[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck up so badly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 23
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
How did they fuck up so badly?
>>
>>339898091
They're racing to the bottom to see how little effort they can put forth and still hugely profit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
>>
Todd and Pete

nuff said
>>
File: CH1g32q.jpg (199 KB, 1242x1000) Image search: [Google]
CH1g32q.jpg
199 KB, 1242x1000
>>339898091
They got BTFO'd by a bunch of slavs
>>
>>339898091
Appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Just like Trump.
>>
Is it wrong that I genuinely enjoy Fallout 4 due to its exploration?

I couldn't give two shits about the story. I just wanna explore and micromanage my inventory.
>>
>>339898091
The urge to attempt something the studio hasn't done before, with a toolset that can't handle something new, so they followed most modern RPG titles instead.

The voice acted protagonist is the real fuck up. Whoever thought of that, I really don't know what to say about them, other than "what were they thinking?".
>>
>>339899658
>hasn't played 1 or 2

I respect him for admitting that, and still being so level-headed.
>>
>>339899783
Seriously how did those pollacks do it?
They made multi million game devs look like amateurs
Was it really slav magic?
>>
>>339899959

Not really. I got gifted this game recently, and all I did was explore. The story is so shitty I couldn't care less about it. After 20 hours of exploring I've dropped it, and gone back to 3 and NV though. Planning on replaying 2 soon as well.

4's only saving grace is the gunplay, but enemy AI is fucking terrible.
>>
>>339900010
Just vodka.

Nothing but vodka.
>>
>>339899959
Somewhat. The exploration in Fallout 4 is also pretty shit when you get down to it. Exploring areas is constantly ruined because they placed those chests at the end, like they did in Skyrim, which basically serve as your reward for completing the "dungeon". Every time I saw one of those trunks I'd realize that's the reward and there probably isn't much else to look for. And like 8/10 times that was the case. Also, many areas were dull and had much less environmental story telling.

Scavenging was improved by making all objects create materials for building and modding, but even then it's super easy to complete your settlement and guns within a few hours.
>>
>>339900001

His opinion is OKAY, but not great. He still likes shitty aspects like removal of skills for random magazines.

He's not as delusional as most Bethesdrones though.
>>
>>339899959
Same, I live in the boston area so it was fun to see what they would imagine it, to look like. The silver shroud and vault 81 were the only "story" parts I liked.
>>
>>339900168

Also, I wanna add that the world is fucking tiny, and there's nothing interesting outside of Dunwich Borers. Glowing Sea is alright, but still has nothing as good as the Borers.
>>
>>339900010
3 things
- Labor in Poland is cheaper than America and Japan
- They had a book series to base alot of the back story off of. its also a major part of Polish literature.
- They had gog money to help them push it out.

Bethesda and Konami are lead by Hacks, we have known this for awhile.
once their new CyberPunk game comes out we will know if cd projekt red are as well.
>>
This game was in development for what, 5-7 years?

Why does it feel so rushed from the start?
>>
>>339900010

>They made multi million game devs look like amateurs

>slav magic

You faggots are the fucking worst.

The Witcher 3 had a higher budget, larger dev team and longer development cycle than Fallout 4.

Have a look at the actual team size of Bethesda some time, everyone seems to assume they're some fucking ridiculously huge studio, they're not, and they're no where near that of other AAA western, or even slav devs.
>>
File: when EA shows up.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
when EA shows up.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
>>339899658

>16:00

what
the
actual
FUCK
>>
>>339899658
>hasn't played Fallout 1 OR 2
>has "over 9001" hours in skyrim
>hasn't finished the main quest of skyrim
>thinks he knows enough to actually have an argument as to why fallout 4 is shit

i mean its not hard to know why fallout 4 is shit but if you havn't got a clue about what made Fallout 1 & 2 great then your arguments are flawed
>>
They shat out a pretty awful story, fucked up the dialogue system, only barely brought the gameplay up to basic FPS standards, eliminated character building by throwing out skills and requirements for gear, put even less effort into environments than Skyrim, threw settlement building in as if it was a last minute addition, and packaged it all up in the hilarious buggy and unoptimized classic Bethesda way.

And I thought Skyrim was a mess. But looking back Skyrim at least had some great atmosphere and, while limited, interesting ways to build a character. But Fallout 4, goddamn. It's just a mess. To top it all off the engine is incredibly dated and it looks terrible even for Bethesda's standards. It's sad. It shows that Skyrim wasn't just a fluke and this is the direction they'll be going with their products.
>>
>>339900307
>Somewhat. The exploration in Fallout 4 is also pretty shit when you get down to it.

>15 minutes to get from on end of the map to the other

not even joking
>>
>>339899658

>doesn't know physic shit has been in Fallout before

But I agree, Mama Murphey is a fucking retarded character, and this game sucks.
>>
>>339901207
Not really. Fallout 4 is its own game and it's perfectly valid to argue that it's a bad game based on itself and the ones you've played. None of his arguments presuppose experience with 1/2.
>>
>>339901207

Not really. He explains well why 4 is shit.
>>
>>339901207

That makes no sense. They're completely different games.
>>
>>339901357
To be fair you can do that in a lot of games that claim to be open-world. What's important is what you do with that space, not how big it is. For example, Fallout New Vegas had a hilariously small world. Despite that I enjoyed exploring the areas, buildings, and caverns because of the environmental story telling and interesting shit to find.

