[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suikoden on Steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: IgszqyH.png (177 KB, 554x502) Image search: [Google]
IgszqyH.png
177 KB, 554x502
Konami actually showing signs of humanity.

June 3rd is Suikoden Revival's steam campaign day and there's still a few hours left in the day for some of us. Show some support to Konami if you like the idea of playing Suikoden games on PC.
>>
Even though I like Suikoden, I would rather see all the MGS and 2D Castlevanias come to steam before Suikoden.
>>
I'd rather see Suikoden V since that hasn't seen a re-release on anything yet.
>>
>>339893279
how much effort does it even take to put these on steam?
>>
>it's a movement
A bowel movement
>>
PCucks can emulate them though.
>>
>>339893658
This.
What's the fucking point?
>>
>>339893574
He's the angriest gamer you ever heaaaard
>>
every single suikoden game can be emulated and none of them have any real problems
>>
>>339893259
Just get a PS3 if you want to play MGS holy fuck
>>
>>339893110

I would love to see any of the suikoden games on Steam - these games would reach a new generation of players and a new audience. Anyone that likes turn-based rpgs should play them.

However, while this Konami twitter person is being civil, they are just the PR guy. They would have to influence the fucks over in Japan on any action.
>>
What movement? should I just tweet on that hashtag to show support?
>>
>>339893716
This is for people who know nothing about emulation or have a PC that can handle the fickle mistress that is Playstation emulation.
>>
File: RetroArch-0603-202206.png (445 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0603-202206.png
445 KB, 1920x1080
>>339893734
>>339893658
It's possible we could get something better, like a localized version of the psp ports.

Here's a fresh screenshot of that emulated on ppsspp. This version adds content and cosmetics from the saturn version of Suikoden 1 like the anji pirates kidnapping your party members,gremio's scene in purgatory before he's revived. and an intro that mimic's Suikoden 2's and is generally much more fitting than the PS1's.
>>
This is fucking worthless, what the fuck do you retards want, you can easily access the game on PC via other means, every last title actually. If you think showing support for suikoden NOW is somehow gonna spawn new games you need strangled for wasting everyone's time and air. Go fucking play tierkris is you think suikoden is worth going back to.
>>
Konami doesn't care about you anymore.
Let it go.
>>
>>339894258
There's no way you can get better than the PSP version.
Just stick with that unless you want mobile tier graphics.
>>
>>339894347
>you can easily access the game on PC
Most people will never bother fucking with emulators as much as you insist the simplicity of it and they don't know what they're missing. They need to be enlightened.

Tierkreis wasn't that bad also, especially for a DS RPG.
>>
Who fucking cares? They aren't going to make another one, and if they did it would be like the shitty spinoffs.

Also the series is overrated anyway. Only 2 and 5 are anything to write home about.

stop giving them money
>>
>>339894142

Pretty much, sending it to @konami helps.
>>
>>339894698
>Most people will never bother fucking with emulators as much as you insist the simplicity of it and they don't know what they're missing. They need to be enlightened.
Then who the fuck gives a shit? Them being retarded doesn't do anything. It won't net Konami any profit.
>>
I just want a Suikoden pachinko
>>
>>339894215
People own a pc for gaming and they must alrdy know what emulation is.
>>
>>339894960
Already been done years ago friend
>>
>pc gamers don't know about emulation
PC gamers are either DotA/LoL fags or retards who watch streamers who emulate games
>>
>>339895329
With a brain the size of a walnut.
>>
The team disbanded and the writer left before that happen. Why would you want a new one? Anyways I should go look for a link to the PC version of suikoden and the psp game that never came over. Need to test my moon skills.
>>
File: 1333857156888.jpg (167 KB, 637x442) Image search: [Google]
1333857156888.jpg
167 KB, 637x442
>IT'S REAL
>>
File: RetroArch-0603-203710.png (483 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0603-203710.png
483 KB, 1920x1080
>>339894587
Yeah, although it has nearly the same amount of bugs left over from the PS1 version the added widescreen and 8 way directional movement just puts it over the top.

Widescreen added for a ps1 jrpg man. I still can't get over it.

