[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a game to distract me from my shitty life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: question.jpg (17 KB, 411x292) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
17 KB, 411x292
I spend way too much time looking for games that fit the subject, but once I try them I play for like an hour and get back to troublesome thoughts that I don't want to have.
What's your poison of choice? Which game does the best job of absorbing you?
>>
File: Capture.png (193 KB, 573x579) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
193 KB, 573x579
Want something that will last forever?

Come join us in Nexus:TK.
It's an old but still maintained mmo that proves that community-based MMOs can still thrive. The friendships I've made here are stronger than any I've found in real life.
>>
>>339871396
have u tried dwarf fortress
>>
>>339871396
Nier
To the Moon
Spec Ops: The Line
The House in Fata Morgana
All cheerful games.
>>
>>339871987
He didn't ask for those feels anon.
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>339871769

Man, how do I get into dwarf fortress?

While I love the complexity of it, all that clunky interface (not the aspect of it, just the gameplay) is a turn off.
>>
>>339871396
If you like grinding and looting you can waste your life playing Grim Dawn. If you're more into atmospheric games, lose yourself playing Stalker.
>>
>>339872215
Alright, I'll try to cheer him up.
Chaos;Head
Gemini Rue
Project Zero/Fatal Frame (especially 2, really heartwarming ending)
MGS4
>>
>>339872627

>Chaos;Head

Do you want to make him depressed and to have insomnias?
>>
Splatoon. Nothing else does it for me.
>>
>>339872728
Hm... yeah. We need something more upbeat. Miv Luv Alternative should do the trick!
>>
Thanks for all the answers, I'm gonna take a look at them and see if they appear to be absorbing enough.
>>
File: 1462512123533.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462512123533.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>339872519
download the "lazynewbpack" that'll exchange the ASCII for little picture tiles

use the "quickstart guide" on the dwarf fortress wiki

it gets really fun but there will be at least half an hour of frustration while you figure out the basic commands, which become 2nd nature quickly

for example changing the "level" (y-axis basically, they're called z levels) is ctrl > + or - to go up or down, three different keystrokes.

once you get a fort going and a were-moose-vampire man come and kills everyone you'll be hooked on the game
>>
>>339871396
Stalker mods. Fully immerse yourself.
>>
>>339872519
oh yeah there's also a program called dwarf therapist that will automatically sync with your game, it allows you to completely avoid the military and profession interfaces, it is aptly named. maybe that will make the difference for you
>>
>>339872997
Add to that:
Pathologic
Bastion
Mafia
FF Type-0
Lisa
Silent Hill 2
>>
I GET A GOOD OLD MMO
I FIND SOME POOR MOTHERFUCKER WHO IS SAD LIKE ME
AND THEN WE GRIND AND CHAT FOR HOURS

ITS REALLY EASY TO FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING WHEN DOING BRAINDEAD GRIND AND COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

KILL ME BRUHS
>>
>>339871396
Persona 4 Golden does a really good job of distracting you from your shitty life. I played it right after a really rough breakup, and it made me feel like a
pimp.
>>
>>339872618
If he's gonna waste his life on an ARPG it might as well be PoE
>>
>>339875046

Fuck, I remember doing this once.
>>
>>339871396
>I'm looking for a game to distract me from my shitty life
literally anything, that's what games are for
>>
>>339871396
Infinifactory. Dropped 4 hours into it immediately and nothing's been fun for a week until I played it.
>>
I just restarted playing Dark Cloud, there's something soothing about rebuilding the towns and making everyone happy
>>
>>339873115

Thanks mate.
I guess I'm still in that half an hour of frustration, but its only natural that this level of complexity needs so many keybinds.
>>
I find I get most immersed in games when it's not my intention. If you're looking for escape from worry and troubles it can be really difficult to get your mind off it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.