Fallout 4 barely has any story to tell in the environments. Most of the time it's just some computer log that literally just tells you shipping supplies or something equally mundane about the old world. And the shit you find when exploring amounts to a trunk containing and assortment of drugs, gold/silver jewelry, some pipe weapon, and some ammo. That and all the junk lying on the ground to haul back for the pretty ass settlement system.
>>
>>339901819
>For example, Fallout New Vegas had a hilariously small world

It's so weird that it feels bigger than 4's world to me, yet 3 feels bigger than NV, but I'm pretty sure 4 is the biggest one yet.
>>
>>339901052

I'm so happy I disabled the MC's voice acting.
>>
>>339902189
It's all about how much time you spend in the individual environments. In Fallout 4 you go into a building, kill some enemies, find the obligatory red trunk containing your "loot", then you move on. In the other games you explore each and every room looking for worthwhile shit, naturally see the stuff that happened in the environment since you're exploring, and generally just spend more time looking around. Since there isn't just a big fat stop sign in the form of trunk containing your reward you look around more and environments feel bigger.

Also Fallout 3 had the subways which made up for a lot more space outside of just the map. Though the map itself was pretty big too. I remember the trek from Megaton to the Minefield being a bit of a walk, which was fun.
>>
The fact Nick is a synth and gets to live in Diamond City is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>339903290
I hate the game with a passion, but the explanation is legit you fucking shit
>>
voiced protagonist
>>
>>339903389

It really isn't. He saved the mayor's daughter. Nobody suspects it was all set up. People still hate and fear synths, but this one is okay because eh who cares.

Just as stupid as Maxson and the BoS not caring that Nick is literally in their flying fortress with you.

Oh, but it's okay because it's you haha. You can get us into the institute. We could easily take you prisoner to find out but nah fuck that.

Rails.
>>
>>339903685
Ya not like he did a lot of the people favors that proved he was a-okay.
>Just as stupid as Maxson and the BoS not caring that Nick is literally in their flying fortress with you.
The game sucks and this is irrelevant
>>
Instead of NV, this should've been a spin-off.

It's not a Fallout game, it's just a shooter with perks set in the Fallout world.
>>
>>339900010
They didn't.
TW3 has as much RPG elements as Fallout 4.
In fact, in Fallout 4 you can at least customize your appearance.
TW3 has as many RPG elements as GTA V.
>>
>>339903886

You keep saying the game sucks, but you're defending these gaping holes.

The people were still scared shitless of synths and realistically, Nick would've been out on his ass if this was a coherent game. But no, in this game he gets to hang around because the people of Diamond City are fucking idiots, which is why half of them are synths anyway.

And you're a fucking idiot for accepting this tripe backstory.
>>
>>339904032
Bait
>TW3 has as much RPG elements as Fallout 4.
False.
>in fact, in Fallout 4 you can at least customize your appearance.
Somehow Role-Playing doesn't count if your not original character
>TW3 has as many RPG elements as GTA V.
False

Fucking christ
>>
>>339899959
This is the same shit I did in FO3. Bethesda can't write to save their lives anymore but they at least make fun worlds to dick around in.
>>
>>339898091

They didn't respect the source material. They tried to attract a broader audience.

And it worked. They made a fuckton of monkey. There will never be a good Fallout game again.
>>
>>339904139
Black person saves your daughter
Give him place to call home, tell people to accept it
Becomes kind of like the detective slowly over time
People eventually accept him

Synths are black people
>>
File: what are synths.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
what are synths.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>339898091
Someone liked Wasteland Defense enough to make it a central part of the fucking game.

Voiced protagonist and bioware conversation wheel.

No consistency in lore.

Terrible writing and an idiotic plot.

Loose ends everywhere.

Perks are just flat percent upgrades again, being a stealth sniper is optimal.

More of a personal peeve, but the weapons are beyond idiotic. Shit animations, shit designs, a customization system that just has flat upgrades, legendary modifiers.
>>
>>339904456
If Bethesda doesn't get a new engine, more staff, and better writer after this games success, than its they are legitimately retarded
>>
how do people outside of /v/ feel about it?
>>
>>339904456
>Someone liked Wasteland Defense enough to make it a central part of the fucking game

It's worse than that. It's an entirely optional activity that has no baring on the main story at all.
>>
>>339904446

oh shit
>>
because it was fun up until a point

fallout 1 and 2 kept you interested by rewarding you for paying attention to your surroundings and checks, theres like 3 checks in fo4 and they're quick little quality of life checks like in NV and NONE change flow or dialogue

also because making a shitty sandbow and milking vault boy and nuka-cola imagery is easier than worldbuilding..or good dungeons..or not copypasting so much

really what bothers me is I've played random .esms with better dungeons and notes/adventure than all of fo4 offered and thats sad
>>
>>339904032
They're different kinds of RPG and neither tries to be like the other.
>>
>>339898091
they didnt. this is just the extent of bethesda. they cant make anything good to fuck it up in the first place.
>>
File: reps for jesus.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
reps for jesus.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
>>339899658

>that bit where Nick just whistles for Dogmeat

I found Dogmeat on my first playthrough, and my save corrupted half an hour later.

