coral reefs
>Volcano
>Mountains
As for sub biomes
>Tropical (Forest/Beach or Forest/Jungle)
>Savannah (Desert/Forest or Desert/Beach)
>Taiga (Forest/Snow or Jungle/Snow)
>Badlands (Volcano/Desert or Mountains/Desert or Any biome/Corruption or Crimson)

Actual villages with normal NPCs in differnet races scattered around the world
>Orcs
>Elves
>Goblins
>Humans
>>
File: cactus people.png (40 KB, 498x471) Image search: [Google]
cactus people.png
40 KB, 498x471
>>339908724
>Actual villages with normal NPCs in differnet races scattered around the world

actually that was going to be a thing that they dropped at some point.

Specifically 'natural' cactus and mushroom houses with cactus and mushroom people

In the end only one mushroom NPC ever ended up happening.
>>
>>339909431
cactus people would've been lame as fuck tbqh
I aint racist but
>>
File: mfw.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>339909431
Make it happen
>>
>>339906765
>people were skipping straight to chrolophyte ore because hardmode ore was a pain to acquire)
Shitters who don't brew potions.
>Get rid of the melee/range/magic/summon concept
That's a dumb idea.
>>
File: Trashman I call upon thee.jpg (111 KB, 680x518) Image search: [Google]
Trashman I call upon thee.jpg
111 KB, 680x518
>>339906765
>Get rid of the melee/range/magic/summon concept, just have different weapons that work by themselves and don't have to "fit" one of these styles, specially since there aren't actual viable weapons, they're all either projectile-based or pseudo-ranged(boomerangs and yoyos)
>>
>kill the final boss so you can farm the final boss faster so you can farm him faster because he's the only legitimate threat in the game

What the fuck makes you think this is good? Even with friends it gets old. Fast.
>>
>Terraria doesn't have enough content

You could fly around the planet with all that hot air.
>>
>terraria is five years old
damn son
>>
>>339908724
>Make it infinite
No
>Have a mount that's faster than all other mounts
????????
>More biomes, including sub-biomes
>These can include,
>>Deep jungle
Done
>>Coral reefs
Mite b cool
>>Volcano
Same
>>Mountains
done?
>As for sub biomes
>>Tropical (Forest/Beach or Forest/Jungle)
>>Savannah (Desert/Forest or Desert/Beach)
>>Taiga (Forest/Snow or Jungle/Snow)
>>Badlands (Volcano/Desert or Mountains/Desert or Any biome/Corruption or Crimson)
All mite b kewl
>Actual villages with normal NPCs in differnet races scattered around the world
>>Orcs
>>Elves
>>Goblins
>>Humans
No to all of this.
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.