[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Crossing Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
What does the future hold for Animal Crossing?

Will the series stay on handhelds or go back to console?
Will the next game we get be a spin off or a mainline game?
Will they finally allow us to date villagers?

What do you think, /v/.
>>
The series will continue on mobile. Next game will be a spinoff. You will only be allowed to date Isabelle.
>>
Posting before degeneracy ruins the thread.

They'll probably keep it on handhelds just to sell the handhelds. I'd like it to go to consoles and drop the spin-off shit. Hopefully they'll fix the dialogue like it was on Gamecube. And go back to acres.
>>
>>339868564
>You will only be allowed to date Isabelle.

Well its not all bad, I guess.
>>
>>339868564
It will literally never have dating in it. It's a kids game and furthermore nintendo probably aren't aware of the furfaggot market
>>
>>339868839
Didnt that animal crossing like game have dating in it? Magicians something?

I dont think innocent dating is really that crazy of a thing to be in a kids game. Hell, some kids games have marriage and child rising in them.
>>
>>339868839
Alright, no dating. But you will still be able to hold hands with Isabelle.
>>
>>339869072
MODS
>>
>>339869047
>>339869072
This is nintendo though, you know what they are like
>>
>>339868640
I've only played te gcn version, what did they do to the dialogue?
>>
>>339868640
>degeneracy

Speaking of.
https://discord.gg/012vbSzRyBOenHzry

Made an AC discord server.
It has a room to post lewd stuff.

But the main focus will be actual vidya discussion.
>>
>>339869315
You've already added to it you furry faggot
>>
>>339869315
Delete this
REEEEE
>>
I'm still sad that they didn't make a full title for the Wii U, using the touchpad with it sounds comfy as fuck.
>>
>>339869181
They dumbed it down quite a bit and it's very repetitive.There's a nice picture somewhere showing the opening Rover dialogue from GCN and from New Leaf that shows this well, but I don't have it.
>>
>>339869518
Just wait for the NX :^)
>>
>>339869487
That might have been what I meant
>>
File: YES I INCREDIBLY MAD.png (210 KB, 382x610) Image search: [Google]
YES I INCREDIBLY MAD.png
210 KB, 382x610
>>339867824
>what does the future hold for animal crossing

DLC, Amiibo shit, and other paywalls, and most likely it'll be forced onto mobile shit so we never fucking get another console animal crossing again.

They're going to fuck this series into the ground. I want modern Nintendo to fucking die.
>>
>>339871756
>other paywalls
There are no paywalls in any of the games

>forced onto mobile
The second game was mobile and city folk was planned for mobile the decision to put it on wii was only because the 3ds plans were shaky at the time
>>
>>339872046
>There are no paywalls in any of the games

Amiibos are a paywall son, and New leaf was introduced in a time before modern fagtendo started forcing their paywall dick into everything. Trust, Happy home designer and the board game are a sign of things to come.

Also, i dont care what plans they had or about Nintendo's money. They can either make a non butchered solid game or die as a company. Animal crossing is one of the last nice things we have left from them that hasn't been shit on into the ground for the drones to lap up and defend like Nintendo is their best friend.
>>
>>339872378
You don't need any amiibo cards to play happy home designer. And Amiibo Festival comes bundled with Isabelle and Digby. Nothing at all was butchered about New Leaf, it has more content than any of the previous games. You are just searching for things to cry about like everyone else on this shitty board.
>>
I remember reading something that the handheld versions of the games sell better and are better received so I have a feeling they'll stick to that, but the series is definitely a new cash cow for them

too bad they'll never recapture the charm of the GCN game
>>
>>339872686
The handheld things sell better for obvious reasons. AC on a daily basis really has nothing to offer outside of short 20 minute sessions, so handheld while you are on a bus or something is the perfect place for them.
>>
File: 5ba.png (268 KB, 512x334) Image search: [Google]
5ba.png
268 KB, 512x334
>>339867824

>What does the future hold for Animal Crossing?

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/animal-crossing-fire-emblem-mobile-apps-coming-fall
>>
File: 1463946468926.gif (2 MB, 335x222) Image search: [Google]
1463946468926.gif
2 MB, 335x222
>>339867824
I wish they'd bring back NWC so I can play Animal Crossing Wild World online again.
>>
I've only played city folk on the wii
Which other installments are worth playing?
>>
>>339874829
All of them. I personally like Wild World the best but New Leaf has the most content.
>>
File: tumblr_mrdoo5mHdq1qmz1r0o1_1280.png (535 KB, 928x1296) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrdoo5mHdq1qmz1r0o1_1280.png
535 KB, 928x1296
just posting lewdest neighbour
>>
The series is forever fucked because the writers don't bother making believable living breathing characters anymore.
>>
I'm really hoping they do a console & handheld release, like with Smash 3DS, but with cross platform play. AC is not a demanding game so I don't see why couldn't happen.

The series really needs to expand outside of "the town" and become more MMORPG like. The fetch quests are already there. Let us explore actual forests and landscapes with others in real time.

>>339869181
I've only played New Leaf but

The dialogue is TERRIBLE. I mean so stupidly written its almost engrish. The characters have little personality, barely comment on the world, no emotion, so disappointing.
>>
>>339878425
>he series really needs to expand outside of "the town"
Yes

>and become more MMORPG like
Fuck no

>>339867824
I liked what City Folk did and would have liked more of it. Like the island in New Leaf, only bigger and actually having more villagers who live there. And then having other places you can travel too like a little city with more people.
>>
>>339877592
This, they just keep making more bland characters.

Why did they get rid of awesome events like the fishing tourney, bug catching tournaments, and morning aerobics? Those were awesome and added another level of bonding with your villages.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.