Made a new char and ignored Dogmeat, and that happened.

Dropped the game, got a refund. That was just the last straw. Wasn't even mad, just laughed and shook my head as it uninstalled.
>>
>>339899783
Why can't we ever like both?
>>
>>339905002

I dropped it when Railroad's super secret password was Railroad.
>>
File: fo4.png (164 KB, 352x994) Image search: [Google]
fo4.png
164 KB, 352x994
What happened? How did we get from Morrowind and Daggerfall to this?

Did they lose some important people along the way?

>Even the Koreans know that your choices are bullshit.
>>
>>339904203
Go ahead, tell me.
Is there something more to TW3 as an RPG than Fallout 4?
The dialogues are mostly pointless, there's no character customization besides cosmetics, and it's mostly about leveling up and getting better gear until you get Witcher gear.
>>
>>339905342
>What happened? How did we get from Morrowind and Daggerfall to this?

$ $ $ $
>>
>>339899658

This guy is absolutely right. The game is not an RPG at all.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (14 KB, 268x166) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
14 KB, 268x166
Not giving a fuck.
>>
Can't wait for the DLC that reveals you're a synth, or the antagonist ends up being a synth version of your wife/husband.
>>
>>339905790
>look at what a faggot I am everyone!
>>
>>339905896
read above.
>>
>>339899658

>whole point of the institute taking shaun is that they wanted someone with zero radiation
>get radiation swoop through you at the beginning of the game

bravo bethesda
>>
>>339905790
>post game time
>I-I don't give a fuck

If you didn't give a fuck you wouldn't've said anything, faggot.
>>
>>339905937
>inadvertently giving a fuck by posting
>>
>>339906142
>>339906129
all these salt.
>>
>>339905790

Wow, congratulations, you put a lot of time into a terrible game. Good job giving a fuck by the way.
>>
File: crips.jpg (9 KB, 189x292) Image search: [Google]
crips.jpg
9 KB, 189x292
>>339906246

>correcting your error
>salt
>>
>>339900010
Witcher 3 cost 81 million to make and market dumbfuck
>>
>>339905790

do you want a cookie or something
>>
>>339898091
People seem to forget that Fallout 3 was also a horrible fucking game. Fallout 4 shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.
>>
File: 1310064273268.gif (739 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
1310064273268.gif
739 KB, 144x144
I was really hoping the game was good... and I find some parts okay, I mean, some of the guns feel really good, but the rest of it seems so...
I guess railroaded is the best term.
I was kinda shocked with how much of the roleplay aspect they take away from you in F4 compared to the others. I mean, even F3, which I still don't really like too much, at least keeps certain things under wraps so that, when you come out of the vault, you can reliable be what you wanna be. F4 just takes that all away. Kid named Shaun, having a kid in the first place, having a wife/husband (insanely surprised at that given I thought Beth loved the whole "social justice" shtick you'd think they'd realize that some people are gay and would want to play as a gay character). I mean it honestly just takes me out of the whole experience of a Fallout game when I can't even be myself in it... that's the whole reason I've loved the rest of the series.
>>
>>339906338
>>339906427

Not expecting cookie but have you guys ever thought people play it not because its "fallout" ?
I mean i spend 1k hours fucking around just like ive wasted brazillion hours in UT99 decade ago.

Ive just posted a pict and the autism shows everywhere.
>>
>>339906457

Only people surprised were people who liked 3.

I actually hoped for something close to NV, but nope.

I didn't pay for the game anyway, so I don't really care.
>>
>>339906609

It isn't "Fallout" though.

The only autistic one here is you.
>>
>>339899853
Go back to tumblr, cuck
>>
>>339906609

People just played it because they're idiots who are perfectly happy with a shallow shooter.

IE; you. It's fucking sad that you're actually so proud of wasting 1000 hours with such a shallow and broken game. Not you're calling OTHER people autists. Nice projection.
>>
>>339906704
well im not playing it cuz its fallout though.
Ive given up the idea and hope of fallout since before 3 was release. How old are you guys anyway, cuz you sound fresh still holding on a gripe.
>>
>>339906881

>asking people how old they are
>cuz
>cuz

>trying to pretend you're an old school fan from the old days

You're not fooling anyone, and you're stumbling all over yourself.
>>
File: Cheeseburger Walrus.jpg (44 KB, 495x451) Image search: [Google]
Cheeseburger Walrus.jpg
44 KB, 495x451
>>339906881
>Ive given up the idea and hope of fallout since before 3 was release
>yet I've spent 1000 hours on this abomination

MAKES SENSE
>>
>>339899658

I'm glad normies like this are finally starting to see Bethesda's bullshit, but he still lets them off with a lot.
>>
>>339907265
Normies don't make youtube videos analyzing videogames.
>>
>>339907328

yes they fucking do
>>
>>339907367
No they don't.
Normies play the game once and forget about it as they keep playing whatever flavor of the year came out.
>>
>>339907328

obviously they do

look at this guy's taste

he's a complete normie pleb

a lot of reddit normies do this too
>>
>>339907462
Him being a casual doesn't mean he's a normie.
Normies don't spend free time making videos of these games.
They play them once, and they are done with it.
>>
>>339907417

Markiplier has done reviews.

