[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Dark Cloud a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: dark cloud.jpg (214 KB, 1172x800) Image search: [Google]
dark cloud.jpg
214 KB, 1172x800
Was Dark Cloud a good game?
>>
It was fantastic, and it's sequel was even better.
>>
Just started replaying it, it's fun but rough around the edges
>>
I've never played it but 2 is my favorite RPG of all time.
>>
File: 1460665545697.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1460665545697.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>rogue-like dungeons (not a good thing)
>massive, on-going and boring cutscenes every other floor
>"you did too much damage to your weapon and now it's gone forever, sucks to be you asshole"
>half the cast is completely useless
>>
>>339890147
>Untrue things the lost
>>
>>339889641
The combat was rough, but overall one of the better PS2 games.
>>
>>339889716
neither hold up.
>>
>>339889641
I stopped playing it near the end but it was okay. I didn't like setting up the towns but it was alright anyways.
>>
>>339889641
Played the second. I remember it being an entertaining game. Never got around to finishing it though, haven't played it since I was a kid.
>>
The series is my favorite thing to come out of PS2.
I'm sure others have different favorites but Dark Cloud hits all the right places as far as my gameplay preferences go.
>>
>>339890147

You know how I know you didn't give the game a fair chance, faggot? You think there are cutscenes every other level of the dungeons, when that's only true of the very first dungeon. You probably didn't even fight the first boss.
>>
>>339890543

I've got both Dark Cloud AND Dark Cloud 2. So don't cop an attitude with me, sonny. I'm viewing the game through an unbiased filter free from nostalgia. The game was okay, but had all the rough signs of an RPG that didnt know what to do with itself.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.