[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
How's everyone doing so far?
>>
everyone is playing overwatch.
>>
Turn 113

Finishing off the Badlands as the Dwaves, got Karak Azul with 2 cities. 2 Nords armies came from the shore and started razing my shit up and I need to take care of Black Venom in the north side
>>
>>339899050
The NORMIES are
>>
>>339899050

Don't get the hype, I grew up playing RTS and such.
>>
Did two empire campaign and it was fun.
Don't feel like playing with other races for now
>>
>>339898306
Bretty good, playing as dwarfs, on turn 170ish. The Orks are all dead and chaos is in the middle of its second attempt of an invasion and I slew him and most of his army outside the Dwarf stronghold where you get access to the Slayer hero. Vampire Counts are barely hanging on but I will have them destroyed here pretty soon. They took the brunt of the initial chaos invasion and had most of their territory razed. First game in a long while where I've been addicted like this. Cannot wait for more races.
>>
>>339898306
Turn 147 as Vampires. Control Most of the Empire, sans Ostermark, Nordland, Hochland and Ostland.

Allied with Chaos since they love me for beating the Empire, they're busy killing Dwarves and Orks in the mountains now.

Mousillon actually beat Bretonnia, so ignoring them for now.

Preparing to invade the Border princes and southern realms now.
>>
>>339899287
Ugh dwarves* and meant Archaeon by "him."
>>
>>339899050
Fuck that normie shit. Gas all normies playing shooter #9430856232498
>>
>>339899480
>Allied with Chaos
>allied
gay
>>
>>339899480

Closest I get to this is making peace with skaeling and varg after I destroy chaos.
>>
>>339898306
Did one dwarf and empire campaign and taking a break thinking which race I want to do next. Thinking Orc would be a nice change up from the slow play style of the dwarfs. Having tons of fun levelling heroes and watching them kick ass
>>
File: Johnny Boy.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1450) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Boy.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1450
Turn 260ish in coop campaign with a bud. Vampires were wiped out early and all the humies and dwarves banded together to get rid of the chaos invasion, but now orcs control the entire bottom/bottom right part of the map, bordering both of us, and the other human nations are getting pissed at us for having too much land. Such is life as Karl Franz the Manz.
>>
>>339900832

The public order thing with the orcs can get pretty annoying, but it's a good way to keep up fightiness.
>>
File: SkTyO[1].gif (331 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
SkTyO[1].gif
331 KB, 500x200
>>339898306
>first siege attack
>supposed to build rams or some shit
>don't want to wait, attack anyway
>two units of miners bring down the gate in seconds
>quarrellers follow dwarf warriors up the ramparts and blot out the sun

Auto-resolve implied this would be difficult.
>>
>>339900987

I found that maneuvering my gunners was too much of pain to use when I was playing dorfs. That and the copters are fucking lame.
>>
>>339898306
I can't stop playing, help, I've got 4 VH campaigns at the same time, I dream of being a dwarf living in a hold, I just received a Karl Franz dakimakura on my mail which I don't remember ordering and I keep hearing voices in my head telling me I iz made fer fightin'
>>
>>339901193
start by riding a boar
become a boar boy
>>339900987
dwarves have pretty good morale. So the towers don't rape their corpses.
>>
>>339898306
Dwarves, turn 38. Every time I try to capture another province, my home province either gets taken over or my capital gets besieged. When I go try to lift the siege, my gains get taken by another greenskin faction. And I can't afford a second army without a second province. I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do to move forward.
>>
Taking a break until the first patch. VC is dull to play and their units are not greatk, and dwarf end game units are very underwhelming, especially with artillery being broken. And Chaos is just...bad.

Empire is perfect though.
>>
>>339900926
I tend to play with mass cheap units and push heavy . Unit nearly wiped out? Just disband and recruit. It's how I won oda on legendary
>>
Was doing great until my gpu finally died. Now I'm waiting for a 1070
>>
>>339901983
You playing on hard or legendary ?
>>
>>339901983
Try confederating with some other dwarves and take advantage of trading with the humans.

I always try to raze the greenskin settlements in the badlands asap, to give me some breathing room to fight in the mountains.

If you do that make sure to take advantage of underground travel to raid a settlement and then cross back over before they can react.
>>
>>339899485
In Warhammer, they're Dwarfs. It's dumb.
>>
>>339901983
Max garrisons before trying to expand, and then go north and capture Mount Gunbad for shittloads of money. Convincing Zhulbar and Karak Kadrim to confederate is easy, and will give you a lot of lands and the income necessary to then come back down and eliminate the orcs, moment in which you'll control all the east.
>>
Just abandoned a 110 turn vamp run then installed the local movement mod and started new because the game had boiled down to tag between vamp doomstacks and Chaos lords because I had 8 provinces at 80% or higher corruption so the Chaos doomstack spawns are all at less than half strength and all my settlements had walls so they couldn't sack anything faster than I could catch them. The one time I cornered them they ran into the mountains where I have to go raiding stance

Also currently at 40 hours of campaign with short goals beaten on Dwarfs and Greenskins because screw long campaign before all the factions are added
>>
It's a fun warhammer game but not a very good total war game. Battles are kinda boring and blobby and are probably faster than they've ever been in the series other than early Rome. With how hp and stats work even flanking/hammer & anvil feel useless against muh rpg stats. Solo'd 300+ VC enemies with my lord after sacrificing my best units to kill their lord. Dwarfs and Chaos feel extremely underwhelming. Despite the great unit variance they feel lacklustre and pretty much just the same.

Despite that it's an alright game and I'm having fun as VCs.
>>
>>339902986
Rome 2 not Rome.
>>
>playing this game

withnosurvivors aaargh
>>
>>339902530
>>339902279
I'll have to try this out. Thanks anons
>>
>>339902986
At least that's easily fixable through mods

Damage and numbers are easy to adjust, having no unit variety and getting those replaced by shadowsauke420 is never good
>>
>>339898306
how do I stop being a bumbling retard in battle?
>>
>>339903759

What faction you playing?
>>
>>339903869
Counts
>>
60ish turns in to my 2nd Emp playthrough, first got murdered by Chaos. I actually only hold Reikland but have unified the Empire through diplomacy. Got 2 full stacks including demi knights, tanks and volley guns so here's hoping I can take on Chaos this time.
>>
>>339898306

Almost at 100 hours game time and can't stop playing. Completed an Empire Legendary long campaign; was a fucking nightmare towards the end. The Empire blob was real.