He's normie as fuck. Normies do review videos too nowadays. Look at people like Angry Joe too.
>>
>>339907547
Sure, some make a living out of it, but they are known because not many people do.
If you really think every normie out there wastes his time making videos about games you should go out more and meet some people.
>>
>>339907535

If you say so. I'm not going to argue about a stupid made up term's definition with you. Let's just agree that he's a pleb.
>>
They thought the market they already had with
FO4 and Skyrim wasn't enough, so they decided to lose alot of long term fans for nothing because everyone who was interested already was.
>>
They put the game in a position where the DLC was the only thing that could possibly save it, probably to sell season passes

Then they released the most heartless, drivel DLC for a RPG ever.
>>
>>339907462
Shove in more buzzwords, you are not trying hard enough to fit in.
>>
>>339907617
>>339907696

t. normie
>>
>>339907265
were you not around for the whole shitstorm surrounding the game since announcement through a few weeks after launch

people were fucking furious at the lack of quality or consistency they show with the game
>>
>>339907735

A few people were. Only a few.
>>
>>339907735
>people were fucking furious at the lack of quality or consistency they show with the game
You mean neckbeards on /v/ and a bunch of people on twitter?

It's something I see a lot in here.
People completely disconnected of the real world that really think the consensus around these places is what the majority thinks, when the vast majority of people who buy videogames don't even discuss them on the internet.
>>
My biggest gripe is how clean and smooth ghouls and super mutants looked.
>>
>>339907834
I doubt the populus of /v/ is shitposting furiously in youtube comment sections and subreddits/gaming forums about how fallout 4 is shit
>>
>>339907834

god could you sound like more of a normie
>>
>>339908040
Probably because the people this game catters to, AKA, the reason why it sold so much, is because of all those casuals who don't even discuss videogames on the internet.
>>
>>339908114
>god could you sound like more of a normie

Exactly, that's how normies sound, because that's how normies are.
They are incredibly easy to satisfy.
Why do you think smartphone garbage is so succesful?
>>
>>339899658

>kid in the fridge

Exactly the time I seriously stopped playing the game. Uninstalled and got a refund from JB.
>>
>>339908117

this

they buy it

they play it

they love it and leave it then wait for the next madden

this is who bethsda is catering to
>>
>>339908117
This.
You really think all those people complaining on twitter about the Jet retcon are normies?

Someone please post that compilation of people saying
>WOW FALLOUT 3 SAVED THE FRANCHISE WTF IS THIS SHIT
in Youtube comment sections of Fallout 1 and 2 videos.

Those are normies, those are the people these games are made for.
>>
They made Piper simultaneously the most sexually accessible and most psychologically malleable girl in the game.
>>
>>339908810
Nothing wrong with that tho.
>>
>>339908887
From what I understand she's really open to all sorts of relationships with the main character and has literally 100% freedom to express herself psychologically and emotionally, which turned a lot of players on, while ingeniously capitulating on what those things meant, so she just became another stoic journalist/reporter, instead of a woman's rights character.
>>
>>339899658

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ1gyIzg78

superior video
>>
>>339899658
What a whiny twat

>Hurr why cant you search for more info on Danse being a synth even though you have definitive proof already
>>
>>339898091
They advertise it as an RPG, but its not. Its just an open world shoot and loot game with inconsequential dialogue choices.
>>
>>339909363
>definitive proof

u wot
>>
>>339909423
Are you talking about Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3?
>>
>>339909834

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrPxWg8JFlg
>>
>>339909834
Choices matter in TW3.
>>
>>339899658
>This is not a review, but an analysis.
No offense, and I know why people would rather have shorter more streamlined reviews. But I don't think this is what a review SHOULD be. If all reviews came out like this for games upon their release people would have a much better understanding of whether or not the game is good. They could still have spoiler vs. non-spoiler versions of these too.
>>
>>339901458
Psykers in 1, 2, and New Vegas had their own backstory as to how they have their powers, generally from FEV.
But in 3 and 4 they just exist for no reason and with no explanation, just yet another example of Bethesda not knowing shit about Fallout lore.
>>
They didnt it was all part of the plan
>>
File: Shinobu-nise.jpg (11 KB, 270x152) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu-nise.jpg
11 KB, 270x152
>>339899658
>84 minutes
>>
Anyone who hasn't completed the main story on survival really has no right to critique the gameplay.