>>339894142
Yeah do that.
>>
>>339895430
Where is the ex Suikoden writer at now then?
>>
>>339894815
Will do.
>>
>2016
>Supporting Konami

Worse than Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
anyone else notice that japs have been putting alot of their games on pc lately?
>>
>>339895504
After he left Konami he worked on two shit games nobody cares about and that's it. Now he writes for shitty manga.
>>
>>339895654
I will still buy Konami products if they are good games or ports. I like buying digital products regardless of whether the company that owns them is a shell.
>>
>>339895654

I'd suck Konami's tiny Japanese cock for Suikoden on the PC despite owning original copies of all the mainline titles already and being perfectly capable of emulating them (mostly).
>>
I'd rather have Harmony of Despair. Never cared for Suikoden despite being a big JRPG fan.
>>
>>339895504
He left after 3. I think this is where he works at.
http://www.bm.ai/modules/keireki/
>>
>>339895853
Why would it matter if it's on PC?
No seriously, what difference would it make?
>>
File: murayama.jpg (10 KB, 180x195) Image search: [Google]
murayama.jpg
10 KB, 180x195
>>339895430
You never know what could happen. Murayama wrote journal entries as late as 2011 I believe about being called by Konami to return to the series. In the end, he decided not to for reasons unspecified but it was clear he was considering it.

>>339895504
He did write for a Magic The Gathering manga, which is funny because he said in interviews he's a huge MTG nerd and it influenced the entire team when they came up with the Rune system (one card-based enemy even had an unused sprite based on MTG card art) but in the last interview he gave he said he's working on "something for the west" which wasn't that long ago. The interview has a lot of great tidbits in it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/23/suikoden-creator-yoshitaka-murayama-working-new-project-targeted-west/
>>
>>339895989
Possibility for an enhanced port like the psp screenshots posted earlier with widescreen and other new stuff, possible new translation as the old one was notoriously rushed even admitted by one of the few translators Konami hired at the time, possible mod support to fix up bugs and dialogue ourselves in case they're too lazy, if they sell well they could prompt them to port over the rest of the series including the side stories that were never released here.
>>
Sent some tweets. Did this trend at any point today? If the Toonami hashtag was able to bring back Toonami and is able to make a late night anime block trend on twitter every single night, this shouldn't have any problem.
>>339893658
Emulation and proper ports are not the same thing. Also 1 and 2 already have legitimate PC versions.

Also the idea is to try and revive Suikoden as a series in a long run. The push for these getting ported is just a step in that.
>>339894347
Calm down bruh. At worst nothing happens. Not sure why this would frustrate you so much. There is literally NOTHING bad that can come from this.
>>
No thanks Konami is dead to me.
>>
>>339893110
you mean PR
>>
>>339893110
>Konami actually showing signs of humanity.

No they just know slapped together "definitive" versions of games make a quick easy buck. They don't give a fuck about you or their games.

#fuckkonami
>>
>>339896696

Agreed, at worst nothing happens. If anything, the @konami twitter seems to be on board.

People seem to forget that upper management in companies changes all the time. This is for the long run. And what's wrong with being positive?
>>
>>339893110
Kill yourself steamcuck. Fuck you and your DRM
>>
File: gjkg.jpg (33 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
gjkg.jpg
33 KB, 400x300
>>339897058
>side stories that were never released here.
To add to this a little, I always felt that S3 was so disconnected from the other 2 games in a way that wasn't intentional. Then I realized we missed the entire prologue to S3 that bridges the gap between S2 and S3 and sets up the lore Flame Champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iTGc58-c1U
These two visual novel take some plot threads in S2 like Clive and Elza's quest and ground them as important lore in the canon.

Originally these games' save data carried over to S3 too, but they made it so that we could carry over S2 to S3 in the west anyway.
>>
>>339897789
oops, meant to reply to >>339896627

>>339897783
I'm not the one who made the campaign. There seems to be a movement for Suikoden on GOG too https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/suikoden_and_suikoden_ii
I voted for it there but I'll take it however they want to give it to us. Knowing Konami it's just much more likely to be steam but whatever man.
>>
File: 1341776011756.jpg (172 KB, 371x306) Image search: [Google]
1341776011756.jpg
172 KB, 371x306
I've long since given up hope for a Suikoden VI. But it's really nice to see Konami acknowledge the movement like that. Suikoden's always been one of my favorite JRPG series.
>>
Just fucking emulate it, every single game emulates flawlessly
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.