Playing Dwarfs now and they're baller as fuck, but no cav and gyros suck ass.
>>
>>339903665
Yeah. I'm not really shitting on the game, it's just the flaws it has are prominent. I've already got that +10% map movement in your territory because holy shit the AI can kite forever. I got an agent movement debuff on a Skraeling stack and he STILL managed to raid and outrun me prior. Already grabbed the mod to make battles longer too.

Units getting vacuumed into combat is a little annoying too. Had some handgunners who WOULD NOT leave combat. They'd run for a second and immediately reengage. Had to 'withdraw' them.

I'm really enjoying Greenskins and VCs. Orks feel proper orky and the waagh! mechanic is a nice reward despite them folding like wet cardboard if they're not fighting alongside you. VC is pretty cool. I enjoy the morale damage style of combat but I find it really hard to stand up to big units; maybe once I get my top tier units out that might make the difference though.

Is chaos a weak faction or am I just terrible with it? Tried a couple games now and have a hell of a time dealing with the whole horde system.
>>
>>339903936

Concentrate on getting uber heros. That's all the Counts really have going for them; their hero units are INSANE, but their minions are trash. Zombie zerg and assassinate the opposing enemy hero.
>>
>>339904547

Chaos is pretty fucking strong. Hero units are well hard, their gunners are excellent and their Cav is almost Empire tier.
>>
File: 1456806812518.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456806812518.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
This game somehow single handedly turned my opinion of dwarves around.

>Dat grudge book
>Dat style
>Good technology, good economic infrastructure
>Strong traditionalists with the wherewithal to adopt new ideas when they are good or necessary
>Comfy strongholds (largely) shut out from the rest of the world
>cautious but ailling to work with humans and happy to see them prosper when they are allies
>Not always memeing about drinking or other stupid shit
>>
>>339903936
Not who you're replying to but they deal great morale damage. Have your lord/s have their healing ability on cooldown. Zombies are only good for dying, use crypt ghouls to flank but they fold immediately under a charge. Bats and hounds seem like shit but good bat micro will destroy smaller armies or harass away some of the meat of large armies. Cairnwraiths are terrible against mobs of weak units but excel at fighting lords and small units. If you have them use Vargheists (I forget the name; the flying giant bats, not the low tier ones); they will tear apart archers/artillery/stragglers.
>>
>>339904751
Yeah I love their cav. I get a strong start but I always end up faltering and getting whittled down around turn 30-50. Will have to give them another try. Is it worth awakening the norsca? I've been trying to keep them around as places to sack.
>>
>>339898306
i have played 140h so far

kinda like it
>>
>>339898306
Lost my Dragon Ogre game within 15 turns when the norscan tribes ganged up on me.

Doing bretty gut on dorfs, some 60 turns in and I've confederated my neighbours and am in a two-front war against grimgor and manfred. Manfred is a bitch and I'm pretty much leaving Sylvania in ruins for my empire bros to pick up (it's a coop game). Grimgors about to fuck me up with doomstacks though.

My empire game is 120 turns in and I'm growing slowly. There's been 5 chaos incursions and the vampires are the strongest faction in the game. The eastern dwarfs are completely wiped out by Grimgor and he's begun sacking the southern human cities.
>>
>>339904797
they do drink a lot though. the karaks that can make beer are incredibly useful
>>
>>339903936
Throw 19 stack zombies +throwaway general at cities, raise high tier units afterwards.
>>
>Finally destroyed the Vampire Cunts as Empire in an epic final battle outnumbered 5500 to 3000.
I razed every one of their settlements so I'll wait for a little for the corruption to clear up before colonizing.
Now I've got to deal with Chaos to the north.
>>
File: 1464726278105.png (227 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464726278105.png
227 KB, 640x480
>>339898306
Turn 70, booming economy, with those 4 towns and the right officers, massive armies, can't seem to push out from The Empires starting position though. I want to take Nuln but then the dwarfs take the opportunity to try and fuck with the kingdom. Everything else seems to be at a standstill. Any ideas where I should advance besides Nuln? I'm really nicely allied to 2 factions to the east which I've tried confederating but it bankrupts me outright to do so. Besides they're a nice bulwark against the east for now. Havn't touched north of my capital and the west seems asleep.

Enjoying it so far though it lacks alot of the bullshit of the old games like realm divide etc.
>>
>>339905951

You have marienburg?
>>
>>339905091

Always try to keep a buffer between you and Kislev. I can't count how many times I've pushed south as Chaos only to have those cunts be all SUPRISE MOTHERFUCKER and rape my shit in.
>>
I want to like the dwarves, I really do, but they get fucked by cavalry so hard it's not even funny.
>>
>>339907429
Nope, just the 4 towns in the starting province all maxed out except for military, was going to make one churn out handgunners, Altdolf make greatswords etc. Top left has been completely sleepville guess I can have a poke around.
>>
>>339908716
Marienburg has a resource (dye I think) and the port gives like 50% more income compared to other ports.
>>
File: 1410144170640.jpg (45 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1410144170640.jpg
45 KB, 600x602
>>339898306

I really want to like this game, and for the most part I do, but I find the strategic level just becomes frustrating after a while. The enemy armies are so fast they can just sack and leave before you can do anything unless you have armies sitting on every single border city. You can be razing their capital to the ground and they'll keep on fucking with your border cities rather than actually defending it. I find it basically turns into cat and mouse rather than enjoyable confrontations of huge armies.

I think this might be exacerbated by the fact that I'm playing as Empire, though. Beat back Chaos but the Skaeling and Varg make it basically pointless to try and hold any northern territory. Meanwhile Grimgor is only gettting stronger down south and I know he's going to come up and fuck me soon, but if I commit any armies down there I'll get fucked by Norsca or VC.
>>
How do I defend my new cities as orc? If I leave on a few turns the dwarves swoop down and take it. Good experience though.
>>
>>339909302
Don't let them goddam greenskin fucks get too big. I have them whittled down to one mountain hold in the north I haven't razed but they have 8 fucking stacks just camped there while sending two to the south to constantly harass me
>>
Vampire counts having 0 missile units makes for an extremely boring campaign. That and having zero economic options make me want to fall asleep playing them.
>>
>>339905407
Yeah drinking is a part of their culture but what I mean is that when I click on one of their units they aren't like: *BURRRPPPP* DUDE BEER LMAO
>>
>>339910795
nope, havent really heard many DUDE BEER coming from them. mostly its about grudges
>>
File: 1428468211268.png (559 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
1428468211268.png
559 KB, 500x572
>>339898306
beat hard orc campaign in 144 turns

lost chaos campaign in 55 turns after being chased around the map by something like 11 armies and finally getting myself cornered

think I'll try to finish a vamp lord campaign next
>>
>>339899485
dwarfs is right in warhammer
>>
Just finished Empire on hard.
Could've played better with army comp now I look back at it
>>
>>339910795

