[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, remember me, the best handheld ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: PSP-2000.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
PSP-2000.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
Good PSP games thread.c
>>
Valkyrie Profile. First game I owned on the PSP and damn if it wasn't worth it.
>>
>>339871127
Still waiting for the 100% translation of the PSP Madoka game and the Idolm@ster game with the twins.
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799405
>>
The Vita's better
>>
>>339871606
I'm waiting for the remake of Persona 2 eternal punishment

dissidia 012 is really good and that's coming from a guy who doesn't like final fantasy
>>
Peace Walker. God Of War.
>>
>>339871127

the last time someone asked me for a list of PSP game, i made a pretty detailed one with some rare thing and you know what?

no one fucking cared

so fuck you OP
>>
File: pspwasright.png (81 KB, 402x298) Image search: [Google]
pspwasright.png
81 KB, 402x298
>>339871127
>>
>>339871606
any chances madoka will be full translated?
>>
>>339871127
>all those fucking ports
Op is le fag
>>
LOCOROCO 1+2
PATAPON 1+2+3
>>
>>339873045
I do. Post it, OP. I promise he's not even looking anymore. :^)
>>
>>339873085
it's one of the best game machines ever made
I bought one at a pawn shop 2 years ago for $40
I have no regrets
>>
>>339871127
Brandish: The Revenant was a pretty good psp title, dungeon-crawlery sort with an interesting top-down design. I think it was actually released late 2015.
>>
>>339874023

allright fine fine

>Metal gear Acid

It's kinda like x-com if your action were decided by cards instead, it's also metal gear when it wasn't worried about being comic book stupid

>Metal gear peace Walker

Pretty much the prototype of MGSV, playing metal gear with rpg element was a lot of fun even if it resulted in some bad decision

>Dungeon maker

Actualy this game suck but i like it because i found it pretty original, it's a shitty diablo clone where you make your own dungeon, you decide where the loot drop, what monster spawn and so on

>Patapon

One of the most original game for PSP, you lead a tribe of warriors by beating on drums so it combine strategy and rhythm game element all at once

>The Sting games

They are all good rpg full of complex mechanic, i particulary recomend riviera and gungnir and maybe yggdra union if you are into fire emblem

>Zettai hero project

Hilarious roguelike from disgaea creator, it's another numbers cruncher game just like disgaea so it might not be for everybody but personaly i loved it

>Elminage origin

The translation is shit but this is one of the best first person dungeon crawler i ever played, literaly the last good psp game

>Yugioh

There are like a thousand yugioh game for the thing, they are allright
>>
>>339874543

>Princess crown

The psp has a port of the classic for sega saturn princess crown which is an amazing game made by vanillaware before it became vanillaware, the sprites are HUGE and basicaly the game looks and play like a CPS2 game if it was a full fledged rpg instead of an arcade game

>Persona 2

Not a fan to be honest, but it features Hitler as one of the character you fight latet so how can't i recomend it? Note that this is part 1 of a 2 part game and the only way to play part 2 is a fan translation for the original psx

>Black rock shooter

Boring as fuck but i guess if you are an hatsune miku fan you might want to check it out

>Unchained blades

An okayish dungeon crawler made by furyu, i liked it but it was very averagish

>Crisis core and parasite eve

Some people like crisis core, i hated it, they are both game in square Enix crude attempt to murder all their franchises

>Gradius collection and Parodius collection

You aren't getting much here than a bunch of old shooting games but it's good stuff and this is a good way to experience them

>Hammerin Hero

This was the last game in the series of sidescroller about a carpeenter with a huge ass hammer called hammerin Harry, it's a great game that truly feels old School

>Ultimate ghost & goblins

Speaking of sidescroller, the PSP also had the last G&G ever made, most people don't like it because of it's forced metroidvania element but i think it get the fundamental right
>>
>>339871127
How is the PSP version of Cave Story?
>>
open up anons, here comes the spoon.
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_Portable
>>
>>339874631

>Megaman power up

Great megaman remake that also add 2 new bosses, the ability to play as the robot masters and a level editor, there is also a megaman x remake but i didn't find it as good

