[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey you! Yeah you! Got a horror game idea? Well, this is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: horror-forest-740x355[1].jpg (32 KB, 740x355) Image search: [Google]
horror-forest-740x355[1].jpg
32 KB, 740x355
Hey you! Yeah you! Got a horror game idea? Well, this is the thread for you! Post your spookiest ideas!
>>
survival horror driving game
>>
>>339895423
No jumpscares. I know, it's crazy.
>>
You play as a demonical monster that prays on a small medieval village and the surrounding countryside.
You start off weak and are allergic to fire, silver and daylight, but during night you stalk the shadows in order to snatch babes from their cribs so that you may feast upon their life force and grow stronger and more resourceful in your hunt. This of course alerts the townspeople, who grow ever more paranoid towards one another resulting in lynching and witch burnings, but eventually they'll catch on (quicker if you aren't careful and let yourself be seen) and will band together in pursuit of your lair during daytime (forcing you to think strategically where to hide from sunlight while having to plan out new lairs to throw them off track), and their patrols and traps provide more challenge for you during night as time moves on, especially after church authorities are informed and holy warriors come to the peasants aid.
Horror comes from being weak and hunted, and from the fucked up things the player is motivated to do in order to survive and thrive.
>>
trump gets elected
>>
Wartorn country where you are trying to escape from a massacre, you have no weapons and your only options is to hide and survive.
>>
File: Horror Game.png (2 MB, 1364x1672) Image search: [Google]
Horror Game.png
2 MB, 1364x1672
>>339897958
I've wanted something like that for a while.
There's no scarier horror really than you those closest to you being on the wrong end of a genocide.
>>
>game is about PC players porting bloodborne
>played in a house like P.T
>its dark
>sonynggrs with golden faces are trying to catch you
>if they do they scream NEVER EVER with a copy of BB on PS4
>>
you play as a guy who starts browsing an >>>/x/ like site out of boredom but slowly grows more paranoid as weird shit starts happening in his house at night
>>
>>339895423
You play as a teenage lad in a mad world. Gynocentrism has reached an all new high. Men are placed in camps and castrated with the a selected few chosen being allowed to keep their manhood for sperm harvesting.

Men are viewed as vermin.

It's basically a survival horror but one of those ones where half way through the main character realises wait a minute, punchy punchy shootey shootey. Game over.

AKA Feminism: the game.
>>
Quake but with extremity limited ammo, and the lighting is even darker.
>>
At this point, I feel like the next truly groundbreaking horror game will need to break the mold somehow. The mold being that the protagonist and playing character is isolated, alone etc. Too many games rely on that for fear.

Something like >>339895509 in the vein of Euro Truck Simulator might be cool. Like you drive alone at night, make pit stops, stop at gas stations and dive bars and can actually have tone of NPCs to interact with including hitch-hikers and such. There needs to be a very well written story to tie everything together though.

Last good horror game I played was Until Dawn. It's not scary, and not really horror in the sense games normally are, but it was the right balance of non-isolation and horror I am talking about.
>>
File: You-Are-Here.jpg (487 KB, 1595x942) Image search: [Google]
You-Are-Here.jpg
487 KB, 1595x942
You Are Here / Mall planet / BLING BLONG, I'm too lazy to look in the archives
>>
>>339900064
Quake coop on darkplaces engine is like this
>>
>>339901163
Last time I played Darkplaces the game was pretty bright, been on Quakespasm for a while and it's pretty moody.