Yeah, and they don't have ridiculously thick Scottish accents. Warhammer dwarfs are my favorite type of dwarf.
>>
>>339903936
When it comes down to melee a wargulf and mannfred can take down an entire enemy army. Your job is going to be supporting that melee.
Bats: Murder siege weapons ASAP
Wolves: Have them charge the back or flank of units in melee with your weaker units, try to leave a couple alive to hunt survivors
Wargulf: Your hammer. Don't unlesh him too soon, try charging from a flanking position if possible, keep a couple of skeleton units with him and watch everything die.
Zombie:Your expendable infantry, use as tarpit
Skeleton: Your sorta tougher infantry, use as a main way to anchor down enemy units while your vampire does the job
Ghouls: Your killy infantry, have them charge from flank and support them with skeletons, sorta fragile so watch out, but they kick ass.

That's it for basic units.
>>
>>339902986
Anon is a liar. Unity variety is amazing, and the best. Each Unit feels utterly different
>>
waiting for dat crack
>>
Post your screenshots, bros.
>>
File: 20160604035615_1.jpg (496 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604035615_1.jpg
496 KB, 1920x1080
>>339912896
>>
Where can I find a decent torrent for this?
>>
Why are Steam Tanks so fucking good?
>>
>>339898306
Is Chaos the worst faction? The unit roster is full of armored infantry that are slow as fuck. The dog and missile cavalry is near useless. The Chaos Knight doesn't get unlock much later and they still has low speed. The campaign suppose to be about pillaging and roaming but I have to spend half the time trying to keep the awaken tribes from killing each other and from fighting with Varge and Skaelig. Also Varg and Skaelig at war with Chaos from the start. I spent more time with diplo as Chaos than Empire and Vampire combined.

And the horde infighting mechanic. Whey are Chaos fighting each other ffs? It is suppose to be Chaos Undivided. Why does Khorne follower hate me when I have his blessing?
>>
File: 20160604035435_1.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604035435_1.jpg
487 KB, 1920x1080
>>339913237
>zombies
>>
>>339913307
hasnt been cracked yet because denuvo
>>
Are all the secondary starting Lords as bad as Balthasar Gelt? I've only played Empire so far.

I know he's not actually bad later on, but Karl is far more effective in the early game, and the bonus to having Wizards doesn't come in to play for a very long time.
>>
>>339913794
The Reiksguard Karl starts with is also super incredible in the early game, mowing down all niggas ez pz
>>
>>339899608
but what if im playing both?
>>
Is there a guide on how to win battles efficiently? I get my shit wrecked as the Empire almost always.
>>
File: 20160604170109_1.jpg (684 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604170109_1.jpg
684 KB, 1920x1080
stomping vamp shit
>>
>>339913995
against what?
>>
>>339898306
Turn 78 as Dragon ogre dude. Got an army full of drgaon ogres and just beat down Tzentch's champion. I've united all the northern tribes and they are capturing the cities I've razed so my replenishment borders have expanded. Getting ready to hard build another army ccapable of holding its own under blonde dude.
>>
>>339914120
I mean in general. Is there a good starting strategy to use in battle? Like should I have more spearmen or swordsmen? Should I focus on having cannons or gunmen? Etc.
>>
>>339914291
spearmen + cav and crossbowmen for the start
flank with swordsmen
halberdiers for monsters later
>>
once i got Demigryph Knights and Steam Tanks on Empire it seemed like all necessity to make formations and tactics went out the window, basically just choose all units and right click on enemy army, fast forward while carnage happens
>>
>>339914291

I'm not especially good, but for early armies I like having 6 spears, 4 swords, 3-4 cavs, 3-4 ranged, general, another hero.
>>
Would a person who has no experience/talent for rts games find this enjoyable? How easy/hard is it to pick up?

I'm not very good at rts games, but that's mainly because I never play them. Not many of them really appeal to me.

I've never tried a total war game because the settings always seem so boring. But one with a warhammer universe seems thrilling.

Do the devs often updates these games and add new playable factions and what not?
>>
>>339914516
torrent Rome 1 or Medieval 2 and see if you like the battles more or less
>>
>>339914345
>>339914438
How do you get good? I mean, the AI seems really good at flanking my armies and I usually can't spare the manpower to save my ranged units.

Also how do i avoid the cluster fuck of having infantry units just bog up in big clusterfucks when engaging the enemy line?
>>
>>339914645
>Also how do i avoid the cluster fuck of having infantry units just bog up in big clusterfucks when engaging the enemy line?
that's your problem.

Space out your guys more, dedicate less dudes to a single charge.
>>
>>339914645

Keep a unit or two in reserve to protect your ranged. Again, keep some units in reserve to flank the enemy. Hammer & anvil.
>>
>>339914516
It's a lot of fun and relatively simplified and arcadey as compared to it's predeccors. You really don't need grand strategy or eta background to get I to a normal difficulty campaign. As fare as new factions, DLC will be coming out as will free content such as new leaders, units, and supposedly Bretonnia.
>>
>>339899050
What If I'm playing both?