Until you're forced to utilize everything the game has in order to beat it, your opinion is shit.
>>
File: 1449953456867.png (453 KB, 1211x1255) Image search: [Google]
1449953456867.png
453 KB, 1211x1255
Gee I wonder if Bethesda gave themselves a bonus or not.
>>
>>339910601
Game isn't stable enough to have saving restricted to beds.
>>
>>339910681

Fuck are you talking about? I've got 50 mods installed and haven't crashed at all after installing LOOT

Maybe you're retarded and can't read readmes or descriptions? That's not the game's fault.
>>
File: 1464988439887.png (18 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
1464988439887.png
18 KB, 174x231
>>339910605
>5.4
>>
>>339910760
I haven't used any mods, the game just glitches the fuck out frequently and then an hour or more of gameplay is lost. That is Bethesda's fault.
>>
>>339910605
Console version is higher.
>>
>>339910976
It's actually not. If that's happening to you then you're having some kind of hardware failure or your computer doesn't meet the requirements.
>>
>>339910976
Works for me just fine. Im on PS4 if it helps.
>>
>>339910987
>Consolefags are happy to eat shit
Well duh.
>>
>>339910454

it's okay I wouldn't expect an anime faggot to have a decent attention span
>>
>>339911039
I play on PS4.
>>
>>339911098
>console

Found your problem.

>actually blaming Bethesda for your idiot choice of hardware

I'm done with you, you may go. I don't talk to retards.
>>
>>339911171
they put out a product and it doesn't work as advertised. It is their fault.
>>
>>339898091
fallout 4 ramrodded you into playing a certain way.

the least they couldve done is make an rpg instead of a shooter. if i wanted to roleplay in a certain way i couldnt because i was told to find shaun. think about it, what if i wanted to roleplay

>a guy who has a failed marriage
>a guy going through a divorce
>a guy whos son isnt his
>a war veteran who has really bad ptsd
>a complete cunt
>a drug addict

i cant play any of those because fo4 wants me to be a loving dad in the 50s. what they could have done is subtly segued you into shit. maybe at the beginning you said fuck your wife and kid and went off to the wasteland. then maybe the dude who shot your wife tries to kill you and it becomes a revenge story. maybe you meet a dying synth and they send you on a mysterious journey. maybe you meet some raiders and they take you in after witnessing you do something shitty. maybe you meet a group of paladins and help them kill muties and they advise you to join them.

instead of this we have the shitty story of a man hell bent on finding his son. he has to meet the black dude whos the minuteman frontman, he has to go to diamond city to pick up clues to find shaun, he has to find the guy who shot his wife.

i dont want this in an RPG. give me some fucking freedom. then they go balls to the wall with the stupid VA'd protag and there is no freedom at all. you say the exact same things in the dialogue wheel, sometimes verbatim, for different choices. also (sarcasm) should never be implemented again and whoever came up with that should be lynched.

id rather go back and play fallout 3 than this and i cant even complete 3 since the last quest bugs out. fuck bethesda, and fuck fallout, it died with FNV. bury it
>>
>>339910967
>GamerGate reviewbombing another game

wow, its nothing
>>
>>339911171
Nigger
>>
>>339911569
You can't be this retarded.
>>
>>339911552
But that's like all the other Fallout games. What if I don't want to be a vault dweller looking for dad or a courier who founded the divide or another Vault dweller looking for a water chip
>>
File: 1464879552562.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464879552562.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>>339910605
This and them losing almost every single award to the slavs will never stop being funny to me.
>>
>>339906809
>>>/pol/
>>
>>339911552
>he has to meet the black dude whos the minuteman frontman, he has to go to diamond city to pick up clues to find shaun,

But that wrong. You dont have to save the minutemen at all, its optional. I did a playthrough where the Minutemen don't exist in my game. You don't even have to go to Diamond City if you don't want to you can just stumble upon Nick randomly
>>
File: 1461549036495.jpg (197 KB, 1013x1218) Image search: [Google]
1461549036495.jpg
197 KB, 1013x1218
>>339911689
>But that's like all the other Fallout games
No it's not you shit-eating Bethesdrone.
>>
File: 11.jpg (22 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
22 KB, 375x305
>Preston Garvey and his group have lived in the wasteland for their entire lives
>you woke up into it an hour ago
>they make you their leader because you know how to make beds
>>
>>339911689
You didn't found the divide, all you did was carry letters and whatever people sent there line any other courier job.

Looking for the water chip was a matter of survival, if something broke down in your house would you let it stay broken or go fix it? Not to mention that you could ignore it and there would be consequences for such action.
>>
>>339911749
what awards do witcher fans keep bringing up?

I hope it's not the vgas because it would be sad if someone care about those the minute it helps prove an argument. I thought people generally agree that awards are meaningless
>>
>>339911689
the courier doesnt have to find benny, the vault dweller doesnt necessarily have to find the water chip, fuck fo3, and the chosen one doesnt have to save his tribe.

you can go and do anything, in fo1 theres the time limit and that sucks but you can still not choose to pick certain dialogue options that have nothing to do the questline,

the chosen one can go become a pornstar and made man, the courier can go fuck off and do courier shit, the vault dweller can go experience the wasteland.

the problem with fo4 is there is no choice. the dialogue wheel makes sure that you have to stay on the main story. its like if skyrims beginning happened and you had to talk to the jarl of whiterun. in skyrim you can go fuck off and say "fuck dragons im not even supposed to be caught up in this shit, i wanted to visit the college of winterhold, or im a bandit and heard of the thieves guild out here" those games at least gave you options, fo4 doesnt.
>>
>>339912028
*like any other
>>
>>339912062
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

