[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games have the best economic systems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-07358-60103.jpg (51 KB, 250x316) Image search: [Google]
250px-07358-60103.jpg
51 KB, 250x316
What games have the best economic systems?
>>
>>339880507
Same here, anon. What other games have complex, systems-driven economies?

Are there any games that have a limited amount of money, where money doesn't just poof out of nowhere, and then get spent and go poof?

>tfw when you make a cash surplus, leave game running, and come back to having $1,000,000,000,000,000

Where the fuck did all the money come from?
>>
What games have economic systems other than GTA and its stock market?
>>
KOEI's Genghis Khan series on NES, SNES, and Genesis has some of the best/deepest economics for any grand strategy game.

The second game in particular is an absolute masterpiece if you can deal with heavy economics elements/management in your war strategy games.
>>
File: wsr_1080.gif (233 KB, 1080x680) Image search: [Google]
wsr_1080.gif
233 KB, 1080x680
Wall Street Raider on the PC is still the best and most realistic stock trading simulation ever made.
>>
File: wallskid_nesworld.jpg (501 KB, 561x751) Image search: [Google]
wallskid_nesworld.jpg
501 KB, 561x751
>>
diablo 2
>>
Victoria 2
>>
problem child 2
>>
File: 250px-Niji_no_silkroad_cover.jpg (21 KB, 250x169) Image search: [Google]
250px-Niji_no_silkroad_cover.jpg
21 KB, 250x169
Niji no Silkroad on NES. JRPG where you're a merchant in medieval arabia. You receive NO money from battles and can't find it in dungeons either (at least under normal circumstances). So ALL of your money is earned from buying shit cheap in one town, traveling to another town, and selling it for a higher price there.

If you like trading sims and old school JRPGs and want something that's unique/different within the genre then it's a pretty cool game.

There's a translation patch out there that's pretty easy to find.
>>
>>339882384
but you cant block trade it will just cause war exhaustion.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_business_simulation_video_games
>>
>>339880507
>ctrl+f
>no eve online
>>
>>339882384

I was gonna say no until I realized there's not much else
>>
>>339880675

You realize there is no limit to money in the real world right? The government poofs it into existence
>>
>>339884390
Pro-tip: Money and cash/"currency" are not the same thing.

Though you're right. There is no limit to the amount of money irl.
>>
>>339884390
Ah friend, I am well aware of that, since I study Austrian economics. I'm as "government is coersion; their money is fiat garbage that destroys wealth and fuels wars" as it gets.

I just meant that I want a game where the finances in a simulation are a closed-system, and money doesn't get created or destroyed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.