[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens when Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo stop supporting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 0_ebd63_32c50a2d_orig.jpg (34 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
0_ebd63_32c50a2d_orig.jpg
34 KB, 800x472
What happens when Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo stop supporting PSN, XBLA and Wiiware for the PS3, 360 and Wii?

Will games like Mega Man 9 and 10 will be just gone forever unless they decide to re-release it?
Could i not re-download all of my games and DLC?
>>
That's exactly what does happen, Anon. It has already happened, in fact.

For example, you can't get DS digital content anymore. Got an old DS game that had DLC? Too bad, so sad. You'll have to get a gamesave that has it.
>>
>you're only just now realizing you're fucked in the long run because you fell for the digital download meme

I have no sympathy for you
>>
Pretty sure Sony will never stop supporting PSN for PS3.
>>
>>339876220
wii is rippin
>>
>>339876220
It's one of the reason why there is a distaste for the console by the PC gaming community.
>>
what about patches?

are there any games that are unplayable without them?
>>
>>339878330
I can't think of a game that doesn't run without patches.
>>
>>339878330
every ubisoft game
>>
>>339876220
Xbone and wii U can are backward compatible so not any time soon
Sony won't hesitate to kill everything and run away with the money though
>>
>>339878817

The XBone is not backwards compatible. You put 360 disc of a supported game inside and it downloads a recompiled version for XBone. MS can shut down this service at any moment.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.