Take your pick, you have 250 to choose.
>>
>>339911957
What does that have to do with playing a character with a set background?
>>
>>339912202
options
>>
>>339911957
>No (Yes)
Don't know why this makes me laugh so hard, its true though.
>>
>>339912202
It's an example of Fallout 4 railroading you and not being an RPG.
>B-BUT IN NEW VEGAS YOU WERE A COURIER
That's not even comparable to Fallout 4 pre-determining you as a pre-war dad with a wife and kid, who's name is already chosen for you (Nate and Nora Everdeen), the dad who was ex-military and wife a lawyer. Then your family who are from Sanctuary Hills get rushed to Vault 111 and frozen, while you watch you spouse die and son kidnapped, and then you're forced to go find "MUH SON, MY ITTY BITTY BABY BOI HAVE U SEEN HIM I MISS HIM SO ;_;"
>>
>>339911957
>forgetting the Sarcastic (Yes) option

That's three dialogue choices there anon!
>>
>>339912184
>a bunch of literal who awards
>>
File: 1458131570024.png (545 KB, 571x682) Image search: [Google]
1458131570024.png
545 KB, 571x682
>>339912426
>You face right now
>>
>>339912426
>moving the goalposts

You'd hoped it was not the vgas and I said it wasn't.
>>
File: 8901876].jpg (22 KB, 400x377) Image search: [Google]
8901876].jpg
22 KB, 400x377
Whats going on in this thread?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 277x182
>all this salt from New Vegas and Witcher fanboys

We have this thread every day because apparently some people can't let it go. Almost as sad as those daily New Vegas threads where people post the same pictures and posts everyday clinging to their dead game.
>>
>>339912202
think about it. so youre a courier, what kind of courier?

were you
>a smart courier who used energy weapons
>a sly courier who talked his way out of shit
>a rootin tootin cowboy in the wild wild west
>some sap who barely made by
>a joe schmoe who just ran shit for money

many options are available, and youre not hamfisted into being a courier hellbent on revenge
>>
>>339905438
A story that has more than 2 binary endings, and a world with rich lore where every quest has multiple potential outcomes many of which actually lead into the over-all outcome of the game itself? Far superior writing and world building? More ability to choose the kind of responses rather than being forced to do the exact same task. fuck even the newest expansion pack had multiple branching paths
>>
>>339912761
>all combat related

such diversity
>>
>>339911689
>a courier who founded the divide
All the courier did was deliver shit to and from the divide. All the "this is your home" bullshit is a metaphor about how the work of a courier can build a nation.
>>
>>339913126
>2/5
>all combat related

you forgot to take your brain pills didnt you?
>>
>Finish Fallout 4

Absolutely 0 replay value. I could never play this game again and feel nothing.
>>
>>339913126
only 2 of those were combat related.
Try not being illiterate.
>>
> a bunch of posts saying you can't say no
> Preston asks me to become a leader of the Minutemen and I say no he looks sad and I just walk away

>people saying quests only have one solution
>once you find out who the mole for institute is you can turn them in or frame someone else, kill them, kill their family, etc

I don't get it
>>
>new vegas, a side line title is more connected with the previous main line titles than f3 and f4 are

Bothers me plenty
>>
>>339913424
The fact that you can literally only provide one example for both sort of proves the point. While in New Vegas, every quest had more than one solution, and there was always a non-violent route, Fallout 4 has maybe only 3 quests that are actually close to New Vegas' level of complexity. The vast majority is just "Go here and clear out raiders/mutants/ghouls"
And 90% of time you either can't say no, or saying no literally actually leads to you saying yes.
>>
Why doesn't my BoS Sentinel ever mention his status to anyone outside of the BoS? Considering that they're trying to establish good relations with the Commonwealth people, seems like it would be relevant.
Also doesn't make one lick of sense that you can take Hancock, Strong, and Nick onto the Prydwen. They would never allow abominations to get that close to Elder Maxson.
>>
fallout had the setup of your character to be an agent of change, not a savior. Then comes fallout 4 and you become the leader of every major organisation just like skyrim
>>
>>339898091

Gimped dialogue to facilitate the MC having a voice actor

Gameplay is still an FPS with an easymode button

Overpowered shit like McCready's headshot perk further ruining the threat of any danger whatsoever in combat

other stuff, i'm losing interest
>>
>>339913557
To be fair New Vegas was trying to ape nostalgia. It didn't have the confidence to stand on its own and do its own thing like 3 and 4 do so It resorted to stealing ideas from Black Isle, which I find kind of offensive. I like how Bethesda decided to make their own East Coast and leave the West Coast alone out of respect. As a fan of the first two games I treat New Vegas as fanfiction
>>
>>339911171
I can feel how euphoric you are from here.
Try not to crumple your fedora.
>>
>>339914132
That's a pretty good one anon, mind if I save it?
>>
>>339914132