This is my first TW game, other than like 2 hours. Game is pretty damn fun, but as a scrub I'm finding it to be fairly difficult even on normal difficulty. Playing Dwarfs and I'm on turn 150ish turns take forever now. I confederated most of the other dwarf factions and had more territory then I knew what to do with. Currently getting ass raped by the book of grudges.
>>
Want to play. Once skaven come out I'll buy it. For now, has it been cracked? If it's complete shit, I don't want to buy it even if it has skaven
>>
>>339913414
Lorewise, Chaos infighting is often even worse than greenskin infighting.
>>
>>339914861
Cool, thanks. Is there an easy mode or a good tutorial to get new players going? Or would it be better to just jump into a normal campaign and learn by getting my ass kicked?
>>
>>339914950
It's pretty good, maybe even the best total war I hear. Also Denuvo, so gl with that.
>>
>>339914848
>>339914715
Thanks for the advice anons. Also is Bretonnia going to be the next Campaign race?
>>
>>339914645
The main goal is to either kill their leader or break one of the fronts to allow a flank. You can accomplish that by placing strong units together on one flank or in the middle, or simply holding off the army and letting your ranged do damage, while rotating your front line when they start getting tired or low on morale. Don't be afraid to use melee heroes, and always have reserves for flanking or defending ranged, even if that means one unit will be fighting a head on 2v1 or a 1v1 versus a stronger opponent. The name of the game is breaking morale, and that happens by flanking, other units running, or the death of a leader. Run down anyone you can with Calvary. If light Calvary is available, use them to chase down routing enemies and make sure they don't return to the battle field. The warhounds can be used for this purpose extremely effectively as well.
>>
>>339915049
There's an easy mode, but like you said, best to start on normal and learn from your mistakes. The ingame tutorial is pretty lacking, but there are a lot of good youtube videos for beginners.
>>
>>339915049
I'd jump into normal as that's what I did back in shogun 2, but there is an easy mode and an introductory battle if you play as the faction leader.
>>
WHEN'S LIZARDMEN
>>
>>339915229
>>339915292
Cool, thanks dudes.
>>
>>339915369
I don't think we'll be getting Lizardmen soon, anon. They'll probably be among the last factions to be added considering their location. Them and probably the Dark Elves.
>>
>>339915153
It's not confirmed, but more or less yes. The official statement said a race with units already in game will be released and they are the only faction I know of with unique units in the game. For future expansions, expect the old word (elves, lizardfolk, etc) and underworld (skaven, chaos dwarves, beast men etc)
>>
>>339915438
fkin whatever I want my lizardboyz
>>
>>339914715
Not him, but doesn't spacing out your units just lead to them getting surrounded and killed one by one because the enemy advances in a continous line?
>>
>>339915153
Almost guaranteed that it's Bretonnia.
>>
>>339915514
If there is too much spacing yes, but minimal spacing isn't bad as it can seperate enemy units and leave them disjointed and vulnerable to flanking.
>>
>>339915514
It really just depends on the situation. If the enemy army is heavy on cavalry you'll want to clump up and defend your flanks. If they're infantry heavy you might want to spread your army out for easy flanks.
>>
>>339915438
At least in tabletop skaven have a huge grudge with lizards, so I can see them coming out together. After all I think that's where clan pestilence formed, and that's a huge faction for skaven
>>
How do I get good at the real time battles bit? I never felt so shit at them in the other TW games that I've played.

Moving around the massive armies feels like a massive chore since I can't find a way to have them stay in the formation they're in, my untis just seem to break instantly despite trying to go for flanks and having a decent lord nearby, and a bunch of other little issues

I really want to like this game but I usually just let fights autoresolve since the overworld is more enjoyable than ordering a unit to attack an enemy 10 times and have them still not do anything
>>
>>339902530
I always find its a crapshoot with dorfs, either you get mobbed early on by grimgore + 3 other orc tribes or they leave you mostly alone and you destroy them.
>>
I'm really bad at it. And last time I did a battle it was close and we just chased eachother around at low health until I lost everything and then my Lord finished the rest of their army off very slowly. Shit kinda killed my immersion but I'll fire it back up later to give it another go. I gotta at least do a few campaigns, maybe I'll start to enjoy the game more. I should probably up the difficulty and put a little more thought into my actions
>>
Waiting for mods. This is the first polished TW ever but it's also the first to bore me so fast because it's so streamlined and simplistic. I'm also disappointed by CA's laziness and lack of care, like how they don't have reload animations for handgunners and artillery units. It's like they just had to ruin it.

Why is it boring? Because the game is way too fast paced, I can shoot through 130 turns in a few hours or so and by then chaos warriors dies and so what's left to do? I end the campaign

Other TW campaigns however I can spend a week of playing, even more with mods that extend turns per year
>>
>>339898306

GOTY. Thus far there's no doubt, GOTY.
>>
I'm not a fan of enemy units breaking, coming back, breaking again, coming back, etc.
>>
>>339915824
That's how it works in TT. I like the idea, but I think there should be a hard-cap on how many times a unit can come back from being routed.
>>
>>339915824
Just send a fast unit to chase them for a bit instead of letting them go and reform.
>>
>wanna download it and try it out, because while I like the Warhammer universe, I've never played a Total War game, so I don't want to spend all that money on something I might not even like
>can't find a download
it uses Denuvo, doesn't it?
>>
File: whatsheppensnext.png (3 MB, 1600x902) Image search: [Google]
whatsheppensnext.png
3 MB, 1600x902
>>339914516
Play easy and you can learn and enjoy it. No need for other titles. And once you know the mechanics you raise the difficulty. For example you can play normal but leave the battle AI easy if you need practice.
>>
>>339916081

Sometimes you're in a drag out fight and can't do that. So it's fucking gay when an enemy unit routes, you task your unit to attack another close by and then the other just decides to not run away any more.
>>
>>339916220
it does
>>
>>339916405
well, shite
>>
>>339916220
Based denuvo.
>>
I am fucking terrible at total war games at all levels and I don't have a fucking clue why.
>>
Orks are da bestest facshun
very strongg

Waaagh!
>>
Is chaos worth picking up? Is it worthy of being a 10 dollar faction? Just got back from a work camp and missed it by one fucking day
>>
>>339899185
No normies play Shitwatch and Wotal war

>no breads about stellaris
>>
>>339916648

What's the problem?
>>
>>339904797
>having a negative opinion of beards

Been listening to that knife ear propaganda?
>>
>>339898306
Playing Greenskin legendary and holy Gork do their early units suck ass. I'm having an extremely hard time against the dwarves.
>>
>>339916850
Everything, I'm always completely fucked by turn 30. I don't build the right units, I either attack too much or too little which leads to all of my cities being attacked or me sitting around losing income to maintaining my armies. I also have no idea how many "lords" to build with armies to move around, same with how to effectively use agents. Tech trees seem really arbitrary to me as well, just choose whatever sounds coolest?

Then when I do have an army or two I move them to engage the enemy but they just attack my cities by going right around me. I have no idea what to do in battles either, it seems like cavalry on the sides and melee in the middle and just chart my units forward and win.
>>
>>339916713
Im waiting for them to fix sectors.
>>
>>339898306
Goooood. My davi almost did it. Have all holds. Chaos raped back. Norse getzing rekt. On best terms with humans. Greenskins wiped out. Just some king quests and book of grudes to do.
>>
>>339916713
>shitaris

The game of hypocreats where its wrong to be all white but all nigger mods are multi culty.