>Castlevania Dracula x Chronicles

Remake of castlevania rondo of Blood, i didn't like it but it comes with a port of the original rondo of Blood and also symphony of the night so it's an amazing package

>Half minute hero

Well you can buy it now from steam but back then it was exclusives, it's an amazing game full of secret where in each level you have to grind and beat the boss in 30 seconda

>Danganronpa

Also on PSP fantranslated

>Crush

Puzzle game where you fuck with the perspective in order to get where you want, think fez without the pretentious cunt and actual level design

>DJ max portable

A korean ripoff of the more popular beatmania but a good rhythm game none the less

>Dissidia final fantasy duodecim

You'd think a final fantasy fighting game would be a stupid idea but it works surprisingly well with every character playing differently and tons of rpg element to keep your autism going, the only good thing square-enix did on PSP

>Patchwork heroes

A qix clone where you play a kid that has to stop an airship invasion by sawing the airship to death, a very unique game

>Fate/extra

Boring,boring,boring but i guess if you are a fatefag you might want to give it a try
>>
>>339874959

i should add, the PSP has a truckload of B rate rpg if you somehow are that desperate for numbers
>>
>>339874783
It's fine, i didn't had any issue.
>>
>>339874959
Fate/EXTRA was a prolonged series of games of Rock/Paper/Scissors with nothing interesting to hold it together.

Dissidia actually surprised me with how good it was. Funnily enough, a good Typemoon game would probably play a lot like Dissidia.
>>
>>339875269

i forgot to add, there is a fate/extra fighting game on psp that's not that bad, you even get to play as that crazy blonde chick that's the rival of rin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0_VspNN9iY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qmoj0YcCW0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5-lA9HRS_o
>>
>>339874902

looking at this list and comparing with the one i made i can't believe i forgot about birth by sleep, it's basicaly kingdom hearts 3 and easily the best PSP game

jeanne d'arc is also another decent game i forgot

and prinny, prinny is also another really good psp game
>>
I liked the open world games like GTA, Gun, Midnight Club and Need for Speed.
>>
Oh, right, I almost forgot: The first couple of Disgaea games are on the PSP. Those are really good.
>>
has no one mentioned Monster Hunter Freedom Unite?
>>
PSP has some good 3D beat-em-ups
Kenka Bancho
Way of the Samurai
Gladiator Begins
>>
>>339871606
>>339872972

Sora 3rd being pc only is disappointing.
Who else here waiting for zero no kiseki?
>>
>>339871127
When is class of heroes 3 releasing?
Unless it's cancelled will be the last PSP English release.
>>
>>339879069
At this point, I'd have learnt Japanese before it comes out. I really don't want to play ToCS before Zero and Ao.
>>
>>339871127
Patapon, Vita When? What the fuck happened to Pyramid?
>>
I will soon sell my PSP GO
Any last thing I should play?
>>
>>339871127

N+

sooo good
>>
>>339874783
Best version.
>>
best PSP games are all the other console's games that it emulates because it has no games
>>
Is there an updated version of this?
Also are the atelier games any good?
>>
>>339882429
Shit file size was too big.
https://a.pomf.cat/piylrl.jpg
>>
>>339882410
D E L U S I O N A L
>>
File: work time fun.jpg (32 KB, 450x759) Image search: [Google]
work time fun.jpg
32 KB, 450x759
>>339871127
>Good PSP
>>
>>339882410
Except Disgaea. And Dissidia. And Danganronpa. And Class of Heroes. And Brandish: The Revenant. And Crisis Core. And Peace Walker. Etc.
>>
>>339871127
The DS and the GBA were miles better, even the Vita is better than the PSP
>>
>>339883053
D E L U S I O N A L

especially about the DS, what a garbage handheld. The GBA was better though. And as someone who bought a vita launch day, the PSP is way better
>>
File: 1458093249974.gif (99 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1458093249974.gif
99 KB, 350x300
WHO CFW HERE
>>
>>339871127
thats not the DS nor the Neogeo Pocket Color anon
>>
>>339873079
The translators said they are working for a 2017 release. Personally, I just want them to continue with Persona 2 EP and conception.
>>
>>339883279
>the DS, garbage
>TWEWY
>Ace Attoney(s)
>Castlevania
>999
>Ghost Trick
>Dragon Quest(s)
>Megaman Zero collection
>Megaman ZX(s)
>Elite Beat Agent
ok
>>
>>339883279
>>339883408