I dont know. I really like how nv took its risks with the lore and setting so it wasnt just tiptoeing around it and rather expanding on it. It was wacky done with a straight face. New vegas was mention before in the previous games as another area with surviving humans so it was actually nice to see them finally expand on it. I wouldnt have minded fallout 3 and 4 in the east coast since it did its seperate thing and they did add in new flavor to the old series but alot of it was "hey remember super mutants? Well here you go, super mutants at the same level as raiders, btw raiders are just random mad max enemy fodder now. Be sure to ignore all their origins!"
>>
>>339898091
They already has cultish fanbase that will buy the game because 'its muh modern culture', heck even the coca cola manage to create santa claus
>>
I'm starting a new game which build should I go for: melee or unarmed?
>>
>>339912827
>every quest has multiple potential outcomes many of which actually lead into the over-all outcome of the game itself?

Not really.

TW3 is just Geralt doing favors so he can keep making favors.
>>
>>339915871
refund build
>>
>>339915871

Do you like buckshot punches? Really though, throwing run seems the most fun so my vote is that
>>
>>339898091
My biggest issue is the post-game. Once you finish the main questline it's over. There is NOTHING to do, because you've likely done all of the side quests, and if you played it recently, the DLC too. Once you destroy the Institute/BoS/Railroad and get the ending screen the plot just ends. At that point Bethesda basically just says fuck you, go dick around with the settlement system or clear out that place you've been to 50 times before. For a game that has been in development for around 7 years it's honestly pathetic
>>
>>339916142
cool, thanks
>>
>>339916540

Most of the fun from throwing runs is that you have a massively limited supply compared to the other weapon types so wandering is alot more focused about ammo counting so you arent a complete killing machine all the time
>>
>>339898091

Todd's ego.

You can just see the look on his face at the VGAs, he's so ready to win the award and then you can hear his internal screams when they call out Witcher 3, I bet he went home that night and read out his acceptance speech a dozen times while getting progressively drunker on red wine before he tore it up in a fit of rage.
>>
>>339917301

I hope so. I want him to regret his sin of a game even just a little, but i know it wont happen
>>
Anyone find Fallout 4 to be boring? I mean it was not bad, it was just filled with tons of mediocre content.

I can't remember a single moment in the game where I felt, "oh this is awesome".

I hope they don't fuck up TESVI, I actually liked Skyrim, but Fallout 4 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>339898091
>nuclear warfare
>make it to vault
>spouse shot in face
>baby stolen by spouse's killers
>everyone in vault is dead
>giant bugs holy shit
>find a gun in a locked case
>SWEET! COMING BACK FOR YOU LATER XD
>>
>>339911098
>>339911171
Never had a problem on my Xbox (:
I'm probably alone in this, but I have been having a blast on my new character in survival. Went with 10 charisma and the pacify people skill so every engagement doesn't have to end in mass murder. Sneaking around avoid most conflicts is pretty fun. Considering the far harbor dlc; any play it? How is it exploration wise? Don't care about the story so much
>>
>>339905438
>faggots still think character customization is a must have for an RPG
>>
>>339920031
So the only thing resembling RPGs is looting and getting better gear?
>>
>>339918157
I stopped playing about two and a half hours in before I even reached diamond city
>>
>>339920090
And skills and talents and ROLE PLAYING AS A CHARACTER, ABLE TO MAKE DECISIONS THAT AFFECT THE STORY. You know, Role Playing Game.
>>
>>339920178
But the choices you make have as much effect as Fallout 4 choices.
>>
are there any overhaul mods that can make this game playable to someone that prefers the 1, 2, nv portion of the series?
>>
>>339920220
In fallout 4, you usually don't even have a choice with dialogue. I'm not going to go into the classic bloody baron example to blow you out of the water, but seriously Fallout 4 has NO choices.
>>
>>339920336
You have the choice at the end, of which side to choose.
TW3 doesn't have any meaningful choice either.
If TW3 is an RPG, so is GTA V.
>>
>>339920392
I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are. I must assume you are shitposting, hell there are three distinct endings just for Ciri.
>>
>>339909123
>rest of the guy's channel

It's weird how he can be so right about one matter and then just go full retard on everything else
>>
>>339901730
Yeah, and knowing HOW they're different is probably important to understanding WHY they're different.
>>
File: 8a5.png (160 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
8a5.png
160 KB, 420x420
>tfw not getting the hate
>tfw played out every ending
>tfw building a 9 story tower and fill it with loot
>tfw when building a giant wall around settlement
>tfw when getting attacked by 6 super mutants
>tfw when not giving a fuck and building more towers and bigger settlements
>tfw you actually really like Fallout 4 but hated 3 and New Vegas
>tfw everybody on /v/ hates me now
>tfw when I don't care about the minds on /v/

Feels good actually, I hope you guys can enjoy games like me. Every game has flaws and if the only thing you do is focus on the flaws you will never truly enjoy a game.
>>
>>339920669
Can't account for taste.
>>
>>339920669
>every game has flaws
and it's good to point them out.
you enjoyed the game? great, good for you.
but lots of people didn't, and point out the flaws so that MAYBE (it'll never happen) next time bethesda doesn't release a half assed product.
the shooting was decent, i guess.
>>
I can't believe what they did to the non-feral ghouls. They looked so much better and had better voices in FO3 and NV.