Fuck off libtard.
>>
>>339916713
Stellaris is dull. It needs a shitload of fixing before it becomes even remotely engaging.
>>
File: 1448493411460.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448493411460.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>Start up Chaos campaign as Sigvald
>Mopping up Norscans where I can, preparing to move on the Dwarfs at Kraka Drak
>full stack Dwarf army suddenly attacks me from the Underway
>>
File: 20160601231045_1.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160601231045_1.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>339917529
ASSLESS CHAPS
>>
>>339916713
We've had plenty of Stellaris threads at release but it's kinda barebones atm
>>
File: 133256489217.jpg (36 KB, 560x229) Image search: [Google]
133256489217.jpg
36 KB, 560x229
>>339898306
Slowly savescumming my way to victory.
Shouldn't have started on hard without a single fucking clue.
>>
How is the fancy magic artillery thing Empire gets? Worth using? Steam tanks have been pretty nice so far.
>>
File: M2360213a_image-3xl.jpg (109 KB, 627x627) Image search: [Google]
M2360213a_image-3xl.jpg
109 KB, 627x627
I DELCARE WAR ON THEM!

Who's the best / most aesthetically pleasing hero?
>>
>>339916713
Maybe because they forgot they needed more than an early game in Stellaris and its garbage right now.
>>
File: 99819915016_EpidemiusNEW01.jpg (37 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99819915016_EpidemiusNEW01.jpg
37 KB, 600x620
>>339917820
Not in the game, sadly.
>>
>>339917676
Why are the warriors of chaos so gay
>>
>>339917914
Slaanesh is one hell of a drug.
>>
>>339917820
Karl Franz is the posterboy for the game so he's hard to beat
>>
>>339917908
All other total war games have a ton of paid dlc, stuff, if that guy is popular then he probably will end up in the game down the line.
>>
>>339917971
SUMON THE ELEKTOR COUNTS
>>
>>339898306
About 150 turns in as Empire, I've destroyed the Warriors of Chaos a while ago, now I have 2 armies moving very slowly across the North destroying what little remains of the Norse, and two (previously 3 before my engineer was outmanoeuvred) in the South fighting a Great War against the Vampire Counts
>>
>>339918013
I was just joking.
>>
Game is boring as fuck once chaos is defeated.
>>
>>339918191
He looks awesome to me.
>>
File: 20160604120438_1.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604120438_1.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
>>339917820
Deffinitely not your grandpa in a wheelchair.
>>
File: sniper cannon.webm (694 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
sniper cannon.webm
694 KB, 854x480
>>
>>339917745
Anyway: Actual sitrep:
Vampire Counts.
Conquered some stuff north and west at the start.
Orcs tried to fuck my day up, but I repelled them.
Chaos tried to fuck my day up, but I eventually wiped them out.
Expanded further north and razed every orc village in the eastern mountains.
Eventually I attacked Brettonia which also got me into a war with the empire. Oops.
So I fought on two fronts, but actually managed to push their shit in. Conquered several territories and signed peace treaties again to stabilise for a few turns.
The empire is within my grasp now, just need to rally all my stuff again. I'm worried about the Norse though. Those fuckers could fuck me over dearly if they start picking a fight at the wrong time. They've ignored me so far though.
>>
No idea how to progress as vamps. Everyone kinda hates me. Even the Orkz.
>>
>>339912109
>play chaos
>all units are just direct upgrades of their previous ones but with flashier armor

Chosen, chosen with great axes, chosen with halberds, truly amazing.
>>
Just started playing as The Empire on Hard.

A few turns into the game and the dwarfs team up with the orcs to fuck up my day.

Ancient enemies united against me with no good reason.

What did Karl Franz do wrong /v/?
>>
File: 1359328233613s.jpg (3 KB, 125x109) Image search: [Google]
1359328233613s.jpg
3 KB, 125x109
>>339918652
Have you built the gold mine in your capitol? This is important.

>mfw I was strapped for cash the entire game and literally sat on a gold mine for 120 turns before noticing
>like 200.000 dark magic not earned
I'm such a scrub at this game, holy shit.
>>
Game's been pretty addictive to me about 100 hours into it. I play on normal as Im not a fan of boosted stats substitutions for difficulty. I see a lot of people have issues with chaos. So far with chaos I just start with Archaeon. What I do is just immediately awaken the baersonlings, although they eventually get razed by kislev the second I leave the region. I use the awakened tribes to quickly reinforce while I max archaeon's campaign horde growth skill asap and max the horde camp first. I then rush dragon ogres to get Kholek and basically sack and awaken tribes as well to build up favor. By then I unlock sigvald and use him to apply pressure to the nordsca until they are all fragmented and vassaled to me. They pretty much won't break from my control at this point as when they do, they quickly get swallowed up by their neighbors and I reawaken them. I then send Kholek to pirate the seas raiding and confusing the shit out of the AI while Archaeon slowly pushes kislev and beyonds shit in.

In any case if you're really struggling as chaos the sea is your friend, you can raid the coasts from the chaos wastelands down to the southern badlands easily netting most of your sack/raze requirements for a long victory. The rest is all about applying pressure in the right places to ensure confederation is never optimal for the AI.
>>
>>339916713
>>339899608
You can go back to Facebook at any time friendo.
>>
>>339918886
They just jelly of your royal swag.
>>
>>339919858
>100 hours into it
holy fugg
>>
>>339916329
I did a campaign with the orcs, It took the 2/3 of my time to deal with the dwarves. Should I expect to see only greenskins if I play dwarves?
>>
>>339921679
One of their objectives is to wipe them out so yeah.
Orcs and Vampires is their main enemy with a hint of border princes on the side
>>
File: Karl Franz.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Karl Franz.jpg
191 KB, 1280x720
>>339899050
Get off my board, goblin scum
>>
File: 20160601233053_1.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160601233053_1.jpg
642 KB, 1920x1080
Completed the Empire's short campaign in around 100 turns, by the time Archeon and his doomstacks started coming I had enough doomstacks of my own and after a couple of turns of cat and mouse one big battle decided it all. Would've been fun if I had to rely on other races to help stop Chaos, I made alliances with all the bretonnians, dwarves and even pic related, but in the end only needed my own imperial steel.
Played around with the greenskins for a bit, but I think I'll commit to a serious campaign with one of the other factions now.
>>
>>339922496
In my empire campaign, my vassals and allies took care of the chaos invasion on their own
>>
File: 20160527231223_1.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160527231223_1.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
I won the long campaign somewhere around turn 90, to kill Chaos I put 4x 20-stack armies in ambush stance in the mountain pass north of eastern oblast, once Chaos came through the mountain pass with their 6x stacks, they got fucked and I finished them off in 3 turns. It was extremely satisfying.
>>
File: 20160604123439_1.jpg (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160604123439_1.jpg
550 KB, 1920x1080
>>339923014
And this is my Dwarfen campaign at turn 65, I'm currently trying to chase down Chaos.
>>
File: big fat veiny vamp tits.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
big fat veiny vamp tits.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Who /waifu/ here?
>>
>>339918652
You steam roll west Sylvania as fast as possible before the empire factions can take a part of it, then you turtle while having one of those buildings that spread taint to neighboring areas in both regions.