If the vita did get fully hacked like the PSP what would be the latest system it could emulate?
>>
>>339872947
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

GET A LOAD OF THIS NIGGA
>>
>>339883591
Maybe N64
>>
File: 1458256055540.jpg (20 KB, 300x261) Image search: [Google]
1458256055540.jpg
20 KB, 300x261
>>339883053
>GBA
>Vita

>>339883513
>Overrated 2deep4u meme game
>Ported to 3DS
>Metroidvania
>Game
>Game
>Ports
>No frills ports
>Good
<Good

Not impressed.
>>
>>339883837
shit taste confirmed.
also
>meme game
dumbshit confirmed.
>>
Is SNES emulation still shit?
>>
>>339883734
Nope. N64 emulation is a mess and would require a much beefier system to get playable speeds.
>>
>>339883734
Only n64?
Is the vita seriously that weak?
Though I do hear its heavily under clocked.
>>
>>339884015
>Muh VNs
>Muh piss-easy bastardizations of Castlevania
kys, you're the one with shit taste.

I like the DS as well but your selection of games was just awful.
>>
>>339884079
Even modern systems have trouble, the n64 is a very hard system to emulate
>>
PSP ruined me because I got so used to playing shorter, well-styled games in a comfy position.
>>
>>339871127
Man Peace Walker is so fucking good, I remember playing that shit all day every day until my PSP broke

I remember the shitty PPSSPP threads I made while I was playing it after I finished playing it and was itching to replay, it still doesn't work on mobile if I recall correctly, making it a pain in the ass to emulate unless I'm using my Desktop with a controller or a keyboard.

I tried playing Valkyrie Chronicles 2, story was total dogshit iirc but the gameplay was pretty similar to the first.

Persona 3 Portable is good for the essense of Persona 3, and the femroute is pretty enjoyable.
>>
Metal Gear Peace Walker, Street Fighter Alpha MAX and Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Tag Team absolutely consumed my life. My DS was collecting dust like mad. Then the hinge broke and I didn't give a shit. I still don't.

How did we go from the PSP to the awful shit that is the 3DS and the actively sabotaged by its own creators Vita?

The 3DS and Vita are fucking shit to the point that I'd actually rather play emulators on my phone with a Dualshock 4 and the GCM10 mount. If your phone is rooted, it doesn't even need to be a Sony phone for this to work.
>>
>>339884305
I'm waiting for mobiles with Nvidia's X1 chip. Would be god-tier for emulation desu.
>>
>Nobody mentioning
>God eater
>Star ocean 1 and 2
>7th dragon 2020
>Valkyria Chronicles 3
>Grand Knights history
>Wild arms XF
>>
>>339871127
Ys seven. Quite a change from the older games but still fun.
>>
>>339874543
>>339874631
>>339874959
The list is very appreciated
>>
Anyone try half minute hero 2 yet?
It recently got a English patch.
>>
>>339883509
traduko has done fuckall on EPP, the gbatemp fags are the only ones making progress
both groups are awful though so it's going to be shit no matter what
>>
>>339885343
>God Eater
I honestly really wanted to enjoy this title, I never got through to the end, fuck if I recall correctly I barely got to the 3rd or 4th difficulty stage, I always felt like my character wasn't walking or running, but rather slipping around the map (or portion of the maps)

>Valkyria Chronicles 3
As far as I know, I remember this being in Japanese only so I couldn't really play it since I was too lazy to find a patched version.
>>
>>339874543
Thanks for the list of games, anon. What sets elminage origin apart from other dungeon crawlers?
>>
>>339885348
Most Falcom games are worth playing.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.