What difficulty and how many players by the way?
>>
>>339897660
This as a telltale style game would be great, even if you aren't the monster.
The only problem I see is a lack of replayability.
>>
>>339901749
3 players, hard, game didn't spawn enough ammo because coop does not account for several players
I remember it being pretty dark
>>
>>339898224
fund it
>>
File: vampyr-08.jpg (177 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
vampyr-08.jpg
177 KB, 1366x768
>>339897660
>>
File: _.jpg (42 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
42 KB, 704x396
>>339898618
>you can upgrade your house with mods and traps
>>
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 1100x744) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 1100x744
I like the idea of a horror game that takes place in a typically non-horror setting and that uses enemies that aren't normally used in horror. Some of the unused Bioshock Infinite concept art gave me an idea for a horror game.
>Takes place in alternate history setting, early 1900s in fictional European country
>Invasion of creepy-looking automaton soldiers like in the picture out of nowhere
>Robots have pretty much wiped out the military, and you play as a farmer who has teamed up with other civillians to form a desperate resistance
>Game is about trying to survive the invasion, as well as trying to figure out what country is behind the attack (if there even is one)
>Alien: Isolation style stealth game with shooting elements, but set in 1900s farmlands instead of on a spaceship

>>339901014
>Someone else remembers those threads
Sexy.
>>
File: found in an abandoned hospital.png (1 MB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
found in an abandoned hospital.png
1 MB, 1000x750
>>339901014
I love stuff like this.
>>
>>339903580
Most of your description fits Sir You Are Being Hunted
>>
>>339901014
Those were fine threads
>>
>>339903757
>>339903713
>>339901014
Tell me more holy fuck
>>
>>339895423
A game where there's a short day phase where you play as a NEET struggling with social anxiety. During the night/dream phase, the NEET deals with LSD-like nightmares that change based on what he has been doing. As the game goes on, he begins hallucinating and the line between the phases blurs.
>>
>>339904070
Not much to tell, though I used to have an entire notepad saved of "Abandoned" threads on my old HDD.
Mods used to let it slide, because they were neat, hell, we even had Deep Sea threads.

But, they'd be threads from anything from abandoned malls to houses to hospitals and a neat one of an abandoned cement factory out in Bumfuck Nowhere, Wyoming.
>>
File: 1462806165037.jpg (36 KB, 650x520) Image search: [Google]
1462806165037.jpg
36 KB, 650x520
>>339895423
It's an adventure+visual novel game.
>play as a 20-something man in some regular looking home
>you wake up everyday in the afternoon after spending the night doing god knows what
>you try to remember what you did but can never remember
>once the sun goes down and the moon rises, you do that activity again
>you always vow to remember it when you wake up the next day
>you never can
>throughout the game you spend your time trying to get your shit together before night comes
>making choices and going places to get shit
>every afternoon-evening you slowly remember what you're doing at night
>on the last day you find out
>you decide to finally clean the mirror in your nasty fucking bathroom
>you're god damn ugly with pimples, a pedo-stache and a poor excuse for facial in general
>you realise you've never changed your clothes throughout the whole game's length
>just sweatpants and some gaming shirt with stains and semen on it
>just then it hits you
>you spend your whole nights shitposting on a chinese cartoon site
>your whole time spent in the afternoon and evening is wasted as it ends up just arguing over petty crap with other losers
>as the night finally falls you uncontrollably go to your PC
>you turn on and type in the URL
>/v/, /a/, /g/, what-have-you pops up
>not only that a giant banner is displayed
>much larger than normal
>don't forget: you're here forever
>the screen fades to black
>you think the game ended
>but then you see your reflection in the monitor
>the game never ends, anon
>beep
>>
>>339895509
Been done, it's a hitchhiker style game
>>
>>339897660
This is actually fuckin brilliant. FUND IT!
>>
>>339904070
Just dig through archives with said keywords, find the oldest thread
>>
>>339904070
From what I remember, /v/ was collectively brainstorming ideas for a mall-themed horror game. The idea was that you're in some sort of neverending mall (or a planetoid that has been converted into a giant mall, they couldn't agree on which), and you're completely alone in this abandoned place. The goal was to find a way to escape, and as you explore, strange things begin happening. Loudspeaker announcements that make no sense, things moving from where you left them, stores with weird/disturbing products on the shelves. I even remember somebody made a vocaroo of relaxing mall music , with horrifying screaming mixed in. In general they were fun threads to read, there were a bunch of other interesting ideas that I couldn't remember, too.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.