Vamps income mostly comes from main settlement buildings, you want to have high growth so that you can upgrade them to max and have a unit advantage over the empire when you expand out and steam roll them.

You spread taint quicker by having heroes in the province, when you're expanding you should have at least two banshees in there assassinating faggots while tainting the place up.

Vamps have zero ranged units besides heroes, instead they have lots of monsters, about half your army make up should be comprised of monsters, and try to avoid sending them into halberds.
>>
is Konrad a playable hero in VC? is he good, in that case?
>>
How does later game Chaos invasion work out if you are playing as Chaos? Are they allied with the player or do they even spawn?
>>
>>339924212
I think the heroes for VC are Mannfred von carstein and Heinrich Kemmler (probably misspelt that but hes a Master Necromancer )
>>
>>339924194
or if you want you can roll out 2 heroes with a 20 stack of weak units and steam roll a few of the provinces if you want a larger region, Just nab whichever neighbor has "imperial distrust".
>>
>>339919858
>awakening tribes early
>giving a shit about the AI help at all
You should just sack/raze the whole of Norsca down for the first 60-80 turns to get your heroes farmed.
>>
>>339898306
Finished my Vampire Counts campaign and began a Dwarves campaign...then got fucked up by the Green skins within 10 turns.
>>
File: 1465038017036.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465038017036.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
SUMMON
>>
File: Untitled.png (744 KB, 1051x499) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
744 KB, 1051x499
>>339925134
MY
>>
>>339924347
but then why is isabella here?>>339923918

still, I'm glad Heinrich "the lichemaster" kemmler is playable
>>
>>339925586
It's not Isabella, it's just a generic vamp bitch.
>>
>>339925586
>>339925845
It's sorta hilarious. All the vampire lords are guys, all the low-ranking vampires are girls.
>>
>>339924212
No, but he will most likely be DLC soon.
>>
>>339924265
You have to unite the norscan tribes, and then late in the campaign the tzeentch demon spawns and chases you around the map. (He's pretty EZ to solo as Archaon though.)
>>
>>339926025
I hope not. I'd rather have Neferata or Vlad or even Isabella rather than Konrad. He's just a shit version of Mannfred (who is already pretty shit)
>>
>>339898306

did you preorder for your day 1 dlc, goyims?
>>
File: Deathclaw.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Deathclaw.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
THIS ACTION
>>
>>339926230
You got the same stuff if you bought within a week of release.

I'm not sure I'd bother though, the chaos campaign is pretty weak. You just run around razing cities all game long, and diplomacy is completely off the table, as is city management. It's just kinda boring. You build up a couple of doomstacks and then just play the same siege battles 50 times in a row.
>>
>>339924526
Nah, it's good to have at least one "allied" region, because you reinforce a lot faster in it. If you encamp at the same time, it takes basically one turn to go from 10% HP to 100. Faster than encamping every single turn.
>>
>>339926525
yeah that's true, forgot you could encamp in awakened territory.

Awaking more than one tribe is horrible though since they'll go to war with eachother.
>>
File: archaeon.jpg (110 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
archaeon.jpg
110 KB, 714x1000
>>339917820
Archaeon, without a doubt. He's by far the strongest hero unit in the game and his design isn't bad either. Only problem is that he's so huge that he makes his "warhorse" look like a pony. Ridiculous, I mean this is how he's SUPPOSED to look...
>>
File: archaeon tiny horsey.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
archaeon tiny horsey.jpg
649 KB, 1920x1080
>>339927072
...meanwhile, this is how his pony looks like in-game. Notice how tiny it is. The same goes for regular chaos knights.
>>
File: 144987962559.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
144987962559.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>339927130
>>339927072

>liking the animechosen
>>
>>339913414
>Whey are Chaos fighting each other ffs?
Babby's first introduction to Warhammer, it seems.
Chaos always fights eachother.
The damn gods themselves can be paired up as mortal enemies. That's their whole shtick. If chaos quits infighting for once, they win instantly.
>>
Easily the best Total War in fucking ages and one of the best in the franchise.

Going for a fantasy setting with asymmetric armies is the best thing they've done.

Fuck games workshop though, this could have saved WHFB
>>
>>339898306
Finished a short campaign as the empire, going to go for the long campaign victory. Mainly i'm going to go down south and fuck the other humans up. Game needs more flavour units if you ask me.
>>
>>339927072
Isn't Grimgor one of the best hero unit?

I've seen him chew up several enemy groups.
>>
>>339918837
Chaos are the exception
>>
File: 1463998867404.jpg (66 KB, 437x602) Image search: [Google]
1463998867404.jpg
66 KB, 437x602
I'm not playing it till my exams are out of the way. Hopefully fair Bretonnia will be patched in by then
>>
>>339927672
He's good, but nothing really beats Archaeon, he just has too much bullshit going for him.

In my chaos campaign, he got 50% ward save, 35% missile damage reduction, almost 1k damage per hit and 130+ armor, along with a shield. 100+ values in both attack and defense, and over 6k HP because all the multiplicative bonuses you get from items. On top of all that, he can also buff himself twice with fire for even more bullshit.

Chaos lords in TT are already the best 1v1 combatants, and this guy is like the strongest chaos lord.

>>339918837
>>339927830
It's a shame we had to go with the Undivided route. Would have been a lot more interesting with mixed warriors and daemons of chaos, but separated into factions for each god.
>>
>>339927130

Lad it looks about the same, you think that because of the shield
>>
>>339926145
Everyone would rather have Vlad but they already chose Mannfred to be the faction leader and it would be weird to have the main alpha vampire around too as a simple secondary. And Konrad already has several loading screens about him so it's pretty much a no-brainer at this point.
>>
>>339927672
In custom battles, Grimgor rapes Archaon hard in 1v1 (as it's supposed to be lorewise)
>>
>>339928317
Nope, it's very small compared to him. I looked at all angles, but decided on that one. Feel free to investigate yourself.
>>
>>339927072
Nah man, Kholek by FAR is the most powerful hero unit.
Nigga can take out an entire army by himself and you can make him nigh invincible
>>
>>339928565

Also in the art he looks more like a dwarf because his body proportions are all fucked up
>>
>>339899480
>allied with Chaos
kekked
>>
>>339928703