They turned them into hairless, penis wrinkle faced people with regular voices.
>>
>>339920392
>If TW3 is an RPG, so is GTA V.
>so is GTA V.

This can only be bait.
>>
It's ok with mods, like any Bethesda game

Literally a diamond inside a turd that need cleaning and polishing
>>
>>339920831
I think the reason I liked it so much is not because there was a story in there. It's because I got the freedom to do whatever I wanted to do. I could pick up every little item, I could create my own character, weapons and armor and build my own house, and choose how I wanted to end the story. That's what I liked.
>>
>>339920669

>i dont care so much that i took precious time to write out this post telling you how much i dont
>LOOK AT HOW MUCH I DONT CARE
>>
>>339920392
>GTA V has more choices than fallout 4
Wowzers I never even thought about it. You can choose two ways to do every heist, choose your crew, choose to help your family when they call, choose to go to therapy or not, 3 different choice endings, choose to bang hookers and/or murder them, multiple missions with various ways to go about doing them, and you can choose whether or not to be a murdering psychopath the entire time. Never played the witcher because that's some major nerd shit, so can't speak for that.
>>
>>339913424
>> a bunch of posts saying you can't say no
>> Preston asks me to become a leader of the Minutemen and I say no he looks sad and I just walk away

That is not more than one solution for the quest. That is just turning it down and not playing it at all. A real alternate solution is joining a group that is their antagonist.
>>
>>339920831
>Pointing out in /v/
>hope beth listen

Shit, the autism is real.
>>
>>339921052
You're major nerd shit you fucking geek.
>>
>>339921196
>hey you heard about those minute men guys going around helping ANYONE that asks for it?
>let's fuckin kill em
Did you really want another ceasers legion? Isn't the institute against them?
>>
>>339920669
I'm sorry to say this, anon, but you have objectively poor taste.

It's because of people like you that companies get away with half-assed products.
>>
>>339920178
Even in call of duty I can roleplay as a several characters. Decisions don't affect shit until the end of the game.
>>
>>339898091
>fuck up

because they don't feel like making rpgs anymore, this should've been apparent after skyrim.
>>
File: 1435838013126.gif (27 KB, 820x820) Image search: [Google]
1435838013126.gif
27 KB, 820x820
>>339901052
kill me
>>
>>339899783
Eh, I don't think W3 and F4 were really aiming for the same kind of experience or audience, but I think W3 pretty much showed up the entire "open world RPG" deal that you don't have to sacrifice good story and characters in the process.
>>
>>339921541

To be fair, dense rpgs, as in rpgs with alot of story, content, worldbuilding, customisation, etc take too much dedication and time to fully enjoy and alot of effort to make. To they went with the style of a game that you can jump in and out easily at the cost of that density and the same time save on cost and time. Its a sad era
>>
>>339921496
Oh hey, you didn't play The Witcher then. Neato.
>>
>>339920669
Well yeah, Skyrim was probably your first RPG
>>
Witcher 3 is an RPG

You've got WAY more dialogue options and multiple outcomes in a majority of quests.

Character stats, in-depth skill trees and build-making qualities.

Fallout 4 has just got SPECIAL which only goes to 10 and one perk for each of those 10. that's it. A few major quests have multiple outcomes but mainly just whichever faction you decided to join.

They both have fairly comparably crafting and gear systems so I'll give you that, they have some similarities
>>
>>339922204
>Witcher 3 is an RPG

Oh yeah? Well you can't make your character!
>>
>>339921496
Wow man

Pretty much every sidequest has multiple options.

Here, I'll list one side quest I just did

>there is a forest spirit killing hunters

>do I just go in and fight the forest spirit
>Or I could Kill an innocent villager who has been marked by the spirit, weakining it
>or I could banish the villager, weakening it less but sparing her life

>or I could go into the forest and leave offerings for it, resolving it semi-peacefully
>>
>>339922352
Here's another good example

>save a man from a monster at the beginning of the game, or refuse to help him and leave him to die

>roughly 30 hours later, encounter the man again. He has become a bandit, preying on the innocent. If I saved him, he thanks me and gives me money, which I can refuse and fight him.

>if I left him to die, he is angry and attacks me with a powerful group of his soldiers
>>
>>339922529
That sounds like a random encounter in FO4. You meat a dog to you can help and if you do he shows up later to help you out
>>
>>339923045
You're gonna need better bait than that
>>
Fallout 4 is an rpg lite. There are quests where you choices matter, there are also some quests with multiple outcomes depending on your choice. But in some quests, the game gives you the illusion of choice and the outcome is always the same, mainly radiant quests and some side quests.

>Yes
>Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>No (Yes)
>>
>>339923835
No (yes) is more like

"Fuck you! ... But ok."

In Bethesda's mind, saying no means leaving dialougue, walking away, and ignoring the quest forever
>>
File: 1462904155542.png (55 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
1462904155542.png
55 KB, 455x451
>>339901052
who thought this was okay

this is not okay
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.