You can't ally with Chaos no idea what the fuck anon is talking about

Also once Archaon spawns diplomacy with every norscan faction stops and you're automatically at war
>>
File: Fotoskect 1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fotoskect 1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Love to edit this kind of photos.
>>
File: what even is this.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what even is this.jpg
718 KB, 1920x1080
I case anybody from last thread cares

I lost
>>
>>339929167
That's pretty cool, anon.
>>
File: Gobboz.jpg (46 KB, 626x344) Image search: [Google]
Gobboz.jpg
46 KB, 626x344
>>339929243
>>
FUCK games workshop

I bet the next expansion is going to be age of fucking sigmar
>>
>>339927368
>Not liking the Exalted Grand Marshall of Chaos
>Not liking the guy who is simultaneously Chaos' strongest champion yet the man who hates it the most
>Not liking the guy who literally spit in the face of the Great Horned Rat rather than recieve his blessing

Archaon is pretty fucking cool man.
>>
>>339928470
>Storm of Chaos is canon

Lol.
>>
>>339929746
I'd rather forget about age of sigmar.

Also i would love squigs in this game.
>>
>>339929746
Archaon is the worst written character in the entire game
>>
>>339930031
The only cool parts of AoS are Archaon and Arkhan.

Sigmarines are shit, Slaanesh is getting canned in favor of 'A more teen-friendly setting', Orks are still Orks just boring, and half the stuff got renamed.

That's literally the entirety of AoS.

Oh and Nagash is in there too somewhere.
>>
>>339928576
Archaon is better, like that anon said. If you want to know BY FAR the best lord in the game, it's Mannfred. Good stats, terror, large flying mount, having access to the very best spells in the game i.e. spirit leech, fate of the brujna, raise dead, curse of ages. He's just the complete package and what every lord wishes to be. He absolutely shits on Kholek and any other basic powerhouse melee lord like Grimgor or Ungrim.

And nothing can take out an entire army alone. Fatigue is still in the game and as soon as you hit very tired, your lord becomes utterly worthless unless he gets rest. He will stop doing damage and they'll just slowly chip away his health until he goes down.
>>
>>339930331
>Ungrim
Speaking of him, how good is he?

I recently started a dwarf campaign with him as my first Legendary lord, he seems allright but a bit slow.
>>
>>339898306
I have like a total of 50 hours between shogun 2 and Rome 2, this is the first Total War that im really liking but the campaigns ive tried playing so far ive either just gotten buttfucked or im at turn 100 or something and nothing has happened.

VC Campaign: Turn 130, Empire is allied with almost everything, im forced to fight chaos or else my shit is the first to die, so that campaign is kinda over.

Chaos Campaign: Tried playing them 3 times or so and only the last time i tried, i got to turn 100 with the nord factions pretty much destroyed but then i got fucked by Tzeentch's 2stack.

Dwarf Campaign: Also tried playing 3 times. First one, i just turtled and didnt achieve anything by turn 100 and eventually just got rekt by Greenskins. Second one i got too greedy with confederations and was spread too thing so i got rekt. And the last one i made the same mistake as campaign 2.

So all in all, im shit and its not going well but this game is pretty dope so i dont mind.
>>
>Turn 243 as Chaos
>Started out as Archaon and Kholek being chased around the north by Kislev/Ostland armies
>now have razed half the map all the way to Pfeildorf

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
File: 1462191769717.jpg (642 KB, 1125x1068) Image search: [Google]
1462191769717.jpg
642 KB, 1125x1068
I'm completely overwhelmed by the game and the fact that I don't kow what the fuck is goin on most of the time is annoying. I enjoy battles and dicking around on the world map, but I have so many questions.

1. I have no Idea which buildings to build in which city/capital.

2. What is the difference between lords and heroes?

3. Is there a way to improve my diplomatic relations with factions that completely hate me?

4. How many lords should I have at any given time?

5. How many heroes?

6. What are useful unit compositions for vampires?

7. Should I only buy stuff that improves my public order first?

8. How does the PC calculate the outcome of auto resolves? Based on what criteria?

9. Should I simply raze every settlement that I can't occupy?

10. Does trade happen automatically when I have a trade agreement?

11. Do my units replenish automatically when I'm on "friendly" soil or do I need to switch my stance?

12. Which units are complete shit, which arent?

13. Do I need to go for a certain "build" with every lord and hero I have? Because so far, I'm going fucking freestyle...

So sorry to bomb this thread with my shitty questions, but I have literally hundreds of them and the ingame wiki, while a nice idea, is either tediously uninformative or offline when I need it.

Help ;_;
>>
>>339930858
1.It doesnt matter really, just upgrade your main building in each province and choose what you want after the fact.

2. Lord lead armies, heroes do actions like assasinations

3. No. Slaughter them.

4. As much as your economy can hold

5. See above

6. Infantry/Beasts/Calvary mix

7. If that's a real issue for you, sure. Otherwise focus on miltiary/economic buildings

8. Who fucking knows, it's pretty bonked in this game. Better than Empire and Shogun 2 I guess, but still bad. Just fight most battles.

Im not gonna answer all of them but there you have it.
>>
How do I git gud with the Empire?
I tried playing with them an I fucking get my ass handed horribly.

Dorfs are fun as fuck. I just sit my lazy ass and let them come to me. Also in the campaign, is it bad I'm expanding southwards since there are other dorfs in the north or should I whack them as well?
>>
>>339929618
This game's development has little to nothing to do with GW. All they did was let them use the license for a fee and have final sign off on anything lore related.

GW has little to nothing to do with video games that use their IP. They don't, or at least didn't, consider it a viable revenue stream despite its historically decent performance when competent studios make real games and not iOS shit.
>>
>>339930528
He's very good. Pretty much the dwarf version of Grimgor. Just send him to the highest threat in the enemy army and he'll fuck it up without exception.

Thorgrim is also very good. What Ungrim does in offense, he does in defense. Nothing can hurt him in melee so you can just tank several units with him to ease the load on the rest of your army and never have to worry about him dying even against AP weapons.

Also both heroes have a really good vigor army bonus. I suggest you get that ASAP and put the rest of the points into stat boosts for them.

Dwarves are defense: the race, speed is only a problem because most lords run away instead of fighting to the death. But both have abilities that give a burst in speed and acceleration. Catches lords on foot if you're near them when they start routing.
>>
File: 1441223338399.gif (40 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1441223338399.gif
40 KB, 501x585
>>339899480
>Allied with Chaos
Yessssss!
Good, Vampire!
>>
>>339931316
I really don't understand GW's business practices. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like they at least want benefits, just that they want to abuse their consumers as much as humanly possible.
>>
>>339931460
they're hideously out of touch

Kirby was convinced video games were a fad
>>
>>339931217
When you are big enough, and you have decent diplomatic relations with the other Dwarfs, you can confederate with

Start of with the factions that are at war with stuff you are at war with, they are most likely to be willing to join you.
>>
>>339930858
I'm similar to this guy. I have no idea what I'm doing and everything seems super easy and simplified from Rome 2, which is the last one I played.

Basically I'm playing s the vampire. I am literally destroying everyone around me with ease, my economy is great and that's about it. I am kinda bored. Diplomacy doesnt really work since everyone hates me as well, and they would probably turn on me (like in every Civilization game).
>>
>>339930858
1. Try to focus on economy in provinces that aren't focused on military recruitment.
For provinces that are focused on military, try to get all the military in this province, since that gives you over all more provinces that are focused on economy, meaning more and better armies.

2. Lords are generals. You cannot have an army without a lord.
Heros are agents that can cause sabotage, assassinate etc but can also join your armies and fight on the battlefield.

3. There are multiple options, but first of all you probably need to ask if the faction hate you too much and is a lost cause, or whether you can actually turn them around.
As for your options; giving them money without asking for anything in return (gifts) will give you a slight boost in relations (something like +5 for a small, +10 for medium and +15 for large, but not sure).
Fighting their enemies and killing them after battles also gives you a boost to relations.
Lastly, being friendly with their friends also helps your relationship.
I should also mention, using agent actions against cause diplomatic issues.

4. As many as you feel comfortable fielding. Every additional Lord except your first increase upkeep across all your armies by 1%. So 2 lords: 1% additional upkeep. 3 Lords 2% additional upkeep and so on. You can see the money lost to this increase at the top of the screen if you hover above one of the small icons.

5. Every hero costs something like 250 in upkeep, but I think this is also increased by having more lords, as mentioned above. So, again, as many as you need and feel comfortable fielding.

6. Early game drowning the enemies in waves of skeletons works. Late game you need grave guards with great weapons backed up with monsters. I personally like to field 4 units of cav, 2 varghulfs to break the line just before my grave guard charge, 2 vargheists to deal with skirmishers and artillery, 2 crypt horrors on the flanks to wrap around and the rest is grave guard with great weapons
>>
>>339930209
>Slaanesh is getting canned in favor of 'A more teen-friendly setting'

Mere rumour and scaremongering. He is absent from his position in the Pantheon, but his followers still exist, and there are things written about them (mainly that they seem to be having some sort of civil war).

As for teen friendly setting - their newest model coming out are trees with tits.

Your post looks like you seen what AoS was when it come out, then haven't really kept up with it at all, since there is a fair bit more story to everything now.
>>
>>339931846
Too bad it's still a retarded clusterfuck of shit with over-designed models and horrible rules
>>
>>339931543
He was also convinced the internet was a fad. The man was fucking insane.

>>339931460
They were helmed by the tabletop gaming equivalent of Randy Pitchford. They have a new CEO now who actually seems to know what he is doing. Thing are changing, to the point where they are actually bringing back old Specialist games like Blood Bowl.

I am the closest I have ever been to actually setting foot in a GW store again. Too bad for them I started Magic a while ago.
>>
Are there any well written warhammer fantasy books? And I don't mean well written "for a game", I mean genuinely good when compared to other fantasy stuff
>>
>>339932240
The gotrek and felix books are generally good. Not great, but good.
>>
>>339930858
>>339931756
7. Personally I always go for economy first, then (as the VC) corruption since these two help with public order the most.

8. I'm not sure, but some criteria are: quality of troops. Amount of units. having cav vs not having cav. Having artillery vs not having artillery, experience of the troops and so on.

9. No reason not to unless you want more fights and possible something to sack.

10. Yes, but getting the trade agreement in the first place can be tricky. If you hover the mouse over your income, it gives you a breakdown of how much is from tax, base and trade.

11. As long as you are in friendly turf and not taking attrition your troops will replenish. This means you can also replenish while on your allies soil. For some races you can also replenish using certain stances.

12. Depends. most units have some usability. Zombies won't kill anything, but are great meatshields and very cheap. Skeletons are your early game mainline infantry, but are pretty crap overall. Your infantry wraiths (Either cairn- or hexwraiths) aren't very good, but the cav ones are very nice but super expensive. Likewise, I found the terrorgheist to be too expensive to be worth using, but you might disagree. just be careful with using ghost against units with magic damage (Like Betronia Grail Knights).

13. It's completely up to you. I personally always go for route marcher first for the additional 10% movement range.
>>
grudgebringer mercenaries when
>>
am I the only one that things that this game graphics are really disappointing

maybe it´s just because I´m used to seeing really high detailed table top figures when it comes to warhammer but the game just doesn´t look right to me
>>
Is there a way to see detailed unit info in battle? On the campaign map there's this unit card showing detailed stats, perks and attributes but that seems to be missing in battles
>>
>>339932431
press i
>>
>>339931846
>trees with tits
really?
hard to believe considering that their very first female age of sigmar dark elf model is more covered up then the male counter part
>>
>>339932431
There's a small button in the left corner of the screen - click it. Also you can hold space to see more general info about the battle.
>>
>>339931846
>their newest model coming out are trees with tits

Now we're talking.
>>
>>339932515
>>339932498
Oh shit, thanks
>>
Does anyone have any advice for playing as the vampire counts? I basically have all of eastern sylvania and western sylvania minus schwartzhafen since they're being bros to me right now and i've tried advancing out towards the human settlements but I can never stay there too long due to attrition or I get my shit slapped and have to retreat back to sylvania so I can't really progress outwards
>>
>>339932512
There isn't a female dark elf model made for AoS yet. The only two AoS Elves is the Dark Elf stripper, and the female elf in silver tower, and the female elf has nothing to do with the Dark Elves.

>>339932592
Honestly, the whole thing is just confusing >>47589894
>>
Kinda lost my drive after finishing orcs and vc on normal, empire on hard.
>>
>>339933427
that isn´t a dark elf?
really!?!
but she looks like one?
>>
File: 1428553996191.jpg (156 KB, 484x326) Image search: [Google]
1428553996191.jpg
156 KB, 484x326
'ey ya git
it sez 'ere yooz nut playin' orkz.
kare to explain?
>>
>>339933656
Nope, she is just some random elf. Not much is known for now, but it isn't made in any of the Dark Elf styles.

Also, I fucked up the link to the tree tits >>>47589894
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.